Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Women and the job market are heartbreakers

Old 06-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Women and the job market are heartbreakers

Why is life so difficult right now?

1. I'm at my current job and I really am trying my best to not quit, because I really
can't stand my job anymore mainly due to no good promotions in the testing lab, but yet I go to these job interviews for other companies for better positions, and try my best, but either the job gets filled internally or they get a more experienced candidate.

2. 2 different friends introduced me to 2 girls. one is 23 the other is 22, each has their nice qualities, but the one i prefer to try to get to know better and we haven't yet met in person. we've exchanged pics and stuff and got to talk to her on the phone, we talked for 1 1/2 hrs the other day, she told me that she would like to talk to me again tonight, well, called her cell # around 8pm, 4 rings to her voicemail, left a message, never got a call back! she's so easy to talk to, but why didn't she call back? i really like this lady.

while the other girl my other friend introduced me to played this game too, didn't call me back, but then i called her again 2 days later saying, gosh thanks for calling me back in a sarcastic way. but, she does call back now after i told her thanks for leaving me hanging. i like this girl too, but the first girl is easier to talk to. so, do you think i should also call the first girl again 2 days later and be saracstic again if she doesn't call me back?

Life is so complicated sometimes.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I guess it depends on her personality...
I usually don't bring in the sarcasm unless I know the other person can take it...then again..that's just me.

As with the job market goes...I know it's hard nowadays to find a job that you like...but I see it as if it pays the bills, it won't hurt to keep at it while looking for another job. It's much better to still be getting a paycheck and look for another job..than no paycheck and waitin for a job. Unless you can afford to sit around and wait for a job. Hell...if I didn't get my job currently, I'd be driving back and forth an hour each way and working 10 hour days for an amount that doesn't even equal half of what a starting mechanical engineer makes. Yes I know it's hard, but the job market will pick up soon and just have to keep your eyes open. Just hang in there if you can.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Race Director

thanks bro

kind of having insomnia now tonight due to that.

and we all can't blame bush for this lousy job market right?
Old 06-10-2004, 11:57 PM
04 remembrance

If life is difficult because of girl issues, then you yourself are a problem. What are you crying about? Because the girls aren't calling back?

Regarding your job complaints, keep your head up. I'll state the obvious, sometimes it takes a day, sometimes a week, and sometimes even a decade, but you'll eventually find the job you're looking for if you put forth your effort. So be happy and drive your TSX

--How was your "road" trip by the way?
Old 06-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Race Director

that's this weekend the road trip.

well, i can always try again with other ladies if these 2 don't pan out.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:03 AM
04 remembrance

Oh, my bad. Have fun!
Old 06-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx

there will always be ladies... I know I've stopped actively looking for a while...but when it happens it'll happen.. Enjoy your weekend trip!!
Old 06-11-2004, 01:10 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Job stuff has been bugging me for a while, too. I'm gonna be going to DC to interview for a number of different positions so that I can move to a new locale. It's been slim pickings so far, but the economy is picking up so keep looking.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:22 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

the women may just be playing hard to get, which while frustrating, makes a more interesting challenge
Old 06-11-2004, 07:06 AM
I'm allergic to bull

Just like xizor said, women like to play hard to get, which is really a dumb play. My counterstrategy is to call a girl intensively everyday for a week (of course, melliflous conversation), then leave her alone for a week. Though women love to play hard to get, they would be rather impatient and getting all irritated when the guy they like doesn't call anymore.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:21 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx

Do you work in Springfield? What type of testing lab is it? Crime? The Houston PD is trying to improve their lab standards and are looking to hire experienced personnel.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

I'd like to add "Philadelphia sports teams and horses" to the list of heartbreakers, please !

Old 06-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Drifting

Maybe "playing hard to get" isn't really a game per se, but rather just a girl's way of trying not to be "too easy." Yes, some women do play games for whatever reason, but most women are just worried that they are leaving the wrong impression. So we just sort of dip our toes in the relationship pool ever so slightly until we can guage the man's interest. And even then, it's hard to tell if the interest is beyond the "one night stand" variety.

Re: the job market. You are not the only one who is searching and coming up with empty hands. It is happening all across the board, on just about every level, to people that have decent connections, etc. My husband was laid off for an entire year and is just now starting from scratch in a new career track. It can get stressful and grate on your self-esteem, but you're definitely not alone.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Baka Unco

Be happy you've got a job at least. . . my roomie has been out of a job for over a year now after he was "cut-back". My job's up in the air as my company just decided to "outsource" the majority of the IT jobs, we're still waiting to see if the outsourcing company is going to hire us.

As for women, it sounds like you're young, you may just need to relax. I totally feel you about the whole call back thing. . . some women have these "rules" they follow (like you have to wait one day after a date to call back or you're too needy), one girl even told me she NEVER calls a guy, they have to call her. Anyway, just be yourself and don't press too hard, that be scary for girls too. Relax, be yourself and don't stress too much, sometimes when you're looking too hard for something you don't find it.