Santa Barbara for Halloween?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 12:09 PM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Santa Barbara for Halloween?

Anyone going up to SB for Halloween? Parties are supposed to be sick...

I need recommendations on places to stay close to the UCSB campus. So post up!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
u wont be able to get into any parties if u don't know anyone.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Received 219 Likes on 118 Posts
I went to cinco de mayo 2 yrs ago over there and it was the shizz!! Block partys ftw hahaha
Old 10-06-2009, 07:52 PM
SlammedOnKonis

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
u wont be able to get into any parties if u don't know anyone.
Assuming something?

Plus the whole street is just one huge party or so I've heard.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Unregistered user

Originally Posted by ifirahse
Assuming something?

Plus the whole street is just one huge party or so I've heard.
i didn't assume, but if u want.. u're asking acurazine peeps where to stay. if u knew someone u would ask them and/or stay with them.

plus my gf lives in SB, i went there 2 years in a row. u won't be able to get into anything b/c it gets packed quick and everyone that knows the person who throws the party will invite their friends.. not random people just because they want them to drink their shizz.

the street itself isn't a "party" there are cops rolling around on horses ready to arrest anyone and everyone and i'm pretty sure you just graduated HS, so you're not 21 anyways. 90% of those people who go, roam the street hoping to get in, then drive back because they didn't get into shit. happens a lot.

and don't worry, im just looking out for u, u hear all these things, but it ain't true. but if u do go, eat at "free birds" order the nachos with at least the cheese, steak, rice then add whatever u like.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:41 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

last time my friend drove to the party for Halloween and when we were getting ready to leave, we noticed every car in front of us had the left side mirror ripped off................ then we got to my friends car and her mirror was ripped off too. Apparently a drunk white dood ripped them all off.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
lol.. wow..

I might be heading there this halloween, but not too sure tho
Old 10-06-2009, 10:53 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Don't drive Donald, LOL!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:48 PM
(ಠДಠ)

Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx
last time my friend drove to the party for Halloween and when we were getting ready to leave, we noticed every car in front of us had the left side mirror ripped off................ then we got to my friends car and her mirror was ripped off too. Apparently a drunk white dood ripped them all off.
Yeah the block where the students live at UCSB is notorious for having side mirrors kicked off. saw more than a few mirrors dangling by the wires when I went to my friends' party this spring.

Btw, there's a lot of assholes in SB drunk dudes cussing at random passerby's. If you don't know anyone, the host/friends of the host will be like "wtf?"

I took my gf to my friend's party there, and one of the housemates was basically interrogating my gf saying, "oh who are you with? and who's that person here with?" I wanted to bash her fucking face in.

overall, i'm not going to sb ever to party again. LA all the way.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:46 AM
SlammedOnKonis

i didn't assume, but if u want.. u're asking acurazine peeps where to stay. if u knew someone u would ask them and/or stay with them.

plus my gf lives in SB, i went there 2 years in a row. u won't be able to get into anything b/c it gets packed quick and everyone that knows the person who throws the party will invite their friends.. not random people just because they want them to drink their shizz.

the street itself isn't a "party" there are cops rolling around on horses ready to arrest anyone and everyone and i'm pretty sure you just graduated HS, so you're not 21 anyways. 90% of those people who go, roam the street hoping to get in, then drive back because they didn't get into shit. happens a lot.

and don't worry, im just looking out for u, u hear all these things, but it ain't true. but if u do go, eat at "free birds" order the nachos with at least the cheese, steak, rice then add whatever u like.
Not gonna lie, I don't know too many people there, but I'm going with my gf and her cousin (year older than us) is in a frat there. Plus about 15 people I know are going and they all know people, etc, etc, so I'm sure I'll get in to a few places.

It's funny, people have been telling me the streets are just one big party and that houses are open to everybody, but I guess not...I believe what you guys say over what others tell me.

And yeah I just graduated but come on who doesn't have a fake ID these days?

Maybe I'll just go to hard instead.

Thanks though.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:53 AM
(ಠДಠ)

^where'd you graduate from? you're under 21 still??

hard haunted? hahaha my friends are going, I was going to go, but my gf wants to go to universal studios' halloween thingy
Old 10-07-2009, 01:04 AM
SlammedOnKonis

Originally Posted by TequiLa
^where'd you graduate from? you're under 21 still??

hard haunted? hahaha my friends are going, I was going to go, but my gf wants to go to universal studios' halloween thingy
I went to beverly high...class of 09...turning 19 in december.

Hard sounds pretty sick and the lineup is really good, but my gf hates raves and god knows the trouble I'll get into if I go and she's not there.

Funny, she wants to go to universal too, it sounds pretty fun... SB is sounding less appealing the more I think about it.

Whatever you do DO NOT go to monster massive.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:09 AM
(ಠДಠ)

oh damn so you're like 10 minutes from ww huh? thought you graduated from college hahah, where you going to school now?

my gf used to pop, but since i started going out with her she hasn't really smoked or popped hahah yeah raves are just orgies LOL

hahaha my gf's from san jose so she hasn't really been to universal

I was really hyped to go to SB, then when I got there, it wasn't that great besides hanging out with friends. If you go, eat at the mexican place that's open all night, it's crowded, but when you're buzzed, the nachos taste tooooooooooooooo good hahah
Old 10-07-2009, 01:47 AM
SlammedOnKonis

oh damn so you're like 10 minutes from ww huh? thought you graduated from college hahah, where you going to school now?

my gf used to pop, but since i started going out with her she hasn't really smoked or popped hahah yeah raves are just orgies LOL

hahaha my gf's from san jose so she hasn't really been to universal

I was really hyped to go to SB, then when I got there, it wasn't that great besides hanging out with friends. If you go, eat at the mexican place that's open all night, it's crowded, but when you're buzzed, the nachos taste tooooooooooooooo good hahah
Ah man, rolling is the most amazing experience...I've done it 3 times and then I stopped...it's just so damn bad for you.

But yeah I go to SMC now, hope to transfer to UCLA in a year or so. I'm always down in westwood, either eating at in n out, felafel king, or ami sushi.

The more I think about it, the less I want to go to SB, and the more I wanna go to hardfest. Shit...now to convince my girlfriend.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:51 AM
(ಠДಠ)

for sure, you have enough AP credit's from high school to transfer to LA in a year? Just keep your grades up and get the IGETC, and you'll be set, there's soooo many SMC transfers here LOL

ahhah gl with the convincing, i'm on the same boat ...
Old 10-07-2009, 03:38 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
My friend got arrested for public intoxication a few halloween's back. Spent the night in jail.

The police there will be out in force and they won't take shit from anyone... so be careful if/when you go.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:27 PM
(ಠДಠ)

my friend tried to walk back to his place when we were in santa cruz and he was blacked out. Apparently he was trying to unlock a bike, which he thought was the one I let him borrow and the cops got to him. My friend kept repeating my bike combo to the cops but still booked him lol. He also had his fake ID with him, but when he was at the station, the cops were asking, "so you're 22?" and my friend was like, "What? No, I'm 18". And the cops were confuzzled

Yeah I think a night in the drunk tank with other drunkies and hobos would ruin your night, lol. As long as you and your gf are walking around without being obnoxious or without tripping over stuff, you should be fine.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 PM
TeZZeeY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sb = 3 mile walk to the beach then -> mob walking around in the streets (not a party in the street) with police waiting for you to mess up.. not going again unless me or my friends have a house... i heard hard is gonna be crazy all my friends are going
Old 10-07-2009, 12:48 PM
(ಠДಠ)

^it's not 3 miles... the houses end on the ocean. Are you talking about the city of SB? cuz I know UCSB is a more north than the actual downtown.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Unregistered user

its only fun if you can get into a party, even if u knew friends u won't have much luck (not saying u don't have good friends). that's just how packed it is; everyone wants to go and get in and everyone has friends. just saying

i wasted 2 halloweens there wandering around and i know my cousin and hs friends are in UCSB frats and i STILL couldn't get in.

i rather go to knotts which i might.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:15 PM
(ಠДಠ)

^you gotta be VIP you'll have a better chance if you know the host, or someone close to the host. Another thing, go early and mingle with the people living there, that way they're recognize you later in the night.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:28 PM
TeZZeeY

^it's not 3 miles... the houses end on the ocean. Are you talking about the city of SB? cuz I know UCSB is a more north than the actual downtown.
we went to the vine and the closest semi legal parking was 3 miles away
Old 10-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Unregistered user

^you gotta be VIP you'll have a better chance if you know the host, or someone close to the host. Another thing, go early and mingle with the people living there, that way they're recognize you later in the night.
meh, too much work to party lol. i'll party in socal instead.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:57 PM
RETIRED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its only fun if you can get into a party, even if u knew friends u won't have much luck (not saying u don't have good friends). that's just how packed it is; everyone wants to go and get in and everyone has friends. just saying

i wasted 2 halloweens there wandering around and i know my cousin and hs friends are in UCSB frats and i STILL couldn't get in.

i rather go to knotts which i might.
+1
Old 10-07-2009, 02:00 PM
static dumpage

Rollin at a rave is the shit but damn haven't been to monster massive or hard...is hard gon be that sick? I know monster mssive gets too crazzy
Old 10-07-2009, 02:38 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Monsters lineup sucks this yr compared to last year. Nocturnal this year was flipping awesome though according to my friends.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:46 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Knotts wasn't too fun. Someone broke into my bros car, smashed all 4 door windows, jacked his double din navi, and a subwoofer.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
(ಠДಠ)

^wow that's fucked...

yeah my friends were originally going to go to monster, but the lineup for hard is a lot better. http://www.hardfest.com/
Old 08-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Cruisin'

I had some good times in sb on Halloween. Beleave it or not one Halloween I decided to not drink and just taxi people. Cause everyone needs a taxi and all the taxis are booked. People will pay like 50 bucks a trip. I made 70 bucks for a trip when it started raining lol. Everyone's drunk and cant drive so yeah theyll pay what u offer. At some intersections people are running crazy at the limos there to grt in. So if someone brought there minivan u could make some good cash. I gotta say my best run was when 4 stunningly sexy chicks In lingerie hopped on my ride. Pretty much had naked luscio
us ass on my seats. Very nice

Last edited by serium1; 08-12-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:23 AM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

wtf is this? Holy thread revival LOL!!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts
Looks like we are jumpin' in the Hot Tub Time Machine...LOL.