Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

More NBA Offseason News

Old 07-14-2004, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Junkster
Junkster, who thinks Jefferson will be better then VC
probably more healthy and consistent but VC is still the better badass dunker
Old 07-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dabuda2004
probably more healthy and consistent but VC is still the better badass dunker
Cause there is nothing that wins games better than a badass dunk.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by jlukja
Cause there is nothing that wins games better than a badass dunk.
thats why i watch games, dont care if they win or lose...unless its some team vs the lakers

dabuda, who likes the streetball games on ESPN
Old 07-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dabuda2004
thats why i watch games, dont care if they win or lose...unless its some team vs the lakers

dabuda, who likes the streetball games on ESPN
Ahh, I understand.

jlukja, who never played b-ball but would probably go ballistic if someone bounced a b-ball of his forehead like on streetball.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by jlukja
Ahh, I understand.

jlukja, who never played b-ball but would probably go ballistic if someone bounced a b-ball of his forehead like on streetball.
LOL, i would probably do the same thing if a ball was bounced off my head. I like streetball and the Rucker tournament but would not like it too much if some of their antics made it into the NCAA or NBA.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Team Owner

Just heard on the Jim Rome show that: a) Lamar Odom's contract has a 15% salary escalation if he gets traded, and (b) the Lakers are now asking for Wade instead of Butler in the Shaq trade. (not sure if a and b above are related or not).
Old 07-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Teh ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goose25
LOL, i would probably do the same thing if a ball was bounced off my head. I like streetball and the Rucker tournament but would not like it too much if some of their antics made it into the NCAA or NBA.
well, Rafer Auston (aka Skip to my Lou) made it from the Mix Tape tour to Da League, and he ditched almost all his antics... He's actually pretty raw still, but he does have the natural vision and skills.

Personally, I dont' like circus ball, it's too silly to watch.

Junkster, who prefers more structured ball
Old 07-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Keeping emos out of

well, Rafer Auston (aka Skip to my Lou) made it from the Mix Tape tour to Da League, and he ditched almost all his antics... He's actually pretty raw still, but he does have the natural vision and skills.

Personally, I dont' like circus ball, it's too silly to watch.

Junkster, who prefers more structured ball
Rafer signed a contract with the Raptors and will be dishing it out to Air Canada this season, unless Vince manages to get himself traded. Skip to my Lou has definitely cut down on his antics but i'd really like to see him go off one game against the Jazz just to see Jerry Sloans reaction, it would be worth a million bucks.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Teh ?

And it's official... Da Daddy to Miami. Congrats to Heat fans who now are automatically contenders for the title...

Junkster, who wants some Nuggie signings soon
Old 07-14-2004, 02:50 PM

nice, wonder how much heat tickets are now?

dabuda, who is thinking about a trip down to see shaq play

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/odom_...de_040714.html
Old 07-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Keeping emos out of

And it's official... Da Daddy to Miami. Congrats to Heat fans who now are automatically contenders for the title...

Shaq, we know that the Fakers choose Kobe over you :whocares: and the the organization is the real in this situation. Soon Lakers fans will be :crying: while Heat fans will be and the bubbly will pop while you take your new fans to heights never before achieved and earn at least one when you meet the Fakers on Christmas day and give Kobe a and the Fakers realize that they have been :ripped: Jeanne Buss will grab a and bust a cap in Lamar Odom's ass for :blaze: and the fat lady will start warming up to the sounds of a
Old 07-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Team Owner

Shaq, we know that the Fakers choose Kobe over you :whocares: and the the organization is the real in this situation. Soon Lakers fans will be :crying: while Heat fans will be and the bubbly will pop while you take your new fans to heights never before achieved and earn at least one when you meet the Fakers on Christmas day and give Kobe a and the Fakers realize that they have been :ripped: Jeanne Buss will grab a and bust a cap in Lamar Odom's ass for :blaze: and the fat lady will start warming up to the sounds of a
I'm a die hard Laker fan but this post is great. Rep points to goose
Old 07-14-2004, 10:22 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Vince Carter may be on the move
Raptors discuss three-way trade
Not clear yet who Toronto would get

DOUG SMITH
SPORTS REPORTER

Vince Carter may soon be on the move.

The Raptors, Dallas Mavericks and New York Knicks are involved in serious discussions on a three-way trade that would see Carter end up with the Mavericks, Antoine Walker move from Dallas to New York and at least two players go from the Knicks to the Raptors, according to a league source.

Unlike the four-team trade reported in New York yesterday, this deal cuts out the Golden State Warriors and involves fewer players.

There was no indication on which players the Raptors might receive for Carter, a 27-year-old four-time NBA all-star who has become the face of the Toronto franchise since arriving six years ago.

more here ... http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...l=968793972154
Old 07-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by fdl

The Raptors, Dallas Mavericks and New York Knicks are involved in serious discussions on a three-way trade that would see Carter end up with the Mavericks, Antoine Walker move from Dallas to New York and at least two players go from the Knicks to the Raptors, according to a league source.

Unlike the four-team trade reported in New York yesterday, this deal cuts out the Golden State Warriors and involves fewer players.

There was no indication on which players the Raptors might receive for Carter, a 27-year-old four-time NBA all-star who has become the face of the Toronto franchise since arriving six years ago.

more here ... http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...l=968793972154

So, Dallas wants to weaken it's defense even more... interesting.
I've heard on ESPN, that some of the names that might go to TO is Mutombo (man, I want him back in Denver), Kurt Thomas and Shandon Anderson...

Junkster, who guarantees that VC will NOT play all the games next season
Old 07-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Teh ?

some of the other moves that went down on Wed...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1839826

Junkster, who thinks the Warriors should have signed Cardinal
Old 07-15-2004, 06:43 AM
Keeping emos out of

So, Dallas wants to weaken it's defense even more... interesting.
I've heard on ESPN, that some of the names that might go to TO is Mutombo (man, I want him back in Denver), Kurt Thomas and Shandon Anderson...

Junkster, who guarantees that VC will NOT play all the games next season
Bid Deke Mutombo, man he brings back memories of the Nuggets upsetting the Seattle Sonics . The first time an 8 seed defeated a 1 seed in the NBA playoffs. Vince has been working on his defense and i've heard reports on Smack that he actually shut down an opposing 2 guard during his summercamp. The fact that the oppossing player was a 5th grader means little . Seriously, i see no way for the Mavs to win a championship without adding a big man. By adding Vince Carter, they're guaranteed to make the playoffs and then lose in the earlier rounds.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Keeping emos out of

The Nuggets, according to sources, have agreed to send at least three future first-round picks to the Nets, who would sign Martin to a seven-year deal worth just over $90 million and then ship him to Denver.

Whoa, first the max salary deal and now this. Is Kenyon Martin really worth this much???
Old 07-15-2004, 08:50 AM

Whoa, first the max salary deal and now this. Is Kenyon Martin really worth this much???
No... But who is for play a game?
Old 07-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Teh ?

The Nuggets, according to sources, have agreed to send at least three future first-round picks to the Nets, who would sign Martin to a seven-year deal worth just over $90 million and then ship him to Denver.

The worst part about this deal? We have to keep Skita!!!

90 mill is kinda much, but I swear, if he doesn't play up for it, I'll boo him until he leaves town. If he plays well, he'd be worth it.

Junkster, who wonders what years the Nets get the picks
Old 07-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Teh ?

BTW, did anyone else catch that Shaq interview on ESPN last night?

Shaq, not directly quoted...

"I'm the Big Benz... the S 55, faster then the V12, on 24's, spinning... I'm not a BMW, Volkswagon or a truck... We all know I'm a Benz, not a BMW..."

Shaq likes his cars, that's fo damn sho...

Junkster, whose only seen the S55 once
Old 07-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Teh ?

Dang it, Kobe said 3 pm eastern... can't wait. Hope Jim Gray breaks the story a few hours early...

Junkster, who thinks Kobe will play for cell block 7 next year
Old 07-15-2004, 12:20 PM

..."I'm the Big Benz... the S 55, faster then the V12, on 24's, spinning... I'm not a BMW, Volkswagon or a truck... We all know I'm a Benz, not a BMW..."

Shaq likes his cars, that's fo damn sho...
thats funny he brings that up since his dad owns a special edition benz S2000.

dabuda, who had his ride waxed at the same car wash shaq's daddy does. thanks eric!
Old 07-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro

"I am that big bodied benz, i ain't not bmw. I am the Benz on 24's chrom's spinning, not the BMW on 20's. I am the Benz s55 black on black goin down I95 straight to miami......"
greddy ass arrogant mofo thats what shaq is
Old 07-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by ks112
"I am that big bodied benz, i ain't not bmw. I am the Benz on 24's chrom's spinning, not the BMW on 20's. I am the Benz s55 black on black goin down I95 straight to miami......"
He's goofy as hell, that's how I see it. Plus, his contributions to charities are amazing.

Junkster, who can't hate Shaq like he hates Kobe
Old 07-15-2004, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by ks112
haha, he says those things because that's his sense of humour...kobe on the other hand...
Old 07-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Teh ?

Shaq, definitely one of the most quotable atheletes of our time.

Junkster, whose still waiting for the Kobe announcement
Old 07-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Teh ?

Just announced... Kobe stays with the Lake show...

Junkster, whose happy that he can stay a Laker Hater
Old 07-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Pro

i tried to find the s55 that shaq was refering himself to. I couldn't find it, however i found the SL65 does anyone know that if this is better then whatever shaq was refering to. here is the link. http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...=MODELSELECTOR
Old 07-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Teh ?

ummm... you couldn't find this?

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/S55.jsp

Junkster, who would love such a sedan
Old 07-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Pro

well i thought shaq was refering to a drop top. Why the hell would he compare himself to the s55 when he can compare himself to the sl65. Well if he's not gona compare himself to the sl65 i will.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Keeping emos out of

He's goofy as hell, that's how I see it. Plus, his contributions to charities are amazing.

Junkster, who can't hate Shaq like he hates Kobe
He's a big ass kid in a giant's body. It's very hard to hate him because deep down inside, you just know that Shaq's a good guy, unlike the Kobster. I mean, this is one cat who can't even get along with his family, much less his teammates.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:45 PM

ummm... you couldn't find this?

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/S55.jsp

Junkster, who would love such a sedan
me too, sure is sexy

Old 07-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Teh ?

Shaq's well loved, that's for sure... now, he's involved as one of the heads of the player's union. Most of the younger players complement Shaq on giving good advices. Ever see Shaq back in his Orlando days? He used to break dance during practice and did backflips into a pool... a 7 foot 1 or 2, 340+ guy spinning on the floor or flipping, that's some scary atheleticism from a guy that size.

Plus, every Christmas, he donates more money then any other athelete for charity work.

Personally, I think his 'tough guy' exterior is a great front he puts on to seem serious.
Oh, and remember his interview during the finals?

"Shaq, why didn't you get the more more often in the post?"
"Story of my life, buddy"

And a few weeks ago, at the player's union meeting, when the roll call asked for raise of hands for which teams each player represented, Shaq raised his hands for the Kings, Dallas, and LA... classic.

Junkster, who thinks Shaq would actually be fun to hang out with
Old 07-15-2004, 03:26 PM

wow, kobe is getting close to 20 million a year...

His contract will be worth more than $136.4 million over seven years.

Clips were only able to offer $100 million over seven years. how dare they!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1840336
Old 07-15-2004, 03:28 PM

Posted article here

LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant's journey through free agency ended Thursday where it began -- with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Bryant chose the Lakers over the Clippers, remaining with the team he joined in 1996 at age 18 and later helped win three NBA championships.

"Kobe has informed us he's going to stay with the Lakers and sign a new contract," Lakers spokesman John Black said Thursday afternoon. The team planned a news conference for 9 p.m. ET. Bryant will be present.

League sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that Bryant informed Clippers owner Donald Sterling and general manager Elgin Baylor of his decision in a phone call shortly after 2 p.m.

The decision came a day after the Lakers traded fellow superstar Shaquille O'Neal to the Miami Heat. Now, it will be Bryant -- along with incoming coach Rudy Tomjanovich and Heat imports Lamar Odom, caron Butler and Brian Grant -- who will be leading them into the future.

Bryant, who said repeatedly this past season he wanted to be a "Laker for life," is poised to fulfill that declaration. His contract will be worth more than $136.4 million over seven years.

One significant obstacle remains for Bryant before next season. He has pleaded not guilty to felony sexual assault and faces an Aug. 27 trial in Eagle, Colo. He claims he had consensual sex with an employee, now 20, at the Vail-area resort where she worked.

If convicted, Bryant faces four years to life in prison or 20 years to life on probation, and a fine of up to $750,000.

Bryant, who turns 26 next month, has averaged 21.8 points in 561 regular-season games over eight seasons. He averaged 24.0 points this past season despite his legal problems and a career-high 30.0 points in the 2002-2003 campaign.

The Lakers had an advantage over the Clippers financially, able to offer a seven-year contract worth $30 million than the Clippers could pay him.

Bryant became an unrestricted free agent when, as expected, he opted out of his contract June 17 -- the same day O'Neal demanded a trade and Phil Jackson was informed he wouldn't return as coach next season.

Bryant also spoke with representatives of the Chicago Bulls, Denver Nuggets and New York Knicks before narrowing the field to the two Los Angeles teams.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Teh ?

dang it, we need to combine the two NBA threads that we have going.

Junkster, who also posted the same thing on the other thread
Old 07-15-2004, 03:31 PM

funny how their tallest player is now a unsigned draft pick at 6' 11 and biggest guy is b.grant at 254lbs

interesting to see how they do this year
Old 07-15-2004, 03:32 PM

dang it, we need to combine the two NBA threads that we have going.

Junkster, who also posted the same thing on the other thread
ooops
Old 07-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Teh ?

I really feel sorry for Rudy T, he's gonna have a hella time dealing with the Kobe ego, new players to new team, and the LA crowd that's gonna expect miracles...

Junkster, who wouldn't take a job like that
Old 07-15-2004, 03:40 PM

yeah, esp since they're a "small" team now...the bulls were small but they had jordan

and kobe is def no jordan

Quick Reply: More NBA Offseason News