Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:09 AM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The DIY is good but, make sure you've read all the 'oh by the way's' from other DIYers. I have the thread printed out and I've used them 3 times. Threw it on my BB for back up.

Place cardboard between passenger radiator fan and radiator mesh!!! It is very easy to smack the radiator and you don't want a leak to ruin this job (happened to Stillhere once).

O2 Sensors, IMO, are the worst part. With the new L-bend defoulers, you'll have to remove the lower wire clip for the lower O2 lead. Getting the rear cat out sucks ass, too. Your pro-cat is probably slimmer than the stockers so should slide out easier.

Remove all the heat shields you come across, except the tranny well guard. After you've attached the deletes to the manifold and are ready to start linking the rest of the system back together, leave all exhaust bolts loose until they are all back in, then slowly tighten sequentially and line up the gaskets as best you can.

reset ECU.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by tl_badboy96
Calling all great mechanics. i wanna do the 6 speed swap to my my 99tl-p. i might need some help or what not. the project want start until the new year, but i will start the process as soon as i get paid. my tranny is going and im not gonna spend the money for another one. im gonna be rounding up all the tools and lil things now. i need to find a cl-s 6 motors asap.
Derrick, no experience with that, but I can be an extra hand. I don't think there is to many member here that have done it. Researching prior to is your friend.

Originally Posted by NedShneebly
The DIY is good but, make sure you've read all the 'oh by the way's' from other DIYers. I have the thread printed out and I've used them 3 times. Threw it on my BB for back up.

Place cardboard between passenger radiator fan and radiator mesh!!! It is very easy to smack the radiator and you don't want a leak to ruin this job (happened to Stillhere once).

O2 Sensors, IMO, are the worst part. With the new L-bend defoulers, you'll have to remove the lower wire clip for the lower O2 lead. Getting the rear cat out sucks ass, too. Your pro-cat is probably slimmer than the stockers so should slide out easier.

Remove all the heat shields you come across, except the tranny well guard. After you've attached the deletes to the manifold and are ready to start linking the rest of the system back together, leave all exhaust bolts loose until they are all back in, then slowly tighten sequentially and line up the gaskets as best you can.

reset ECU.
Jason, I've been reading every DIY about swapping the cats. I think the defoulers are the only thing I was not sure of, but got it now.

I did the j-pipe swap in my dad's garage and that was not fun. I had the car on a ramp, but with very little room. And it was hot as hell that day! After 5 hours of wrestling with that thing, I got it done. Needless to say, a lift will be a must in this case.

BTW, found out that the my deletes are indeed V2's. I'm very happy about that! I'm getting the updated defoulers from Richies. Hell yeah!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:10 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Do any of you guys have a passenger tail light I can buy?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Do any of you guys have a passenger tail light I can buy?
what kind? i have all reds but i thought u had 07 base. Id rather sell as a pair if interested. I have it in the BM
Old 10-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Former Whyner

This is the post I put in the C&C thread for the NC guys. Getting everyone is liking it and looking to make this meet bigger.

Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
Whats up guys and gals. Just wanted to let u guys know that we are coordinating with Bobbylight83 (Jason) for us Mid-Atlantic Region folks to attend this meet.

We are gathering all our dedicated local folks (4) so far and looks like we have gained some interest in the MD area. I would hope to make this the last Hoo Rah of the year and there is no better excuse but to see some Exotics and fellow Aziners!!

Since most of us have a 5-6 hour drive ahead of us we would most likely get there f]Friday night and leave Sat afternoon or so after our meet.

1. Golfjwr - Jesse- Staging - Lunch - Meet
2. Bearcat94 - Jim - Staging - C&C - ???
3. alexSU - Alex - Staging - Lunch
4. BobbyLight83 - Jason - Staging - Lunch
5. chill_dog - Jack - C&C - Lunch - Meet
6. CLtotheTL32 - Tyler & gf Mitzi - Staging - Lunch - Meet
7. mmade22 - Jon and Alex - Staging - Lunch - Meet
8) RonJonTL757-Eric 05 SSM TL 100% (Mid-Atlanitc Region)
9) T0talacura-Adrian 04 DGP TL 100% (Mid-Atlanitc Region)
10) BadazzTL-S-Aaron 08 WDP TL-S 100% (Mid-Atlanitc Region)
11) civicdrivr-Morgan 03 NBP CL-S6 Most Likely (Mid-Atlanitc Region)
Old 10-13-2009, 06:37 PM
practicing nihilist

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
Jason, I've been reading every DIY about swapping the cats. I think the defoulers are the only thing I was not sure of, but got it now.

I did the j-pipe swap in my dad's garage and that was not fun. I had the car on a ramp, but with very little room. And it was hot as hell that day! After 5 hours of wrestling with that thing, I got it done. Needless to say, a lift will be a must in this case.

BTW, found out that the my deletes are indeed V2's. I'm very happy about that! I'm getting the updated defoulers from Richies. Hell yeah!
I'd go ahead and tell Rich to send new gaskets and hardware. You never know about the bolts but I think fresh gaskets are a good idea when re-seating all the pipes.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Green Machine

I'd go ahead and tell Rich to send new gaskets and hardware. You never know about the bolts but I think fresh gaskets are a good idea when re-seating all the pipes.
I should be able to get the gaskets and bolts from the dealer, correct? If not, I will pm Richie.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:00 AM
practicing nihilist

The bolts are different since the stock cats have studs mounted in the base. Honestly, I like the studs since you don't have to fiddle with getting a wrench on top of a bolt in a very tight space and...

Gaskets I do believe are stock but the hardware is not. Anti-seize all the threads, too (Rich includes a tube of Honda anti-seize with his orders).
Old 10-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Green Machine

The bolts are different since the stock cats have studs mounted in the base. Honestly, I like the studs since you don't have to fiddle with getting a wrench on top of a bolt in a very tight space and...

Gaskets I do believe are stock but the hardware is not. Anti-seize all the threads, too (Rich includes a tube of Honda anti-seize with his orders).
Contacted Richie last night. He is sending me gaskets and hardware.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Jedi Apprentice

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Eric, I "might" be down for the meet on the 5th. Gotta check funds and such and get work cleared, retail blows. I'll keep you posted. got a link for the main meet thread?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by DoC-JoneS
Eric, I "might" be down for the meet on the 5th. Gotta check funds and such and get work cleared, retail blows. I'll keep you posted. got a link for the main meet thread?

Here you go Doc!

https://acurazine.com/forums/mid-atlantic-311/cars-coffee-acurazine-meet-charlotte-nc-12-5-09-a-746286/
Old 10-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by DoC-JoneS
Do it up man we would love to have you roll with us. but its gonna be the 4th to the 5th so i hope that wont be to much of an issue
Old 10-16-2009, 06:44 AM
Jedi Apprentice

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
getting off of work won't be the issue. money spent while i'm there will be. if i do go i may need to look at riding with somone.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:30 PM
tl_badboy96

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok, so if my tl aint tore apart, i will try to come down. anybody got a cl type s motor and tranny for sell. those are the hardest to find. if you guys can help me out that will be great. im looking for a engine lift/ stand and tranny stand as well.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by tl_badboy96
ok, so if my tl aint tore apart, i will try to come down. anybody got a cl type s motor and tranny for sell. those are the hardest to find. if you guys can help me out that will be great. im looking for a engine lift/ stand and tranny stand as well.
Not a cl, but try these...

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1380113330.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1391523623.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1410797446.html
Old 10-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Green Machine

Local car for sale

Never seen this car around, but if any is interested. Looks like a great deal also!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 10-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Former Whyner

Calling Local Audio Gurus

Ok looks like I have come to the conclusion that Im going to concentrate on putting a system back in my car.

I previously had a pretty damn kick ass setup before but financial hardships in the past made me liquidate my goodies to keep the car. My setup WAS a custom box for a JL 12W7 running to a JL 1000/1. I had a JL 350/4 amp going to Infinity Kappa's (which I still have installed) The system was stupid loud but the box, sub, and amps weighed like 85+ and it killed my performance and rear tires.

So what im looking to do is build my system back but to make it very suttle. Im looking at dropping in a 8W3v2 in the stock location and just running a 350/4 or 450/4 JL amp and maybe a 500/1 for the sub. I still have my wiring kit from when it was uninstalled.

Anyone good with this?
Old 10-18-2009, 12:04 PM
practicing nihilist

By this now!

Never seen this car around, but if any is interested. Looks like a great deal also!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Either this car is stolen, or the seller just got a divorce. There's over $3K in wheels alone...Tein EDFC...JL system...Navi...32,000 miles!!!

I'm almost insulted he's selling it for $16K.

Adrian, how are the new pipes?
Old 10-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Green Machine

Either this car is stolen, or the seller just got a divorce. There's over $3K in wheels alone...Tein EDFC...JL system...Navi...32,000 miles!!!

One word; WOW!

I had to drive it for a couple of days to give a full analysis. My car did get a little louder, but not annoyingly loud. Before my car sounded like it had a deep growl. Now it's just agressive as hell! The power, oh the power! Midrange and top end is great! Probably be better without the 3rd stock cat. I did notice alittle lowend loss, but not much. Above 3k rpms I love the sound. Sounds like a cross between a supercharger and a raspy exhaust system. Sounds great!

BTW thanks again Jason! Could have done it without you!

Last edited by t0talacuratl; 10-18-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,458 Likes on 4,979 Posts

Or it could be one of those scams because it has NY plates and registration, or they just moved down here and need the cash.

Its a nice looking car. If it were a 6MT Id be all over it.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whatsup fellas, havent been on the website much lately because of school down here in farmville... anywho i wanted to give the 2nd gen TL/CL locals a heads up. I have a set of Comptech headers for my type-S i'm gonna put up for sale this coming week. They are in absolutely great shape and i'm just trying to get what they are worth. I'd much rather give these up to a local AZ friend here in VA then ship them to someone in cali. I'm not sure how much i'm going to ask for them but probably something along the lines of $7-800 because of their condition and considering they are like 1200 new i think its a deal. I got them off of someone in hampton-roads over the summer and instead of putting them on the car i'd rather have some money to go buy a new shotgun with! you guys can PM me if your interested, if not shoot me a free bump in the BM if you see my thread up next week and i'll greatly appreciate it! hope yall are doin well and i'm sorry I cant be at any of the upcoming meets b/c of how busy Hampden-Sydney College is keepin me
LATER FELLAS
Old 10-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by bigeshorte45
whatsup fellas, havent been on the website much lately because of school down here in farmville... anywho i wanted to give the 2nd gen TL/CL locals a heads up. I have a set of Comptech headers for my type-S i'm gonna put up for sale this coming week. They are in absolutely great shape and i'm just trying to get what they are worth. I'd much rather give these up to a local AZ friend here in VA then ship them to someone in cali. I'm not sure how much i'm going to ask for them but probably something along the lines of $7-800 because of their condition and considering they are like 1200 new i think its a deal. I got them off of someone in hampton-roads over the summer and instead of putting them on the car i'd rather have some money to go buy a new shotgun with! you guys can PM me if your interested, if not shoot me a free bump in the BM if you see my thread up next week and i'll greatly appreciate it! hope yall are doin well and i'm sorry I cant be at any of the upcoming meets b/c of how busy Hampden-Sydney College is keepin me
LATER FELLAS

1200.00 headers holy shit I never knew headers on an Acura could ever be that much. GLWS what are the gains?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:51 PM

On the 2g CL/TL they make about 20hp over stock.

And yup, the CT headers are pricey. Im not sure if $700 is a good price, it seems a bit steep. Ive seen used CT headers go for $500-600. Then again, they wont fit my car cuz its a 6 speed. GLWS.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

yeah i've been reviewing the previous threads on the other CT headers being sold for about 5-600 that all are rusted and have plenty of mileage on them... these are clean so I feel like they will sell quick... hopefully someone around the state will want them before i put themon the BM. Aite fellas, back to the library for the day
Old 10-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
New Wheels for me

well my car was in the shop for 2 weeks at pep boys for overtorqued/broken lugs and it was their fault for it. But the had to drill out the studs with the broken lugs and you know what happened next, the drill slipped and messed up 2 of my brand new 20" foose wheels that I only had for a few months. It gets better than they had to torch 1 wheel stud and in doing so melted my center cap. So they decided to replace my wheels but they are discontinued! So they wanted me to get a set of 19" pep boy wheels. I told him no I have 20's and want 20's. So I found a new set of 20's at Joes tires that are gonna be custom fitted for my accord. Its supposed to have a 5" lip but we'll see. They are cuttin me a check and I should receive it within a few days then I can order my wheels. oh and I get to keep my old tires since they are new. so for now I'm riding on the hot 16" stocks but loving the mpg lol.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by goldenchild626
well my car was in the shop for 2 weeks at pep boys for overtorqued/broken lugs and it was their fault for it. But the had to drill out the studs with the broken lugs and you know what happened next, the drill slipped and messed up 2 of my brand new 20" foose wheels that I only had for a few months. It gets better than they had to torch 1 wheel stud and in doing so melted my center cap. So they decided to replace my wheels but they are discontinued! So they wanted me to get a set of 19" pep boy wheels. I told him no I have 20's and want 20's. So I found a new set of 20's at Joes tires that are gonna be custom fitted for my accord. Its supposed to have a 5" lip but we'll see. They are cuttin me a check and I should receive it within a few days then I can order my wheels. oh and I get to keep my old tires since they are new. so for now I'm riding on the hot 16" stocks but loving the mpg lol.
That's great Shawn! I'm glad that it worked out for you. Can't wait to see the new wheels!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 AM
practicing nihilist

when you say custom fitted, does that mean building a hub kit to fit the wheel's different lug pattern? those are bad, especially if you drive the car just a tad harder than an 80 year old woman behind the wheel.

seriously, there's threads in like the off-topic section of guys wheels falling off while autocrossing.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
well everything bolts up and the specs are exactly like my foose wheels but I may have them change the offset just a little because it rubs in the back when I hit a big bump but not as bad since I rolled my fenders.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Green Machine

Ok checking with you guys first before posting in the BM. I got this intake from the Accord site. It's a homemade intake by one of their members that is selling among the site. I bought this to try it out. The low end and mid range is crazy! My car with sides when I hit second! It also has the IAT relocation option like the AEM intakes. The only reason I'm selling is the intake is alittle too loud for my taste. Trying to keep that sleeper mode.

If you want an SRI that performs well and look top notch, then this is for you! The one I got was white, so I painted black. Check out the picks and let me know if you're interested.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:32 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

^Thats NVA-AV6's SRI...... Its home made so its extremely rare and does pack a nice punch ive heard.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Adrian, i really need to get with you one of these days and talk ways to increase my power lol. I am clueless when it comes to this kinda stuff.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:25 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Ok checking with you guys first before posting in the BM. I got this intake from the Accord site. It's a homemade intake by one of their members that is selling among the site. I bought this to try it out. The low end and mid range is crazy! My car with sides when I hit second! It also has the IAT relocation option like the AEM intakes. The only reason I'm selling is the intake is alittle too loud for my taste. Trying to keep that sleeper mode.

If you want an SRI that performs well and look top notch, then this is for you! The one I got was white, so I painted black. Check out the picks and let me know if you're interested.

I'm pretty interested Adrian.. please hold it for me and give me a call some time this weekend if you can.
Thanks.
Mike
Old 10-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by 99v6sedan
^Thats NVA-AV6's SRI...... Its home made so its extremely rare and does pack a nice punch ive heard.
Yeah it does! I was very impressed! Like I said, it was just too loud for me. Also sound kind of ricey.

Originally Posted by Navy TL
Adrian, i really need to get with you one of these days and talk ways to increase my power lol. I am clueless when it comes to this kinda stuff.
No problem Derrick! Let me know what you have in mind.

Originally Posted by diamondblues
I'm pretty interested Adrian.. please hold it for me and give me a call some time this weekend if you can.
Thanks.
Mike
Ok Mike. Maybe we can make a trade. I can even install it for you.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Green Machine

BTW, I also have two primary procats. They are still functional and are half the power as precat deletes. Also quieter.

Also I have a leak in my j-pipe. If someone is selling their aftermarket one, let me know.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:02 AM
practicing nihilist

Still think that SRI is just sucking hot engine bay air in but, I don't want to start one of those gey debates like in the other parts of this forum.

I know Adrian was talking about building an enclosure around this. Strongly recommended.

Would be interested in a report about switching the IAT location. Get good before and after MPG #'s. The guys that did this with AEM's didn't have any luck and gas mileage suffered a bit.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Green Machine

Still think that SRI is just sucking hot engine bay air in but, I don't want to start one of those gey debates like in the other parts of this forum.

I know Adrian was talking about building an enclosure around this. Strongly recommended.

Would be interested in a report about switching the IAT location. Get good before and after MPG #'s. The guys that did this with AEM's didn't have any luck and gas mileage suffered a bit.
Yes I was measuring and designing something that would work, but I did not like the sound anymore. It's nice sounding aggresive, but not all the time. Even at low throttle, it sounded V8ish if that makes any sense. One thing I love the throttle sensitivity is great though!

Jason, I had the AEM V1 with the IAT option. Honestly I did not see any difference in mpg. There were however a little better throttle response. I just wish I had the option now. That's what attracted me to this SRI.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:39 PM

I dont have a 3G TL, but when I swapped intake manifolds in my CL I had to move the IAT to the intake tube. I saw no difference.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:31 AM
practicing nihilist

yeah, most guys saw no difference. It sparked a huge debate on whether the IAT was actually sensing cooler air, and whether the ECU would compensate for that in terms of power.

I decided to just leave it alone.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:04 PM

I had no choice but to move it
Old 10-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Green Machine

Calling all 3rd Gens!

I need a stock intake; just the box cover and bottom that the filter sits in. Working on a project. Also filter if you have it.

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)