usdmJON's 2013 ILX build

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmy18
Yeah it sorta just looks like the light shining off of the bottom lip on the bumper where the reflector sit in at, so I guess it's not too bad. I feel like you'll end up taking it off.

Your ass is naked, that's for sure.
Agreed. Chances are ill be taking them off.

And after showing my buddy saddats ilx with rear single outlit take da axle back and he said flat out "now it really looks like a civic."
That totally killed it for me. Hahaha

Thanks for the kind words. Blending in is very good. I'm still afraid they look a bit rice.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 470 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Agreed. Chances are ill be taking them off.

And after showing my buddy saddats ilx with rear single outlit take da axle back and he said flat out "now it really looks like a civic."
That totally killed it for me. Hahaha

Thanks for the kind words. Blending in is very good. I'm still afraid they look a bit rice.
No problem. The thing about the single exit exhaust making it look even more like the Civic is why I recommend/ am biased to dual exhaust on top of most Acura's having them.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Suzuka Master

I can agree on that. But because of that I probably wont be doing a rear exit exhaust for a while. I like running parts that come from reputable companies often with a warranty. I know the warranty doesnt really matter but when people ask what exhaust I have Id rather have a name brand to say rather than "custom 2.5in piping".

For a while I was leaning towards the borla but it is a single exit so now I dont want it. lol

I dont believe the 2.4 and 2.0 have the same axleback... Ill have to look into if the r18 guys can run civic si axlebacks. I know they cant run catbacks from the si so chances are no. But if so Ill jump on the DC axleback (fingers crossed it wasnt a catback).
Old 04-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah telling someone I have a custom whatever gives the impression of shitty and questionable work but then again that name brand stuff started out custom too..

We need someone to make quality aftermarket rear bumpers with dual exhaust cut outs and then someone else make a axle back that splits into 2 pipes. Sorta like what some companies have done with rear diffuser on the CR-Z and the mid exit exhaust.

But if ILX sales don't pick up, and I don't think they ever will until 2016 updates, no one will bother.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Exactly. No one is already bothering.

Only issue with the dual exit is Switt had to bang out a groove in his spare tire compartment to fit the exhaust with a muffler and Aaron is running no muffler to make the rear dual split work right.

I personally dont have anything really against the hidden exhaust so a DC turn down axleback sounds great to me.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Burning Brakes

What ever makes you happy is what counts. For me I'd re shape the tire well with out hesitation because I don't need that tire (Who has flats anymore/ lol jk) but yeah that space isn't used so I wouldn't need it really. Just keep a tire repair kit/ fix a flat just encase but I don't travel outside my town or on any sketchy/ rough roads.

I just think the dual exhaust set up completes a car like wheels complete a car.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
i contacted a few companies about body kits, no interest at all. Some were unaware of the car. The ones that were aware, I could tell actually kinda like the car, but basically just told me they can't make money off of it/no interest...

I added a lot of chrome to my car. I know for some people its definitely overkill. I really like the chrome pillars, but I think gloss black also would have looked awesome. Then there would be less overall chrome. To honest I really just wanted to make the car shiny to scoop up some hood rats when I drive thru the bad parts of town. Works like a charm. OoOooOOOHHhH.... shiny car!!! Anyway I think more chrome means more ratchet hoes mang... add some more bra... MORE! - use those 4 doors to fit more whores!
Old 04-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Suzuka Master

I am interested in that chrome accenting you found for your doors. Kind of like side moldings that sit really low. Who made those?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Its some company called Dawn. I'm a cheap ass so I shopped around. Ebay was the cheapest spot for them. Think they were $120 something. I added more 3m tape to the back, they used the good stuff but were kinda stingy with it. They also make color matched body side molding that sits higher. It's just a thick straight strip style like on older 2000's Hondas. I prefer the look of the OEM one, its more "aero-ish" and wider. The only chrome I kind of regret is the door edge liners. I like the practical damage prevention, and the look, but if they had color matched or OEM strips that covered more area I would have got those. The reasonI kinda regret it is, on one door it keeps coming off. I had to replace it once already and that one is not fully on there either... the other doors stuck on fine, it's just annoying that for whatever reason, one door strip keeps slipping off...
Old 04-26-2014, 09:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Oh damn that shit is expensive!
Old 04-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah its pricy but it stands out a lot and looks really good. I knew that since right now there's not too many mods available, mostly everyone is gonna get tha same /similar stuff. Havent seen another ILX with it, even online. (i'm sure it's out there). Or door pillars either I really suggest someone get the piano black or even carbon fiber ones, depending on the overall look they may be going for. Like SlammedILX is going for a sportier look, so for him I'd suggest the carbon fiber. You're trying to go VIP inspired, i'd suggest the piano black ones. $50 bucks on ebay. The OEM molding is expensive too like $160 on Amazon and ebay. I'm probably gonna buy it soon. I know thats a lot of molding stuff, but again, I doubt anybody else will do all that to their car. I'm kinda scared it will look like overkill tho...
Old 04-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Suzuka Master

I think it will look overkill because it is already more than I would do. But to each their own.

I hate the one moldings. They sit too high and the fact that they put the same ones on like 3 different acuras upsets me. I don't like oem universal parts. I like fabbing oem parts to be universal... but I don't like oem parts made to fit a lot of cares because then you see them a lot more.

The chrome ones I'd consider. The oem color matched, fuck no. Just me.

I have considered the cf pillars even on my car. I don't see the gloss black standing out much. I have another idea for the pillars aside from cf chrome and gloss black that is much more vip.

But cf I have been contimplating.
There are certain things I do to my car I know I'll love because I chop everything first and do enough research to annoy my close car buddies.
Then there are other things I try I know I won't like but others love so I try just to give it a shot... I'll be doing this with some cf to see what I think about it. Like my reflectors. They ended up growing on me.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Some better shots of the rear after a wash.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:50 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
imo it doesnt look bad i personally am not into chrome accents but it looks good...

question how many time have you replaced your laminx fogs? have they burnt yet? mine burnt after 3 weeks once it got warm it was over
Old 04-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

What the heck, they burned? Man I was really looking forward to doing that, it looks good and its a little extra protection from rocks (not much maybe, but still).... Man, hopefully that was just random... Did you switch out the stock bulbs? If so, they may be warmer. Or Jon did you switch yours? Different bulbs could also be cooler temperature...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:42 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

no i was running oem bulbs apparently hids run a lil cooler at 35w so I bought my hid bulbs for a kit i had laying around took off the laminx and putting 3000k in
Old 04-27-2014, 10:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Fuck that sucks. Sorry to hear that! I'd contact laminx and see if they'd replace them.
I had oem bulbs for well over 3 weeks. Like around half a year. Then swapped to nokya yellow bulbs. No issues and it had been a year at least.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:01 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

hmm thats so odd.. i dono its wut evz i guess
Old 04-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by pockets
hmm thats so odd.. i dono its wut evz i guess
Yeah they are pretty cheap anyway at less than $20 a pop. But that being said they are so cheap the company should ship out another set just to prove they arent all that way.
Oh well. Ive been thinking about taking mine off for a little cleaner look when parked. I have the yellow bulbs so theyll still light up yellow like the Lexus I was trying to mimic.

Trunk tray peeking through.
Picked up 2 new beers and 2 of the same kind I know I enjoy.
The Rogues on the left was a new pick up. Double Chocolate Stout. 9%
It was eh. I think my taste for chocolate beer has been ruined by the Organic Chocolate Stout sitting in the middle. I tried this back when I first started craft beer and it blew my mind. At only 5% it isn't strong at all but it tastes amazing.

So as I stated, the middle two are Organic Chocolate Stout by Samuel Smith's. Great malty beer with some INSANE dark chocolate notes at the rear. I love this stuff.

The Lagunitas Cappuccino Sout is alright. At 9% it had a pretty good taste but it was a little too bitter for me. I am NOT a huge hops fan so it is hard for me to find a great beer.

For the record... great beers in my sheltered opinion are Victory At Sea & Sculpin by Ballast Point, pretty much anything Mikkeller or Evil twin, Great Divide makes an AMAZING Espresso Yeti and the Chocolate Yeti is pretty good too. Lastly Id like to mentioned a San Diego local and one from Japan. haha
The Hitachino Nest is an amazing Espresso beer low in alc% but great in taste. And the Stone Brewing Vanilla Bean Smoked Porter is fantastic.

Oh and...
Old 04-28-2014, 06:46 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

lookin good!
Old 05-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Cruisin'

Finaly
Old 05-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Nice! Are you on coils or springs?

Watch people think this is my car

Ive decided to hold onto my wheels for at least another year. May even wait longer now that I have found some decent FI kits for the R series.

Id really like to go a little lower though... Maybe an inch.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks I'm on Tein coilover, but i think i'm a little too low, may be half of inch higher would have been better. Take your time for the wheels, it's not easy to find something that looks and fits well.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Well it looks really good how it sits now. Im sure where you want it wont be bad either. Id say raise the rear a tad and leave the front. Half an in most!

You're making me consider taking off my yellow fog covers. haha Looks clean like that.

As for wheels. I am just an all around wheel fan. There are so many wheels Id consider rocking. I just got talked into putting more use into these while the car is still relatively new. They do look good and with a drop and some spacers look real good.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:13 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

thats a clean ilx chrisotop!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Suzuka Master

It really does. Not a fan of the spoilet. Never have been. But love the stance and the wheels are clean. Also not wheels I'd choose but they look great.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

hey john you should get the little trunk spoiler then. I think those look pretty good too. Also I just noticed that your wheels (because of the plastidip wheels thread) are like militari -ish color of white . No wonder I liked that shade of white so much! I was looking at different wheels too, not much of a wheel whore myslef, but I do really like ceratin ones like the enkei RPF1's. Man they look so good to me - plus they actually perform!. Saw a few in candy coats, like blue, purple, etc. Gotta say that even tho those colors are kind of a little too flashy for me, I they just looked really great. I think the matte color wheels in purple and pink etc look like crap tho. I dunno, its definitely car by car basis tho. I did see white RPF1's on some cars, looked great. same wheels different car, and it just didn't seem to match to me... I'm actually now thinking of getting wheels in a nice candy finish, but I'll definitely ask some friendly acuraziners for some photoshop magical help before I go balls deep on them... it's really hit or miss
Old 05-05-2014, 12:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Oh and i have to say that people starting to rock the 18's are starting to change my mind about the optimal wheelsize (looks wise).... 18 or 19 (depending on wheel face style/design) cant go wrong on this car. I would suggest NOT staying with 17's if you go aftermarket tho. Depending on the design of the face, the wheels may look kind of small. I went to the buddy club warehouse and they hooked me up with a catalog - SOOOO many cool wheels - form and function. They had a lot of options at 18' (performance) and only 1 maybe 2 designs at 19... wheel prices you cant go wrong either - 300+ a wheel for super light weight good looking wheels? WHATTTTTTTT?! I'm trying to find something that is classy looking but sporty, because the ILX build I'm going for is VIP inspired. Too sporty wont work for me, but I don't want huge, heavy staggered wheels either... decisions, decisions.... Im really curious what car my chrome stockies will eventually end up on too haha - like an old civic or something - probably look badass too
Old 05-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Cruisin'

aomechmarine : Try 370Z 19" wheel. They look awesome on accords.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Cruisin'

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...62934490_o.jpg
Old 05-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Suzuka Master

I had the cream or tan colored wheels a while ago. To tore that off and went white since then.

I liked the cream but most people hated it. Me liking much more than one look can easily change looks to what turns more heads. So I went white. Some people still telling me to go back to silver but I like the white a lot.

As for the spoiler I like the m3 style trunk lid. One user here has one installed but not posted pics yet. I just don't want to drill holes in my trunk. But the 3m m3 style deck lid (hahaha the 3m m3) but the double sided tape one WILL NOT stay on the car if my window visor wont. Plus I don't want to glue anything to the paint of the car.

I like the spoilerless look. Always did on civics and integras. Plus I love the design of our trunk. The lines are great as is.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Cruisin'

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's the trunk lid.

By the way, i think white wheel on a dark grey car is awesome and tha's why i took silver machined wheels.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

yeah I saw the Accord. But i don't know if that was the wheels making the car look good, or the car making the wheels look good on that one. There is a local shop selling those wheels tho, They are authentic Rays wheels from the factory. They sell them in chrome, black chrome, and i think one other finish.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Suzuka Master

That OEM spoiler is too much for me.

The hybrid has an alright one with a little chrome accenting.

Then spoilerkings makes an M3 style deck lid spoiler that uses a 3M strip of double sided adhesive.

Like that but not CF and made of the same rubber type material as their vip roof spoilers that dont tape down very well either.

Im against drilling holes into my trunk so the first two options are out. And the tape don't hold so the third option is out as well.

I really love the trunk lid without a spoiler. I love the lines.

The way the line from the rear window is continued it gorgeous. I don't care to break that.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Random recent shot of the ILX.

We have a shooting competition coming up so Ive been pushing all my spending cash into ammo. Wooo.

Two months and it will be over. I have so much in store once this competition is over and I can focus my free time and money on the ILX again.

Last edited by usdmJON; 05-07-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Dirty girl.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON

Dirty girl.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Looks great. The stock wheels look good how it sits right now, but have you considered getting aftermarket wheels?
Old 05-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 412 Likes on 194 Posts
^ doesn't look too dirty to me! Nice!

Quick Reply: usdmJON's 2013 ILX build