Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Tension with the wife

Old 10-03-2005 | 02:36 PM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by Whiskers
As far as your question, my personal feeling is that you (we) need to be somewhat obsessive about our goals, otherwise we may let ourself go (in my case, again).
totally agreed. Half assed will get you nowhere.
Old 10-03-2005 | 02:51 PM
I'm back, biatch.

I don't know too much about Whiskers and his wife, but I don't sense any marital problems. Whiskers is "in the zone" in terms of his body and what he wants to acheive. I don't think his wife understands that.
Old 10-03-2005 | 03:04 PM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by teg_to_bike
I don't know too much about Whiskers and his wife, but I don't sense any marital problems. Whiskers is "in the zone" in terms of his body and what he wants to acheive. I don't think his wife understands that.
As long as my personality doesn't change too much, I think we will be fine.
Old 10-03-2005 | 08:28 PM
Suzuka Master

If my situation were vastly different, it would just be that much more wonderful to share it with Scott.
Old 10-04-2005 | 03:42 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Originally Posted by Caliadria
If my situation were vastly different, it would just be that much more wonderful to share it with Scott.
Women Lie SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much
Old 10-04-2005 | 08:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JesusJuice
Women Lie SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much

Why would I lie? I have no trouble telling the bald truth about everything else on this damn board. If I won $150 million, that's great, that's a new house for us, and we can finally start working on all those cars we talk about. If I lost 30 pounds, that's great, I'm finally where I wanted to be... and he'll tell me how hot I am ALL THE TIME, too. Oh, and he is super competitive, so if I lost 30 lbs, you can bet your sweet bippy that he'd lose 40, just to spite me. So what's there to lie about?
Old 10-04-2005 | 08:30 AM
Suzuka Master

BTW, WS, you have SHAMED ME... someone forwarded this thread to me last night and I dreamed about how fat and disgusting I am, and how you probably would throw up if you knew what my body fat percentage is, and so this morning I only got one muffin instead of two (haven't had time to go to the store and get all healthy stuff, still at the mercy of the cafeteria right now), and I'm going to spend all morning figuring out a diet and workout plan.

Old 10-04-2005 | 08:30 AM
Go Giants

Im still trying to figure women out here.
-For a women to start dating you, you need to be semi-attractive, dress nicely, be in decent shape, etc. Then they will marry you.
-Once married, they train men to feel like their looks aren't that imprtant to them. So men buy into it, start eating more and stop exercising, start buying clothes at Sears, etc.
-Then the woman will occasionally complain that the man is dressing funny and getting fat.
-One day the man gets back into shape and starts dressing nice.
-Now the woman is concerned that the man is getting too attractive and needs to ugly him down again.
Old 10-04-2005 | 08:47 AM
Suzuka Master

-For a women to start dating you, you need to be semi-attractive, dress nicely, be in decent shape, etc. Then they will marry you.
-Once married, they train men to feel like their looks aren't that imprtant to them. So men buy into it, start eating more and stop exercising, start buying clothes at Sears, etc.
-Then the woman will occasionally complain that the man is dressing funny and getting fat.
-Now the woman is concerned that the man is getting too attractive and needs to ugly him down again.

In ALL honesty, in my situation at least (and I'm sure I'm not alone), it's the age old syndrome of "I don't have to try anymore." As girls and young women, we're constantly under pressure to be as perfect as possible, always with the understanding that if we are not perfect, no man will want us.

Once we find a man who wants us, professes undying love to us, and marries us, we no longer have to work on searching for a man to want us. So we relax. We tell you to relax. You shouldn't have to work if we're not, right?

Then we realize, hey wait, a middle-aged balding potbellied man isn't really who I imagined spending my golden years with... plus he's GOTTA be unhealthy (not really noticing ourselves and our uh... "post baby" weight). So we urge you to get in shape.

Then you get in shape and we realize, oh shit... he's looking pretty hot, and I still look like a whale! WTF, either I have to work out and resort to the tactics I used in my youth (which, by the way, made me ABSOLUTELY FUCKING MISERABLE AND I HATED EVERY WAKING MOMENT OF MY 20s), or else I need to convince him to get fat again so he doesn't leave me!

There you have it. Women explained.
Old 10-04-2005 | 08:51 AM
Go Giants

So whats the answer Adrienne? Once we get married, should we just become blobs?
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:00 AM
Interesting. Interesting.

BTW, WS, you have SHAMED ME... someone forwarded this thread to me last night and I dreamed about how fat and disgusting I am, and how you probably would throw up if you knew what my body fat percentage is, and so this morning I only got one muffin instead of two (haven't had time to go to the store and get all healthy stuff, still at the mercy of the cafeteria right now), and I'm going to spend all morning figuring out a diet and workout plan.

(a) you dont look fat or disgusting in any of the pics you've posted, so why worry about it?

(b) who gives a fuck what I think anyway?

(c) best diet plan = just purge after you eat your 2 muffins
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by wstevens
(a) you dont look fat or disgusting in any of the pics you've posted, so why worry about it?

Well, I'm not ACTUALLY fat and disgusting, but I'm in really bad shape, I have virtually no muscle tone, and probably 20% body fat. It's not about what YOU think; it's just that I didn't realize that some people felt that way, and now that I'm aware, it's going to haunt me until I feel as though I can pass muster.

And I can't purge... I throw up way too much for various reasons to start purging myself... I'd do nothing but puke if that were the case. When I die, people are going to think I was bulimic, but I'm not. I'm just very, very easily disgusted.
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:17 AM
likes it raw

Originally Posted by wstevens

Let's be serious, she's eating 2 muffins - purging isn't gonna help her. Maybe a stomach stapling.
2 muffins, Christ.
:shakehead
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:20 AM
Team Owner

Like I stated before this is not hard to figure out. If your spouse all of a sudden starts to look better, something is up.

I just saw it happen. A few months ago I ran into my wife's 26 year year old cousin. She has always looked good, but this time she was damn fine and I couldn't get out of my head for 3 days. I told my wife that something is up there. A month later I heard she kicked her husband out and had a new boyfriend.

Now you may not be up to something, but that is why your wife is concerned.
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:24 AM
Suzuka Master

In fact, I'm going to tell you my stats, just so you can say and scare me into getting in shape...

I'm 5'3", last time I was at the doc's office I weighed in at 155, but I was PMSing so I'd say I'm probably 150 in real life.

My measurements are 39-29-36. I'm a dress size 8, pants size 10. When sitting, my ass is about 5 inches wider than a legal pad is long. (I don't have a ruler so you'll have to guess how wide that is).

A typical day for me is two blueberry muffins, an ounce of honey roasted peanuts, three 20 ounce cherry cokes, a bowl of soup, two chocolate chip cookies, and either two slices of pizza, two popeye's biscuits, or a quarter pounder and half of a medium order of fries; plus my pothead snacks, which range from a tube of ritz crackers to two large bowls of honey nut chex without milk. Or once in a while, three slices of cheesecake. Not joking.

I haven't gained weight on this "diet" but I sure as hell haven't lost any, either. It is time to change my ways. I shouldn't be eating like a retarded college kid anymore.

Oh yeah, and I smoke between 10 and 15 cigarettes per day, and about 1/4 gram of pot each night.
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:24 AM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by doopstr
Like I stated before this is not hard to figure out. If your spouse all of a sudden starts to look better, something is up.

I just saw it happen. A few months ago I ran into my wife's 26 year year old cousin. She has always looked good, but this time she was damn fine and I couldn't get out of my head for 3 days. I told my wife that something is up there. A month later I heard she kicked her husband out and had a new boyfriend.

Now you may not be up to something, but that is why your wife is concerned.
So that re-enforces my point that we should all become fat blobs after marriage......
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:25 AM
tsxy

wstevens, I think that she should be more supportive of you. Your goal is a very positive one (yes becoming obsessed could be bad) but I think she is over-reacting. I commend you for your efforts. It is not easy to eat clean like that all the time. Maybe she is just mad because she cant.. it takes a lot of self control.

You can still eat clean but just have one or two cheat meals a week with her she should be happy with that
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JimmyCarter
Let's be serious, she's eating 2 muffins - purging isn't gonna help her. Maybe a stomach stapling.
2 muffins, Christ.
:shakehead

LOL keep reading, honey.
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:26 AM
Go Giants

Woah, you smoke pot every night
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:27 AM
tsxy

In fact, I'm going to tell you my stats, just so you can say and scare me into getting in shape...

I'm 5'3", last time I was at the doc's office I weighed in at 155, but I was PMSing so I'd say I'm probably 150 in real life.

My measurements are 39-29-36. I'm a dress size 8, pants size 10. When sitting, my ass is about 5 inches wider than a legal pad is long. (I don't have a ruler so you'll have to guess how wide that is).

A typical day for me is two blueberry muffins, an ounce of honey roasted peanuts, three 20 ounce cherry cokes, a bowl of soup, two chocolate chip cookies, and either two slices of pizza, two popeye's biscuits, or a quarter pounder and half of a medium order of fries; plus my pothead snacks, which range from a tube of ritz crackers to two large bowls of honey nut chex without milk. Or once in a while, three slices of cheesecake. Not joking.

I haven't gained weight on this "diet" but I sure as hell haven't lost any, either. It is time to change my ways. I shouldn't be eating like a retarded college kid anymore.

Oh yeah, and I smoke between 10 and 15 cigarettes per day, and about 1/4 gram of pot each night.
OMG

You need to call me. I didnt know you toked too (thats not why I want you to call me) but you know your diet is not the best and if you really want some advice I could seriously email you some stuff. PM me your email address
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Woah, you smoke pot every night

And yet, I'm not retarded yet! Just a piggy!
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by stphy32
OMG

You need to call me. I didnt know you toked too (thats not why I want you to call me) but you know your diet is not the best and if you really want some advice I could seriously email you some stuff. PM me your email address

I'm caliadria at gmail. It's no secret. I can be contacted via "caliadria" on most of the major email carriers; hotmail, earthlink, gmail, etc. My website is caliadria.com, I have an AIM screen name, etc. I'm not hard to find. lol.

I'm so embarrassed right now. I have NO PROBLEM admitting things like the fact that I wet the bed till I was 12, but admitting that I eat like a hog has taken a lot out of me.
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:33 AM
likes it raw

LOL keep reading, honey.
Ok, so you like food, who doesn't?

Once I stopped smoking (pot) I dropped 10 pounds or so - you'd be amazed how much those late night snacks add-up.
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:50 AM
Go Giants

I'm caliadria at gmail. It's no secret. I can be contacted via "caliadria" on most of the major email carriers; hotmail, earthlink, gmail, etc. My website is caliadria.com, I have an AIM screen name, etc. I'm not hard to find. lol.

I'm so embarrassed right now. I have NO PROBLEM admitting things like the fact that I wet the bed till I was 12, but admitting that I eat like a hog has taken a lot out of me.
Your website needs help.....
Old 10-04-2005 | 09:52 AM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Ok, so you like food, who doesn't?

Once I stopped smoking (pot) I dropped 10 pounds or so - you'd be amazed how much those late night snacks add-up.
yea, I get high everyday, I just don't keep junk food in the house cause i'll attack it late night. Right now my only choice for munchies are yogurt and grapes. Keeps me safe. It's doing that, that was probably the biggest factor in me losing 50lbs, cause i didn't exercise for shit.
Old 10-04-2005 | 10:02 AM
Outnumbered at home

damn that is a crazy unhealthy lifestyle.

I will say if you are not gaining weight on that diet/healthplan than losing weight should be a damn snap. Cut out the coke alone and you will probably start dropping
Old 10-04-2005 | 10:03 AM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by 95gt

I will say if you are not gaining weight on that diet/healthplan than losing weight should be a damn snap. Cut out the coke alone and you will probably start dropping

the coke will never go, i've been trying for 4 years
Old 10-04-2005 | 10:19 AM
likes it raw

Originally Posted by CLpower
the coke will never go, i've been trying for 4 years
You need to show her the numbers.

1 20 oz coke = 250 calories (100*2.5 servings)
3 cokes = 750 calories per day
3500 calories = 1 pound

So for roughly every 4-5 days that's an extra pound of weight to deal with --> 5-6 pounds a month. 60-70 pounds a year.
Old 10-04-2005 | 10:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Your website needs help.....

I know; I threw that together in about 20 minutes, just to give myself a presence. It sucks. I need help with that, too. First things first, though.

I have only had water to drink so far today. I have a severe caffeine-withdrawal headache. But that's normal. I will persevere.
Old 10-04-2005 | 10:22 AM
Suzuka Master

You need to show her the numbers.

1 20 oz coke = 250 calories (100*2.5 servings)
3 cokes = 750 calories per day
3500 calories = 1 pound

So for roughly every 4-5 days that's an extra pound of weight to deal with --> 5-6 pounds a month. 60-70 pounds a year.

I have had this much coke to drink since I was like 8 years old... and I'm sure as hell not gaining 70 pounds a year. But yeah, your numbers are scary.
Old 10-04-2005 | 10:28 AM
likes it raw

I have had this much coke to drink since I was like 8 years old... and I'm sure as hell not gaining 70 pounds a year. But yeah, your numbers are scary.

Yeah, it's basically in reference to calorie intake vs. burning, so there are obviously some other calories you're not taking in that balance it out.
But it's pretty messed up to think about it like that eh?

I used to drink soda, then diet, now I'm cutting alot of it out for water.
Got one of these and fill it up at work. One in the morning, one after lunch.
Old 10-04-2005 | 10:34 AM
Go Giants

damn that is a crazy unhealthy lifestyle.

a year ago, I would have not seen too much wrong with that diet. Now, it looks terrible to me.
Old 10-04-2005 | 10:36 AM
Team Owner

So that re-enforces my point that we should all become fat blobs after marriage......
If my wife cooked more, I would be. So I guess that's one good thing about marrying someone that can't cook that well.
Old 10-04-2005 | 10:39 AM
Team Owner

Study: Most Will be Fat Over the Long Haul
Old 10-04-2005 | 10:51 AM
Suzuka Master

a year ago, I would have not seen too much wrong with that diet. Now, it looks terrible to me.

The GOOD news is that I don't actually eat a lot of food (in terms of mass) each day. Most of those things are available choices; i.e. I don't eat two slices of pizza AND two popeye's biscuits AND a quarter pounder.

All told, not counting the pot munchies (which don't happen every day; most days I resist the pot-munchie urge), I probably eat the amount of food in one day that a healthy person eats in one meal. It's just that the combinations of foods and nutrients (none) that I'm eating are horrible. And I do supplement my diet with multivitamins and things, so I am getting SOME nutrition, but let's face it, not really.

Basically, I don't think it will be too hard to develop a healthy diet, because I'm not accustomed to stuffing my face; I've just been eating the wrong stuff. If I substitute the RIGHT stuff for the crap I've been eating, I should be good. I hope.
Old 10-04-2005 | 11:02 AM
Outnumbered at home

The GOOD news is that I don't actually eat a lot of food (in terms of mass) each day. Most of those things are available choices; i.e. I don't eat two slices of pizza AND two popeye's biscuits AND a quarter pounder.

All told, not counting the pot munchies (which don't happen every day; most days I resist the pot-munchie urge), I probably eat the amount of food in one day that a healthy person eats in one meal. It's just that the combinations of foods and nutrients (none) that I'm eating are horrible. And I do supplement my diet with multivitamins and things, so I am getting SOME nutrition, but let's face it, not really.

Basically, I don't think it will be too hard to develop a healthy diet, because I'm not accustomed to stuffing my face; I've just been eating the wrong stuff. If I substitute the RIGHT stuff for the crap I've been eating, I should be good. I hope.
Not sure about your logic there on the whole amount thing. From the example you put the food may not be that much but your caloric intake seems really high for a girl. As shown the coke alone is over 1/2 what a normal female should intake.

I think you just have a pretty damn high metabolism.
Old 10-04-2005 | 11:11 AM
Wants an M3 in

maybe you should cut these out
Old 10-04-2005 | 11:16 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Fixed.
Old 10-04-2005 | 11:18 AM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

I just decided that wstevens and I will dump the wives and marry each other. It's the only real solution.....
that sounds kind of hot can i move in and film for a reality tv show?
Old 10-04-2005 | 12:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Not sure about your logic there on the whole amount thing. From the example you put the food may not be that much but your caloric intake seems really high for a girl. As shown the coke alone is over 1/2 what a normal female should intake.

I think you just have a pretty damn high metabolism.

I definitely have a damn high metabolism. My "logic" stems from the idea that since I don't eat a lot of food anyway, when I start eating more healthily, I won't be as hungry as a normal fat person would, because I don't have to worry about decreasing portion size. In fact, I will probably have to eat MORE healthy food than I eat non-healthy food, in order to meet my 1500-calorie/day goal. So I'll probably feel full most of the time, and be unlikely to cheat, unless healthy food tastes like cardboard, which is possible.

Quick Reply: Tension with the wife