Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So....I got a new project in the works...

My neighbor knows me and a buddy have been in the market for a VW Bug to turn into a baja bug.
Well he has given up on his 67 Bug because the floor pans are gone. (almost all bugs are, and are easy as shit to fix). So he asks if I want it, and of course I say yes but ask how much. He said he'd let it go for 0$ as long as I give him rides anytime we head out to the dunes.

Bye bye moneys. Ill get some pics once I go pick it up.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
i love the old bugs when its done right. plus free toy is always good. what a good neighbor!!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:51 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by sT04Louis
So....I got a new project in the works...

My neighbor knows me and a buddy have been in the market for a VW Bug to turn into a baja bug.
Well he has given up on his 67 Bug because the floor pans are gone. (almost all bugs are, and are easy as shit to fix). So he asks if I want it, and of course I say yes but ask how much. He said he'd let it go for 0$ as long as I give him rides anytime we head out to the dunes.

Bye bye moneys. Ill get some pics once I go pick it up.
i wanna see pics of the finished project too.. my step dad is a huge bug fan and made a couple baja bugs in the past that were fun to be in.. i think one of them he put a porche engine in it too..

side thought looked up your speaker specs. it says its a 2 ohm speaker =( i would be running it bridged on a 4ohm amp that isnt stable for 1 ohm so it wouldnt work =(

Originally Posted by minkl81
i love the old bugs when its done right. plus free toy is always good. what a good neighbor!!
Like a good neighbor.. bugs are there... err is it state farm?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
i wanna see pics of the finished project too.. my step dad is a huge bug fan and made a couple baja bugs in the past that were fun to be in.. i think one of them he put a porche engine in it too..

side thought looked up your speaker specs. it says its a 2 ohm speaker =( i would be running it bridged on a 4ohm amp that isnt stable for 1 ohm so it wouldnt work =(

Like a good neighbor.. bugs are there... err is it state farm?
Yea it was a killer deal. And for the price I dont mind cutting off the front of the tunnel and fabbing up a A-Arm suspension.

So unless I strike it rich here today this is going to be a long long project. In fact it may go straight from my nieghbors dads shop right out to my buddies place and sit there for a while, while we work on his Ranger and my Rail.
Once we both get that tackled we both have plans for the Baja, those plans being: AArm, TDI Motor, Sudo Class 7 Racer, lots of Gnar. Gonna turn it into a Trim Getter for downtown PDX.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:09 PM
WTF?

Seen this red tsx at my work since monday.. finally was able to take a pic of it..

Cali plates.. so looks like another Cali invasion =)

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-24-2010, 02:08 PM
WTF?

slow times,
Old 06-24-2010, 02:17 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
There's so many damn stop lights in Portland......

Takes me like 15 minutes to travel 4 miles
Old 06-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mdkxtreme

I concur. Its pretty bad.

Looks like the good weather has got everyone out and not on the boards lol.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:15 PM
WTF?

welcome to oregon... go to beaverton its just as bad specially in areas where its not needed.. you can thank all the whiney people that complain about safety too much for that.. (heres a road with a 55 mph speed limit.. lets put a light on it to stop the traffic for a minute cause i think it will be safer in the long run)

Originally Posted by ABP1TSX
I concur. Its pretty bad.

Looks like the good weather has got everyone out and not on the boards lol.

ya i think this weekend i will need to polish and wax the cars.. =) might take a pic of it if i do
Old 06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Advanced

I just polished/sealed/waxed mine about 2 weeks ago. I used the pc with optimum polish on orange pad and then sealed with blackfire wetdiamond. Waited till the next morning and put Detailers Pride max wax on. Made the blue looked super shimmery.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:46 PM

Hey guys I've been wondering. Since people cannot pump their own gas here, what if you grew up in Oregon and one day traveled out of state on your own. I know you can probably ask a clerk to help you out, but wouldn't it be weird to be 20 and not know how to pump gas?

Have this happen to anyone or anyone they know?

Also, why does this state do full service fill up and prohibits self serve?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Thread killer//

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was following/driving along a white 4th gen TL today on my way to work. I have to admit, its growing on me. I know a lot of people don't like them but like i said, it's growing on me. It looked pretty nice from behind but also in the rearview too. Still dont think i would ever get one because i just looked online and it doesn't look as good as i thought it did on the road.
been lookin around at the previous gen RLs. i wouldn't mind getting into one of those. throw on some nice wheels and tint and call it a day. tired of lookin at all this stuff i want to do to my car but can't.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Instructor

Hey guys I've been wondering. Since people cannot pump their own gas here, what if you grew up in Oregon and one day traveled out of state on your own. I know you can probably ask a clerk to help you out, but wouldn't it be weird to be 20 and not know how to pump gas?

I've been in Oregon my whole life and I'm embarrassed and sad to say that I don't know how to pump my own gas. I'm 26. I'm sure I could figure it out right? LOL I feel like a loser.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Safety Car

that, ask the oregon state governor. but one reason is to keep unemployment down .
also oregon = green = bicycle = protect the environment. so state wants only the "pros" to handle the gas pumps and minimize spilling gas on the ground.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Holy shit....just washed the truck for the first time in....month(s).
Old 06-25-2010, 09:35 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
If you want to learn just drive north over the boarder lol. When I was 17 I made my first solo trip into WA, had to ask for help, was laughed at, learned that day, can pump my own and would prefer too.

Sometimes here in OR if the station is REALLY busy I'll just do it myself cause I hate waiting.... 0 patience.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I have no problem with people having jobs by me payinig a couple more pennies per gallon, but I hate waiting.

Originally Posted by clee109
Sometimes here in OR if the station is REALLY busy I'll just do it myself cause I hate waiting.... 0 patience.
Did that a couple of weeks ago at a Shell mini-mart around 10pm. Pulled into the station and the two guys there were chatting with the delivery guy. I waited for 5 minutes and when no one came I got out, swiped my credit card and starting pumping my own gas. One of the guys comes running out and stares at me. I said, "I got tired of waiting" just as the pumped clicked.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:04 AM
WTF?

I just polished/sealed/waxed mine about 2 weeks ago. I used the pc with optimum polish on orange pad and then sealed with blackfire wetdiamond. Waited till the next morning and put Detailers Pride max wax on. Made the blue looked super shimmery.
is the blackfire pretty good? i stick with meguires products.. usually ill do a number 2 polish then follow it up with a wax/polish product they have and then an actual wax... i havent really looked into sealers cause im not sure they are that beneficial between polish and wax..

for the longest time i didnt know how to pump gas.. then when i was 18 i made a trip out to BFE eastern oregon, and the gas guy wanted me to pump my own after 5 minutes of fiddling around i figured it out but felt like an idiot the whole time.. now that i look back on it i thank the guy..

Originally Posted by saersxlr8
I was following/driving along a white 4th gen TL today on my way to work. I have to admit, its growing on me. I know a lot of people don't like them but like i said, it's growing on me. It looked pretty nice from behind but also in the rearview too. Still dont think i would ever get one because i just looked online and it doesn't look as good as i thought it did on the road.
been lookin around at the previous gen RLs. i wouldn't mind getting into one of those. throw on some nice wheels and tint and call it a day. tired of lookin at all this stuff i want to do to my car but can't.

ugh the new TLs.. i can never tell if they are coming or going with the back end on those cars.. the new TSXs i like.. but the TLs are just not calling to me.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Originally Posted by bonknhead
I have no problem with people having jobs by me payinig a couple more pennies per gallon, but I hate waiting.
Gas is cheaper here than it is in WA, CA, or any other state ive been to in the last 2 years.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Safety Car

anyone got iphone 4 yet?
Old 06-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Advanced

is the blackfire pretty good? i stick with meguires products.. usually ill do a number 2 polish then follow it up with a wax/polish product they have and then an actual wax... i havent really looked into sealers cause im not sure they are that beneficial between polish and wax..

Blackfire is a pretty good sealent i would say. Lasts a good 6 months or more depending on weather, garaged or not, and topping it. Sealents add another layer of protection underneath the wax and last longer. Its always good to have a sealer underneath just so when your carnuba wax wears off theres something there to protect the paint from bird poo and such.
Megs consumer products are good in the shine dept. but lacking for me in longevity. I always used the 26 tech wax as a good otc topper tho.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Pro

Gas is cheaper here than it is in WA, CA, or any other state ive been to in the last 2 years.
True, but that's mostly due to gas tax in OR (.25/gal) being lower than in WA (.38/gal) or in CA (.47/gal!).

http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/245.html
Old 06-25-2010, 03:00 PM
I Quit

they keep raising the tax here.... damn government....
Old 06-25-2010, 03:58 PM
WTF?

anyone got iphone 4 yet?
my bro was going to get one but they sold out... Driod is better IMO

Blackfire is a pretty good sealent i would say. Lasts a good 6 months or more depending on weather, garaged or not, and topping it. Sealents add another layer of protection underneath the wax and last longer. Its always good to have a sealer underneath just so when your carnuba wax wears off theres something there to protect the paint from bird poo and such.
Megs consumer products are good in the shine dept. but lacking for me in longevity. I always used the 26 tech wax as a good otc topper tho.
do they sell it at autozone? might have to try out the product

Originally Posted by bonknhead
True, but that's mostly due to gas tax in OR (.25/gal) being lower than in WA (.38/gal) or in CA (.47/gal!).

http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/245.html
Beaverton has cheaper gas then portland just cause of tax differences.. shit drive to corn-E-Lius and they have even cheaper prices not sure if its tax related there though
Old 06-25-2010, 04:02 PM
WTF?

Might dyno the acura on monday just to see where im currently at..

anyone wanna take a guess where i am at? if its forgotten.. i have reflash,dc header and exhaust, R/T cat, NST oem pulley with underdrive altenator pulley and ralco RZ power steering pulley, ingalls tq damper,T/B coolant bypass,hondata IM gasket,Injen CAI intake
Old 06-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Pro

anyone wanna take a guess where i am at? if its forgotten.. i have reflash,dc header and exhaust, R/T cat, NST oem pulley with underdrive altenator pulley and ralco RZ power steering pulley, ingalls tq damper,T/B coolant bypass,hondata IM gasket,Injen CAI intake
hmm - 200whp? I have no idea. That's quite a few mods. What do stock TSXs dyno at? Is yours a 6-speed? Where will you go to dyno?
Old 06-25-2010, 05:12 PM
WTF?

5 speed auto.. stock i think is 166 whp.. i dynoed it before with just the exhaust header and reflash and was at 179 at unnatural.. i might go back there or Forged Racing havent decided
Old 06-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Thread killer//

i'd also say somewhere around 200 or close to it. not sure how the dc header + r/t cat is compared to a full dc race header but i remember i had simular mods to my rsx and hit high 13s in the 1/4 mile and ppl that had 200 +/- whp were hitting 13s. rsx is lighter thoe, you ever drag it??

Last edited by saersxlr8; 06-25-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:27 PM

Has anyone had problems filling up gas by themselves when they couldn't wait any longer?

Today my brother in law couldn't wait any longer and he went and put the hose back on the pump after the car was filled. The clerk then went crazy saying, "YOU COULD HAVE SPILLED SOMETHING!!" I was like "you need to calm the fuck down" and he still went on about spilling something. I didn't want to pull the California self service card so I just walked away.

I know next time not to touch any parts of the pump.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Safety Car

my bro was going to get one but they sold out... Driod is better IMO

do they sell it at autozone? might have to try out the product

Beaverton has cheaper gas then portland just cause of tax differences.. shit drive to corn-E-Lius and they have even cheaper prices not sure if its tax related there though
gotta wait another month for second batch release or pay $800~1000 on craigslist

and for the gas pricing.. pricing is regional depending on the neighborhood. so if your in the higher income level neighbor, expect higher gas price. gas companies (bigger corps, not individual stations) tries to deny about regional pricing but that's total bullshit..
Old 06-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Safety Car

Has anyone had problems filling up gas by themselves when they couldn't wait any longer?

Today my brother in law couldn't wait any longer and he went and put the hose back on the pump after the car was filled. The clerk then went crazy saying, "YOU COULD HAVE SPILLED SOMETHING!!" I was like "you need to calm the fuck down" and he still went on about spilling something. I didn't want to pull the California self service card so I just walked away.

I know next time not to touch any parts of the pump.

consumers don't give a shit about state laws so they like to do whatever they want but stations get stinged by deq and if they are caught letting customers pump their own gas, huge fine will follow. and if the violation is repeated, store will be closed down by the state for certain days or weeks.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:28 AM
I Quit

they are strict about the gas law but you can get away with it if it's really busy. Like Min said the commies go out on patrols looking to crack down on gas stations so they are not fans of the DIY'ers.

Oregon has alot of stupid f*cking laws, taxes and government officials/politicians.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:22 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by saersxlr8
i'd also say somewhere around 200 or close to it. not sure how the dc header + r/t cat is compared to a full dc race header but i remember i had simular mods to my rsx and hit high 13s in the 1/4 mile and ppl that had 200 +/- whp were hitting 13s. rsx is lighter thoe, you ever drag it??
ive dragged it best time was a 15.1 im sure i could break the 15s if i practiced enough and had 17s instead of 19s

they are strict about the gas law but you can get away with it if it's really busy. Like Min said the commies go out on patrols looking to crack down on gas stations so they are not fans of the DIY'ers.

Oregon has alot of stupid f*cking laws, taxes and government officials/politicians.
dont forget crazy bikers too
Old 06-26-2010, 06:37 PM
WTF?

Saw this Tsx at walmart off 82nd today..

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-26-2010, 11:02 PM

consumers don't give a shit about state laws so they like to do whatever they want but stations get stinged by deq and if they are caught letting customers pump their own gas, huge fine will follow. and if the violation is repeated, store will be closed down by the state for certain days or weeks.
Oh. Well if that's the case then I have no problem letting them doing it even if it's real busy. I'll make sure my brother in law knows this too.

I just thought they were way too serious about their job.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Oh snap
Old 06-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Advanced

5 speed auto.. stock i think is 166 whp.. i dynoed it before with just the exhaust header and reflash and was at 179 at unnatural.. i might go back there or Forged Racing havent decided
Forged Performance is the best shop I've ever been to. I recently got a new tune from them and have been very happy with it. I haven't had anymore KPro stalling issues with this new tune. The guys at Forged Performance know what they are doing. My supercharger is suffering from a heat soak problem in this warmer weather. I may be getting a water methanol injection kit before I hit the track this summer.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:16 AM
I Quit

Whats your WHP with the SC set up right now?
Old 06-28-2010, 04:08 PM
WTF?

Oh snap
a work in progress!!!

Whats your WHP with the SC set up right now?

+1 on wanting to know as well..
Old 06-28-2010, 04:10 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by evenq
Forged Performance is the best shop I've ever been to. I recently got a new tune from them and have been very happy with it. I haven't had anymore KPro stalling issues with this new tune. The guys at Forged Performance know what they are doing. My supercharger is suffering from a heat soak problem in this warmer weather. I may be getting a water methanol injection kit before I hit the track this summer.
heat soak = no good.. i was going to go get my dyno done tomorrow but after i went to get my recall work done i went to the dentist to find out i have to have a root canal done tomorrow =( so look like my dyno will have to wait till another time =/

SIDE NOTE: i was able to get the RDX as a loaner from acura.. LOVE IT!!! specially the rear view camera options with the parking lines!! i think i may have to get it after the tsx is paid off

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!