Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

**Official NFL Football Discussion Thread**

Old 12-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
Got tickets to the Skins/Eagles game
Say it with me.... LETS GO EAGLES!!!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
They have the easiest schedule in the NFL, they haven't had a single blowout victory, and have only scored more than 35 points once (and that was against a 2-13 team).
Old 12-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Say it with me.... LETS GO EAGLES!!!!!
You and I know that isn't gonna happen.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They have the easiest schedule in the NFL, they haven't had a single blowout victory, and have only scored more than 35 points once (and that was against a 2-13 team).
Hey I resent that.......we were a tough 2-13 team...
Old 12-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
You and I know that isn't gonna happen.
I just heard that McNabb is healthy and TO came crying back...

Who am I kidding
Old 12-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
are there no Seahawks fans outside of washington state?
Old 12-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Once more into the breach

Originally Posted by cmark
are there no Seahawks fans outside of washington state?

Its hard to get fired up about SEA., their division is just so bad. They do have some talent, they should beat the wild card winner.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
It is unfortunate how you all have nothing to say about your pass defense, because you know that it is a big weakness they have.

It is also unfortunate that you don't understand we beat seattle, pitt, and cincinatti.

You also need to get rid of that college mindset about blowouts, because blowouts dont matter in this league, a win is a win, and as long as they keep on winning it doesnt matter if the score was 2-0.

Don't you remember that defense wins Super Bowls, and offense isnt everything. The Jaguars will have no problem holding NE to under 21 points, and I'm pretty sure the Jaguars will win the game.

It's not the Jaguars fault that they have an easy schedule, but they have beat some impressive teams. And you have to consider with a starting RB out and QB out for a weeks, most teams wouldnt keep winning.

I'm not saying that New England has no chance, but I'll tell you if New England wins it won't be by more than 7. It'll be a good and close game, but for you New England fans to even think that this game is a joke, shows how you are all in your own little world about your "dynasty".

Even if the Jaguars don't win....Indy will torch your secondary all day, so you guys might as well just admit you won't be making it to the Super Bowl this year.

But I can't wait until the Jaguars give Brady his first playoff loss and show the country they are no joke.

Now on the otherhand the Patriots are extremely overhyped and are not as good as people think. Tampa Bay and the Jets are not good offensive teams, of course its great for your statistics to show how your defense has turned around, but really its pretty much the same. Just better run support and a little more pressure now, the secondary is still pathetic.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Renegade
It is unfortunate how you all have nothing to say about your pass defense, because you know that it is a big weakness they have.

It is also unfortunate that you don't understand we beat seattle, pitt, and cincinatti.

You also need to get rid of that college mindset about blowouts, because blowouts dont matter in this league, a win is a win, and as long as they keep on winning it doesnt matter if the score was 2-0.

Don't you remember that defense wins Super Bowls, and offense isnt everything. The Jaguars will have no problem holding NE to under 21 points, and I'm pretty sure the Jaguars will win the game.

It's not the Jaguars fault that they have an easy schedule, but they have beat some impressive teams. And you have to consider with a starting RB out and QB out for a weeks, most teams wouldnt keep winning.

I'm not saying that New England has no chance, but I'll tell you if New England wins it won't be by more than 7. It'll be a good and close game, but for you New England fans to even think that this game is a joke, shows how you are all in your own little world about your "dynasty".

Even if the Jaguars don't win....Indy will torch your secondary all day, so you guys might as well just admit you won't be making it to the Super Bowl this year.

But I can't wait until the Jaguars give Brady his first playoff loss and show the country they are no joke.

Now on the otherhand the Patriots are extremely overhyped and are not as good as people think. Tampa Bay and the Jets are not good offensive teams, of course its great for your statistics to show how your defense has turned around, but really its pretty much the same. Just better run support and a little more pressure now, the secondary is still pathetic.
Did your Byron Leftwich poster tell you to write all this unfounded gibberish? The Jaguars are a mediocre team at best. Take your hometown blinders off.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Team Owner

Why are you turning this on me? I never once claimed the Redskins were making it to the Super Bowl.

You are correct, it isn't the Jags fault they have an easy schedule. But given their margin of victory against some extremely poor teams they aren't all you make them out to be. Their defensive yards per game stats are based on playing some of the worst offenses in the league; of course they aren't going to allow many yards.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Originally Posted by Always Dirty
Did your Byron Leftwich poster tell you to write all this unfounded gibberish? The Jaguars are a mediocre team at best. Take your hometown blinders off.
Well I don't have any Jaguar posters, and I don't even like Leftwich that much, but I think he has strong leadership, good accuracy, good arm, and good vision, which Garrard is lacking. Mobility is an issue though.

It is funny how you don't want to dispute anything I say, and just pass it off as gibberish because you don't know anything except, oh my Patriots won 3 super bowls, they just gotta be unstoppable this year. I bet you haven't seen one Jaguar game this year either. Yea and I love how a 11-4 team is "mediocre at best", shows that you know nothing. We'll see after gameday, when the Jaguars prevail, and you won't be seen again in this thread.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,309 Likes on 962 Posts
Not that I'm siding with anyone but Defense is mentioned as winning championships. NE is 4th ranked in rushing D. But yeah the Pass D is bad. I guess if they shut down the run and get a lead, they'll tee off on Gerrard/Leftwich.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Why are you turning this on me? I never once claimed the Redskins were making it to the Super Bowl.

You are correct, it isn't the Jags fault they have an easy schedule. But given their margin of victory against some extremely poor teams they aren't all you make them out to be. Their defensive yards per game stats are based on playing some of the worst offenses in the league; of course they aren't going to allow many yards.
The redskins could beat the Patriots as well. The Jaguars have a solid defense, they held indy to 10 and 24 points, NE gave up 40 to them.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Team Owner

The redskins could beat the Patriots as well. The Jaguars have a solid defense, they held indy to 10 and 24 points, NE gave up 40 to them.
How old were you when the pats won their first superbowl 4 years ago? 15? Just sprouting pubes? Have faith in Brady and Belichick - they've always found a way to win when they needed to. The secondary is somewhat recovered from where it was 8 weeks ago. When you start talking this nonsense about the Redskins you sound like a fool. In the meantime, I'm going to be sitting here with my fingers crossed, hoping we'll be able to face the Jaguars (joke) instead of the Steelers (an actual team with potential).

<-- done arguing with teenagers online for the day.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Team Owner

You are basing your claims of a 'solid' defense on their less-than-solid schedule.

1) Seattle Seahawks W 26-14 (Win #1 Offense, but they struggled early in the Season, Hell even the 'Skins beat them)
2) at Indianapolis Colts L 3-10 (LOSS to #3 Offense)
3) at New York Jets W 26-20 (LOSS to #31 Offense)
4) vs. Denver Broncos L 7-20 (LOSS to #5 Offense)
5) vs. Cincinnati Bengals W 23-20 (Win (Just barely) #4 Offense)
6) at Pittsburgh Steelers W 23-17 (Win #16 Offense)
7) BYE
8) at St. Louis Rams L 21-24 (LOSS #9 Offense)
9) vs. Houston Texans W 21-14 (Win #30 Offense)
10) vs. Baltimore Ravens W 30-3 (Win #24 Offense)
11) at Tennessee Titans W 31-28(Win #14 Offense)
12) at Arizona Cardinals W 24-17(Win #10 Offense)
13) Cleveland Browns W 20-14 (Win #25 Offense)
14) vs. Indianapolis Colts L 18-26 (LOSS #3 Offense)
15) vs. San Francisco 49ers W 10-9 (Win (Just Barely)#32 Offense)
16) at Houston Texans W 38-20 (Win (Just Barely)#30 Offense)

So out of your entire schedule I see one impressive (defensive) win over the Bengals. That's it. The Seattle win is a fluke, they struggled in their first few games.

Plus Jacksonville is a warm weather team that will be playing against predominately cold weather teams.

Sorry, they just aren't that good. From what I can see you all can't beat a team that has a top 10 offense (don't give me Saint Louis, everyone knows they suck).
Old 12-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

You are basing your claims of a 'solid' defense on their less-than-solid schedule.

1) Seattle Seahawks W 26-14 (Win #1 Offense, but they struggled early in the Season, Hell even the 'Skins beat them)
2) at Indianapolis Colts L 3-10 (LOSS to #3 Offense)
3) at New York Jets W 26-20 (LOSS to #31 Offense)
4) vs. Denver Broncos L 7-20 (LOSS to #5 Offense)
5) vs. Cincinnati Bengals W 23-20 (Win (Just barely) #4 Offense)
6) at Pittsburgh Steelers W 23-17 (Win #16 Offense)
7) BYE
8) at St. Louis Rams L 21-24 (LOSS #9 Offense)
9) vs. Houston Texans W 21-14 (Win #30 Offense)
10) vs. Baltimore Ravens W 30-3 (Win #24 Offense)
11) at Tennessee Titans W 31-28(Win #14 Offense)
12) at Arizona Cardinals W 24-17(Win #10 Offense)
13) Cleveland Browns W 20-14 (Win #25 Offense)
14) vs. Indianapolis Colts L 18-26 (LOSS #3 Offense)
15) vs. San Francisco 49ers W 10-9 (Win (Just Barely)#32 Offense)
16) at Houston Texans W 38-20 (Win (Just Barely)#30 Offense)

So out of your entire schedule I see one impressive (defensive) win over the Bengals. That's it. The Seattle win is a fluke, they struggled in their first few games.

Plus Jacksonville is a warm weather team that will be playing against predominately cold weather teams.

Sorry, they just aren't that good. From what I can see you all can't beat a team that has a top 10 offense (don't give me Saint Louis, everyone knows they suck).
Are you so dumb, not to see we beat the Jets, not a loss. Look at what the #1 #3 #4 #5 #10 offense did to us, nothing over 26 points for those teams. Did you not see the Green Bay last year when we destroyed them in the snow. The Jags can play in the snow, have the experience, and can slow down top offenses. 21-17 Jaguars.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Oh and if you tihnk we just barely beat the texans, thats pretty stupid.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Team Owner

Are you so dumb, not to see we beat the Jets, not a loss. Look at what the #1 #3 #4 #5 #10 offense did to us, nothing over 26 points for those teams. Did you not see the Green Bay last year when we destroyed them in the snow. The Jags can play in the snow, have the experience, and can slow down top offenses. 21-17 Jaguars.
Are you really calling me dumb because of a typo? And you are correct you beat the jets. Are you really bragging about that? You let the Jets score 20 points on you.

And if it wasn't for the good 4th quarter performance last week that game would have been a lot closer.

You're blind. And you can't come up with anything substantial to support your point so you rely on childish insults like calling me 'stupid' and 'dumb.' What is this recess in 4th grade? :gheylaugh:
Old 12-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Are you really calling me dumb because of a typo? And you are correct you beat the jets. Are you really bragging about that? You let the Jets score 20 points on you.

And if it wasn't for the good 4th quarter performance last week that game would have been a lot closer.

You're blind. And you can't come up with anything substantial to support your point so you rely on childish insults like calling me 'stupid' and 'dumb.' What is this recess in 4th grade? :gheylaugh:
Why don't you go ahead and read again, if I recall all my posts up until have substantial points on why the Jaguars can and will beat New England. None of you Pat fans have said why the Jaguars arent good except their "strength of schedule" and their close game with San Fran.

And it wasnt really a typo, you read it as a loss and then wanted to show it was the #31 offense, when we won the game, so it looks like you did it on purpose to try and prove a point that isnt even a good one. We beat the #1, #4 offense, and should have beaten the colts the first game.

Are you are the blind one. I just spoke about your "facts" and how the Jaguars play in the snow from a game last year, but oh no thats nothing substantial.

Last edited by Renegade; 12-28-2005 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Team Owner

Why don't you go ahead and read again, if I recall all my posts up until have substantial points on why the Jaguars can and will beat New England. None of you Pat fans have said why the Jaguars arent good except their "strength of schedule" and their close game with San Fran.

A) I'm not a Pat's fan

B) Your defense has good stats and they have been consistent; consistently mediocre. Sure a 'W' is a 'W' but half of those 'W's could easily have been 'L's

And the teams they played and have beaten aren't up to the caliber of what they will face in the playoffs.

You are going so far as to guarantee a victory and in this league that is foolish, especially when you are talking about a team that is flawless in the playoffs under Brady and has 3 super bowls in 4 years.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

If New England wins its not a big deal to me, the problem is all these Pat fans came in here already talking about how they are cruising to the next round, like if they were playing preschoolers. The Jaguars should not be overlooked, especially since we match up with them pretty well. We have a lot of talent that could easily knock off the Pats.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Team Owner

Are you are the blind one. I just spoke about your "facts" and how the Jaguars play in the snow from a game last year, but oh no thats nothing substantial.
Are you really beating your drum about winning against Green Bay? You 'destroyed' them winning by 3 points

You 'destroyed' them? Look at the stats:

Total offense:

Jacksonville: 312
GB: 444

Third down efficiency:

Jacksonville: 27%
GB: 55%

Net yard rushing:

Jacksonville: 36/197
GB: 21/94

Net yards passing:

Jacksonville: 9/20/115
GB: 30/44/350

Given the stats how can you say you 'destroyed' them?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Are you really beating your drum about winning against Green Bay? You 'destroyed' them winning by 3 points

You 'destroyed' them? Look at the stats:

Total offense:

Jacksonville: 312
GB: 444

Third down efficiency:

Jacksonville: 27%
GB: 55%

Net yard rushing:

Jacksonville: 36/197
GB: 21/94

Net yards passing:

Jacksonville: 9/20/115
GB: 30/44/350

Given the stats how can you say you 'destroyed' them?

Sorry my memory was bad for that game, but my point is we can play in really cold snowy games, like that one was last year. yes its an advantage to NE since they have more experience in those games, but people need to start giving the Jags some respect, and they will after the NE game
Old 12-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Boom goes the Dynamite

Is anyone taking the Bucs to go to the Super Bowl?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Team Owner

Vegas has them anywhere from 20-39:1
Old 12-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by I'm Batman
Is anyone taking the Bucs to go to the Super Bowl?
They haven't clinched a playoff spot yet, and they got beat 28-0 by the Pats, so it may be too early to tell
Old 12-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Team Owner

Vegas has them anywhere from 20-39:1
Compared to the Jags, who have clinced a playoff spot. They are 33-66:1

Pats are around 7:1, 8:1, or 13/2

Redskins are at 28-45:1
Old 12-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Senior Moderator

You're solid wins were Seattle first game of the year.. Before they caught on fire and won a shitload of games.. They are a different team now..

And Pittsburgh you won against Tommy Maddox who won the game for you..

So I wouldn't call those anything special..

I'll give you the win against Cincy though by a field goal..
Old 12-28-2005, 10:32 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Originally Posted by Jonesi
You're solid wins were Seattle first game of the year.. Before they caught on fire and won a shitload of games.. They are a different team now..

And Pittsburgh you won against Tommy Maddox who won the game for you..

So I wouldn't call those anything special..

I'll give you the win against Cincy though by a field goal..
I don't care about past games really, you can say that the Jags had a weak schedule, blah blah blah, but you can't deny the talent they have on the team, and it'll be showcased in the NE game.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Team Owner

I don't care about past games really, you can say that the Jags had a weak schedule, blah blah blah, but you can't deny the talent they have on the team, and it'll be showcased in the NE game.
The thing is that you CAN question the talent of the team because a very strong argument can be made that the talent hasn't really been tested in the games they won and in the games they lost the 'talent' obviously wasn't enough to get the job done.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:38 PM
Senior Moderator

How else do you judge a team other then the teams they play and their schedule..

You can't just make assumptions like this one

I guess you missed the Texans game when he was hitting the whole hard, then using his cutback ability and then running over people. Greg Jones will carry the pile and wear down NE, he wont break anything, thats what Taylor is for.
and assume the Patriots are going to be like the Texans..
Old 12-28-2005, 10:38 PM
Senior Moderator

The thing is that you CAN question the talent of the team because a very strong argument can be made that the talent hasn't really been tested in the games they won and in the games they lost the 'talent' obviously wasn't enough to get the job done.

:IBTheyHaven'tGivenUp30PointsAllYear:
Old 12-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Team Owner

meh... it's very hard to score 30+ points in the NFL now

... but i'm expecting that response too
Old 12-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Well aren't you a comedian,

It's simple, everyone knows that Stroud, Henderson, Spicer, Hayward, Mathis, Deon Grant, Rashean Mathis, and Mike Peterson are excellent players. Stroud, Henderson, Grant, Hayward, and Peterson have been around long enough to prove they are the real deal.

Freddy is still a talent, he isnt what he used to be but he can still get it done and break it lose. Leftwich is getting better every game and Smith has lot some but will still reach 1,000 yards, and Wilford has really stepped it up. Add some production from Reggie Williams and Matt Jones who have played well.

Trust me there is a lot of talent on this team. The offensive coordinator needs to be a little less conservative and I think thats what has held the offense back a little bit. Too many runs on 1st down, very predictable.

I'm not very worried about the Patriots or Cincinatti. Our time of possession will slow their offenses down, and both secondaries are pretty weak.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

meh... it's very hard to score 30+ points in the NFL now

... but i'm expecting that response too
Interesting that you say that...when the Patriots gave up 41 to San Diego and 40 to indy, 28 to atlanta and denver (yea its not 30 but close)

and the Jags who have a subpar offense scored 30+ 3 times this season
Old 12-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Team Owner

I'm not very worried about the Patriots or Cincinatti. Our time of possession will slow their offenses down, and both secondaries are pretty weak.
The Jags are ranked 17th in T.O.P.

Cincinatti is 4th and New England is 7th.

So much for that theory.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Team Owner

and the Jags who have a subpar offense scored 30+ 3 times this season
Against the Titans, Ravens, and Texans!

Look I don't think anyone is saying Jacksonville sucks. They have 11 wins and if you can have 11 wins in this league you've accomplished something; even if you do have the easiest schedule in the NFL. I just don't think they are up to par with the teams they are potentially facing in the post-season.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Senior Moderator

You keep saying their (Patriots) secondary is weak.. People have been saying that the last 4 years..

And trust me I was one of them.. But they win.. Bottom line..

I feel you're excitement though. The Jags don't make it to the playoffs very often.

Just a question about the Jags not getting the press..

In order to make it on national and local tv don't you have to have sellouts? If the Jags are that good and exciting why can't you guys sellout at home?
Old 12-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

You keep saying their (Patriots) secondary is weak.. People have been saying that the last 4 years..

And trust me I was one of them.. But they win.. Bottom line..

I feel you're excitement though. The Jags don't make it to the playoffs very often.

Just a question about the Jags not getting the press..

In order to make it on national and local tv don't you have to have sellouts? If the Jags are that good and exciting why can't you guys sellout at home?
I'm not from that hick town of Jacksonville, so really I don't know why we can't sell out. I've been to the games though since i go to UF, and they really are a lot of fun. Its great to see the defense dancing and its a pretty good time. I guess the city just sucks.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Its great to see the defense dancing

Quick Reply: **Official NFL Football Discussion Thread**