Item Condition:

SOLD: 2004 Acura TL *Very Nicely Modded* Location: San Diego, CA

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009 | 03:57 PM
Trucki!!

2004 Acura TL *Very Nicely Modded* Location: San Diego, CA

1. Price: 16,500
2. Mileage: 68,9XX
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi? SSM, Auto, Navi (2008 version)
4. Reason for selling: Looking to get a truck for activities
5. Location: San Diego, CA
6. Pictures: Below
7. Are you the first owner? 2nd, original owner couldn’t afford it and turned it in after 7000 miles. Its been me ever since.
8. Title information: In the banks name currently
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): Will provide to serious buyers
10. Modifications: Silver AEM V1 intake (new mounting point version 3/09), Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, A-spec Kit, A-spec Steering wheel, Type-S Shift knob, RV6 Race Pipe, RV6 Strut bar, ATLP J-pipe, Tein SS coilovers + EDFC, Comptech Rear Sway bar, Dice R4 ipod adapter, DOM Nav2go unit, Boyo license plate back up camera, KP technologies roll up mod, tinted 35 front/20 rear, Type-S rear tail lights, Type-S side gray lights, Blacked out headlights from JnC, Custom painted Fiberglass hood included it wanted, Supercomputers billet pedals, front console OEM carbon trim, Custom Fiberglass 12 box and JL 500/1 amp, Type-S exhaust with mid muffler removed, Type-S Rear A-spec kit, 5zigen Pro Racer 19x9 wheels, Nitto Neogen 245/35/19 tires (75% left), rear trunk lip, RacingBrake front rotors (1.5 years old), RacingBrake front and rear pads (7 months old), Stainless steel brake lines, regular mats and all season mats, trunk tray mat, stock A-spec suspension included, stock strut bar included
11. Service record: Lifetime tire warranty included, most if not all services have been done at either Kearney Mesa Acura or Tipton Honda
12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc. In Lein holders name, not leased

Ok guys the time has come to get rid of my baby I’m looking to pick up a new truck in the next month or so. I only drive ¼ mile to work, so in the past year I’ve only put 5000 miles on the car. Since I can’t enjoy it as much as I want anymore because of long work hours and no need to worry about gas prices I will get a truck like I’ve wanted for awhile. I’m not going to waste time on this so I will try to sell this at a VERY competitive price that is currently set as my loan payoff. I am a very motivated seller. I’ve gotten many great deals from this site, so here is my time to really give back. I just paid my August payment, so at this moment I currently owe $17,000(actually $17,155 but I’ll round down). Kelly Blue book is right at $16,085 for this car stock. So I believe with the mods/install I have pricing 6-7k in value the $17,000 is less than what I could probably get if I had more time to sell, so I made my decision to be extremely competitive. This will be up for sale for about 2-3 weeks only, after that I will begin to part out most of the items.

(PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO PART ITEMS YET, DON’T PM ME ABOUT IT, THE THREAD WILL BE POSTED IF THE CAR DOESN’T SALE AND IT WILL BE FIRST COME FIRST SERVE)

If you have a reasonable offer let me know, but if your going to lowball please don’t waste mine/your time. I’m sure the dealer will do this if I have to trade it in. If you are truly interested in purchasing this car for a lower amount without certain items removed let me know! I can have those items removed and replaced with my stock part for whatever I think I can get out of the part. Just let me know.

Know issues with the car:

Front bumper and front a-spec kit, quite a few marks from road debris, there is one large scrape on the underside of the a-spec lip from rubbing a car while turning into a parking space. There are a few marks from people backing into me on street parking. This could be remedied for under $500 from a proper paint shop (I was quote $365 to have the bumper prepped and re-painted a few months ago).

Small chip from I’m not sure what right above the driver side door. I’m sure a dent doctor could get this out cheaply.

The 5zigen rims are in excellent condition except one rim. One rim has a 6-8 inch curb scrape, not deep just an even glance. This could be fixed by most rim repair shops for $75 as I was quoted by Bumper Doctor here in SD.

Other than that is just normal wear from a 2004. I do not have the cracked dash or any of the other issues. All TSB’s have been taken car of properly. No paint or body work has been done on the car.

The car is currently covered under Acura Care until either 2-19-2011 or 79,651 miles. This will give you the piece of mind at current 10,000 miles or 1 year and 6 months! I will include this with the sale if you would like to purchase it for $350 in addition to the price of the vehicle (I can cancel it the finance manager told me I will get $425 back from Acura if I cancel the coverage at 69,000 miles).

My name is Matt, I can be reached at 858-357-3296 or at matthew.leming@gmail.com. I would like to keep this in California, but if your not to far away I can drive it to AZ, NV, NM, UT…..I will take care of my own flight back.

Well onto the pics:

Old 07-30-2009 | 07:16 PM
tigerstyle

Gorgeous car man, good luck with the sale.
Old 07-30-2009 | 07:28 PM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by neyeswhip
Gorgeous car man, good luck with the sale.
Thanks man! I've put it up on Craigslist and Cars.com also, so far I have 1 member from here looking into loans already and someone coming to look at it tomorrow evening from local.

At this price I don't think its gonna last long
Old 07-31-2009 | 01:16 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

Bump for a fellow SD Crew. Car is clean and has everything done to it. The new owner will be very pleased.
Old 07-31-2009 | 01:29 PM
5th Gear

Great looking car!
Old 07-31-2009 | 01:55 PM
Trucki!!

Thanks guys! I now have 3 or 4 interested parties, one coming tonight to look and 1 coming this weekend.

I'm hoping the prospective buyer from here can pull through......he deserves it!!
Old 08-01-2009 | 11:37 AM
Trucki!!

Saturday bump

A local guy came by to tire kick last night, made me a offer lower than I could do right now, but I put a counter offer back out minus a few items on the car.

The offer I made was $16,000 without the wheels/tires/j-pipe. Anyone else interested in a similar deal, or more off if other items are removed?
Old 08-01-2009 | 02:29 PM
I need a car in

really nice car, but im looking for black. nicely modded also =]
Old 08-01-2009 | 04:33 PM
Administrator

In accordance with the Members Cars For Sale Forum Rules and Regulations parting out offers or requests are not allowed in this forum.

If the OP decides to part out he will have to start a new thread in the main forum, and he can post that information here with a link to the new thread. Do not send PM's to the seller unless you are invited to do so.

Any parting out discussions posted above have been deleted, and future parting out posts will be deleted without notice.
Old 08-01-2009 | 06:01 PM
Trucki!!

Thanks Ron, but I don't want any PM's on parting items out yet. Only PM me if you need information on buying the car. Its not like I'm going to give someone dibs on something that I'm not even sure will be available.

I've received a few offers, one from a member on here and one from a local buyer. The amounts are too low for now. Make some offers guys, I'm very motivated and you'd be surprised at what I may take.
Old 08-02-2009 | 10:56 AM
Instructor

Super nice ride!! I would have been all over this, but I just bought my 07 Type S a week ago.
Old 08-05-2009 | 10:15 AM
Trucki!!

Bump

Pm's have been replied to, lowball offers aren't being considered!

Had a local buyer who wasn't a member of the forums stop by and look last night. Seems as though I now have 3 buyers interested and possibly a few solid offers coming from them in the next week. Let me know if your interested guys!
Old 08-06-2009 | 04:05 AM
I'm a thrill seeker in my

Bump for a good deal on a nice looking 3rd gen. Also, cheers to having damn sexy wheels that look great on our cars
Old 08-06-2009 | 10:48 AM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by TheMegalodon
Bump for a good deal on a nice looking 3rd gen. Also, cheers to having damn sexy wheels that look great on our cars
Thanks!

Looks likes I'm just playing the waiting game. Have 3 serious local buyers, one looking at financing and they have been approved for a Secure Loan but that won't be paid to them until 18th. The other is selling their current car to Carmax, so I just have to wait till that is purchased. And the 3rd seems very interested and is getting monies from his parents to purchase the car, but don't know if that is a go yet.

So worst case scenario it’s looking like the 18th is when it will be sold.

This is the first time I've sold a car private party, now I see why people just take the loss and trade it in. My patience is getting taxed heavily.
Old 08-07-2009 | 11:36 AM
Trucki!!

Bump bump

Any offers guys?
Old 08-09-2009 | 03:26 PM
Make Nice, Not Rice

Very nice car bro, I'll let my friends know asap.
Old 08-09-2009 | 09:28 PM
Race Director

wow, that car is stunning
i wish someone would pick up mine. or id be all over that
glws
Old 08-10-2009 | 10:38 AM
Trucki!!

Thanks guys! Just waiting on the right buyer to get financing.......come on guys

Offers are accepted, let me know what you want to pay and I'll see if we can work it out.
Old 08-11-2009 | 10:53 AM
Trucki!!

Bump it up

Originally Posted by ballerjai
Very nice car bro, I'll let my friends know asap.
Let me know, I've been looking to take the G/F up to Napa for a weekend. I could drop it off to your friends if they are in the Bay Area
Old 08-11-2009 | 02:16 PM
Racer

If you were local to me or within a few hours this would be gone. I already have my financing and this car meets the requirement of myself and the bank. GLWS.
Old 08-11-2009 | 03:48 PM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by cherplex
If you were local to me or within a few hours this would be gone. I already have my financing and this car meets the requirement of myself and the bank. GLWS.
Too bad!!

Where are you located?
Old 08-11-2009 | 05:29 PM
Make Nice, Not Rice

hahha I agree with cherplex, if this was local it would of been gone. Oh my, it seems my friend has already seen this post before I have. I think your trip to Napa might have sparked something, but how would you get back home? haha
Old 08-11-2009 | 06:02 PM
Trucki!!

hahha I agree with cherplex, if this was local it would of been gone. Oh my, it seems my friend has already seen this post before I have. I think your trip to Napa might have sparked something, but how would you get back home? haha
I would book a flight back, Southwest fares for 2 people would only be $150ish

Car is ready to find a new home, need to clear the debt so I can buy another investment property!

Make me an offer guys, I'm motivated to sell but I need a jump off. Price is negotiable, but I'm not gonna take a huge loss. Mostly tire kickers around here that are ready to buy until they realize they can't get approved for a loan to save their lives Its happened 3 times already, you'd think that nowadays people would have a pretty good idea of where they are at credit wise......but I guess not.
Old 08-11-2009 | 06:57 PM
Advanced

i'm definitely interested in this car, when do you think you'll be able to make a trip up to napa cuz i'm definitely serious about this. I'm ballerjai's (austin) friend whom he referred the car to and if everything works out i think we could certainly get something going on. haha let me know what you think. btw, this account is new cuz i made it just to contact you. haha so anyways, maybe send me a PM so we can set something up? let me know. thanks!
Old 08-11-2009 | 07:38 PM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by AC415
i'm definitely interested in this car, when do you think you'll be able to make a trip up to napa cuz i'm definitely serious about this. I'm ballerjai's (austin) friend whom he referred the car to and if everything works out i think we could certainly get something going on. haha let me know what you think. btw, this account is new cuz i made it just to contact you. haha so anyways, maybe send me a PM so we can set something up? let me know. thanks!
Hey Austin, since your a new member there is a minimum # of posts required to send pm's. My email is in the first post at the top along with my phone number. Send me an email or shoot me a call so we can chat
Old 08-11-2009 | 08:12 PM
Trucki!!

Hey Allen, thanks for the call hopefully we can work something out.
Old 08-11-2009 | 10:17 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Reminds me of when I was selling my RSX in January...everybody wants it but nobody has the money to buy it. Sucks...but keep your head up...at this price...this car will be GONE.

Don't come down too much...with the mods you have done, you're only really selling the car itself for probably 12 or 13. I think 16 is fair.

Good luck! GREAT looking car and has all the mods most people on this forum would be looking for without the hassle of getting it themselves. People...go to your local credit union...get an uncle to lend you a down payment...this car is PIMP. If I didn't already have mine...I'd probably pay the 200 bucks to fly to Cali and drive BACK to Miami.

J.
Old 08-11-2009 | 10:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by lembowski
Too bad!!

Where are you located?
I'm in MD.
Old 08-11-2009 | 10:49 PM
Race Director

damn, this is exactly what i want.. too bad i owe on mine..i should have waited
Old 08-12-2009 | 12:21 AM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Reminds me of when I was selling my RSX in January...everybody wants it but nobody has the money to buy it. Sucks...but keep your head up...at this price...this car will be GONE.

Don't come down too much...with the mods you have done, you're only really selling the car itself for probably 12 or 13. I think 16 is fair.

Good luck! GREAT looking car and has all the mods most people on this forum would be looking for without the hassle of getting it themselves. People...go to your local credit union...get an uncle to lend you a down payment...this car is PIMP. If I didn't already have mine...I'd probably pay the 200 bucks to fly to Cali and drive BACK to Miami.

J.
Yeah its alittle frustrating, but I'm pretty patient.

The car itself blue books private party for $16,6XX, the trade that that the dealer offered me if I put it back to stock is $13,450. That is without any negotiations. I know a buyer can't expect to get what the dealer pays for a trade-in......I hope. If someone offered slightly lower than what I started the price at I'd probably take it.......but I'm just waiting.

I'm in MD.
Take a fun cross country drive

Originally Posted by crazyasiantl
damn, this is exactly what i want.. too bad i owe on mine..i should have waited
Try to sell it and step up to the big leagues
Old 08-12-2009 | 10:25 AM
Former Whyner

GLWS...and dont forget about me... patiently waiting
Old 08-12-2009 | 12:27 PM
Trucki!!

Price lowered to $16,500 made another payment today.

Ron A can you change price in the original post?

Mod edit-Done
Old 08-12-2009 | 07:42 PM
Make Nice, Not Rice

Actually if you take in account his GREAT mods + the cost of labor.. his car is only about 6-7k, based on my estimates.

BUMP! For a GREAT modded car.
Old 08-13-2009 | 07:13 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by lembowski

Take a fun cross country drive

I can barely drive 5 hours then I get car sick. Can you PM me the VIN so I can run Autocheck.
Old 08-13-2009 | 09:10 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

this car is smooth...you won't have that problem. You MIGHT have the problem that when you drive it home you won't want to get out!
Old 08-13-2009 | 10:09 AM
Trucki!!

Actually if you take in account his GREAT mods + the cost of labor.. his car is only about 6-7k, based on my estimates.

BUMP! For a GREAT modded car.
Yeah, its kinda depressing for me when I think about it that way lol

I can barely drive 5 hours then I get car sick. Can you PM me the VIN so I can run Autocheck.
Roadtrips are fun though, when I moved to San Diego from Indianapolis 5 years ago I drove my previous car 36hrs straight thru without stopping to sleep. That was hard! I wish I would have taken a few extra days to stop and see the sights

VIN has be sent

Originally Posted by rockstar143
this car is smooth...you won't have that problem. You MIGHT have the problem that when you drive it home you won't want to get out!
Exactly, put the EDFC on the max 15 and enjoy the soft ride all the way!
Old 08-13-2009 | 12:27 PM
Intermediate

Hey man, I can't PM you so shoot me a text at 760 855 1009 just has a few questions...
Old 08-13-2009 | 01:02 PM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by soontobe
Hey man, I can't PM you so shoot me a text at 760 855 1009 just has a few questions...
I left you a voicemail a few minutes ago, my phone # is 858-357-3296. Looks like you would be a local buyer, let me know if you'd like to swing by for a test drive and to check it out.
Old 08-16-2009 | 04:51 PM
Trucki!!

Bump

Another weekend done, 3 new potential buyers. Hopefully this week is going to pan out!
Old 08-17-2009 | 04:32 PM
10th Gear

I live in Minnesota, how do you feel about shipping/driving?

Quick Reply: SOLD: 2004 Acura TL *Very Nicely Modded* Location: San Diego, CA