Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

More NBA Offseason News

Old 07-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha have you seen his J?? its sooo broke
Old 07-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Teh ?

Mo Pete is a college player... the guy would probably benefit in playing with a big man, I think.

At this point, seems like VC's got his mind set on leaving TO, so getting Maglore and Brown aren't bad moves to solidify your front line. And it's not like VC's stock is very high at this point.

It will be a miracle if VC plays an entire season

Junkster, who thinks VC won't be good anywhere
Old 07-29-2004, 11:09 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Junkster

At this point, seems like VC's got his mind set on leaving TO,

I disagree and here's why. VC was on a local sport radio station 2 nights ago and was asked specifically about the new GM and coach and stated that he's spoke to them and like what he heard. He wasn't promised anything, the new GM gave him a wait and see approach and Vince respected that. Our old GM promised the Sun and Moon and never delieverd. As soon as the questions involved Richard Peddie (Leafs/Raptors VP) Vince's tone completely changed. He had no comment and anyone could easily see where his beef lies. So the rumour that VC wants Peddie and a few other old timers in the organization gone because they lied and never consulted him about the new GM (Babcock) seem to be true. (VC wanted Dr.J as the new GM)

Now the thing is. Peddie is in charge of both the Maple Leafs and Raptors. So how can you get rid of the boss because of one player? You don't. But Peddie's contract is up and he may not be back afterall.

Oooo the drama, can't wait to see how it plays out.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Teh ?

VC isn't worth this much trouble. He doesn't produce, he doesn't set a good example for others, he cannot lead the team, and he doesn't help in any other way then to drive and dunk... I can name a dozen or so players that can do all that for less then what VC would make.

If TO were smart, they would trade him now before his stock falls further. There is no more upside to VC anymore. He's been in the league a while now, and he's reached his peak. His health isn't dependable at all and you know he's one serious injury away from being ditched by the league.

TO would be lucky in getting Maglore and Brown, cuz while Jalen can be a productive member of a team, VC is like a zit that won't go away.

Junkster, who thinks "drama" was TNT's promo for last year's NBA coverage
Old 07-29-2004, 11:22 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

VC isn't worth this much trouble. He doesn't produce, he doesn't set a good example for others, he cannot lead the team, and he doesn't help in any other way then to drive and dunk... I can name a dozen or so players that can do all that for less then what VC would make.

If TO were smart, they would trade him now before his stock falls further. There is no more upside to VC anymore. He's been in the league a while now, and he's reached his peak. His health isn't dependable at all and you know he's one serious injury away from being ditched by the league.

TO would be lucky in getting Maglore and Brown, cuz while Jalen can be a productive member of a team, VC is like a zit that won't go away.

Junkster, who thinks "drama" was TNT's promo for last year's NBA coverage

I agree, only wish they could keep Jalen Rose in the fold, he's a great team player. There were a few times last season that Jalen had fouled out or was out because of injury and he's the ultimate cheerleader. VC has never done that.

domn, who still does'nt think the salariies match. JR is making some 12 mill this year (Chicago overpaid) and VC I think about the same. No way Magloire and Brown make that much combined. I guess they'll have to "throw in" Baron Davis
Old 07-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Keeping emos out of

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clippers trade for Kittles and fail to match on Q

Why did New Jersey get so little for him in return? Are they that serious about cutting salaries? How long before Jason Kidd asks for a trade?

From Associated Press
NEWARK, N.J. — The cost-cutting New Jersey Nets traded guard Kerry Kittles to the Clippers, who then announced they would not match the offer sheet guard Quentin Richardson signed with the Phoenix Suns.

The Clippers gave up a future second-round pick for Kittles, who will earn $10.3 million next season — the final year of his contract. The Clippers also declined to match Richardson's 6-year offer sheet with the Suns worth about $45 million. The Clippers had tried to sign Kobe Bryant, but Bryant decided to remain with the Lakers.

Richardson was one of four NBA guards to average at least 17 points and six rebounds last season. He also tied an NBA season-high with eight 3-pointers on Feb. 4.

Kittles has averaged 14.3 points, 2.6 assists and 3.9 rebounds a game during his career. Last season, he played in all 82 regular-season games and averaged 13.1 points and 4 rebounds.

The fact the Nets got only a draft pick for him may give Kittles added incentive.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:32 AM

It has begun

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1849872

ESPN.com news services

A furious Jason Kidd met with New Jersey Nets CEO Rod Thorn and owner Bruce Ratner at the team facility Friday afternoon, and although the All-Star point guard has not demanded a trade, he is looking toward the possibility of being dealt to a contender, two newspapers reported Saturday.

The New York Post reported Saturday that Kidd, still irate over the recent fire-sale trades of Kenyon Martin and Kerry Kittles, has decided to wait and see what moves the Nets make next before making a definitive move.

"He voiced his displeasure," one source told the Post, saying the meeting was drawn out and heated. "Jason's not happy with what has gone on. He didn't demand a trade, but it may only be a matter of time."

Two sources inside the Nets organization told the New York Daily News that while the team has discussed trading Kidd to the Dallas Mavericks, no deal is in the works at this time.

Neither Kidd nor his agent, Jeff Schwartz, returned phone calls Friday. Ratner and Thorn had no comment about the meeting.

Kidd returned early from a vacation in Mexico to express his anger and disappointment about the Nets' trades. One source told the Daily News that Kidd, who is still on crutches from July 1st surgery to repair a microfracture in his knee, wasn't interested in playing for the Nets if they entered a rebuilding phase.

Kidd would prefer to be dealt to a team like the Mavericks, who are playoff contenders and play the sort of fast-tempo game Kidd likes, the Daily News source said.

The same source said the Nets have discussed the possibility of dealing Kidd for Antoine Walker (who is entering the final year of his contract), Josh Howard and a No. 1 pick.

In return for Martin and Kittles, the Nets received three first-round draft picks and one second-rounder. The move was a cost-cutting measure that reduced the team's payroll from over $60 million to $49 million. The savings will help Ratner avoid paying the NBA luxury tax.

New Jersey has also slashed its budget by telling Alonzo Mourning he's not welcome back, though the All-Star center has expressed his desire to return. The Nets will also be free of Dikembe Mutombo's contract next summer, taking the team's payroll to under $30 million at that time.

Still, Richard Jefferson told ESPN.com's Marc Stein on Friday that he expects to re-sign with the Nets. The four-year veteran can begin negotiations with the team Sunday. But Jefferson points out that the Nets' financial wiggle room will put him in a difficult position: If he elects to complete his current contract in hopes of testing the free-agent market next summer, Jefferson will be a restricted free agent. At that time, the team would have the financial flexibility to match any offer Jefferson gets.

"I'm in a difficult position, also, because even if I try and play out the year to go someplace else, the Nets are going to have $30 million in cap room," Jefferson said. "So if the Nets want to keep me, I'd pretty much have to demand a trade or say something to get out. But what sense does that make? That doesn't make much sense."

The Nets could offer Jefferson a six-year extension worth between $70 million and $75 million, one source told the Daily News.

Keeping Jefferson is largely seen as a way to salve Kidd's rage, though the timing of the Nets' other deals -- which have taken place during Kidd's recovery from surgery -- may also put a damper on Kidd moving out of New Jersey. Given the long recovery time expected for the procedure, the market value for Kidd, who led the Nets to back-to-back NBA Finals in 2002 and '03, has taken a negative turn.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by dabuda2004
It has begun
Well, it was only a matter of time before it happened and it's to be expected that he will demand a trade. The bad part is that his trade value has never been lower, due to his off-season knee surgery and the Nets can't expect much in return if he is, in fact, traded to the contender of his choide.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:54 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Report: Carter seeking Knicks trade

TSN.ca Staff

8/5/2004

The agent for Toronto Raptors star Vince Carter says he met with team management two weeks ago and asked them to look into trade possibilities.

"We did meet and asked them to look into trades," Mark Steinberg tells the New York Daily News. "They know where we stand."

The newspaper quotes a source close to Carter who says the all-star would prefer a deal involving the New York Knicks, but Steinberg would not confirm nor deny that claim.

General manager Rob Babcock told the Toronto Sun last week that he was confident about Carter's intentions to remain in Toronto.

Click here to find out more!

"We're on the same page. As far as him playing on our basketball team, I feel very comfortable about that and I see him coming to camp."

Carter has three years plus an option for a fourth left on his contract, which will pay him approximately $12.6 million US this coming season and a potential deal with the Knicks would not be easy from a salary cap standpoint.

Carter's future with the Raptors has been the subject of intense speculation this summer following revelations that the all-star was not consulted about the hiring of a new GM and coach despite those promises made by team executives.

Looks official this time. Carter wants out of T.O. All the back and forth on this is making my head spin. I wish he'd just come out and say something.

domn, who thinks the Raptors won't get much.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:12 PM

i dont now how much Carter will improve NY since they already have houston, starbury, and hardaway. this guy on the other hand might make an impact...every team needs a player like this to do the dirty work.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/dampier_040804.html

Dampier Encouraged by Visit to Knicks
by Tom Kertes

GREENBURGH, NY, August 4, 2004 -- Unrestricted free agent center Erick Dampier was enormously impressed with all he saw and heard on his ninety-minute visit to the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh. “Plain and simple, New York is my first choice,” said Dampier, who has been with Golden State for the past seven seasons. “This is the only personal visit I’ve taken and this would be the team I’d prefer to play for.”

Even the money could be worked out. “I’d take the midlevel (exception) to play here. For one year,” he smiled. “Money is not everything,” added Dampier. “I’ve been in this league now, for what, seven or eight years, and the most games I’ve won was 35 or 36. I’m not going to be able to play forever. I don’t want to be with a team in the rebuilding stage. I want to be with a team that at least has a chance to make the playoffs. I want to have a shot at winning a championship before I retire.”

The way the seven-footer sees it, the Knicks are the team that could give him that shot. “They have great players at every position,” he said. “They’re young enough. They have the key pieces. They have a great two guard in Allan Houston. And Stephon (Marbury) is a tremendous creative point guard, the type of guy I always wanted to play with.”

According to the 265-pound Dampier, Shaquille O’Neal coming over to the Eastern Conference should make him extremely attractive to the Knicks. “At Golden State, I’ve had a couple of real good games against him. I don’t know many players who’ve played him better than I did. I know how to play Shaq: you meet him early, put as body on him, and don’t allow him to get the type of position he prefers.”

Dampier, averaging an impressive 12.3 ppg., and 12.0 rpg, had his best year ever in 2003-04. “In the past I only played 20-24 minutes a game,” he explained. “But after Adonal Foyle got hurt last year, I knew I’d be out there 30-35 minutes night after night. That allowed me to relax and just play my game.”

Dampier talked to Coach Lenny Wilkens, mostly on general terms. “It was a first meeting type of thing,” he smiled. “We were just laughing and joking around. He told me how good this team could be. Then he told me how much better it could be with me.” “I agree,” said Dampier. “I want to be in a winning atmosphere -- and I think I could be a real key piece to the puzzle here. The Knicks went to the first round (of the NBA playoffs) last year. With me, I think they could take the next step.”
Old 08-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Keeping emos out of

i dont now how much Carter will improve NY since they already have houston, starbury, and hardaway.
Did you mean Stephan Marbury? They are also pursuing a trade with the Bulls to get Jamal Crawford. It seems that Houston's knee is not sound quite yet and he may miss a significant portion of the season.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by goose25
Did you mean Stephan Marbury? They are also pursuing a trade with the Bulls to get Jamal Crawford. It seems that Houston's knee is not sound quite yet and he may miss a significant portion of the season.
yup, stephan (aka starbury). didn't know houston's knee was still injured..then they did need a SG after all. hmm, a starbury, carter, crawford, dampier lineup sounds interesting. not in terms of playoffs material but highlight reel
Old 08-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Keeping emos out of

yup, stephan (aka starbury). didn't know houston's knee was still injured..then they did need a SG after all. hmm, a starbury, carter, crawford, dampier lineup sounds interesting. not in terms of playoffs material but highlight reel
I think that llineup would make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference and get as far as the second round, but that's it.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:39 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Report: Crawford to NY in 6-player deal

Sports Ticker

8/5/2004

CHICAGO (Ticker) - It appears Jamal Crawford has paved the way for the Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks to complete a six-player trade.

The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that Crawford agreed to a seven-year contract worth $56 million with the Bulls, who plan to send the scoring guard to the Knicks in a sign-and-trade.

"Jamal has accepted the contract offer," Crawford's agent Aaron Goodwin told the newspaper. "All that we have to do now is sign documents, and I hope to have all that done no later than Friday."

After those documents are signed, Crawford is expected to be sent to the Knicks along with forward Jerome Williams for centers Dikembe Mutombo, former Illinois guard Frank Williams, forward Othella Harrington and center Cezary Trybanski.

Bulls general manager John Paxson insisted on getting a package of players whose contracts expire after the 2004-05 season. Crawford became expendable when the Bulls selected guard Ben Gordon with the third pick in the 2004 draft.

Knicks general manager wanted the 6-5 Crawford as insurance for shooting guard Allan Houston, who was hobbled through most of last season after undergoing knee surgery.

Crawford, 24, averaged 17.3 points and 3.8 assists last season.
That lineup is almost complete Goose.

T.O wants JYD back bad. This paves the way for the Carter for JYD staright up trade
Old 08-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by domn
That lineup is almost complete Goose.

T.O wants JYD back bad. This paves the way for the Carter for JYD staright up trade
If that happens, do you think there will be enough balls to go around in NY?
Old 08-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Teh ?

My head is thoroughly spinning this NBA offseason, compounded by the NFL preseason stuff...

Man, is Isaiah just ripping the Knicks to bits now? Not complaining, I think the Knicks can't do any worse then the team they fielded last year.

Crawford is an interesting prospect to NY, but will Starbury share the spotlight with a young guard. I'm sure Houston has no probs with it, he'd be lucky to play a full season anytime soon in his career.

Junkster, who also heard Skita might be on the move
Old 08-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Peja wants out

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1853033
Old 08-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Keeping emos out of

My head is thoroughly spinning this NBA offseason, compounded by the NFL preseason stuff...

Man, is Isaiah just ripping the Knicks to bits now? Not complaining, I think the Knicks can't do any worse then the team they fielded last year.

Crawford is an interesting prospect to NY, but will Starbury share the spotlight with a young guard. I'm sure Houston has no probs with it, he'd be lucky to play a full season anytime soon in his career.

Junkster, who also heard Skita might be on the move
I heard Marc Spears asking Kiki about trading Skita today on the radio and Kiki denied it. I think he was toeing the company line and wouldn't divulge any information anyway.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:25 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Stojakovic wants out of Sacramento

Stojakovic was the league's second highest scorer last season.

BELGRADE, Serbia-Montenegro (AP) -- Peja Stojakovic wants out of Sacramento.

Stojakovic said Thursday he told Kings president of basketball operations Geoff Petrie he wants to be traded from the only NBA team he has played for.

"I think the change would be good for the team and for myself," Stojakovic told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "That's the only explanation you're going to get from me."

Stojakovic, the NBA's second-leading scorer last season with 24.2 points per game, has been with the Kings since entering the league in 1998. But he was upset that the Kings lost countryman Vlade Divac to the Los Angeles Lakers as a free agent, and Stojakovic apparently was angered by Chris Webber's off-season comments criticizing unnamed teammates for their lack of toughness.

The Kings were eliminated in the second round of the playoffs last season, losing in seven games to the Minnesota Timberwolves.

"You could see this year, late in the year, we didn't have good chemistry and didn't play good basketball," Stojakovic said. "I just think that the team had their chances, and opportunities are closing, and the team needs new players.

"I'm probably one of the easiest players to trade, and I'm willing to go."

Though Stojakovic's stance is sure to shock the Kings' fans, it was no surprise to Petrie, who had lunch with the three-time all-star several weeks ago.

Petrie was noncommittal on the possibility of accommodating Stojakovic's request.

"It's something that's been building for a little while," Petrie said. "He's one of the last guys on our team that I would want to trade or would even want to think about trading.

"He has certainly flourished here, but he feels at this moment that he's concerned about his ability to succeed at the level he wants to be at."

Stojakovic, one of the game's best pure shooters, has two years remaining on his contract plus an option for a third year. He has been one of the most popular players in Kings history, with such a loyal following in his home country that the Kings are easily the most popular NBA team in Serbia-Montenegro.

Stojakovic was in Belgrade on Thursday for a promotional appearance ahead of his country's exhibition game Friday against the U.S. Olympic basketball team. He is not playing for his nation this summer to rest from six years of nearly year-round basketball.

"I just think it would be good for them and myself. Sacramento is great, but I think I need a change," Stojakovic said.

Losing Stojakovic could completely change the Kings, whose high-scoring offence is built around proficient outside shooting and sharp passing -- both Stojakovic's specialties.

Stojakovic doesn't have a preference about where he's dealt, adding that he had been thinking about asking for a trade all summer.

Stojakovic isn't sure what he would do if the Kings don't move him.

"You would rather have somebody (who is) happy. He (Petrie) can get something good in return for me," said Stojakovic, who averaged 24.2 points and 6.3 rebounds last season.

Sacramento went to the Western Conference final in 2002, but has been knocked out in the second round each of the past two years. The Kings floundered late last season following Webber's return from knee surgery, losing six of their final nine regular-season games.

In addition to his disappointment over the Kings' loss of Divac, Stojakovic apparently was angered by Webber's comments on Sacramento's character.

After losing Game 7 of the conference semifinals in Minnesota, Webber blasted unnamed teammates for a lack of resolve in difficult situations -- and most assumed Webber was referring to Stojakovic, who struggled in the playoffs.

Webber addressed much the same concerns in a recent interview with the Sacramento Bee, again without naming any Kings. Webber said Stojakovic was a hard worker and a dedicated teammate.

"I'm not trying to call out Peja," Webber told the Bee. "I was calling out a lot of people. I was calling out our team. I was calling out our mentality. It's time to stop playing soft and (like) suburban kids. That's what we play like. We play like we're from the suburbs, and the best basketball is played in the city."
Peja for VC straight up. If I'm Toronto I make that trade but if I'm Sacremento I don't.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:54 AM

Wow, Peja is the last person I would ever think would ask for a trade. they seem to have pretty good chemistry during the regular season.

i'm guessing it has something to do with divac going to the lakers
Old 08-06-2004, 11:53 AM
101 years of heartache...

bulls=stupid.

As always, no MJ, no good play. Here's to another season of s**t on the chicago front!

lemmie add that brian urlacher is a lifetime bear and no one else can put him to good use, haha!

AND the Cubs will make like the Yankees, only to choke 5 outs away from the W.S.

So heres to keeping the best LB in football (or soon to be) from a team that could use him, and to a team that SHOULD win the W.S., but just can't.

:flamer: GOAT
Old 08-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Burning Brakes

i think its a good trade for chicago. crawford is a bust. he has been in the league for awhile and has accomplished NOTHING! i dono what thomas is doing in nyc, but he has a collection of underachievers.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:28 PM
John Starks - The Dunk

Who knows what Isaiah is doing, but I don't really see an improvement for my knicks.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by yuhoo22
Who knows what Isaiah is doing, but I don't really see an improvement for my knicks.
well, it shouldnt be too hard to improve from last year. i think if they get dampier it will be a solid team. maybe even make the playoffs if they can learn to share the ball
Old 08-06-2004, 01:40 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

What exactly did Dampier do in GS

Exactly, so why is he all of the sudden a savior?
Old 08-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Burning Brakes

if they add dampier to the line up they could be a playoff team, but is that all the knicks want? basically they are a playoff team now, but if you want a championship contender then most of those moves dont make sense. having marbury, crawford, houston, kurt thomas, tim thomas, moochie norris, penny hardaway, and jerome william making quiet a bit of money means that they have NO financial flexibility in the future. now you tell me if you think that is a championship team or not =D

also, i think dampier is overracted. he has basically done nothing in the nba prior to last season, which was his contract year.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:45 PM

dampier had a breakout year last year. if he continues to play the same next year he will def help the knicks in the east conference. but if he plays like he did before last year then he'll be another overpaid player on the knick bench
Old 08-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Keeping emos out of

dampier had a breakout year last year. if he continues to play the same next year he will def help the knicks in the east conference. but if he plays like he did before last year then he'll be another overpaid player on the knick bench
Dampier had a great year because it was his contract year. Will he be able to produce after he has the stability of a long term contract?
Old 08-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Teh ?

bump...

Payton and Fox to Boston... Mihm and bunch of losers to LA. LA also gives away conditional first rounder.

Yea, LA's starting from scratch folks.

Anyone still think LA will make the playoffs?

Junkster, who stands by his first claim
Old 08-06-2004, 03:08 PM

nice update, its a whole new lakers team...only undecided so far is the mailman

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1853576

The Lakers, in need of a big man since trading Shaquille O'Neal to Miami, had to give up Gary Payton to get one.

An NBA source told ESPN.com's Bill Simmons that the Celtics have dealt Chris Mihm (in a sign-and-trade), guards Marcus Banks and Chucky Atkins and a future second-round pick to Los Angeles for Payton, Rick Fox and a lottery-protected first-round draft pick.

Boston also receives cash in the deal, ESPN.com has confirmed through a high-ranking Celtics source.

Payton, who in June exercised his $5.4 million option to return to the Lakers, struggled in his only season with the Lakers' triangle offense. He started all 104 games the team played -- 82 in the regular season and 22 in the playoffs -- but averaged 14.6 points, his lowest output since the 1992-93 season, and a career-low 4.2 assists in the regular season.

The 36-year-old point guard's departure is just the latest in a series of radical offseason changes in L.A. In the weeks following the Lakers' loss in the NBA Finals to the Detroit Pistons in five games:

# O'Neal accepted a trade in early July, with Los Angeles receiving guard Caron Butler, forwards Lamar Odom and Brian Grant and a future draft pick from the Heat.

# Rudy Tomjanovich succeeded Phil Jackson as coach, but only after Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski turned down the Lakers' multiyear offer. The Lakers announced three days after losing to the Pistons that Jackson would not be returning

# Kobe Bryant flirted with the Clippers as an unrestricted free agent before re-signing with the Lakers for more than $136.4 million over seven years.

# Derek Fisher, frustrated with losing playing time to Payton, opted out of the final two years of his deal and signed with the Warriors.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Keeping emos out of

An NBA source told ESPN.com's Bill Simmons that the Celtics have dealt Chris Mihm (in a sign-and-trade), guards Marcus Banks and Chucky Atkins and a future second-round pick to Los Angeles for Payton, Rick Fox and a lottery-protected first-round draft pick

Its a good thing that the pick is lottery protected because i forsee a trip to the lottery for the LA Fakers pretty soon.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

i wish TMAC didnt leave
Old 08-11-2004, 07:41 AM
Keeping emos out of

He had to go man. There's something about Orlando that just drives superstars away.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:43 AM

it's the heat...
Old 08-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dabuda
nice update, its a whole new lakers team...only undecided so far is the mailman

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1853576
I think there is still another deal out there for the Lakers. Too many players on the roster.

c - Mihm
c - Medvedenko
c - Divac
f - Walton
f - Cook
f - Grant
f - George
f - Butler
f - Odom
g - Bryant
g - Atkins
g - Banks
g - Rush
g - Vujacic

Thats 14 players under contract and they're still waiting on Malone (and possibly Horace Grant if Malone goes elsewhere). I wouldn't be surprised if there is a 3 for 1 trade for either a better point guard or a front line center.

The Knicks, for some reason, are thinking of bringing back Vin Baker which would take them out of the Dampier derby. That would leave Dampier to sign with who? Atlanta? The Lakers may be able to to do a package and a sign and trade for Dampier with either Golden State or Atlanta because I don't think Dampier would want to play there.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by jlukja
I think there is still another deal out there for the Lakers. Too many players on the roster.

c - Mihm
c - Medvedenko
c - Divac
f - Walton
f - Cook
f - Grant
f - George
f - Butler
f - Odom
g - Bryant
g - Atkins
g - Banks
g - Rush
g - Vujacic
That's a 1st round playoff exit team roster. I love watching Odom play and think that Butler will be good for them also but dont see the Lakers doing much in the Western Conference.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by dabuda
it's the heat...
I think a lot of it has to do with their front office and ownership. A good comparison for them would be the San Diego Chargers front office. For some reason, they just cant get it right and players get pissed and look for the nearest exit.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:50 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Trade me now, Vince demands
Frustrated Raptor star goes public

`It's just time for me to look after me'

SPORTS REPORTER

Vince Carter says it's time to go.

"It's time for the truth: I want to be traded, I'm ready to be traded," the 27-year-old Raptor all-star told the Star last night.

"First and foremost, this has nothing to do with the fans or the city, it's just time for me to look after me."

Carter, who has been the subject of intense trade rumours since the end of the season, said his decision to go public last night is because he's frustrated at the pace of trade talks the Raptors have been pursuing.

He said he's made it known to new general manager Rob Babcock and first-year head coach Sam Mitchell that he wants out of Toronto but he isn't sure they are investigating possible deals as strongly as they could be.

"I want a fair shot at being on the market and being traded and I feel I haven't had that fair shot," Carter said in a telephone interview. "This is about doing what's best for me."

Carter's desire to be dealt stems mainly from increasing frustration regarding the future of the team. If he's not dealt by the beginning of the regular season Nov. 3, he will enter his third straight season with a new head coach and second in a row with a new general manager, playing for a team that has missed the playoffs for two consecutive seasons.

"It's been since 2000 when we were on a certain level (the team advanced to the NBA Eastern Conference semifinals that season) and it's been going down since then," said Carter, who averaged more than 24 points a game for the Raptors last season when Toronto finished 33-49 and out of the playoffs.
He's an overated glass doll anyway.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Porn Connoisseur

Latest crappy moves by my now Brooklyn Nets they wanna trade Kidd for sharief adbudar raheim.
I hate living in NJ now. We got a gay governer, super high insurance and now this!
Fuck
AKay
Old 09-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Keeping emos out of

I can't believe that they are looking into this trade, but the salaries do match and it would fill needs on both teams. The Nets are definitely in cost cutting mode and they probably wont make the playoffs next year.

Quick Reply: More NBA Offseason News