Ive Been Tweetered

Old 05-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am interested in this....

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...A3944%3A133276

It says resolution 1366x768 so is this a native widescreen signal I would be getting?
Old 05-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Banned

its from walmart and its a hyundai. check out the sharp aquos if you want LCD flat panel.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
The hyundai is made by LG
Old 05-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scrib

that's harsh

Well I am coming across as a dick, but I am telling this guy he can save 5k and have a MUCH BETTER tv and sound system and he is just ignoring all these facts. Its annoying as fuck and makes me not want to give advice to people. I tried telling him that I just went through the same thing. If I wanted to, I could have spent 80k on my Home Theater, the money wasn't an object. For this size range in plasma, there is nothing better then the new panasonic consumer I showed him, or any of the panasonic commercial displays. I looked at the panasonic he wants to buy and the consumer model i said right next to eachother. There was absolutely no comparison in both HD and SD material. Maybe he thinks I am the devil and I am tricking him into something.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Renegade
The hyundai is made by LG

like i said check out sharp aquos or the panasonic commercial 37" plasma. I think those are around 1400.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Renegade
I am interested in this....

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...A3944%3A133276

It says resolution 1366x768 so is this a native widescreen signal I would be getting?

1.77 yup!

just take 1366/768

i.e. 16:9 16/9=1.7777
or 4:3 4/3=1.33333

that'll display 720p no problem. definetly HD.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Originally Posted by JarodL
Well I am coming across as a dick, but I am telling this guy he can save 5k and have a MUCH BETTER tv and sound system and he is just ignoring all these facts. Its annoying as fuck and makes me not want to give advice to people. I tried telling him that I just went through the same thing. If I wanted to, I could have spent 80k on my Home Theater, the money wasn't an object. For this size range in plasma, there is nothing better then the new panasonic consumer I showed him, or any of the panasonic commercial displays. I looked at the panasonic he wants to buy and the consumer model i said right next to eachother. There was absolutely no comparison in both HD and SD material. Maybe he thinks I am the devil and I am tricking him into something.
you told me how to save $500 on a TV and maybe 1K on cables.

I stopped at looked at both the ED and the "HD" and the HD model looked better to me on both non-HD and HD content, so case and thread closed. By the way, you guys make great salesmen .....And you assholes have given me reason to stay away from forums....Thanks.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Suzuka Master

"assholes"
Old 05-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wsklar

I stopped at looked at both the ED and the "HD" and the HD model looked better to me on both non-HD and HD content, so case and thread closed. By the way, you guys make great salesmen .....And you assholes have given me reason to stay away from forums....Thanks.

I would bet it wasn't the model I showed you and you looked at the old model. You could buy the 42" commercial for 1700, thats 1400 saved. Another 1000 from cables. 1000 from buying that POS speaker. Right there we are up to 3400. Like I said, enjoy your TV. For 4k less, I have two better looking TV's according to every A/V person in the world, and the sound setups are much better. But don't worry you did the best job ever of pissing away lots of money on a shitty TV. Here is a trophy.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Banned

And if you are going to leave because of this thread then I will buy myself some drinks tonight. I would much rather be apart of a board full of assholes then retards.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

yup, we are all clueless fools. Same with all the people on AVSFORUMS who know a lot more about TV's than yourself. All of which have said the picture is better on the EDTV.

I don't like being called an asshole for your own ignorance. I don't re-call putting you down in any way or form. You are however welcome to your own opinion... I just tried to explain to you WHY the picture would look better. It is apparant you cannot comprehend the technology involed to make this decision.

At this point move on or shut-up in this thead... everyone tried to give you good honest advice. But you had your mind already made up because it says "HD" on it... even if we told you it caused brain cancer watching the set you'd still want to buy it...

I'll continue on my clueless bad salesmen ways, your continue in your ignorance...

enjoy your marketing "HD" TV. ta ta

As I said before enjoy your new TV when you get it.

to each his own
Old 05-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Racer

Just like I said earlier as someone who owns an HD Plasma (Hitachi 42HDT51), the HD version will most likely look better when displaying HD content because it will have an overall higher resolution however it will look worse while displaying SD (a.k.a. analog content). Plasma's are not by all technical definitions true HD displays, but with the scaling and conversion technology what it is you will get an incredible picture from the display (speaking specifically of my Hitachi here as I don't want to pretend that I know what all displays are capable of) and IMHO and speaking from experience you will not be dissapointed. The bottom line, go with what looks better to you and what fits in your budget. Also, make sure to shop around, but I have heard great things about the Panny's...

To all those that are so hung up on the technical specs, what do you say to someone that does not like the looks of a display calibrated to 6500 kelvin color temperature (which a lot of people don't) even though it is technically accurate? Are they wrong if they think the display looks great? The same applies to HD, do you really think the average Joe is going to know or be able to see the difference between a true HD image and a scaled or converted HD image, probably not...

A lot of things do come down to personal preference, maybe this is one of those things. All I know is that I am very happy with my Hitachi...

Last edited by PHUNBALL; 05-16-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by SiGGy
yup, we are all clueless fools. Same with all the people on AVSFORUMS who know a lot more about TV's than yourself. All of which have said the picture is better on the EDTV.

I don't like being called an asshole for your own ignorance. I don't re-call putting you down in any way or form. You are however welcome to your own opinion... I just tried to explain to you WHY the picture would look better. It is apparant you cannot comprehend the technology involed to make this decision.

At this point move on or shut-up in this thead... everyone tried to give you good honest advice. But you had your mind already made up because it says "HD" on it... even if we told you it caused brain cancer watching the set you'd still want to buy it...

I'll continue on my clueless bad salesmen ways, your continue on your ignorance...

enjoy your marketing "HD" TV. ta ta

As I said before enjoy your new TV when you get it.

to each his own
What i'm explaining is obviously over your head...or I'm not explaining it well... im out... I hope you enjoy whatever it is you purchase.

ignorance is bliss
Oh please don't make it seem like you weren’t putting me down. I promise that the info on this post is very complicated for most people here, and because we are not AV experts doesn't mean you can put the rest of the people down. I know more about Windows e-mail (Exchange) and Active Directory then you and most others here, but I never call them idiots because they don't possess the same knowledge. I have been very respectful to everyone here (until the end) and I expected the same. You go ahead and pick 10 random people and tell them that a Panasonic ED TV is better then a Panasonic HD (same series) and I doubt you will convince 2 tops. Also try to tell everyone on this forum who bought an "HD" TV with the same resolution as the one I got that they are morons and I would like to see what happens.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Go Giants

And if you are going to leave because of this thread then I will buy myself some drinks tonight. I would much rather be apart of a board full of assholes then retards.
No, I will be enjoying my nice setup while jealous haters like you will wish they had 9K to spend.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by PHUNBALL
Just like I said earlier as someone who owns an HD Plasma (Hitachi 42HDT51), the HD version will most likely look better when displaying HD content because it will have an overall higher resolution however it will look worse while displaying SD (a.k.a. analog content). Plasma's are not by all technical definitions true HD displays, but with the scaling and conversion technology what it is you will get an incredible picture from the display (speaking specifically of my Hitachi here as I don't want to pretend that I know what all displays are capable of) and IMHO and speaking from experience you will not be dissapointed. The bottom line, go with what looks better to you and what fits in your budget. Also, make sure to shop around, but I have heard great things about the Panny's...

To all those that are so hung up on the technical specs, what do you say to someone that does not like the looks of a display calibrated to 6500 kelvin color temperature (which a lot of people don't) even though it is technically accurate? Are they wrong if they think the display looks great? The same applies to HD, do you really think the average Joe is going to know or be able to see the difference between a true HD image and a scaled or converted HD image, probably not...

A lot of things do come down to personal preference, maybe this is one of those things. All I know is that I am very happy with my Hitachi...

Virtual rep points to you....
Old 05-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Suzuka Master

No, I will be enjoying my nice setup while jealous haters like you will wish they had 9K to spend.
jarodl lesson #1:

don't get into a pissing contest about money with him.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Just like I said earlier as someone who owns an HD Plasma (Hitachi 42HDT51), the HD version will most likely look better when displaying HD content because it will have an overall higher resolution however it will look worse while displaying SD (a.k.a. analog content). Plasma's are not by all technical definitions true HD displays, but with the scaling and conversion technology what it is you will get an incredible picture from the display (speaking specifically of my Hitachi here as I don't want to pretend that I know what all displays are capable of as some do) and IMHO and speaking from experience you will not be dissapointed. The bottom line, go with what looks better to you and what fits in your budget. Also, make sure to shop around, but I have heard great things about the Panny's...

I haven't even touched on your comments yet, but I'll start.

Yes, any person will easily be able to tell the difference between 1024x768 on a 16:9 vs 1920x1080 on a 16:9 display it's night and day.

Second your missing the fact that HD will not be displayed in 1024x768.. nor on your 1024x1024 display. WHY? because they have 1st down scale the resoltion, second they have to do a 16:9 to 4:3 conversion.

End the end you end up with a nasty looking EDTV image when you do the 16:9 to 4:3 conversion. Why does it look worse? because your doing image interpolation and stretching. Where as a native 16:9 resolution screen will not need any of this image manipulation.

your 1024x1024 screen has a 1:1 aspect ratio. That's totally jacked.

1920x1080 (1080i)= 1.78:1 ratio
1280x7290 (720p)=1.78:1 ratio

------ your plasma resolutions ---------------
1024x1024 (no standard exists)=1:1 ratio
1024x768 (UXGA)= 1.33:1

Both 1080i and 720p have to be converted with major signal loss to be viewed on either of those 2 non standard TV resoltions. Pixels will not even be square. Which is why it will look like ass in comparison to a 1080i DLP, CRT, LCoS/whatever TV which has a proper 16:9 native resolution.

And finally, not all SD TV is analog. You can send a 480p signal digital all the way to your cable box, and then digital to your TV. 480p which comes out of your DVD player on a DVI/1394/HDMI is digital.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Banned

Oh please don't make it seem like you weren’t putting me down. I promise that the info on this post is very complicated for most people here, and because we are not AV experts doesn't mean you can put the rest of the people down. I know more about Windows e-mail (Exchange) and Active Directory then you and most others here, but I never call them idiots because they don't possess the same knowledge. I have been very respectful to everyone here (until the end) and I expected the same. You go ahead and pick 10 random people and tell them that a Panasonic ED TV is better then a Panasonic HD (same series) and I doubt you will convince 2 tops. Also try to tell everyone on this forum who bought an "HD" TV with the same resolution as the one I got that they are morons and I would like to see what happens.

You sir, would make Darwin proud. I would be willing to bet Dave knows more about MS Exchange then you and whatever other cheese dick computer terms you spewed out. You pissed people off because we explained the FACTS very simply and showed you why the TV you want to buy quite honestly sucks. I am sure those 10 random people would listen to what the fuck were saying instead of sticking their heads up their ass and ignoring us. I will gladly make a new post telling everyone who bought a HDTV with a resolution the same as yours that they are a fucking moron. Any other requests?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Suzuka Master

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=itunes

jarodl vs gtkrockett
Old 05-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Banned

hahahahaha you fucking idiot. Yea, this cost less then 9k....

Hold on, let me go take pictures of my escalade, another thing I wish I had 9k to buy.

Last edited by JarodL; 05-16-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Suzuka Master

hahahahaha you fucking idiot. Yea, this cost less then 9k....

Hold on, let me go take pictures of my escalade, another thing I wished I had 9k to buy.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I could easily pick 10 people out and show them the difference. It'd be very obvious...

How do you know what I know about exchange? your arrogant, and ignorant. Do you know what I do for a living? and the scale of which I do it? Let me say my customer base is probably signficantly higher than yours. I have ran e-mail servers that host to 22 million people. Even helped redesigned/implemented a new system for all 22 m customers. Please tell me your experience...

I tried to explain to you WHY a 1024x768 screen will not turn out to be any better than a EDTV for anything 16:9 ie HD or DVD's. You didn't listen... Go on AVS forums. You'll find there is TONS of people who ALREADY say the EDTV looks better, for the reasons I TRIED to explain to you...

I did NOT call you an asshole. I did get frustrated with you, even applogized for my frustration.

I'm not going to compare $$ with you, yes I could EASILY afford a $9k multimedia setup. I already have more than $9k in just class-A amplifiers sitting around...
Old 05-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Suzuka Master

JarodL, you're nothing in my eyes until you have this:

Old 05-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Banned

well fucktard, i see you viewing the thread. i am waiting to see what else i can't afford. maybe your foot is shoved too far down your throat to type?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

well fucktard, i see you viewing the thread. i am waiting to see what else i can't afford. maybe your foot is shoved too far down your throat to type?

Don't get upset over this. Let it go...

As long as he's happy with whatever it is he chooses to buy, fine...

to each his own... Maybe one day all of this info will click.

I don't appreciate being called an asshole either; scew him and his arrogance.

i've got beer to drink and TV to watch for now.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Banned

Don't get upset over this. Let it go...

As long as he's happy with whatever it is he chooses to buy, fine...

to each his own... Maybe one day all of this info will click.

I don't appreciate being called an asshole either; scew him and his arrogance.
I don't care. I may post asshole things, or act like a prick sometimes, but I have never brough money into any comment and try to act better then someone because of that. That is completely classless. This prick did, before knowing who he was talking to and now he looks like an idiot and I plan on making that point. So, with 1/4 million in cars is there anything else I can't afford fuck nuts?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Racer

I haven't even touched on your comments yet, but I'll start.

Yes, any person will easily be able to tell the difference between 1024x768 on a 16:9 vs 1920x1080 on a 16:9 display it's night and day.

Second your missing the fact that HD will not be displayed in 1024x768.. nor on your 1024x1024 display. WHY? because they have 1st down scale the resoltion, second they have to do a 16:9 to 4:3 conversion.

End the end you end up with a nasty looking EDTV image when you do the 16:9 to 4:3 conversion. Why does it look worse? because you and doing image interpolation and stretching. Where as a native 16:9 resolution screen will not need any of this image manipulation.

your 1024x1024 screen has a 1:1 aspect ratio. That's totally jacked.

1920x1080 (1080i)= 1.78:1 ratio
1280x7290 (720p)=1.78:1 ratio

------ your plasma resolutions ---------------
1024x1024 (no standard exists)=1:1 ratio
1024x768 (UXGA)= 1.33:1

Both 1080i and 720p have to be converted with major signal loss to be view on either of those 2 non standard TV resoltions. Pixels will not even be square. Which is why it will look like ass in comparison to a 1080i DLP, CRT, LCoS/whatever TV which has a proper 16:9 native resolution.

And finally, not all SD TV is analog. You can send a 480p signal digital all the way to your cable box, and then digital to your TV. 480p which comes out of your DVD player on a DVI/1394/HDMI is digital.
The facts are there are not (to my knowledge, at least not in the realm of affordability) any TRUE (by your definition) HD flat panel displays capable of 1080i HD on the market today. With that said are you also telling me that with the conversion processes that I and most likely you do not fully understand it is not possible to get a near true HD picture on a flat panel display? Are you telling me that when I sit here and watch 24, LOST, CSI, and Various Sporting events broadcast in HD that my display really looks like crap, what I see is not actually there?

I notice you did not touch on my subject of color temperature, because it proves my point that a lot of things, however technically accurate they are, are still subjective. I am not trying to argue technical facts, because I understand them and understand their importance, I am just trying to illustrate that everyone is different, what looks good to one person does not always look good to the next person. I personally enjoy watching HD content on my display regardless of how it is achieved...

Note: In that context I was reffering to SD as analog, because the SD content I receive that is in 480p looks just fine on my display, analog is the only thing that does not look good.

Last edited by PHUNBALL; 05-16-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Go Giants

You sir, would make Darwin proud. I would be willing to bet Dave knows more about MS Exchange then you and whatever other cheese dick computer terms you spewed out. You pissed people off because we explained the FACTS very simply and showed you why the TV you want to buy quite honestly sucks. I am sure those 10 random people would listen to what the fuck were saying instead of sticking their heads up their ass and ignoring us. I will gladly make a new post telling everyone who bought a HDTV with a resolution the same as yours that they are a fucking moron. Any other requests?
Dave who? And Im sure...

Yes, please tell Azine that everyone who bought a TV like mine is a fucking moron....
Old 05-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Banned

Dave = Siggy

What about the stuff I cannot afford. Can you loan me some money?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Go Giants

Believe me, I can afford plenty.

Why is my foot shoved down my mouth? Because I asked about an opinion about AV stuff and didn't listen to you? Man, that is just so sad for you.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Banned

Believe me, I can afford plenty.

Why is my foot shoved down my mouth? Because I asked about an opinion about AV stuff and didn't listen to you? Man, that is just so sad for you.

You are the dumbest person I have ever met. You posted "No, I will be enjoying my nice setup while jealous haters like you will wish they had 9K to spend." Saying that I cannot afford 9k in A/V equipment. So I posted a picture of my porsche and I will be happy to go take a picture of my cadillac. So moron, like I said is there anything else I cannot afford?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Go Giants

I could easily pick 10 people out and show them the difference. It'd be very obvious...

How do you know what I know about exchange? your arrogant, and ignorant. Do you know what I do for a living? and the scale of which I do it? Let me say my customer base is probably signficantly higher than yours. I have ran e-mail servers that host to 22 million people. Even helped redesigned/implemented a new system for all 22 m customers. Please tell me your experience...

I tried to explain to you WHY a 1024x768 screen will not turn out to be any better than a EDTV for anything 16:9 ie HD or DVD's. You didn't listen... Go on AVS forums. You'll find there is TONS of people who ALREADY say the EDTV looks better, for the reasons I TRIED to explain to you...

I did NOT call you an asshole. I did get frustrated with you, even applogized for my frustration.

I'm not going to compare $$ with you, yes I could EASILY afford a $9k multimedia setup. I already have more than $9k in just class-A amplifiers sitting around...
You didn't call me an asshole, but you implied that I am an idiot. The affording 9K comment was not directed towards you.

And yes, I setup e-mail systems for large companies also, blah, blah, blah...
Old 05-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Go Giants

You are the dumbest person I have ever met. You posted "No, I will be enjoying my nice setup while jealous haters like you will wish they had 9K to spend." Saying that I cannot afford 9k in A/V equipment. So I posted a picture of my porsche and I will be happy to go take a picture of my cadillac. So moron, like I said is there anything else I cannot afford?
Well, you keep calling me dumb, so should I post pics of my diplomas and certifications???
Old 05-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

The facts are there are not (to my knowledge) any TRUE (by your definition) HD flat panel displays capable of 1080i HD on the market today. With that said are you also telling me that with the conversion processes that I and most likely you do not fully understand it is not possible to get a near true HD picture on a flat panel display? Are you telling me that when I sit here and watch 24, LOST, CSI, and Various Sporting events broadcast in HD that my display really looks like crap, what I see is not actually there?

I notice you did not touch on my subject of color temperature, because it proves my point that a lot of things, however technically accurate they are, are still subjective. I am not trying to argue technical facts, because I understand them and understand their importance, I am just trying to illustrate that everyone is different, what looks good to one person does not always look good to the next person. I personally enjoy watching HD content on my display regardless of how it is achieved...

Note: In that context I was reffering to SD as analog, because the SD content I receive that is in 480p looks just fine on my display, analog is the only thing that does not look good.
yes, there are LCD displays with that resolution. And plasma, they are VERY $$ and not availble at best buy.

Oh I dont disagree on color temp. It's like having a set of near field studio monitors that are +/- 1dB from 90hz to 20k. They will reproduce music as the original recording artist intended. However some folks are accostomed to hearing music way colorized, and they EQ it. Or buy speakers that have way too much bass or treble.

NOW, color temp and video resolution are two different things both are subjective. If I took a 1080 LCoS rear projection TV and his "HD" 1024x768 TV and put them next to one another with a 1080i signal going into it. The difference would be night and day...

In the audio world, this would be like listening to a 64kbit MP3 and a 320KBIT. 64kbit being his "HD" tv, and 320kbit being a LCoS 1080 TV. Difference is night and day...

Ya, analog sucks I look forward to the day the cable companies stop doing it for the low channels.

However I have 400+ channels, only 60 of are analog. 16 of them are HD (with only 6 full time HD)
Old 05-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Banned

Well, you keep calling me dumb, so should I post pics of my diplomas and certifications???

You just told me I can't afford 9k in A/V equipment, I posted 250k in cars. Answer that.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Banned

Guys, Guys, Guys....We need to quit all this Hateration and Holleration.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Moderator Alumnus

The facts are there are not (to my knowledge, at least not in the realm of affordability) any TRUE (by your definition) HD flat panel displays capable of 1080i HD on the market today. With that said are you also telling me that with the conversion processes that I and most likely you do not fully understand it is not possible to get a near true HD picture on a flat panel display? Are you telling me that when I sit here and watch 24, LOST, CSI, and Various Sporting events broadcast in HD that my display really looks like crap, what I see is not actually there?

I just wanted to add, the problem ISN'T the resolution here. It's aspect ratio.

1024x768 and 1024x1024 should only be used on a SQUARE 4:3 TV. PERIOD.

Both are NOT widescreen resolutions. THIS is where the problem comes in...

Do you see what I'm getting at?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Xenogen
Guys, Guys, Guys....We need to quit all this Hateration and Holleration.

why? this is like free stress therapy. I don't care what he buys, my intentions were to educate him on his purchase and ensure he was happy.

he's happy with the one he choose.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Go Giants

You just told me I can't afford 9k in A/V equipment, I posted 250k in cars. Answer that.
a) I can post pics of cars, doesn't mean I own them.
b) I dont care if you do or not
Old 05-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Go Giants

why? isn't monday, this is like free stress therapy.

Funny, its creating stress for me

Quick Reply: Ive Been Tweetered