Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina & Tennessee

** Official Charlotte Area Chat Thread **

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by NCTL05

I started on the suspension last night. PITA. The instructions were so vague it took me and another friend half an hour to figure out how to put the new shock together. On the second shock we put together the spring unseated itself from the top hat. So we had to redo that. So after 4 hrs all we got done is the front. Tonight I will tackle the rear. Ha ha. That sounds funny. lol
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-100/diy-lowering-dropping-your-tl-623631/

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-97/self-installed-spec-suspension-3g-garage-d-058-a-568429/

D-091: DIY:Front and read damper/shock spring replacement
https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/fm-modulators-group-purchase-173827/

3G TL and 2G TL are nearly identical.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Aired Out TLS

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat ? T-Shirts would be cool Lets have a summer meet then...lolz...
Old 07-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Middle Finger anyone?

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
^^^Thanks. I got that. I meant that the instructions that come with the new shocks are vague. Almost none of the stock stuff can be transferred to the new shocks. The diameter of the shaft is larger. So the dust boot needs to have a larger hole drilled into it. And the the new washers are different sizes and the instructions don't indicate which goes on the top and bottom of the boot. And the spring coils are so close together when compressed that it is hard to get the compressors out. Just alot of unexpected things.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:25 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Originally Posted by alexSU
Tyler, I'm FINALLY getting tires in 3 weeks lol yay!!! For sure, I promise.
About time you dumb Russian

Lance my suspension swap took 13 hours straight. I stripped a bolt on the front drivers side top-hat and I was trying to get it off for 3 or 4 hours. Pain in my ass. Hopefully you get the suspension on with ease now

And I'm down for a NC Acurazine shirt. I'm actually getting a VA Acurazine shirt for Mitzi and I this Sunday. We can wear those to the VA meets until we have NC ones made
Old 07-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
About time you dumb Russian

Lance my suspension swap took 13 hours straight. I stripped a bolt on the front drivers side top-hat and I was trying to get it off for 3 or 4 hours. Pain in my ass. Hopefully you get the suspension on with ease now

And I'm down for a NC Acurazine shirt. I'm actually getting a VA Acurazine shirt for Mitzi and I this Sunday. We can wear those to the VA meets until we have NC ones made
Shut up ass wipe lol yea I gotta get it done before going up to Syracuse in august. I'm doing valet on the side so it's gonna give me some extra cash on the side. A-spec kit is next then some damn coilovers!!

How's work going for you?
Old 07-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Shut up ass wipe lol yea I gotta get it done before going up to Syracuse in august. I'm doing valet on the side so it's gonna give me some extra cash on the side. A-spec kit is next then some damn coilovers!!

How's work going for you?
I'm looking forward to seeing everything come together on your car man

Work fucking sucks. I'm working 3 days a week (Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday afternoon) and I hate it. People don't tip for shit at the location that I'm at. It costs $4 to park valet and people give you a $5 bill and say "keep the change". Well gee thanks. After I split that very generous dollar with the guy I'm working with, I get 50 cents.

It's so funny how people with CLS63s and SL55s and such give you a dollar or two and families with Pilots and Kia Rios give you a $5 tip.

It's just frustrating that people think we get paid out of our ass and still expect tips when in reality we don't make shit and just like a waiter or waitress at a restaurant, we rely on tips. I don't expect $10 from each car but when I'm outside for 9 hours straight sweating my balls off and sprinting across a parking lot, I would like to know that my service is worth more than a dollar.

I've been thinking about quitting because it's not worth my time or energy, but I'm not sure. I'll wait until the local kids go back to college and then I'll try to find something that pays better. I really want to work at Leith Acura but they are all picks up there. I asked if they were hiring a while back and they just looked at me funny. Too bad they were all standing in the window looking at my car when I drove away. Fuckers.

/rant
Old 07-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
I have an AZ t-shirt . Got a coozie, too
Old 07-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Under construction

I'm looking forward to seeing everything come together on your car man

Work fucking sucks. I'm working 3 days a week (Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday afternoon) and I hate it. People don't tip for shit at the location that I'm at. It costs $4 to park valet and people give you a $5 bill and say "keep the change". Well gee thanks. After I split that very generous dollar with the guy I'm working with, I get 50 cents.

It's so funny how people with CLS63s and SL55s and such give you a dollar or two and families with Pilots and Kia Rios give you a $5 tip.

It's just frustrating that people think we get paid out of our ass and still expect tips when in reality we don't make shit and just like a waiter or waitress at a restaurant, we rely on tips. I don't expect $10 from each car but when I'm outside for 9 hours straight sweating my balls off and sprinting across a parking lot, I would like to know that my service is worth more than a dollar.

I've been thinking about quitting because it's not worth my time or energy, but I'm not sure. I'll wait until the local kids go back to college and then I'll try to find something that pays better. I really want to work at Leith Acura but they are all picks up there. I asked if they were hiring a while back and they just looked at me funny. Too bad they were all standing in the window looking at my car when I drove away. Fuckers.

/rant
Damn, I didn't know valet wasn't free at your place. That's kinda messed up dude, takes away all your tips!! Is there any other valet place around that you could work at? You've got the experience and maybe someone could hook you up

Haha I can't imagine they way those pricks looked at your TL I've never applied at a dealership but I heard it's a bitch to get in. Suprisingly the Acura dealer here is pretty chill, I'm sure you couldve got a job here. You know any of the service advisors or managers? Maybe they could help...

Good luck with the job Tyler! I hope you can find something different or at least another valet job. You'll have a much better chance once the college kids leave.

Originally Posted by chill_dog
I have an AZ t-shirt . Got a coozie, too
Where did you get the shirt Jack? Lucky sob
Old 07-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Well at certain locations, Ruth's Chris for example, valeting is complementary. I work at North Hills in Raleigh and it's $4 to park. The only time it doesn't cost $4 to park is when a Lexus pulls in. We are sponsored by Johnson Lexus so all Lexus vehicles, no matter how old, park for free.

I was supposed to be trained at The Umstead, the 5-star hotel on SAS campus, but that never happened. Hopefully a few guys go back to school and I can transfer over there. I would get $8 an hour plus tips there instead of $2.13 an hour plus tips anywhere else.

I would to love work at an Acura dealership. I think I know enough about the cars, primarily the TL of course, that I would know what I'm doing. Even if I was just a detailer I would enjoy it. Plus you can't beat those employee discounts

And wtf I want a shirt and a coozie
Old 07-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Where did you get the shirt Jack? Lucky sob
Got them at the AZ swag sale a while back. Soopa was cleaning out the closet. $25 for both, I think.

And wtf I want a shirt and a coozie
And I want the girl in Alex's avatar. I'd even watch soccer for that.

Oh, they charge for valet? Damn. I think almost everywhere here is free. Once one place started it, everyone else followed suit...you know how that goes. Some of them even explicitly say not to tip the valets, too, as they are "generously compensated". It sounds like you need to find another gig, or transfer to the other place once some folks go back to school.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Aired Out TLS

Oh no tip...? Oh by the way there's a long scratch mark all over the side of your car, looks like somebody keyed it, have a great day/evening...
Old 07-09-2010, 08:22 PM

I've thought that too many times. I got to work at 3:30 today and left at 8:30. I parked 7 cars and made $5. Fucking shit.

BUT I did see Acurazine member "Italiano" roll by my valet stand. His shit is sick.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:07 AM
Under construction

Last night I got in at 5:30 and left at 10:30pm. Parked 14 cars and walked away with $76

Parked a BMW X5M that thing was fucking sweet!!!

Tyler you gotta move to a different location dude, you should be killing it in tips
Old 07-10-2010, 07:22 AM

I remember those days of actually making money

I really do need to work somewhere else. The Ruth's Chris locations make bank.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Under construction

I remember those days of actually making money

I really do need to work somewhere else. The Ruth's Chris locations make bank.
Haha I worked at Ruth's Chris for about an hour last night lol it was for training only. Looked like a nice restaurant and the guy said he gets very good tips. I worked at Upstream, seafood place.

On top of making money I walked away with the hostesses phone number lol damn fine girl so I had to make a move right then and there
Old 07-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Aired Out TLS

@^ You got her number because u drive a Acura JK
Old 07-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Under construction

^haha hell yeah! lol jk

Nah she didn't even see my car, only time she seen me was
when I was pullin away in a customers X5 lol
Old 07-11-2010, 03:26 AM
Middle Finger anyone?

Suspension installed

Hey guys. Finally got the suspension done. I managed to wash the car too after 5 weeks. I put it on the 3rd/middle perch.

REAR CAMBER

Oh. And here are the rock chips in my front bumper that I was talking about awhile ago. I think I have more. The iphone didn't take a very sharp picture. There are more chips than what you can see in the pic.

And this is my headlight now with the type-s diffuser.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:12 AM

Looking great Lance! It's amazing what a drop can do for the whole presence of the car. The headlights look great as well.

Make sure you get an alignment soon. I already chewed up my rear tires
Old 07-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Soon I will have

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
what's up guys? Haven't been on this thread for a while and wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. Looks like it might need to be renamed the "CLtotheTL and AlexSU" thread

Tyler, your car is looking hot as hell man, I am loving all the mods you are doing. Were you ever able to sell those RJ's?

Alex, where are you valeting on the side?

Beat-Freak, welcome to the forum! Where in CLT are you located? I will have to keep an eye out for you on the streets.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Under construction

Originally Posted by golfjwr
what's up guys? Haven't been on this thread for a while and wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. Looks like it might need to be renamed the "CLtotheTL and AlexSU" thread

Tyler, your car is looking hot as hell man, I am loving all the mods you are doing. Were you ever able to sell those RJ's?

Beat-Freak, welcome to the forum! Where in CLT are you located? I will have to keep an eye out for you on the streets.
Hey Jessie! What's going on man, glad to see you checking in! Any new additions to the car?

Haha yea if me and Tyler got nothing to do we just shoot the shit on here lol too bad work is strict now so I can't be online too much :/ iphone FTW lol

Lance, looking really good!!! Love the new suspension dude, I'm gonna need to check it out in person soon.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Middle Finger anyone?

Thanks forthe comments guys. I already got am alignment. So I am just waiting to break the shocks in before I reinstall the strut bar and rear seats. Hopefully there is a meet coming up so ican show everyone the drop.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you made it over here sir!

I saw in your progress thread that somebody mentioned that you should get a set of gunmetal A-Specs. Since you have an 04 and the 18 x 8.5 Gunmetal A-Specs were only made in 04, they would be perfect. I was lucky enough to find my set on Craigslist for $500. Keep your eyes open, they will pop up for sale every once in a while. The paint on my wheels is flaking and peeling off though

Btw I ordered a set of black OEM All-Weather Mats and a pair of Kaixen 6000k bulbs last night
Hey sorry gentlemen, I've been in Michigan on "vacation" and haven't had internet

But yea I agree! I could probably sell my wheels and buy those for a profit haha

Beat freak, the TL is lookin real sexy!! Looks like they dd a real good job with the painting.

Tyler, don't bunch buying car stuff and clothes..that's 2 totally different things lol learn to justify your purchases and you'll feel better haha that's how I got $2.5K worth of performance goodies for my TL and never looked back lol

lance, I'm jealous of the suspension setup you just bought!! I need to see it when ur done dude lol where did u buy it ahenshen is the install date?

Mrtaylor, where u from in charlotte? U have the type-s wheels by any chance? I keep seeing a 04-06 NBP TL with type-s wheels around my area and it looks pretty sick!

Oh btw, I filled my my tank with 93 premium gasoline last night..that's the only mod i've done recently lol
Resolved in profile message
Old 07-12-2010, 02:00 PM

Alex and I do seem to hog this thread. My b

And yes I was able to sell those RJs. A guy in NY bought them and put them on his WDP RDX. They look great!

So fellas when is the next Charlotte meet? I want to come and hang out with you goons. What's good on some shirts too? I know Mitzi and I both want one.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:00 PM
get some AC-right

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea when is this next meet gone take place...hopefully b4 i go back to skool!!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:21 PM

Agreed. The Charlotte guys need to organize something
Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 PM
get some AC-right

mos def do....
Old 07-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Aired Out TLS

Im on Harris Blvd near North Lake Mall..

Yeah im always looking out for the Acuras too

Spotted a few around near me
3gen TL a-spec NBP with alloys lipped rims
2gen TL SSM Lip kit Chrome rims
1st gen CL greenish dropped with a loud fart can

Not sure if they are forum members, yeah it would be cool to meet some of you in person , and i dont think i would be good at organizing a car meet. But how about a suggestion...? Like a big ass caravan of Acuras showing up from all over N.C to Cars and Coffee in battle formation lols...
Old 07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by Beat-Freak...
1st gen CL greenish dropped with a loud fart can
There's a wicked 1G green CL in SW Charlotte (unless he moved)...got a turbo H22 in it. He doesn't come on here much, but he's a cool guy. As you would assume, his car is quite loud and quite fast.

https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/hey-cocoa-hows-607hp-sound-495516/
Old 07-14-2010, 08:40 PM
get some AC-right

tyler, when ur stock sub blew out did u replace it or did u jus go head and get the one u have in the trunk...mine blew and shit sounds terrible without any bass
Old 07-14-2010, 10:19 PM

I took the stock sub out. It sounded like shit so there was no point of it being in the car anymore. Daniel and I spliced into the wires for the stock sub and ran those wires to my sub so I can independently control my subwoofer.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:44 AM
get some AC-right

ok cool...who made the box for u
Old 07-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Under construction

Agreed. The Charlotte guys need to organize something
+1 lol
Old 07-15-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by jizzleman
ok cool...who made the box for u
The box was originally made by member Uncald4, but he has stopped making them. Daniel was the first owner of the box and I bought it from him.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Soon I will have

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The box was originally made by member Uncald4, but he has stopped making them. Daniel was the first owner of the box and I bought it from him.
why did unclad4 stop making those boxes?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Middle Finger anyone?

Tyler, I like your avatar now. Did you get a parabolic lens?

Also, when you spliced the wiring for your sub does that mean you are powering it with the stock amp? How does it sound compared to the stock one?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Middle Finger anyone?

I bet if you contacted him he would make you a box. Just be nice and don't complain about the price.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:10 PM

I honestly have no idea. I might be mistaken but I'm almost 100% certain that he stopped making the boxes.

Tyler, I like your avatar now. Did you get a parabolic lens?

Also, when you spliced the wiring for your sub does that mean you are powering it with the stock amp? How does it sound compared to the stock one?
I got this $7 attachment off of eBay that screws onto the front of my lens. I want a real wide-angle lens but they are $700+ and I'm not willing to spend that kind of money.

I'll have to talk to Daniel and see exactly what he did considering I'm not that great with wires, but I'm pretty sure he left the power cable alone. He's out getting married this weekend in Missouri so it will be a week or so until I can ask him.

I bet if you contacted him he would make you a box. Just be nice and don't complain about the price.
A PM wouldn't hurt

Any word on making some NC Acurazine shirts? I would be more than willing to help design some. Mitzi designed and sold shirts at her school this past year and hers turned out great. I'm more than willing to hear any suggestions or ideas. I would really like these done by the end of the year.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Aired Out TLS

Cool avatar Tyler dude... Okay all this talk about a meet. Dam I'm very tempted to take the roll of organizing a meet fuck the B.S...! Would u guys be down for lunch and maybe a cruise on the Highway ? I'm also gonna ask my friend who's in media production to video tape us professionally while we ride. Okay i might start a list...
Old 07-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Aired Out TLS

P.S Would a month notice be enough time for everybody???

Quick Reply: ** Official Charlotte Area Chat Thread **