Appliances

Old 09-20-2005 | 02:49 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by soopa
How do you get AEG branded stuff in Canada? I only see for UK. I want the coffee machine, doesn't seem to be sold in US under Electrolux brand.
Yeah I looked too. I dont know where to get it from. I'm getting the coffee machine too, I was checkin it out last month.

The AEG stuff comes with my new loft, so i dunno where to buy it, but im pretty sure I can find a link thru the builder. I'l let you know if ya want.
Old 09-20-2005 | 03:41 PM
The Creator

No biggie. I'll probably end up going with Dacor or Miele for the coffee maker... but let me know if you figure it out.
Old 09-20-2005 | 04:53 PM
Race Director

adam if you have space to spare, get this http://translate.google.com/translat...en-US:official (googlized translation)

Teppan Yaki top

if i had the space, and needed one, it looks like it would be used quite a bit.
Old 09-20-2005 | 05:01 PM
The Creator

The cooktop I've selected has a built in 10,000 btu grill that can be converted to a griddle. the griddle essentially accomplishes the same thing as a teppan yaki cooktop... a big, hot, flat cooking surface

If I had the space, I'd go for a built in deep fryer. Wolf has a nice one.
Old 09-20-2005 | 05:10 PM
The Creator

actually i think I'd opt for the built-in steamer... i'd get a ton of use out of this...

but, i chose the wine cooler over another cooking accessory... if i got rid of that i'd have the space/money for the steamer... oh well
Old 09-20-2005 | 08:43 PM
Race Director

adam, isnt this whole experience 100x funner than modding cars?
fuck man, i love this shit.

i wish i had more space..fuck.
Old 09-20-2005 | 08:46 PM
The Creator

yes, 10000x. cars pale in comparison. the TL will remain stock for sure. lol
Old 09-20-2005 | 09:03 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by amirsafdari
adam, isnt this whole experience 100x funner than modding cars?
fuck man, i love this shit.

i wish i had more space..fuck.
heh...the Tim Taylor bug strikes again... I have to agree, I wouldn't mind doing improvements full time or as a side job atleast.
Old 09-21-2005 | 04:46 PM
Race Director

lol@tim taylor
Old 09-21-2005 | 07:23 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Hey Soopa, I am in some what the same situation and in the same area - where have you found that has what your looking for in this area? I honestly haven't started looking because I am so busy with pre-construction planning. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2005 | 08:16 PM
The Creator

Countertops and Flooring at Adam Ross Cut Stone in Albany.

Applianes and Cabinets at Appliance Giant in Colonie. Yeah, I know, last place you'd think to look. They had a wide selection, the best prices, and the most genuine salesman (Mark).

Feiden in Latham had really nice shit too, probably the best showroom, but the salesman were cunts. I was about to hand the guy a $20,000 sale and he couldn't keep his eyes off my girlfriends ass.

I chose cabinets at Appliance Giant just because they gave me a nice package deal (beat all others prices and through in free $1200 dishwasher).

I shopped pretty much everywhere in the area. There are only 3 more places on the list to check out before I actually hand over a check... a place off Wolf Rd in Colonie (K&S i think is name), a place in Troy (MVS or something), and The House of Kitchens in Clifton Park.

Appliance Giant's cabinet division is called Camelot Kitchens, and they carry alot of high-end/trendy brands.
Old 09-21-2005 | 08:19 PM
Homeless

I wonder if they have a Camelot place near philly. Sounds like good stuff...and I trust you shopped the hell out of the prices. That's half the work.

Applianes and Cabinets at Appliance Giant in Colonie. Yeah, I know, last place you'd think to look. They had a wide selection, the best prices, and the most genuine salesman (Mark).

Feiden in Latham had really nice shit too, probably the best showroom, but the salesman were cunts. I was about to hand the guy a $20,000 sale and he couldn't keep his eyes off my girlfriends ass.

I chose cabinets at Appliance Giant just because they gave me a nice package deal (beat all others prices and through in free $1200 dishwasher).

I shopped pretty much everywhere in the area. There are only 3 more places on the list to check out before I actually hand over a check... a place off Wolf Rd in Colonie (K&S i think is name), a place in Troy (MVS or something), and The House of Kitchens in Clifton Park.

Appliance Giant's cabinet division is called Camelot Kitchens, and they carry alot of high-end/trendy brands.
Old 09-21-2005 | 08:27 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot
Old 09-21-2005 | 08:27 PM
The Creator

Yeah I got quotes from everyplace. Pretty much everyone was within $1000 of each other though, which was a big surprise.

Oh and for all your copper/stainless backsplash stuff... try Albany Restaurant Supply in Colonie on Industrial Ave... they will manufacturer anything you need.

The only thing I havent found is a place to get quality glass countertop for the bar...
Old 09-21-2005 | 08:47 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Yeah I got quotes from everyplace. Pretty much everyone was within $1000 of each other though, which was a big surprise.

Oh and for all your copper/stainless backsplash stuff... try Albany Restaurant Supply in Colonie on Industrial Ave... they will manufacturer anything you need.

The only thing I havent found is a place to get quality glass countertop for the bar...
I don't know exactly what your looking for as far as quality glass countertop for the bar, but I do know some people in the glass biz who always treat people fairly, and if they can't do it they will know someone who will. I'll get there number for you tomorrow.

Have you ever dealt with Northern Specialty metals? They are in Roterdam, I have ordered some 6061 1/4" aluminum sheets from them a while ago and they were great and SUPER cheap compared to everyone else.
Old 09-21-2005 | 08:49 PM
The Creator

yeah hook me up. no never heard of them... good to know...
Old 09-21-2005 | 09:04 PM
Homeless

Have you looked at http://www.mcmaster.com ?

Chances are, they have the copper backsplash for cheap, as well as the glass you need. It's like a supermarket for hardlines. My sister used to work there...place has everything from butcher block top to perforated metals(the exact same shit Grill Tech uses to make their grills, etc.)

As long as you have a business TIN, they'll deal with you.
Old 09-22-2005 | 08:11 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

The name of the place is Countryside Glass Company, they specialize in auto glass, but they can do just about anything. Tell them Tim from Kinderhook Tire sent you and they'll take care of you, they don't have a showroom they are a mobile type service. The number is 784-2880 or 872-1264 good luck!
Old 10-02-2005 | 01:32 PM
Burning Brakes

actually i think I'd opt for the built-in steamer... i'd get a ton of use out of this...

but, i chose the wine cooler over another cooking accessory... if i got rid of that i'd have the space/money for the steamer... oh well
Have you seen the Kohler sink with the built in boiler and steamer? We put one in our lake house and love it. One thing about the F&P drawer dish washers, which we loved BUT realized we didn't want them because there are so many things we couldn't wash in them due to height, since we entertain a lot more at our lake house we didn't want them due to that (went with Bosch).
Old 10-02-2005 | 05:58 PM
The Creator

Originally Posted by ilitig8
Have you seen the Kohler sink with the built in boiler and steamer? We put one in our lake house and love it. One thing about the F&P drawer dish washers, which we loved BUT realized we didn't want them because there are so many things we couldn't wash in them due to height, since we entertain a lot more at our lake house we didn't want them due to that (went with Bosch).
Wow. Great info. I didn't realize that Kohler had such a sink. (Probably beyond my budget at this point though...)

... and thanks for reinforcing my decision on the dishwashers