Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!
View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship?
Orlando Magic
18.18%
LA Lakers
81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

NBA: 2009 Playoffs Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
Well, Kobe did through a cheap foul. Artest was complaining to the ref about the cheap shots all game and I think the throat shot not getting called pushed Artest to the limit. Kobe did get scared when Artest ran up to him though.
The drop of Scola by Fisher was a dirty play! No matter how much the Lakers defend it, it was nasty and uncalled for.

The game was good in the first half though. It got really sloppy in the second half, I personally think the refs were siding on the Lakers. Especially that bald ref. I hate that guy. He's the one who gave Tim Duncan a technical for laughing at a call while he was on the bench. Right now, this is the series to watch.

The slap by Rafer Alston was provoked. But it was hilarious!!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lowpost
I got no problems with hard fouls or as long as it's called both ways. Shoot I hope the Laker/Houston series get's more physical, I got my money on Houston if it's no holds barred.
^^
Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Yup this is the series to watch
Old 05-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimTL

It was funny! Me and my wife were crackin up. It would have been more funny if Rafer had slapped his headband off. You can see Charles and Kemmy trying not to laugh about it
Old 05-07-2009, 02:17 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The leagues is too soft. Shit talking is good for the league. I got no problems with hard fouls or as long as it's called both ways.
Well...I do agree with that.

As long as blows aren't made...let 'em play.

I'm tired of seeing all the b*tches flopping around.

That's what annoys me...reminds me of Pierce everytime I think of it.

I'm soooo tired of seeing his b*tch a$$ expressions!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:29 AM
Burning Brakes

BTW, I'm yet to figure out what the initials on the pins mean. You know, the one that all the NBA and anyone affiliated to is wearing? CD? Who is that or what is it for?
Old 05-07-2009, 02:31 AM
trill recognize trill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlunFeZ35Lc he's my fuckin hero,the game was rigged to stimulate the economy
Old 05-07-2009, 02:39 AM
trill recognize trill

he should have wayne brady'd that motherfucker
Old 05-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
BTW, I'm yet to figure out what the initials on the pins mean. You know, the one that all the NBA and anyone affiliated to is wearing? CD? Who is that or what is it for?
The pins are in honor and support of Hall of Fame coach Chuck Daly, who was recently diagnosed with, and is being treated for pancreatic cancer.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think the artest ejection was pretty justified at that moment in the game. It was already really chippy game, and walking across the court just to jawing at someone right in their face will usually end in bad results. I'm about as level headed as people get, but I'm not sure if I could help myself from at least pushing someone that was within an inch of my face. I thought he was just purposely trying get kobe to retaliate and get a suspension. I have to say though artest interviews probably have been the best interviews i've seen in a long time

Fisher will probably be suspended, and that was kinda a cheap shot, but I think there was definitely some acting on scola's end. Maybe I was already mad cause I didn't think the lakers deserved 2 T's to scola's one on the play before.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I knew once Joey Crawford was announced as the ref the Rockets were in trouble. I told a co-worker that just like in Portland for game 2 they won't allow Yao to get into the game he'll have 2 fouls in the first period and that's exactly what happened. The NBA couldn't have the Rockets go up 2-0 against their favorite sons in the Lakers. The Lakers are a frustrated and scared team that's why they are resorting to cheap shots like the one Fisher threw. Kobe Bryant is a POS and has thrown 2 elbows in the series and should be suspended. The Rockets accomplished what they wanted to do they got a split and have two at home they're in the driver's seat now.
BTW if we happened to lose the last game I would fully expect Artest to beat Kobe's ass and teach him a lesson.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Smokin blunts w/ Tupac in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kobe Bryant

man that guy is fucking awesome. Battier was all over his ass last night and he still killed him. I wish he was not playing the rockets, I would love to root for him. WOW!!

Hopefully the rockets can hold serve and win both games at home. For those of you who didnt stay up and watch the game last night, you missed an 80's style basketball game. Hard fouls, technical fouls, ejections, confirtations, fast breaks, it was awesome. Can wait for Game 3.

rockets in 6.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:34 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

FAWK! i passed out in the 3rd quarter right before all the good stuff.

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Yall are being pansies. The East gets away with alot of this stuff. Let the west play.

I'll take the win. Fish is probably gonna get suspended, Kobe's was just a missed foul call. The thing is with Fisher's foul is that DWill got away with that same type of play in the Jazz series and it was just a foul.

I got the feeling that Scola is a dirty player, but not from his time for being on Rockets. He was part of that Argentina team that beat the Lebron, Wade, and Melo. He was uber annoying and definitely a gamer. He probably been pulling some veteran crap the whole game....not saying that's wrong, but those player from Argentina know how to get away with stuff w/i the bounds of the game.

But just let em play....all this ticky tack foul shit is making our game weak. When the West goes to the East to play, they aren't ready for the physical play.

i love scola (no homo), but if he wasn't on my team, he'd be annoying as hell.

i wouldn't call a lot of what happened ticky tack fouls, but i see where you're getting at. it's a lot of the ticky tacks that escalate into what happened. funny how the east is traditionally the more physical conference.

who's talking about ticky tack fouls - we're talking about Fisher's cheap shot and Kobe's elbow that got missed. If a Houston player did the same thing you'd be on her talking about the same thing. And the only reason why Kobe's elbow is a story is becasue Artest got ejected, which I don't think he should have. He didn't do shit and players should be allowed to get up in each other's faces. The leagues is too soft. Shit talking is good for the league. I got no problems with hard fouls or as long as it's called both ways. Shoot I hope the Laker/Houston series get's more physical, I got my money on Houston if it's no holds barred.
with everything you said.

the league is too soft now. ever since they changed the rules on defense, anything is practically a foul now.

hard fouls are ok. but fisher's was dirty.

that had me rolling.

Originally Posted by dumamei
man that guy is fucking awesome. Battier was all over his ass last night and he still killed him. I wish he was not playing the rockets, I would love to root for him. WOW!!

Hopefully the rockets can hold serve and win both games at home. For those of you who didnt stay up and watch the game last night, you missed an 80's style basketball game. Hard fouls, technical fouls, ejections, confirtations, fast breaks, it was awesome. Can wait for Game 3.

rockets in 6.
entering the series, my belief is that kobe's gonna get his points no matter what. battier and artest are great defenders, but like any great scorer, kobe will put up points. the key is to make him work hard for his points and stop the rest of the lakers.

so kobe can put up 40 and tell the crowd "he can't guard me" but whatever.

did you guys catch dan patrick show this morning?

he was like "no kidding! we know he can't guard you. just put it on loop and play it in the arena."

http://probasketballnews.com/story/?storyid=424
I went there with the intentions of telling Kobe, 'you gotta relax. You're hitting the wrong person, don't you know you're hitting Ron Artest?'"
EL OH EL!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Keep It Simple in

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
lol Fish's shot on Scola had me Rollin. Fisher was like WTF?! just happend.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
trill recognize trill

what about this no call in the previous game?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:57 AM

^sup man. where've you been?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks, Paz80, for the clarification of the Chuck Daly pins. I'm praying that things turn out well.

Is there a way we can start a new poll with only the remaining teams? With the way the 2nd round is going, anything can happen.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
^sup man. where've you been?
He's stacking chips like legos!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by yunginTL
Welcome to the 80s and welcome to the 2nd round, Shane. LOL.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:31 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Osamu
i think the artest ejection was pretty justified at that moment in the game. It was already really chippy game, and walking across the court just to jawing at someone right in their face will usually end in bad results. I'm about as level headed as people get, but I'm not sure if I could help myself from at least pushing someone that was within an inch of my face. I thought he was just purposely trying get kobe to retaliate and get a suspension. I have to say though artest interviews probably have been the best interviews i've seen in a long time

Fisher will probably be suspended, and that was kinda a cheap shot, but I think there was definitely some acting on scola's end. Maybe I was already mad cause I didn't think the lakers deserved 2 T's to scola's one on the play before.
Are you kidding me? acting? c'mon. I never seen anything like that before.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:33 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by yunginTL
hahaha. Wow. Kobe.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by tiredandhungry67
houston just awoke the beast in LA.
it will be interesting without fisher, much more faster game with shannon and farmar. Artest is an idiot, he needs to learn to talk to the refs. It'll be entertaining, but Lakers will come up on top.
Maybe Kobe also should learn not to throw cheap ass elbow shot.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Banned

I missed the third quarter last night, did Artest get a double T? Or did Crawford just eject him? Any suspensions handed out? Either way what a good series this is shaping up to be
Old 05-07-2009, 12:42 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by scholtew
I missed the third quarter last night, did Artest get a double T? Or did Crawford just eject him? Any suspensions handed out? Either way what a good series this is shaping up to be
No double T. Crawford just tossed Artest out of the game.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Kobe was great last night - no doubt about that.

Fisher is a bitch. If you take a shot like that, man up and say yeah I meant to put him on his ass. Don't give any excuse like he was closer than I thought when it's obvious you lined him up. And don't use the Scola foul excuse either. He got Lamar Odom, but it wasn't hard, dirty or cheap. Just a normal foul on someone driving to the rim. If the lakers get upset over that, then they're a bunch of pussies not ready to play the east.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Safety Car

Kobe was great last night - no doubt about that.

Fisher is a bitch. If you take a shot like that, man up and say yeah I meant to put him on his ass. Don't give any excuse like he was closer than I thought when it's obvious you lined him up. And don't use the Scola foul excuse either. He got Lamar Odom, but it wasn't hard, dirty or cheap. Just a normal foul on someone driving to the rim. If the lakers get upset over that, then they're a bunch of pussies not ready to play the east.
Fish did mean to put him on his ass, but it would be stupid for him to say it. Suspend him, its fine. I think the rest of the guards are quicker anyways and are better at converting fast breaks.

Scola pulled LO after the foul. They (LO and Luke) know what he was trying to do. That after-the-foul stuff is overlooked all the time. They called Scola on it before it got any worse. good for them.

Its about time the Lakers got dirty. They've been a finesse team and we all know it.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:02 PM

by the way, kobe got big over the years. no homo. dude looks skinny in that picture.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:08 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks

by the way, kobe got big over the years. no homo. dude looks skinny in that picture.
I remember that.... clean punch by childs

Wow. Kobe sure did got big over the years, still a pussy.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Safety Car

^^Fro-be!! ya, Kobe's packed on some muscle.

LOL at Chris Childs-straight to da neck. I remember that fight. They say Ron Ron's exciteable, but Kobe's been pretty chippy for his whole career.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Fish did mean to put him on his ass, but it would be stupid for him to say it. .
I don't think what he says makes any difference on how he'll get penalized. It's obvious from the video what his intentions were.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Safety Car

I don't think what he says makes any difference on how he'll get penalized. It's obvious from the video what his intentions were.
No doubt. he's gonna get suspended. But I'd still take the high road, and keep it between the lines.

Why don't we just wait and see what happens.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
I remember that.... clean punch by childs

Wow. Kobe sure did got big over the years, still a pussy.
it wasn't just a clean punch by childs. childs got him with a 1-2 combo. sick. it was fast too. childs is gutter. that 1-2 combo was so fast, kobe didn't even react to it until childs was getting ready to land a 3rd!

but yea. kobe did get big. i wanna say it's after that season in the pic. i remember a quote from corey maggette, who's no urkel either. maggette saw kobe after the summer and said "damn. boy got huge."

^^Fro-be!! ya, Kobe's packed on some muscle.

LOL at Chris Childs-straight to da neck. I remember that fight. They say Ron Ron's exciteable, but Kobe's been pretty chippy for his whole career.
this is true. he may not be a fighter, but he's been chippy even as a rookie.

No doubt. he's gonna get suspended. But I'd still take the high road, and keep it between the lines.

Why don't we just wait and see what happens.
x2.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:43 PM
mmmmmm....

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=14563 21">Chris Childs vs Kobe Bryant</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=1456321,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=1456321,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=48158 062">Kobe Bryant and Chris Childs Fight</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=48158062,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=48158062,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
Old 05-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Lakers/Rockets series will get real interesting. And Rafer is a bich for real with that slap on House...this ain't And 1 sucka, Escalade, Spyder and Professor ain't gonna pull House off your sorry azz...that schit was so weeeeak...but Rondo's dunk last night was crazy...i had no idea he had ups like that
Old 05-07-2009, 02:45 PM
mmmmmm....

^^ that boy can get up.... sick dunk!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:46 PM

rondo and his foamposites.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Ackniculous One

While I am a Laker fan, I would be surprised if Kobe didn't get a fine for that elbow..it wasn't quite as obvious as Dwight Howards elbow last week or so. Artest should of got in Kobe's face right after it happened, not run to the ref, then run over to Kobe...i got a feeling the hit squad will be going after Kobe for some payback, so he better guard his grill for sure. Fisher, well..that was a nice hit but not smart at all. He may earn a suspension on that due to the fact he lined up to make that hit. I predict a small fine for Rafer, but not a suspension...it may have been different if they were friends and he slapped him and smiled saying something like "you lucky muhfukka" or something..hahaha...Stu Jackson has some thinkin to do..I'm sure they will announce before the end of the night on what happens....

Oh, and the player that got owned the hardest in NBA fights was Rudy Tomjanovich way back in the day when he played, when he literally ran into a punch and it took half his gaddamm face off....sheeeet!!

Finals - Lakers and Cavs, The Lake Show takes all in Game 6

Last edited by CJITTY; 05-07-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Ackniculous One

Time check is at 1:45 for the punch of the century during an NBA game...long but there is a storyline to go along with it in case someone wanted to know why....dammm

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jgqUZ1IAA_8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jgqUZ1IAA_8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 05-07-2009, 03:20 PM
magnum and i smoking cigs

missed the dunk by rondo will have to catch that online.. but as far as the lakers going to the c'ship i doubt it... they have to get out of the west first to make it there and the way teams are playin in the west right now they better hope they beat the rockets
Old 05-07-2009, 03:21 PM
magnum and i smoking cigs

LOLOLOLOL you went and found the punch heard arount the world....LOL

Quick Reply: NBA: 2009 Playoffs Thread