Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,228 Likes on 4,856 Posts
Lol, the rain is horrible here. But what makes it worse are the horrible roads.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:29 PM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So a viper engine truck can take a TL...I bet it's a close race with the right driver in a type S with a couple mods...and we're getting triple the mileage and he'll have 3 tune-up's with a valve adjustment before the TL factory warranty is up. the dodge v-10 was cool about 15 years ago but it just didn't keep up with technology.

somewhat related, I nosed 1/2 a car length on a Type S from about 5 mph and he didn't gain it back. I might have caught him just a little off guard from the light but he was solo and I had my 220 lb dad in the pass seat. It was a WDP and the look on his face when another WDP TL edged in front of him was priceless (take it he was used to leading from lights). He passed with a smile...it was cool.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by NedShneebly
So a viper engine truck can take a TL...I bet it's a close race with the right driver in a type S with a couple mods...and we're getting triple the mileage and he'll have 3 tune-up's with a valve adjustment before the TL factory warranty is up. the dodge v-10 was cool about 15 years ago but it just didn't keep up with technology.

somewhat related, I nosed 1/2 a car length on a Type S from about 5 mph and he didn't gain it back. I might have caught him just a little off guard from the light but he was solo and I had my 220 lb dad in the pass seat. It was a WDP and the look on his face when another WDP TL edged in front of him was priceless (take it he was used to leading from lights). He passed with a smile...it was cool.
1/2 a car?! That's it? You must have been taking it easy. But I know what you mean by an extra passenger. It really does make a difference.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:22 AM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Since I have only had my truck alittle while and its QC you might get me, but off the line im sure the TL will have that advantage but after that I dunno these trucks are wickedly fast.
I totally agree about the Dodge not keeping up with technology with there engines. From my reading these trucks are temper mental with modding.
I really dont see were mileage comes into play, I can only speak for myself, but if I was worried about that, I would not have bought this truck. I drive the fastest brick on earth...LOL

Current MPG average 9.8...
Old 11-13-2009, 09:00 AM
practicing nihilist

yeah, mpg isn't really a valid arguing point when talking speed but, it's a nice by-product of polished japanese motors.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:25 AM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

yeah, mpg isn't really a valid arguing point when talking speed but, it's a nice by-product of polished japanese motors.
I agree, I can for see always owning an Acura. I am so impressed by the TL's I have owned. Then there service has been top notch, non of this stupid ass run around you would get at a GM dealer.
Were I work there is a HONDA training facility and they have had a WDP RL sitting out front all week. Damn thats a sexy car.

FYI. All 4 cats are being deleted as well as the resonater, 3 inch piping all the way into a Magnaflow Muffler.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice truck man...I haven't been around!
Yeah, those suckers are extremely fast for a truck. They can take most cars on the road and probably every truck other than a modded turbo diesel. I'm not a truck guy really, but that thing is nice.
Another testament to Acura motors though...in light of the recent weather, I have managed to, yet again, suck water into my engine (hence the name sippy cup). I was driving behind a pick and went to turn down my road...before I knew it, she stalled. This also happened about 5 yrs ago (although last time it was completely my fault...I thought I could make it). So anyway, I had a guy in the neighborhood pull me down the street with his big ass diesel Ford F-250. Got it in the driveway, pulled the plugs and cranked it till I got fuel. Put the plugs back in and cranked her over...stuttered a minute and then she was running. Very rough though. Let her run a little then drove around. Got a CEL...surprise, surprise. Changed the oil this morning and went over to Advanced Auto to pick up some Seafoam and more oil for another oil change tomorrow morning. Read the CEL codes... #2,3,4,6 cylinder misfire, cleared the CEL. Added some octane booster and some Seafoam to the gas and 1/2 can of Seafoam to the oil. So far, I've driven it about 50 miles since clearing the CEL and adding the Seafoam and she seems fine. A little hesitant on start up, but runs smooth after that. I'll run some Seafoam through the IM tomorrow and hopefully that'll clear it up a little too.
The moral is....Acura = bulletproof motor, only 7 more lives left though.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by snowman81
Yeah, those suckers are extremely fast for a truck. They can take most cars on the road and probably every truck other than a modded turbo diesel. I'm not a truck guy really, but that thing is nice.
Another testament to Acura motors though...in light of the recent weather, I have managed to, yet again, suck water into my engine (hence the name sippy cup). I was driving behind a pick and went to turn down my road...before I knew it, she stalled. This also happened about 5 yrs ago (although last time it was completely my fault...I thought I could make it). So anyway, I had a guy in the neighborhood pull me down the street with his big ass diesel Ford F-250. Got it in the driveway, pulled the plugs and cranked it till I got fuel. Put the plugs back in and cranked her over...stuttered a minute and then she was running. Very rough though. Let her run a little then drove around. Got a CEL...surprise, surprise. Changed the oil this morning and went over to Advanced Auto to pick up some Seafoam and more oil for another oil change tomorrow morning. Read the CEL codes... #2,3,4,6 cylinder misfire, cleared the CEL. Added some octane booster and some Seafoam to the gas and 1/2 can of Seafoam to the oil. So far, I've driven it about 50 miles since clearing the CEL and adding the Seafoam and she seems fine. A little hesitant on start up, but runs smooth after that. I'll run some Seafoam through the IM tomorrow and hopefully that'll clear it up a little too.
Damn Jeff! How the hell are ya! Have heard from you in a dog's age!

Sorry to hear about your car man. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery. Don't know if you heard about the trip to Charlotte, NC on Dec 5; hope you can make that.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:37 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Ya good to hear from you, Sorry to hear about the car.
All I can say is if you ever have an opportunity to own a yellow vehicle DON'T, What a pain in the ass to keep it clean.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:18 AM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Good luck on the swap today Adrian
Old 11-15-2009, 06:37 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
Good luck on the swap today Adrian
Thanks E; BTW getting some base 07-08 tails too!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
practicing nihilist

Originally Posted by snowman81
wow! I've never heard of someone surving possible hydro-lock twice. that's a very valuable skill you have. did you get the recovery procedures from all the hydro lock stories on this site?

wish I knew more about it when my wife turned her Jetta into a boat about 10 years ago. she cranked it and cranked it...new motor. my buddy deep sixed the motor in his civic same way but, the first was before I ever owned a cell phone and the second I wasn't around.

i know what to do now!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
Thanks E; BTW getting some base 07-08 tails too!
ok there is a douche bag tryin to sell some for 220 shipped.....but im sure after every1 telling him that they go for 50 bucks you could prob get them from him
Old 11-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
ok there is a douche bag tryin to sell some for 220 shipped.....but im sure after every1 telling him that they go for 50 bucks you could prob get them from him
What? Tails? Already got them. I'm looking for Type-S rear sides now!
Old 11-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn Jeff! How the hell are ya! Have heard from you in a dog's age!

Sorry to hear about your car man. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery. Don't know if you heard about the trip to Charlotte, NC on Dec 5; hope you can make that.
Yeah, car is good to go now. I won't be able to make the trip though...I'll be on det in Key West. Sorry.

Originally Posted by OneWickedTypeS
Ya good to hear from you, Sorry to hear about the car.
All I can say is if you ever have an opportunity to own a yellow vehicle DON'T, What a pain in the ass to keep it clean.
I'm not sure I could own a yellow car...I think they're nice and all but I don't know if I could ever bring myself to buy one. Thanks for the heads up though.

wow! I've never heard of someone surving possible hydro-lock twice. that's a very valuable skill you have. did you get the recovery procedures from all the hydro lock stories on this site?

wish I knew more about it when my wife turned her Jetta into a boat about 10 years ago. she cranked it and cranked it...new motor. my buddy deep sixed the motor in his civic same way but, the first was before I ever owned a cell phone and the second I wasn't around.

i know what to do now!
Actually a friend of mine helped me last time I did it so this time it was a no brainer.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:46 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Yep I never wanted to own a yellow car to. But when you see the interior thats what sold me, black leather and suede seats with yellow stiching.
Also the Yellow Fever SRT 10's there are only 500 of them there all numbered.
Funny thing is there are 3 of them in richmond all Quad Cabs.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finally gettin my tranny!!!!! just dropped it off at the shop today should be done by the end of the week and i got a lifetime warranty on the transmission for $3100 which is tranferable if i sell my car which i will probably never do now that i dont have to worry about my trans.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:32 PM
tl_badboy96

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
knock on wood

My second one went out. Car was running great. Take care of it.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by Bham03TLs
finally gettin my tranny!!!!! just dropped it off at the shop today should be done by the end of the week and i got a lifetime warranty on the transmission for $3100 which is tranferable if i sell my car which i will probably never do now that i dont have to worry about my trans.
Great! Maybe you can go with us to the Charlotte, NC meet!

Originally Posted by tl_badboy96
My second one went out. Car was running great. Take care of it.
Derrick, any luck with getting your car fixed?
Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Advanced

[quote=t0talacuratl;11498962]Great! Maybe you can go with us to the Charlotte, NC meet!

man i would definitely love to go, but its a bit far plus there's too many things goin against me right now... i just broke the bank with the new tranny and my car is nowhere near my standards for me to go to a car meet. i still need a new front bumper (got a little damage from a fender bender), left side skirt (got two holes), and i gotta clear-coat my hood.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by Bham03TLs
man i would definitely love to go, but its a bit far plus there's too many things goin against me right now... i just broke the bank with the new tranny and my car is nowhere near my standards for me to go to a car meet. i still need a new front bumper (got a little damage from a fender bender), left side skirt (got two holes), and i gotta clear-coat my hood.
Understandable.....hope you can get everything done soon.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok so here is a quick pic from my cell of my new rims courtesy of Pep boys. They are 20" Gianna blitz with white inserts (painted by me) and with a 4" lip.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Advanced

Understandable.....hope you can get everything done soon.
yeah me too, but with christmas coming around itll be a challenge..
Old 11-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by goldenchild626
Ok so here is a quick pic from my cell of my new rims courtesy of Pep boys. They are 20" Gianna blitz with white inserts (painted by me) and with a 4" lip.

Damn! Got to wait til I get home to see it! Congrats Shawn!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Green Machine

Damn Shawn! Those wheels are nicer than your last!

I know you're glad to get some nice wheels back on there. I've been driving on crappy stocks while my wheels are getting painted.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Green Machine

Anyone know who this is? The car is in Hampton.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1471067437.html
Old 11-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Haha mine just end up looking gunmetal from my ebc yellow brake pads lol
IMG_0030.JPG
Old 11-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Advanced

Damn Shawn! Those wheels are nicer than your last!

I know you're glad to get some nice wheels back on there. I've been driving on crappy stocks while my wheels are getting painted.
Thanks I am glad I got these wheels. I do like them better than my foose wheels. We all have to get up again and go to buffalo wild wings again and watch a football game.

Hey nothing wrong with stock. did you ever get your new j pipe installed? if so any difference with new one. I know you are glad to get your rims painted.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by goldenchild626
Thanks I am glad I got these wheels. I do like them better than my foose wheels. We all have to get up again and go to buffalo wild wings again and watch a football game.

Hey nothing wrong with stock. did you ever get your new j pipe installed? if so any difference with new one. I know you are glad to get your rims painted.
Hell yeah! We should have done something today. Thursday special!

The stock wheels are ok, but the tires are sucking right now.

Yeah, I got it. I made a thread about it. It is a power maker, but it made my exhaust louder along with the deletes. I thought I was going to keep the SRI on, but need to quiet down the intake side. If you still want it, let me know. I just need to find another stock or use CAI.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Advanced

anyone going to Sage auto meet? Does anyone attend vadriven events?
Old 11-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by a.patel
anyone going to Sage auto meet? Does anyone attend vadriven events?
When and where is that? I going on there once every blue moon. Seems like alot of big egos over there. lol!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Green Machine

There's something going on in Norfolk today.

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/showt...31173711/21/09

Sumospeed presents: Toys for Tots fundraiser @ SAGE

Date: Saturday, November 21st, 2009
Time: Noon - ??
850 W. 40th st.
Norfolk VA
What: Sumospeed in conjunction with Sage auto is holding it's first annual Toys for Tots fundraiser / toy drive. Come out and see some nice cars, a great shop, and awesome people. Dont forget to bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate! This is for a great cause so please come out and show your support and help some less fortunate children have better Christmases this year.

-Dale with Beach City Customs will be on hand cutting custom vinyl.

-Everyone that donates a toy will automatically be entered in a raffle that will be taking place throughout the day.

The prizes are listed below:
1 Fortune Auto Titanium Shift knob Courtesy of Terry at Fortune Auto
1 HID conversion kit courtesy of Ben at Direct Connection Tuning
Multiple Coupons For Sage Auto Courtesy of Gary and Joe at Sage Auto
Old 11-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Advanced

yeah thats where i went today.. i was just wondering if any of our acurazine members would like to come by. Ha and yeah i know what you mean about their ego. anyways i know im not suppose to be autocross with cars like ours but ill also be doing that tomo morning at one of the tscc events
Old 11-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Instructor

Anyone going to this next weekend?

Customs of Hampton Roads Car & Truck show Hampton Roads Convention Center (next to Hampton Coliseum) on Saturday, 11/28 from 10a-6p

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1035443/HamptonCarShow_1109.pdf

Last edited by Pearl TL-S; 11-22-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by a.patel
yeah thats where i went today.. i was just wondering if any of our acurazine members would like to come by. Ha and yeah i know what you mean about their ego. anyways i know im not suppose to be autocross with cars like ours but ill also be doing that tomo morning at one of the tscc events
I was going to roll by there, but my car was dirty. Plus I don't have my wheels on right now. Looking pretty shabby.

Originally Posted by Pearl TL-S
Anyone going to this next weekend?

Customs of Hampton Roads Car & Truck show Hampton Roads Convention Center (next to Hampton Coliseum) on Saturday, 11/28 from 10a-6p

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1035443/HamptonCarShow_1109.pdf
Unfortunately I will be out of town this coming weekend. Seems like it will be pretty nice though.

Eric, what's up with the accord? You got another ride?

Last edited by t0talacuratl; 11-22-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Instructor

Naw dude, that was my "mistress" from back in the day......
Old 11-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
So guess who just got rear ended??

ME! : (

I was furious, but glad I am alright, just the rear a-spec kit is damaged and not the rear bumper. Hopefully I can get a brand spakin' new rear a-spec kit body spoiler and have it ready for Charlotte, NC.

I was gettin' ready to punch the lady in the face, and she had the nerve to tell me "don't call the police." Ahhhhhhhhh I hate to see my car hurt. : (
Old 11-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by badazzTL-S
So guess who just got rear ended??

ME! : (

I was furious, but glad I am alright, just the rear a-spec kit is damaged and not the rear bumper. Hopefully I can get a brand spakin' new rear a-spec kit body spoiler and have it ready for Charlotte, NC.

I was gettin' ready to punch the lady in the face, and she had the nerve to tell me "don't call the police." Ahhhhhhhhh I hate to see my car hurt. : (
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 11-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Advanced

damn Aaron that sucks. well did you call the police?
Old 11-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
You best believe I called the cops!

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)