Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

More NBA Offseason News

Old 07-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Keeping emos out of

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sipark
Wow... Now, Boozer doesn't even have to pay for the agent's commission. He so lucky!!!
It's getting ugly, ugly, ugly!!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Teh ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's why you don't screw over a team in da league... remember, reputation goes along way, although we just whore it in here. I don't blame Boozer for thinking 'big money', but in the long run, it doesn't help you whatsoever... can you say Ostertag, the most overpayed player in the league?

As for a shooting guard for the Nuggs, Crawford sounds okay, but I'm thinking more in the lines of a swing man-type... Q would fit pretty well, although he kinda reminds me of a young Sprewell, with attitude to spare. I wish we could get a vet like Brent Barry or Eddie Jones.

Junkster, whose thinks Eddie Jones is underrated
Old 07-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by Junkster
that's why you don't screw over a team in da league... remember, reputation goes along way, although we just whore it in here. I don't blame Boozer for thinking 'big money', but in the long run, it doesn't help you whatsoever... can you say Ostertag, the most overpayed player in the league?

As for a shooting guard for the Nuggs, Crawford sounds okay, but I'm thinking more in the lines of a swing man-type... Q would fit pretty well, although he kinda reminds me of a young Sprewell, with attitude to spare. I wish we could get a vet like Brent Barry or Eddie Jones.

Junkster, whose thinks Eddie Jones is underrated
Eddie Jones will be starting alongside Dwayne Wade for the Heat and i think that Barry has just signed on with the Spurs. The Nuggets do need another shooting guard and may be able to trade for one. I've heard that Ray Allen may soon be on the trading block, but then again, they are going after Kenyon Martin. I plan to attend a few games this year, especially if they are playing the LA Fakers.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Teh ?

I'll be at Kobe's game, which ever team he plays for (hopefully not us) and yell "hey, look!!! a bunch of 18 year old white girls!!"

Junkster, who thinks Kobe will get off
Old 07-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Keeping emos out of

I'll be at Kobe's game, which ever team he plays for (hopefully not us) and yell "hey, look!!! a bunch of 18 year old white girls!!"

Junkster, who thinks Kobe will get off
He'll probably get off because the chick that he did the wild thing with is a sleaze-bag and about as trustworthy as Carlos Boozer's word and agent. However, i think that he's pretty much ruined in the endorsement field for a long time.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Teh ?

yup, his big money days are through...

Junkster, who thinks that's what he gets for being a prick... literally
Old 07-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Pro

kobe thinks no means yes and yes means more
Old 07-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Keeping emos out of

yup, his big money days are through...

Junkster, who thinks that's what he gets for being a prick... literally
He really is a prick both off and on the court. The media seriously need to stop with the Jordan comparisons because Jordan was the unquestioned leader of the Bulls from the time that he first suited up. When Pippen, Grant, Cartwright and the rest of the gang came along, they followed Jordans lead and though they thought that he acted like a prick on the court, they still hung out with him off the court. The same thing happened when he came back the first time and played with Paxson, Rodman, Longley and Pippen. Can anyone honestly say that any of the Laker players look up to Bryant and want to hang out with him? If they were to speak honestly, they would say the same thing that a lot of us are saying, he's a talented basketball player but as a human being, he's a piece of shit.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Teh ?

Jordan trusted his teammates... I remember one game during the playoffs where he passed it off to Luc Longley (what a funny center, an Aussie at that) and he hits this 12 foot jumper. You see MJ backpeddling and giving a nod to Luc and giving him the fist... and look had double digit points that night in the teens... I remember thinking, "yea, that's leadership. knowing when you need to be compassionate and knowing when to yell and scream.

Junkster, who also remembers Mj punching Steve Kerr... poor stevie
Old 07-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Teh ?

BTW, did eveyone know that Steve Kerr is a part owner in the Sun?

Junkster, who just read about that yesterday
Old 07-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Keeping emos out of

Jordan trusted his teammates... I remember one game during the playoffs where he passed it off to Luc Longley (what a funny center, an Aussie at that) and he hits this 12 foot jumper. You see MJ backpeddling and giving a nod to Luc and giving him the fist... and look had double digit points that night in the teens... I remember thinking, "yea, that's leadership. knowing when you need to be compassionate and knowing when to yell and scream.

Junkster, who also remembers Mj punching Steve Kerr... poor stevie
That punch to Kerr's noggin had more to do with the labor dispute than any animosity between the two. Apparently Kerr did not cotton to Jordan's view and spoke out about it to some teammates and Jordan had to put him in his place. Oh man, i really miss watching up to 60 Bulls games per season on WGN when Mike was still playing. No matter what else was going on, all activities in my house stoppen when the Bulls were playing. I had the honor of watching him play once in Denver againt the Nuggets. Orlando Woolridge was playing for the Nuggets and went off in the first half for 20 and Jordan said enough of that shit and came back in the second half for 28 and ended with 49 points, including a nasty dunk on Woolridge.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Teh ?

WGN, thank god for that station during the 90's...

Junkster, who remembers making daily schedules by Bulls game schedules
Old 07-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Keeping emos out of

WGN, thank god for that station during the 90's...

Junkster, who remembers making daily schedules by Bulls game schedules
Oh hell yeah. They're the reason that I'm a Cubs fan and WTBS is the reason that i became a Braves fan. I also watched the Hawks on TBS but even that was not enough to convert me. Their teams were always decent but lacked that certain toughness to get them over the hump in the Eastern Conference. They always reminded me of the Don Nelson coached Milwaukee Bucks, a talented team that was just good enough to break your heart each year.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Teh ?

my fave player of all time was a Hawk... Nique!!!

Wilkins was the man!!! I remember I would make my brother riled up by saying that Nique was better then MJ... than my mom would slap us both upside the head and tell us to shut up.

Junkster, who felt sad about how Nique's career ended
Old 07-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Keeping emos out of

my fave player of all time was a Hawk... Nique!!!

Wilkins was the man!!! I remember I would make my brother riled up by saying that Nique was better then MJ... than my mom would slap us both upside the head and tell us to shut up.

Junkster, who felt sad about how Nique's career ended
Why feel bad? He finally won a championship with a Greek club, patched up his relationship with the Hawks and is now a vice-president with the club.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Teh ?

I remember watching him blow out his knee live... man, that just made me almost cry like a baby. At his age, you knew that was the end of it all. The only man to ever consistantly give MJ a run for his money at the scoring title.

Junkster, who hated when Nique played for Orlando
Old 07-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Drifting

BTW, did eveyone know that Steve Kerr is a part owner in the Sun?

Junkster, who just read about that yesterday
Yeah I knew that. Go Suns!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Teh ?

good for Stevie... it's nice to see a good long range shooter can be a part owner in a franchise...

Junkster, who also liked John Paxon and Rex Chapman
Old 07-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Drifting

Junkster, who also liked John Paxon and Rex Chapman
I hate Paxson and love Chapman. Fuckin paxson. RIH!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Teh ?

oops, I forgot about that dagger through the Sun's heart during the finals... ma bad.

People forget, but Rex was a bad ass scorer back in the day... a white boy at that.

Junkster, who remembers Rex playing for Kentucky
Old 07-13-2004, 07:04 AM
Keeping emos out of

oops, I forgot about that dagger through the Sun's heart during the finals... ma bad.

People forget, but Rex was a bad ass scorer back in the day... a white boy at that.

Junkster, who remembers Rex playing for Kentucky
Rex Chapman was a bad dude and even won a few Dunk Contests in his day.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Keeping emos out of

More on the NY Knicks:

Concerning the trade for Jamal Crawford from the Bulls.

For the Knicks, that trade is a little more perplexing. The team already has Stephon Marbury, Allan Houston and Penny Hardaway in the backcourt. Adding Crawford means the team's backcourt alone would be raking in more than $50 million next year. Overall, the four players would be due roughly a quarter of a billion dollars over the life of their contracts. The Knicks already own the highest payroll in the league, and by pulling the trigger on this trade their payroll would exceed $100 million. Williams (four years, $27.4 million) and Robinson (two years, $14 million) also are locked into bad contracts, giving the Knicks a roster full of such players signed to bad, long-term deals.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Teh ?

if it wasn't for union stance on breaking contracts, these players, if they have any consideration for what's good for everyone, would restructure their contracts to better the team...

Junkster, who figures the players would be all about the dollar signs though
Old 07-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Keeping emos out of

if it wasn't for union stance on breaking contracts, these players, if they have any consideration for what's good for everyone, would restructure their contracts to better the team...

Junkster, who figures the players would be all about the dollar signs though
An NBA player actually restructuring their salary for the good of the game or to help their team avoid salary cap hell???

The last selfless act i've heard of from a player regarding his salary was when Jordan donated an entire season's salary to the victims of the September 11, 2001 attacks. There are some players who are giving back to the community and society, but most of them are only concerned about their bling bling, extended posses and their honey-dips.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Teh ?

it's a sad, sad world when only money talks...

I really think younger players are getting better at being an all-around human being. Just look at the draft this year... sure, the talent pool isn't rich, but most of kids were very well-spoken, non-bling-bling, and not all hyped up on themselves. Vets and other stars better recognize that the public is sick of dumb antics by atheletes... Kobe, lookin yo way, son.

Junkster, who likes KG for that reason
Old 07-13-2004, 02:11 PM

kobe wants to stay in LA? be interesting if he played for the clippers

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsro...w11nixbox.html

Thomas was upbeat even though Kobe Bryant has indicated he will stay in Los Angeles, either re-signing with the Lakers or jumping to the Clippers.
dont know if this is old news
Old 07-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Keeping emos out of

Heat feeling the effects of Shaq's pull
DAN LE BATARD
dlebatard@herald.com

Youth or no youth, it is rather unfathomable that the Lakers chose Kobe Bryant over O'Neal. Hmmmmmm. Let's see. One of them is the most dominant big man in decades and has never had a whiff of off-court trouble. The other has been accused of rape, with a trial next month.

Bryant is only going to regret this decision for the rest of his career. Bryant is Tracy McGrady by another name, and you saw how things worked out for McGrady last season in Orlando with a historically awful team. Why? Because Andrew DeClercq was the starting center. Watch how much better McGrady is next season with Yao Ming.

Bryant is soiling his reputation with every detail that emerges. It isn't just that he wrecked a dynasty by running off a coach with nine titles and the best big man in the world. It's all the diva demands he is making, requesting the Clippers play some home games closer to his house (Is he f#$king crazy). He doesn't want to drive to the stadium. He wants it to come to him.

(Sure, Kobe. No problem. Anything else we can do for you? Maybe give our midlevel exception to a guy whose job it will be to feed you grapes and massage your feet?)
Old 07-13-2004, 03:22 PM

what a lazy mofo, getting millions of dollars and not wanting to drive to work
Old 07-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dabuda2004
what a lazy mofo, getting millions of dollars and not wanting to drive to work
Now, if he had a TSX he'd drive it and like it.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by jlukja
Now, if he had a TSX he'd drive it and like it.
I guess the high price of gasoline is affecting the millionaires also. Maybe we should take a collection for him and send it to the Lakers.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by goose25
I guess the high price of gasoline is affecting the millionaires also. Maybe we should take a collection for him and send it to the Lakers.
Nah, if Buss needed the dough he'd be camping at El Capitan and not living it up in Venice on vacation. You can send it to the Kobe Bryant legal defense fund. Or send it directly to Shaq, seems like a maxed 2 year extension offer by the Lakers wasn't enough for him to live on.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro

I hate shaq. He's soo arrogant and greedy, Seirously man your in the first year 100 million dollar contract and you already want another 2 year 60million extension on top of that. :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk:
Old 07-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by ks112
I hate shaq. He's soo arrogant and greedy, Seirously man your in the first year 100 million dollar contract and you already want another 2 year 60million extension on top of that. :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk:
I have to agree with you on that. Shaq has a sense of entitlement that is all too typical of today's NBA players but he's worth the salary for this and next year. As far as a contract extension is concerned, he should consider lowering his salary demands and agree to something close to $15 mil per year so as not to hamstring the team's salary cap. Do i honestly think that he'll do it? Not in a million years.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro

Oh well karma will catch up sooner or later. Have you seen his daughter?? haha lets just say she won't win any beauty pagents. Yes i know that was a mean thing to say, but someone has to pay for his flaws
Old 07-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Keeping emos out of

"For (the Cavaliers) taking shots at my character is incredibly wrong, and I don't understand that ," Boozer told The Plain Dealer for a story Tuesday. "I thought I had a great relationship with them. Maybe they're trying to save face or trying to make up stuff and kill my character . And if that's the road they want to take, that's OK."

Well gee, Carlos, why would the Cavs say bad things about your sterling character???
Old 07-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Teh ?

bump...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1838982

Well, I guess the Nuggs will have both K Mart and Nene... since the new NJ managment would never match such a signing bonus...

Junkster, who thinks that's way too much money for a K Mart
Old 07-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Keeping emos out of

bump...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1838982

Well, I guess the Nuggs will have both K Mart and Nene... since the new NJ managment would never match such a signing bonus...

Junkster, who thinks that's way too much money for a K Mart
It is too much money for him. He's a good player but not a max contract type player. I think that there is a chance that the Nets won't match because their new owner wants to cut salary. If they do match it, then look for Jason Kidd or Kerry Kittles to be traded. Remember that Richard Jefferson will be looking for a max contract next year also.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:12 AM

so begins the dismantling of the nets

dabuda, who thinks pistons, pacers, and heat will continue/begin their east conf dominance
Old 07-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by goose25
It is too much money for him. He's a good player but not a max contract type player. I think that there is a chance that the Nets won't match because their new owner wants to cut salary. If they do match it, then look for Jason Kidd or Kerry Kittles to be traded. Remember that Richard Jefferson will be looking for a max contract next year also.
They'd be smart to pay Jefferson the max, he might be the team's future...

Junkster, who thinks Jefferson will be better then VC
Old 07-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by dabuda2004
so begins the dismantling of the nets

dabuda, who thinks pistons, pacers, and heat will continue/begin their east conf dominance
It's really sad when management ruins a team... cough, 90's bulls... cough, Clipper franchise history, cough.

Well, the east looks like they will find a balance of evenly matched teams now... Shaq in Miami will equalize a lot of things over their.

Junkster, who thinks the west can now start ditching their big, bulky centers

Quick Reply: More NBA Offseason News