usdmJON's 2013 ILX build

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by 4cruizn
^ doesn't look too dirty to me! Nice!
That picture is at one week no wash. Normally Id wash it the day before.
Waiting until this weekend.

Originally Posted by opboarding
Looks great. The stock wheels look good how it sits right now, but have you considered getting aftermarket wheels?
Yes sir and thank you! I wanted something new so bad and was very close. After a lot of conversations with people that really liked my wheels I decided to hold off and get some extended use out of them while focusing on other points of my car.

Im going to get some new spacers for the rear and move the existing spacers upfront. Then I have other performances plans and some cosmetic stuff in-store as well as some coil-overs before new wheels come.

Originally Posted by terdonal
Old 05-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Suzuka Master

The only thing I dont like about the ILX cosmetically are the front reflectors in the turn signals and as rear light... just too much red back there.

Tinted the reflectors and left the chrome on. I like it. Blends with the windows.

A hybrid deck lid and high gloss black roof/rear window visor wrap would be ideal Im thinking!!

Last edited by usdmJON; 05-15-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:07 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
bro.. are you ever gonna do ne mods other then painting shit?
The following users liked this post:
usdmJON (05-15-2014)
Old 05-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by pockets
bro.. are you ever gonna do ne mods other then painting shit?
So youve got coils and reps and you think that gives you the right to claim I dont have any performance mods?
Old 05-15-2014, 07:56 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

whoa first off dont try to be little my progress 2nd stop getting all upset .. and all im saying is your last few mods have been a knot some chrome plastidip bunch of walmart mods

reason why i msg you over ne 1 else regarding there mods is because you claim to lead the 2.0's and you claim to have the sexiest ilx n shit just curious to kno when your gonna spend more then 20$ on a mod
usdmJON (05-15-2014)
Old 05-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Suzuka Master

whoa first off dont try to be little my progress
Don't be little your progress? Oh wait the same way you just did mine?
All I did was list off your current mod list minus the mods I did myself a year ago.

Don't play me for a fool.
If it comes walking in here like a duck and quacking like a duck Im sure as hell going to treat it like a duck.

2nd stop getting all upset ..
I'm not taking you as upset so show me the same respect. No one here is mad. Im arguing with the same attitude you came in here with.

wand all im saying is your last few mods have been a knot some chrome plastidip bunch of walmart mods
Wrong... if you want to talk shit you better be 100% correct.
My mods went
Knot>OEM lip kit>downpipe>chrome>paint
You missed the authentic OEM lip and performance downpipe when claiming I have only non performance wal-mart mods.

reason why i msg you over ne 1 else regarding there mods is because you claim to lead the 2.0's and you claim to have the sexiest ilx n shit
Hater. Straight up. You've got a nice version of my car I can't buy in the states with a set of coilovers and half way decent wheels. I see absolutely no reason for you to be jealous of me so you must just get your jollies off that way.

If you show me one point where I claim to be a leader in the 2.0s (now that that's been said show me a 2.0 with more over all work done) or one post where I claim I have the sexiest ILX EVA and you're post will gain some credence.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Suzuka Master

just curious to kno when your gonna exp spend more the 20$ on a mod
Was that so hard to just straight up ask? I already corrected you on my recent mods. Try over $300 for the lip and over $100 for the DP.

Just because you have money to throw at your car like ugly bandwagon reps and some coilovers you spend over a grand to bottom out in doesn''t give you the right to judge how others spend their money.

I have a life with expenses. My car has been the LEAST of my expenses since it's purchase and it will remain so until I have a home of my own. Good day sir.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:28 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

Good excuses homie.
usdmJON (05-15-2014)
Old 05-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Good excuses homie.
Do you even hear yourself? First hating because Im buying parts for a 2.0 now hating because the parts aren't expensive enough for you. Forget about me dude, you just do you.

Clown. Go play in traffic.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot people like provoke you huh?
Old 05-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Chanancie 671
A lot people like provoke you huh?
I won't lie I do a lot of provoking myself. Hahaha
But yeah that was pretty much out of left field.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
That was straight comedy. Vossens are shit btw. Looking forward to the build Jon.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 05-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Suzuka Master

I don't even know.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by HairyMonkey019
That was straight comedy. Vossens are shit btw. Looking forward to the build Jon.
Whoa. Just saw the vossen blog in your sig. I didnt like vossens before just because I saw them everywhere. Now I have real reasons. lol

And dude LOVING the finished product of your vip table. Your homie better have hooked you up on the price because you may have sold me one.
Im just hoping he's still making pieces a few months from now.

How easy and secure is it to the glove box??
Old 05-16-2014, 02:03 AM
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
Let's say, I didn't pay anywhere near his retail price... if you really want to know, I paid less than 1/4 of his universal pricing lol (SOOOO GLAD he owned the same car as me before).

He makes them whenever ordered and customized to your order w/2week turnaround time. Hand made and done in his garage.
-Any colored stain
-Leather wrapped
-centered or traditional off to the side like mine
-Custom holes for vape if wanted
Follow him on IG @Suaveseraglio

Mine is held by 3 brackets screwed where the glove box clips onto, security depends on how you mount it yourself lol, but I made a custom support that attaches under my trim (check the table pictures out). Mine vibrates SLIGHTLY w/ how I have it, but I bang shock towers constantly.

With $250 you get a custom table to your liking, mounting brackets, and screws.(He'll give you plenty, I still have extra screws and brackets)

If you want one hit him up on IG, and he can make a template off NOTSOslammedILX, or you can PM me and I'll let him know.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Suzuka Master

I'm looking up and down vossens website... I'm sure they have jwl stamped on the inside but I can't find any jwl testing claims on their site. Nor can I find if they are backed by SEMA.

Hmmmm
Old 05-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by HairyMonkey019
NOTSOslammedILX
wish i could change my name
Old 05-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Don't worry Jon. I approve of what you do. The point of these threads (in my opinion) is to keep a log of everything you have done to the car no matter how small. Not every post has to be showing off $1000 parts. Even if you have done nothing to your car and just wanted to show off some cool pictures you took, that is awesome.

Anyone who disagrees with me can suck it.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway, I got the sexiest ilx :P haha just to had some gas in the fire!
Old 05-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Chrisotop
Anyway, I got the sexiest ilx :P haha just to had some gas in the fire!
I just looked at your statistics and saw you have only ever posted in my thread.
Are you stalking me? Because that would be super.

I see youre in Cananda... did you get a chance to pick up the 2.4 dynamic?
If so then you got my vote as sexier ILX than Pockets. Sexiest ILX in my opinion goes to Aaron. Good looking stance. Sure theres one or two things Id change... i.e. not white and a different lip more like mine. But Id change his the least plus it has the most going on in my opinion.

Now, if youve got a 2.0 then we've got ourselves a good ol fashioned rumble ahead of us. So far not many people are tuning the 2.0
Ive seen one with an intake and it may have been lowered. Thats about it I believe.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SlaammedILX
wish i could change my name
To MOSTslammedILX hahaha
Old 05-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by opboarding
Don't worry Jon. I approve of what you do. The point of these threads (in my opinion) is to keep a log of everything you have done to the car no matter how small. Not every post has to be showing off $1000 parts. Even if you have done nothing to your car and just wanted to show off some cool pictures you took, that is awesome.

Anyone who disagrees with me can suck it.
hahaha My original response was along those lines but I figured Id pick it apart instead.
I only take offense from those that speak fluently in whichever language they choose to mock me in.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:22 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

Originally Posted by usdmJON
hahaha My original response was along those lines but I figured Id pick it apart instead.
I only take offense from those that speak fluently in whichever language they choose to mock me in.

its a love hate relationship

so Jon go f@#$ yourself
Old 05-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just looked at your statistics and saw you have only ever posted in my thread.
Are you stalking me? Because that would be super.

I see youre in Cananda... did you get a chance to pick up the 2.4 dynamic?
If so then you got my vote as sexier ILX than Pockets. Sexiest ILX in my opinion goes to Aaron. Good looking stance. Sure theres one or two things Id change... i.e. not white and a different lip more like mine. But Id change his the least plus it has the most going on in my opinion.

Now, if youve got a 2.0 then we've got ourselves a good ol fashioned rumble ahead of us. So far not many people are tuning the 2.0
Ive seen one with an intake and it may have been lowered. Thats about it I believe.
Yep, it is the dynamic
Old 05-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
To MOSTslammedILX hahaha
nah, more like NEEDSmorelow
Old 05-22-2014, 12:36 PM
Suzuka Master

All taken yesterday with my phone around 3-6pm.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Everything going according to plans means I should have some good money coming July. Aside from wanting to put money towards updating my leather strap watches with some new bands, as well work on my arm, I should have something to throw at the ILX as well.

Thinking spacers first so I'm wider at all 4 corners, and some interior VIP pieces just for comfort.

Id like a rear sway bar (19mm preferred) and a new lower rear brace; Beaks style hopefully polished. As well, some custom door sills I've been eyeing and I really want the roof and rear visor done with a gloss black vinyl wrap.

Cosmetically I'd be done for a while but performance wise I could use a couple more bracing pieces. Maybe some small things like a TBS for shits and giggles. I really want the CF trunk if the R&D Aaron has done pans out for us well.

After all of that is done I will be considering wheels and new suspension.
Depending on the wheels I'll either look at keeping my springs or upgrading to coilovers.
I like the height I am at, especially with my front lip(s). hahaha
Though I do want to be a bit stiffer so we'll see. If I go with a real aggressive wheel fitment Ill get coilovers. If they have some play with the travel Ill stay with my springs.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Team3d has the beaks style bars on 9th gen - he's a vendor. I PM'd him for pricing on various parts today through the group buy section.. I'll check on here too. I think that would work with the Megan one you already have, would probably sit right under it.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:47 PM
Suzuka Master

I doubt it will bolt right. The Megan brace is pretty beefy around the bolt hole and I dont think it will fit ontop of the beaks style bracket. I don't need both. Dont even need one. :p
Ill just put the megan one up for sale for like 40 bucks shipped or 20 bucks just handed over.

And don't worry I know about team3d being a vendor. Ive been in contact with them before I purchased the megan brace. I was going to pick up an axle back from them but the price went up which i found weird.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Oooo ok. Pricing change? They tryna get that money son... but yeah i hate little changes like that... hopefully just an anomaly... I'm pretty sure that they ARE - FKX Racing. I don't know where else to buy those bars, and they are the best ones out right now... we'll see... they gave me a # to text. I did. I'm trying to pickup today or real soon. They don't want my money? I pity the fool who doesn't "get that money" in this recession...
Old 05-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

I just texted team 3d. Hes got kids so hes juggling his time, understandable. Im trying to pickup in person, since im not too far away. But I want my stuff now!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Also of note, I think SlaamedILX is trying to confirm part fitment for Megan stuff on his ILX. He said he was trying to drop it off for R&D at Megan, I'm pretty sure they are just gonna bust out the Civic SI parts they got on deck and be like YEP its good, or NOPE. They really do make a ton of bars for the SI. I tried to message Megan, but they never got back to me... I was trying to confirm and buy, guess they didn't want my cash? Weird... hopefully they confirm whatever odds and ends I don't get through 1)FKX, 2)Tanabe. You going for the 19mm because of possible subframe tear out? Is that why you want to switch out the rear lower tie bar? I think those help a little with that issue.I mean its not an ASR brace but still.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Suzuka Master

I already put a Megan brace on my ilx. If they were smart they wouldn't need an ilx to know it fits already.

Maybe it's something other than bracing.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

On the 9th gen forums they have pics of the Megan front lower tie bar/ underbrace for the FB6, not fitting correctly on the 2013. Even tho on the Megan website they have pics of a 2013 with it on. The guy who has the pics up has his own auto shop, and he and his techs checked it, it was not a bad install situation. I'm not sure whats up with that. They also have people complaining about downpipe clearance issues. Thats why I'm nuthugging on FKX for now, then Tanabe, then Megan. At some point I'll get a downpipe, Don't need the headache. I was able to get in contact with Team 3d right now, they only got the FKX X brace for the underbody and the rear lower tie bar. X brace has yet to have issues with clearing aftermarket exhausts, even 3inch piping. Megan users have reported clearnace issues/fitment issues with clearing exhausts. The Megan chassis brace is more of an H brace tho.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:01 AM
Suzuka Master

You say the bars didn't fit a 2013 you mean ilx or civic?
The rear fits perfect.
Which should mean the chassis is near identical for those bolt points.
Aaron has a front brace that looks exactly like the Megan piece. I'm sure they come from a similar situation as reps wheel manufacturers using the same shop and molds.

I'd guarantee fitment of the front enough to buy one myself... just have cared to yet since I always do rear bracing first.

As for the downpipe who is they? Civic owners or ilx owners?
Again I'd guarantee dp fitment because I have a Megan dp that fits perfect with the heat shield intact still.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

No prob - let me clarify. The fitment issues were all on Civic Si's. Which should be the same as our car's. But the SI's and our ILX's might be slightly different year to year, or the Megan bar has some kind of production irregularity... But the Megan FRONT lower tie bar that fit the 2012 Civic SI (1st year of production) DID NOT fit the 2013. The guy had really good close up pics and everything. That same bar DID fit a 2012 SI. And people (SI's) were having issues with downpipes clearing past the Megan front bar and exhausts (especially 3 inch piping) clearing the h brace. Not many ILX's have downpipes or exhausts, and even less have any bracing. So thats why I'm just trying to play it safe before buying parts that won't all fit together.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Sometimes the ground is too high. Glad I'm not on coils or I would most likely be lower.
In the future I hope I maintain this height as it's functional but looks great. Some 18s should fill the wells perfectly.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 PM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
sexy ride, nice and clean. Makes me wish I still had my RSX
Old 06-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hey JON, thats a clean ride.. i just added a lip on m ILX today inspired by your forum here. I just wanna thank you for being one if not, the first person to do it. i just signed up on AcuraZine and waiting for my 5 post/15 day trial to be over.. then i can post some pics and maybe start a forum of my own..

Quick Reply: usdmJON's 2013 ILX build