Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

2004/05 NFL Season

Old 09-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol, I was thinking that last night too. Going nuts trying to remember what the guy's name was.

I like Summerall. I think he's just a bit rusty, lots of interuptions from him over the other guys. Back in the day, I dont think there was a better combo then Summerall and Madden. They were the best...

But ya, the age might have something to do with it as well.

Edit: It was Mike Patrick
Old 09-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by domn
What happened to the guy who used to call ESPN Sunday night Football? Has he been permanantly replaced by Pat Summerall? If so what the hell was ESPN thinking? Summerall is a joke in his old age. It was sad to listen too.
haha...I think ESPN Sunday night football announcers are the worst... They'll dispute a call...then agree with the ref in a heartbeat... Why can't they just shut up so I can enjoy the game??
Old 09-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Niner Faithful

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Summerall is filling in for Mike Patrick
Old 09-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US
haha...I think ESPN Sunday night football announcers are the worst... They'll dispute a call...then agree with the ref in a heartbeat... Why can't they just shut up so I can enjoy the game??
Thats Paul McGuire...I cant stant him. Rates right up there with how Dan Diedorf was on MNF. Annoying as hell...
Old 09-13-2004, 04:38 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by Junkster
hehe... went to the Broncos game... section 110, row 11, seat 8...

I had a few fantasy players from KC, but it's always good to see KC go home cryin...

Junkster, who wonders where KC is
Oh yeah, Junkster, i was supposed to work the concession stands at Mile High last night for my company but fell ill from eating too many shrimps at the Aisan buffet. I did get to see the game at home and liked the Broncos efforts but don't think that Jake the Mistake is the QB to take us to the promised land.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Keeping emos out of

Jim Mora Jr in my view Sucked royally as a Defensive coordinator in San Fran but he somehow managed to get the head job in Atlanta So I'm not really surprised he has no idea how to use Vick. The fact that there was even talk Vick would be pulled if he struggled disturbed me.

BTW - His father couldn't coach either.
I must disagree with you on Jim Mora Sr., well at least in his first few seasons in New Orleans anyway. He was the right coach in the right situation for a few years, then things turned to shit, like they always do in the Big Easy. I'm not sure how Jr. got into the Atlanta job but feel that they are wasting Vick's talents in the West Coast offense.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by joerockt
Is Quentin Griffin amazing or what?? Granted, the KC D still sucks, but he was making some serious moves out there. I'd really like to see how he does aganst a good D. Carolina on the 10th of Oct, that will be a good test...

LT still rulez though.
Please, lose the LT nickname for Tomlinson. There's already been a LT in football and he played for the Giants and brought something never before seen to the linebacker position.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by khannie112
Lion fans...Charles Rogers is out for the season...again. The good news? Detroit won its first away game in....I forgot it's been too long.
Ouch, second broken collarbone in as many season, that dude is seriously snake-bitten.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by goose25
Please, lose the LT nickname for Tomlinson. There's already been a LT in football and he played for the Giants and brought something never before seen to the linebacker position.
Um, no. Dont compare that coke snorter to the best running back in the game.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Keeping emos out of

Thats Paul McGuire...I cant stand him. Annoying as hell...

I always mute my tv when Paul McGuire is announcing, he's such a homer.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:49 PM
Keeping emos out of

Um, no. Dont compare that coke snorter to the best running back in the game.
You gotta admit, though, he's the original LT, no matter if he was coked up or not during the games. Isn't Tomlinson an ordained preacher or something, why not call him the Touchdown Jesus???
Old 09-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Just dial 1911

You gotta admit, though, he's the original LT, no matter if he was coked up or not during the games. Isn't Tomlinson an ordained preacher or something, why not call him the Touchdown Jesus???
LOL, im dying over here

Yea, well I have a deep hatred for the Giants. My dad is a HUGE fan, and when I lived on the east coast in my yonger years, I was a Redskins fan. So naturally we were sworn enemies. The "old" LT was my nemisis.

But it IS the guys initials....Though I'm liking "TJ" a lot now
Old 09-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Keeping emos out of

LOL, im dying over here

Yea, well I have a deep hatred for the Giants. My dad is a HUGE fan, and when I lived on the east coast in my yonger years, I was a Redskins fan. So naturally we were sworn enemies. The "old" LT was my nemisis.

But it IS the guys initials....Though I'm liking "TJ" a lot now
I think he's doomed to suffer the fate of Walter Payton, being a superb back on a crappy team for most of his career. Maybe the team will improve when they fire Schottenheimer and get some receivers.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Just dial 1911

Well, Sweetness did get one in '85, but yea it took a while to build up to that year.

I have never liked Marty, specially after how many players compained when he coached for the Skins. He was telling Darrel Green how to play! LOL...

Yea, its pretty sad when your top receivers are your RB and TE They just havent had good luck with receivers, young and old. And why they havent drafted any decent ones is beyond me. I was suprised that they didnt go after Tim Brown, he would have fit their MO. I wont be suprised to see Jerry Rice in a Charger uniform someday, when he's 51
Old 09-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Keeping emos out of

It could happen man. The San Diego front office and ownership are so out of touch with reality that it will take an entire overhaul just to get the team right again.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:30 AM
Niner Faithful

Oh those chargers...they thought they solved the WR problem with David Boston.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:45 AM
Keeping emos out of

Oh those chargers...they thought they solved the WR problem with David Boston.
Nope, there were red flags all over the place with Boston (the weight gain without loss of speed, refusal to integrate himself into the team in Arizona, only receiving one offer in free agency and it was from the Chargers, the special strength coach he worked with). It's just another example of the inept people who are running the Chargers now.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Niner Faithful

Nope, there were red flags all over the place with Boston (the weight gain without loss of speed, refusal to integrate himself into the team in Arizona, only receiving one offer in free agency and it was from the Chargers, the special strength coach he worked with). It's just another example of the inept people who are running the Chargers now.
hehe, the keyword up there was...they thought. I knew Boston was going to be garbage in San Diego.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Teh ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yeah, Junkster, i was supposed to work the concession stands at Mile High last night for my company but fell ill from eating too many shrimps at the Aisan buffet. I did get to see the game at home and liked the Broncos efforts but don't think that Jake the Mistake is the QB to take us to the promised land.
Teh sux... it was a fun game.

hehe... sea food at an Asian buffet in colorado is rolling the dice, IMO.
Yea, Jake never seems to be in sync with his offense in general. And he almost seems like a better passer when he's in a designed roll-out.

Long season is what I see... at least the defense looks better then they did in pre-season.

Junkster, who will attend a few more games.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by Junkster
Teh sux... it was a fun game.

hehe... sea food at an Asian buffet in colorado is rolling the dice, IMO.
Yea, Jake never seems to be in sync with his offense in general. And he almost seems like a better passer when he's in a designed roll-out.

Long season is what I see... at least the defense looks better then they did in pre-season.

Junkster, who will attend a few more games.
The defense did indeed seem impressive especially our new shutdown corner, Champ Bailey. It's still too early to judge the trade but it looks like a bit of a wash. Clinton Portis went off for the Washington Native Americans (that name is offensive as hell) and the Broncos.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:20 PM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
KC is in trouble.

J.E.T.S. JETS JETS JETS 2-0

:cheer: :cheer: :gheywave:
Old 09-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Teh ?

DAMN IT!!!

A last second fumble to lose the game. Ugh... we was robbed. We should have just kicked the field goal and waited out with the defense.

Notice how quickly Cinci learned the lesson for the night game. One more play? Hell no, let's get it done now.

Junkster, who saw the Chiefs get the smack down
Old 09-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Niner Faithful

Oh my 49ers....a fumble and an INT to end the game...why do they play with my emotions like that? and to top it off, to have a girlfriend who loves the Eagles sitting right next to me and pointing and laughing at me.... we'll see who is gonna be laughing when her birthday comes around!!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 12:51 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Oh my 49ers....a fumble and an INT to end the game...why do they play with my emotions like that? and to top it off, to have a girlfriend who loves the Eagles sitting right next to me and pointing and laughing at me.... we'll see who is gonna be laughing when her birthday comes around!!!!

Never mix FootBall with pleasure

I'm expecting nothing from the Niners this year. 3 and 12 at best I think. Seems like they still (after 10 or so years ) havn't figured out how to stop the pass.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

I love Philly fans
Old 09-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Old fart

DA BEARS handed the Packers their ASSes at Lambeau Field!!! That's all I gotta say
Old 09-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Niner Faithful

Originally Posted by jcg878

I love Philly fans
GrrrrR.....I hope Randy makes Lito and Sheldon look like high schoolers tonight!!!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Niner Faithful

Never mix FootBall with pleasure

I'm expecting nothing from the Niners this year. 3 and 12 at best I think. Seems like they still (after 10 or so years ) havn't figured out how to stop the pass.
Wells...they paid Ahmed Plummer HOW MUCH money this offseason...and WHO was covering the Saints' best receiver Joe Horn?? Not Ahmed, but Jimmy Williams who was making his first start EVER. So tell me, why did we pay Ahmed all that money to cover JEROME PATHON and not Joe Horn?????
Old 09-20-2004, 10:22 PM
101 years of heartache...

DA BEARS handed the Packers their ASSes at Lambeau Field!!! That's all I gotta say
. well that WAS the season goal of Lovie Smith. Right now though, the Bears and Arsenal are taking a temporary back seat (hopefully until late October) to the Cubbies. The schedule looks good, but that last part isn't too great, hopefully the Braves will give us some wins by putting away their best players. But that's in October, time to finish strong in September. HEY, I went off topic. Sorry about that.

So, yeah, go Bears.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:01 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Wells...they paid Ahmed Plummer HOW MUCH money this offseason...and WHO was covering the Saints' best receiver Joe Horn?? Not Ahmed, but Jimmy Williams who was making his first start EVER. So tell me, why did we pay Ahmed all that money to cover JEROME PATHON and not Joe Horn?????

Agreed, thats just moronic. But, your best pass defenders have always been defensive lineman who can get to the QB. The Niners havn't seemed to be able to get a steady pass rush OR a good secondary in years.

I thought Andre Carter was the man, but he's sporadic at best.

BTW - I really like the Eagles in the NFC this year.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:08 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

BTW - I really like the Eagles in the NFC this year.
I agree. You're a genius, domn

I thought the corners did really well last night, and Tice coached pretty poorly. Why didn't they try the long ball?? Oh wait, they didn't have time

Old 09-21-2004, 08:11 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Why didn't they try the long ball?? Oh wait, they didn't have time

Bingo, A pass rush is a beautiful thing. If the Eagles had faced a lesser QB last night the score wouldn't have been so close. Culpepper is a LB.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:23 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Bingo, A pass rush is a beautiful thing. If the Eagles had faced a lesser QB last night the score wouldn't have been so close. Culpepper is a LB.

I was really impressed with Culpepper's strength and ability to run. However, the Eagles forced him into running instead of throwing deep, which is a good thing.

My town is happy today Even Temple won this week
Old 09-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Niner Faithful

I agree. You're a genius, domn

I thought the corners did really well last night, and Tice coached pretty poorly. Why didn't they try the long ball?? Oh wait, they didn't have time

Eagles got so lucky last night. The refs easily took 10-14 points off the board for the Vikings with all the holding calls. And I've been saying this for 3 seasons, Daunte needs to have a RB mentality when running the ball, that means TWO hands on the football dude. And why didn't Tice challenge that Owens TD??? I hate the Eagles and to all you Eagle fans out there, you're just setting yourself up for another disappointment!!! We WILL revisit this statement in January!!!

On a brighter note, McNabb is fun to watch and I really enjoy his Michael Jackson end zone celebrations. Last year it was thriller, this year its the moonwalk...HEEE HEEE.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:29 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Eagles got so lucky last night. The refs easily took 10-14 points off the board for the Vikings with all the holding calls. And I've been saying this for 3 seasons, Daunte needs to have a RB mentality when running the ball, that means TWO hands on the football dude. And why didn't Tice challenge that Owens TD???
Tice was awful last night. He was a jerk all week, and an idiot at the game. He should have challenged that TO 'TD', but he didn't. Can't fault the Eagles for that.

The Eagles did get lucky, but they also played better

I hate the Eagles and to all you Eagle fans out there, you're just setting yourself up for another disappointment!!! We WILL revisit this statement in January!!!
People who live in glass houses...
Old 09-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Old fart

Looks like the NFC championship game was decided last night :P
Old 09-21-2004, 09:52 AM
Niner Faithful

People who live in glass houses...
yeah yeah.... must we remember the bulletin that came out in January of 2004

Old Symbol for Choking

New symbol for Choking

hehe, just google images for national choking symbol...hehe

Its all in good fun, at least you took the choking title away from the Buffalo Bills.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:57 AM

i agree the game wouldve been closer and more exciting if the vikings didnt keep holding...esp #72

who knows, maybe they'll fix it next time they meet
Old 09-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Just dial 1911

Ok, so imagine my suprise when I saw Urlacher in the highlights. Wasnt he suppost to be out for the season with a torn something??
Old 09-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Old fart

Originally Posted by dabuda
i agree the game wouldve been closer and more exciting if the vikings didnt keep holding...esp #72

who knows, maybe they'll fix it next time they meet
#72 was teh dumbass last night

Quick Reply: 2004/05 NFL Season