Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA Discussion Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go kwame
Old 04-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Im No Superman

here we go, ticky tack foul calls for the lakers...
Old 04-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Banned

kobe just put his nuts on steve nash
Old 04-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Im No Superman

Originally Posted by btsilver
somebody find a picture please?

EDIT: nm found one

Last edited by h2o-pr00f; 04-27-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lakers 1: Suns 1
Home court advantage: Lakers

Old 04-27-2006, 01:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ccannizz11
no, i just don't think the lakers will make it past the first round.

And I do think last night's game was competitive. that's not what I was commenting on. Do I think the lakers can have that kind of game repeatedly, enough to win the series? No.
2 competitive games now, who would have thunkit?
Old 04-27-2006, 01:43 AM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

This should be an okay shot of the Kobe charge.
I just want the Clips to reach the WCFs so I can see a Clips-spurs game.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:54 AM
Im No Superman

No way thats a charge.. Nash got there before he took off but I swear the rule is that if they cut off the player's path its a blocking foul. Nash stepped in as kobe did 2 steps to the basket cutting off his progress to the hoop. If nash was closer, it would have been different but you can see there he flew to get position. You cant just fly in front of them, when players do that it SHOULD NOT be a charge.

A lot of stupid calls go only by the lines in the key, its also about progress and cutting them off. So many unavoidable charges are called
Old 04-27-2006, 02:18 AM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by h2o-pr00f
No way thats a charge.. Nash got there before he took off but I swear the rule is that if they cut off the player's path its a blocking foul. Nash stepped in as kobe did 2 steps to the basket cutting off his progress to the hoop. If nash was closer, it would have been different but you can see there he flew to get position. You cant just fly in front of them, when players do that it SHOULD NOT be a charge.

A lot of stupid calls go only by the lines in the key, its also about progress and cutting them off. So many unavoidable charges are called
?? Rule is if defensive players feet are set prior to offensive players feet having launched. Also d player has to be outside of arc, which he was.

You can't cut off a players path? How the hell would you ever play defense?

If you can find that in the rulebook i will gladly read it.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Im No Superman

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c....av=ArticleList

A defensive player is not permitted to move into the path of an offensive play-er once he has started his shooting motion.
i understand what you are saying, and you are right. You are supposed to play D with your feet, cut them off. What I mean is.. example:

You are on the block, and somebody drives straight through the key. as they take thier legal 2 1/2 steps towards the basket before attempting a layup, you slide to the left and step in to take a charge. eventhough by the time he got in the air your feet were planted and set, you flew in out of nowhere while they were in progress.. thats a blocking foul.

EDIT:
A defensive player is permitted to establish a legal guarding position in the path of an offensive player who receives a pass inside the lower defensive box regardless of his speed and distance.
im not talking about this, im talking about how so many playeres nowdays slide in out of nowhere just to get a charge call, not to play actual D. its bs and dangerous
Old 04-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Drifting

it was a close call, but that will RARELY get called a charge late in the playoffs, especially a kinda pussy move by nash. and especially since it was a close call and it was kobe. hell, if that was lebron they probably would have given him the foul and found a way to take away suns points
Old 04-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Banned

That was a foul (charge), but a great dunk nonetheless...
Old 04-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kobe got fouled at the end of game 1 and it wasn't called. These things tend to even out over a long series.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Im No Superman

it was a makeup call cause if you look at the ref it looks like he called a charge while kobe was still hanging, then changed it. Either way I still think my rulebook posting stands and it was a blocking foul. Nash cut him off.. its in the book
Old 04-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Banned

Yeah no more of you bitches whining about the refs...it was all Laker calls last night and you know it. The Suns lost. Am I gonna sit here and say this and that? No. The Lakers stepped it up...they hit key shots when they needed to...although there was a no call on that loose ball foul by Kwame...

Anyway, makes for an interesting series....the Suns really are deficient in size v. the Lakers...and as long as the refs are gonna let the Lakers play bump and grab D....then its gonna be a series.

Im thinking at some point they are going to have to switch Marion off of Odom...and dare him to score (which he has been doing, nailing key treys)...or they are gonna play Odom 1 on 1.

I think I would rather have Marion making Odom play D and then just find someone that can body up Odom....switch Tim Thomas...and let Kwame be the hero (probably be a zero)...
Old 04-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by h2o-pr00f
it was a makeup call cause if you look at the ref it looks like he called a charge while kobe was still hanging, then changed it. Either way I still think my rulebook posting stands and it was a blocking foul. Nash cut him off.. its in the book
He was clearly planted and outside of the arc...he got to the position before Kobe left the floor. They showed in the replay. But no crying here, it was probably a make up call.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slayer202
it was a close call, but that will RARELY get called a charge late in the playoffs, especially a kinda pussy move by nash. and especially since it was a close call and it was kobe. hell, if that was lebron they probably would have given him the foul and found a way to take away suns points
How is it a pussy move??? It's not like Nash is gonna rise up and challenge Kobe on a dunk....
Old 04-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
He was clearly planted and outside of the arc...he got to the position before Kobe left the floor. They showed in the replay. But no crying here, it was probably a make up call.
I think that call could easily have gone either way. Nash set his feet at the same time Kobe left the ground. He was already committed to dunk before Nash stepped in so I do not see how Kobe could have avoided Nash which means it was a blocking foul. Then again, Nash did appear to have position so the ref could have called a charge too. It clearly was a more difficult call than the no call in game 1. I think it was a good no call by the ref and if ties go to the runner in baseball...why not basketball too.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Drifting

How is it a pussy move??? It's not like Nash is gonna rise up and challenge Kobe on a dunk....
well steve nash is a pussy, and his move was trying to step in front of kobe once he started his takeoff, making it a pussy move
Old 04-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Banned

well steve nash is a pussy, and his move was trying to step in front of kobe once he started his takeoff, making it a pussy move
Steve Nash was never known as a defensive player...more of a liability...the pussy move is when youre fucking 6'10" trying to take a charge from a 6' pt. guard....
Old 04-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Banned

Most Viciously Posterized
Old 04-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Banned

...although there was a no call on that loose ball foul by Kwame...
what loose ball foul? He got undercut when he went for the loose ball.

...and as long as the refs are gonna let the Lakers play bump and grab D....then its gonna be a series.
umm what do you think the suns do?

I think I would rather have Marion making Odom play D and then just find someone that can body up Odom....switch Tim Thomas...and let Kwame be the hero (probably be a zero)...
Kwame would probably drop 25 on Marion.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Banned

what loose ball foul? He got undercut when he went for the loose ball.

umm what do you think the suns do?

Kwame would probably drop 25 on Marion.
He ran over whoever had the loose ball. Did you watch the game? The one of the key pivotal moments when the ball was loose and he knocked over one of the Suns...and it was a no call.

I think they play poor defense, but I dont think they grab and shove....

Kwame is garbage...by saying that Kwame could score 25...you just showed that dont watch basketball. That kid is a bust....he's having a decent series, ill give him that, but he is garbage......
Old 04-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Suzuka Master

He ran over whoever had the loose ball. Did you watch the game? The one of the key pivotal moments when the ball was loose and he knocked over one of the Suns...and it was a no call.

Kwame is garbage...by saying that Kwame could score 25...you just showed that dont watch basketball. That kid is a bust....he's having a decent series, ill give him that, but he is garbage......
here we go again...

kwame scoring 25 a game, possible, but certainly unlikely. i agree with you.

HOWEVER, he has been putting up solid numbers ever since chris mihm got injured. to end the regular season, i believe he was averaging around 15 and 9, while playing solid, solid defense. this is far more than the fans or phil jackson could have hoped and expected from kwame in his first season.

has he lived up to his number 1 draft billing yet, no. but, he is far from garbage. kid is still young.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GTKrockeTT
here we go again...

kwame scoring 25 a game, possible, but certainly unlikely. i agree with you.

HOWEVER, he has been putting up solid numbers ever since chris mihm got injured. to end the regular season, i believe he was averaging around 15 and 9, while playing solid, solid defense. this is far more than the fans or phil jackson could have hoped and expected from kwame in his first season.

has he lived up to his number 1 draft billing yet, no. but, he is far from garbage. kid is still young.
5 years in the league and No.1 overall draft pick. Bust. He is garbage. Until he does it for an entire season. At which time I will rescind my garbage label....
I mean really, he is 7' and 270lbs...there arent that many good big men in the league.....he should at least be above average.

I think what irritates me the most about Kwame...is that he is just plain clueless sometimes....its not like he isnt a big strong guy with some atheleticism....he just doesnt seem to know what to do.

BTW, im not really trying to hate on the Lakers...they won that game...fair and square, they stepped up....what the refs call is what they call...for the most part it was a pretty fairly called game.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Drifting

as of late hes been averagine 14/9...thats pretty damn good considering what he has done in the past. and tough call with the kwame play. i think he might have gotten tripped up, and even then, in the playoffs they don't usually always call that inadvertant contact
Old 04-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Suzuka Master

5 years in the league and No.1 overall draft pick. Bust. He is garbage. Until he does it for an entire season. At which time I will rescind my garbage label....
I mean really, he is 7' and 270lbs...there arent that many good big men in the league.....he should at least be above average.

I think what irritates me the most about Kwame...is that he is just plain clueless sometimes....its not like he isnt a big strong guy with some atheleticism....he just doesnt seem to know what to do.

BTW, im not really trying to hate on the Lakers...they won that game...fair and square, they stepped up....what the refs call is what they call...for the most part it was a pretty fairly called game.
he AND lamar.

however, he has a real coach now, not that wannabe doug collins.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Drifting

come on, lamar has played great the first 2 games
Old 04-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Banned

Yes. You are right. Im actually completely blind, and its a miracle that I cant type out coherent thoughts on this forum with a standard keyboard. Can he score 25 in a game against the suns, yes. Against other teams? probably not.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Suzuka Master

come on, lamar has played great the first 2 games
he's played well, just wish he would play smarter.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Im No Superman

everybody on the clippers must be going tonight.. so many turnovers and nuggets had a shit game at home.. and they still hung in most of the game
Old 04-28-2006, 02:11 AM
I'm back, biatch.

Cheap shot by Posey.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Banned

Go bulls!!! Shaq is finding out that he can't turned it ON for the playoffs like he used to in his younger days...
Old 04-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mamboking
Go bulls!!! Shaq is finding out that he can't turned it ON for the playoffs like he used to in his younger days...

They actually won a game! OMG, this is cause for celebration. And like typical NBA fashion we have to wait until sunday for the next game. The NBA is ruining the playoffs with these drawn out series. :fuckthenba:
Old 04-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Banned

go Wizards. I hope the wipe the floor with lebron. Again.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,314 Likes on 967 Posts
Originally Posted by mamboking
Wow, total silence about Shaq when he was dominating the first 2 games. I'm not surprised. His last year with the lakers against the Rockets he was actually held to 7 points. He still shot .500 but the foul trouble killed him playing 11 mins in 3 quarters. Perimeter defense on our team is horrible but we saw this coming. His 7 TO is pretty flukey considering he's one of the best passing centers all time. No excuse for his underachieving game.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Drifting

silence because the bulls were still in those games. and its no surprise he can have big games, but its those shitty ones that are important. and LOL at best passing centers of all time. the only reason he gets assists is because of the double teams he draws. and that was just a laughable performance by him. next game he is gonna come out and wanna kill someone just like the rest of the heat team.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Suzuka Master

The Bulls played well last night. Was Shaq even playing? It was one of the worst games I've seen him play EVER.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm back, biatch.

Posey suspended.

wtf, I though Miami was supposed to be the veteran team in the series.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

anyone see that spin move by butler on lebron?

Quick Reply: NBA Discussion Thread