Intermittent Fasting - Page 3 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices
Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Intermittent Fasting

Old 01-14-2019, 12:53 PM

I've read some articles saying that coffee and tea "breaks" the fast because your liver is still processing something. In my opinion, that's just purest talk. For me I've had tea/coffee in the morning and I haven't had it affect me negatively. Like Doom said, as long as you're not drinking anything in high calories/sugar where your body can reach out for it to burn as energy you should be fine. Of course I'm no doctor so don't take my word for it, but my body has been fine with tea/coffee in the morning.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:48 PM
Stay Metal

I mean if it's working amirite. Some people take it to the extreme just to be extra
Old 02-12-2019, 03:53 AM

Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,235 Posts
How's progress? (For anyone still doing this)

Thinking back, IF worked better for maintenance than multiple small meals did. Or maybe I did both?

When I lift regularly my appetite becomes insatiable. But I'm a hangry bastard if I try to get by on small portions 4-6x/day. I find it easier to skip a meal than to eat less, like someone else mentioned.

My broscience theory is that you can only fit so much in your stomach in one sitting - having a reasonable breakfast and lunch don't normally seem to make me that less hungry at dinner.

By "skipping" a meal, you might eat a little more in another meal, but not as much as you would've had in total otherwise. Thus the caloric deficit.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:16 AM
Stay Metal

I have 2 co-workers that have done it and lost weight.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:06 PM
The Third Ball

Thanked 3,728 Times in 1,980 Posts
Originally Posted by Costco View Post
How's progress? (For anyone still doing this)

Thinking back, IF worked better for maintenance than multiple small meals did. Or maybe I did both?

When I lift regularly my appetite becomes insatiable. But I'm a hangry bastard if I try to get by on small portions 4-6x/day. I find it easier to skip a meal than to eat less, like someone else mentioned.

My broscience theory is that you can only fit so much in your stomach in one sitting - having a reasonable breakfast and lunch don't normally seem to make me that less hungry at dinner.

By "skipping" a meal, you might eat a little more in another meal, but not as much as you would've had in total otherwise. Thus the caloric deficit.
Still works. I have fallen off the work out wagon since the holidays...need to get back in the gym. But IF has kept me from gaining additional weight.