Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Splitzine

Old 08-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,414 Likes on 3,024 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
getting a reaction from you is all she's after...
Bingo... She's jealous and wants to lash out, and is trying to elicit some response, that's all she's after
Old 08-14-2017, 01:20 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
I don't thinks she's jealous at all.. I think she's immature
Old 08-14-2017, 02:13 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
not mutually sexclusive!
Old 08-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
Sometimes I wonder how many females make it through their twenties without experiencing significant mood swings or fits of irrational, self-destructive behavior, however so slight.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Originally Posted by oo7spy
sometimes i wonder how many females make it through their twenties without experiencing significant mood swings or fits of irrational, self-destructive behavior, however so slight.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:00 PM

Whiskers
Old 08-15-2017, 08:56 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,414 Likes on 3,024 Posts
Sometimes I wonder how many females make it through their twenties without experiencing significant mood swings or fits of irrational, self-destructive behavior, however so slight.
It happens to them monthly...
The following users liked this post:
Costco (08-17-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 06:58 AM
Safety Car

Received 811 Likes on 532 Posts
getting a reaction from you is all she's after...
I feel badly for her...mental health is no joke.
do not engage, do not reply... it will drive her more crazy. Must resist the urge to get the last word.
97BlackAckCL (08-16-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 05:19 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
The angry texts remind me of this

Old 08-17-2017, 05:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
psycho!
Old 08-17-2017, 06:36 PM
Senior Moderator

The fact she is Asian is too fitting.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:48 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Red face

Never sure what to say to a guy who's GF drinks to much, but maybe that (if you hadn't broken up already) that she should be careful not to abuse alcohol so much that she ends up having to give it up. Only reason I didn't become an alcoholic was, I didn't want to have to give up drinking - dunno if that makes sense?

Originally Posted by brian2
Cut it off now. It will never get better.

Do yourself a favor and turn yourself into an independent man before you start looking for another relationship.
It's always so much easier to find another girlfriend while you already have one - not saying that's good, just seems to be the way it is.

Last edited by Christopher.; 01-29-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:13 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Christopher.
It's always so much easier to find another girlfriend while you already have one - not saying that's good, just seems to be the way it is.
not if you're crawled up in a ball in the corner of your room crying into a pillow
Old 01-30-2018, 11:19 AM

that's because you have confidence since you are still getting laid...
same with a job, if you already have one you can be more cocky than if you have been fired and failed at 10 interviews...shakes your shit up...vicious cycle.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:39 AM
Safety Car

that's because you have confidence since you are still getting laid...
same with a job, if you already have one you can be more cocky than if you have been fired and failed at 10 interviews...shakes your shit up...vicious cycle.
nah... it's more primal than that... the women, they can smell it on you.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:57 AM

I've had success while single and taken...
I got game! They can smell it!

TylerT (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 12:04 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
As I get older I begin to see more and more parallels with my parents, who were basically separated but staying together for the kids. Funny timing on the bump, I am just about to call it quits on my relationship. I think I'm meant to be single, but dating sucks.

I am not married, nor do I have or want kids. Suppose that makes it a bit simpler.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:12 PM

I find that after 2 failed serious relationships under my belt...there were a lot of similarities in the failures because I wasn't introspective enough to realize my shortcomings...instead I focused on their shortcomings and tended to my hurt ego by reminding myself of all my strengths.

Your strengths might be what get you the girl...but working on your weaknesses are the only thing that will help you sustain it.

The idea that you'll have less nagging, more money to spend on whatever, more time to spend on whatever, be able to see so many more new girls naked...
it all fades away and you end up right back where you started. Wishing you had taken the time to make the castle stronger. You meet someone that makes you
face yourself...it'll make you want to run from it, but if they are worth it...stick around and make it work. After 6 months, it's always the same harsh reality no matter what.
If you are someone that values longevity and sharing experiences and life with someone...
The following 2 users liked this post by rockstar143:
Costco (01-31-2018), RPhilMan1 (06-03-2019)
Old 01-30-2018, 12:14 PM
Pro

Single: Girl's reaction to me "ewe, why are you looking at me creep"

Not Single: Girl's reaction to me: "oh gosh, so sorry I have pants on in your presence, I'll take them off right away sir!"

Slightly exaggerated, perhaps, but sometimes that's almost what it felt like - one example was: going from being the shy lonely nerd to having to tell the hottest girl I'd ever seen in my life, that I wanted to talk to another (almost as hot) girl that I had just been hanging out with first, that she wouldn't be upset - the next day she tells me "I talked to her for you, she's OK with us, you know..." so we drive to a gas station to buy some condoms and I ask for a 3-pack and she gets all mad at me :P That may be the only time that a woman getting mad at me was really cool and just made me smile...

Now I've been married for more than a decade, I've gotten fatter, and uglier - but I was out to lunch with an old co-worker and, as always, I stare at the pretty young women. So she stops, turns around and pretends to look at a poster add (which is obviously not the least bit interesting) practically putting her ass in my face. She stands there long enough to give me a chance to say something - but I don't because I'm married, so she looks back as she leaves and I give her a "polite" smile. And another time, I'm just cruising for a parking spot at the supermarket and this milf in yoga pants just nods her head "yes" when I smile at her as I drive past. She either really likes Acuras, or, it's my "I don't care" attitude, not sure which. Because it's not my handsomeness! :P (Years ago I used to be really really fit, but now I look more like a bulldog than Brad Pitt).
Old 01-30-2018, 12:16 PM

probably the type s badge. probably.
Flipster23 (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 12:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
probably the type s badge. probably.
Mother...... I was about to say that.
rockstar143 (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 12:18 PM
Team Owner

Chicks love bulldogs.

Lil' Frenchie.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:30 PM
Pro

The girls I've hooked up with have just about always "had problems" - been raped in the past, or otherwise emotionally abused - perhaps I "set my sights too high" (how they looked, so, they had to be flawed in some other area), I rarely had luck trying to date "normal, well adjusted" girls. So, I fell for the ones that looked incredibly good on the outside, but inside were "fixer uppers". Thing is, I guess you can't really "fix" broken people.

So, back to the O.P.s original post topics, and how I can relate to "hysterical woman syndrome":

But, despite all the normal advice which is always "get away while you still can", I don't regret "toughing it out", being strong, and seeing the good in her no matter how "broken" the bad/hurt part is. I "let" her abuse me - people say "it's not gonna change", well, actually, the wounds do mostly heal, eventually, even if some hurt takes decades to get over. What some people call "crazy" isn't always a condition that means a person should be in a mental institute, sometimes people have gotten PTSD, have panic attacks, have trust issues, but really are a "diamond in the rough" - you just have to realize that "rough" will never completely go away, and the wounds that are that deep, can never completely heal.

When it's the guy that's damaged, and abusive to a woman, she may be smaller, and weaker, and just shouldn't try to "be strong", I guess?

I've taken a lot of pain, and it's never going to all go away - but in a way, it's like I'm sharing her burden, and she's never hurt our two wonderful kids - the "cycle of abuse" has been broken, it's hurt me, but I want our kids to grow up with two parents, no matter how much pain I have to endure. People say stuff to us like "you guys should have more kids!", I even had one mom say to me "I wish I could have kids like yours" and I think her son could hear her! One day at school I heard a girl ask her mom: "is xxx (my son) the cutest boy in the world?" and every year he gets 99% on those state tests. Does every parent want their kids to make up for their own flaws, to be what they couldn't, to succeed where they failed? I know that I need to just help them, as best I can, be who they want to me, not who I want them to be.

(most) Relationships are hard. People are advising OP first to "get away while he can" and then to "stay away, far far away". Well, maybe it's too late for them, or, maybe, if they'd had children, they could have focused on the kids more than each other's problems? I'm not saying they should get back together, just that probably he will know best, if he's taken some time away from her and really thought about it.

My first GF many years ago was basically only 100% kind, beautiful, never wanted to argue. I guess I thought all relationships were supposed to be that easy. So, for while, I'd just say "OK bye" if I ever got into an argument with a girl. I figured, if you argue, well you're just not a match for each other. Eventually, I realized that was wrong, and finding a girl you love and never argue with, is ridiculously unlikely. Perhaps possible for some lucky few...

Last edited by Christopher.; 01-30-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:36 PM

I find that people that go through hardship growing up tend to end up being exceptional people later in life...maybe not implicitly...but the exceptional people in my life have always faced some sort of adversity.
I too have rarely known or dated any girl that didn't have SOMETHING happen to them that wasn't welcome...

Chris, curious...did you marry a fixer upper or did that always fall apart and wife ended up being a well adjusted one from a good home?
Old 01-30-2018, 12:58 PM
Pro

Chris, curious...did you marry a fixer upper or did that always fall apart and wife ended up being a well adjusted one from a good home?
In Japan, until recently, when a child was beaten to death by their parents it was considered "a family matter, not something for police to get involved with" - I'll answer your question just by saying that she survived what others, not so tough, would not have. She's very smart, and the most hard working person I've ever known, also, when I look at myself in the mirror, it's sometimes hard to believe how beautiful my our kids are. Her great grandfather was a samurai (I guess that's not terribly rare, among Japanese though?)
Old 01-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
interdasting..
Old 01-30-2018, 01:02 PM

hmmm...
wasn't looking to pry, was just wondering if you stuck it out and made it work with a toughie...or you married a girl with an easy childhood with parents that stayed married and were emotionally balanced.
Just curious.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:04 PM
Team Owner

Horry Shit.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Pro

hmmm...
wasn't looking to pry, was just wondering if you stuck it out and made it work with a toughie...or you married a girl with an easy childhood with parents that stayed married and were emotionally balanced.
Just curious.
You know that movie "300", where the Spartans throw their boy out into the woods and it's either "bring home a slain wolf, or don't come home"? Is that kinda what you mean by "toughie"?

In my case, I think I only survived to adulthood through copious quantities of dumb luck piled on top perhaps slightly more mental toughness than the average person. Started early - at age one I had to go to the hospital for asthma and they put me in an "oxygen tent". At age 4, I stuck a paper clip into an electrical outlet, I inserted BOTH ends and the paperclip literally blew up, leaving a black circle of soot around the outlet, blew my hair back, and left a little soot on my face, as I had been observing closely. I also happened to be doing that at the top of the stairs, and it knocked me backwards. Somehow, I managed not to tumble down the stairs. Then, at age 10 I made a flame thrower using a big old fashioned bug sprayer and the front part of an "alcohol torch" - that thing was monstrous, made 10 feet long ROARING flames (way better than the one Elon Musk is selling) the list goes on and on, and on...

As to my wife, I don't really wanna talk about what she went through, but imagine something like the process that makes those tough 1,000 layer folded katanas I guess?

Last edited by Christopher.; 01-30-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:04 PM
Senior Moderator

PTSD is very real, and I fear it is much more prevalent than we want to acknowledge. It’s far too easy to write off someone entirely when, in reality, their situation was imposed on them by someone else, and they don’t have the resources to make it better alone.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:15 PM
Pro

PTSD is very real, and I fear it is much more prevalent than we want to acknowledge. It’s far too easy to write off someone entirely when, in reality, their situation was imposed on them by someone else, and they don’t have the resources to make it better alone.
I imagine that most people living with someone who suffers from PTSD feel this way: as much as they hurt you with their anger, it hurts more, that you can't take away their pain - you can't just hold them and say "it's gonna be OK", you have to weather the storm and try not to fight back.

I almost lost her once, before I understood - I had upset her and I didn't know why she was "going crazy" (that's how I felt, at that time) - I got angry - she got scared and ran off in the middle of the night - out into the streets of New York City. I realized what had happened too late to run after her, she was gone. I think that was the worst night of my life, worried sick she wouldn't come back.

It seems to me, that most people, if they were talking to me back then, might same something like "it's only going to get worse" etc. While in fact, the opposite is true, she still gets angry sometimes, and it's stressful for me, but never again was it that bad - if one of us has to leave, I go outside. Also, I think it helps that we really don't want to fight in front of the kids.

Last edited by Christopher.; 01-30-2018 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Costco
As I get older I begin to see more and more parallels with my parents, who were basically separated but staying together for the kids. Funny timing on the bump, I am just about to call it quits on my relationship. I think I'm meant to be single, but dating sucks.

I am not married, nor do I have or want kids. Suppose that makes it a bit simpler.
WTPho Costco, what's going on mang? I'm here for you bronamath.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:39 AM

Got it Chris...you're a tough sumbitch.
You'd have to be to survive around here.

Yeah, was curious about her and you sticking it out with her through her demons to have a successful life and relationship. Glad to hear it worked out.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Christopher.
I imagine that most people living with someone who suffers from PTSD feel this way: as much as they hurt you with their anger, it hurts more, that you can't take away their pain - you can't just hold them and say "it's gonna be OK", you have to weather the storm and try not to fight back.

I almost lost her once, before I understood - I had upset her and I didn't know why she was "going crazy" (that's how I felt, at that time) - I got angry - she got scared and ran off in the middle of the night - out into the streets of New York City. I realized what had happened too late to run after her, she was gone. I think that was the worst night of my life, worried sick she wouldn't come back.

It seems to me, that most people, if they were talking to me back then, might same something like "it's only going to get worse" etc. While in fact, the opposite is true, she still gets angry sometimes, and it's stressful for me, but never again was it that bad - if one of us has to leave, I go outside. Also, I think it helps that we really don't want to fight in front of the kids.
Sounds like we have a lot of similar experiences.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,653 Likes on 13,892 Posts
I find that after 2 failed serious relationships under my belt...there were a lot of similarities in the failures because I wasn't introspective enough to realize my shortcomings...instead I focused on their shortcomings and tended to my hurt ego by reminding myself of all my strengths.

Your strengths might be what get you the girl...but working on your weaknesses are the only thing that will help you sustain it.

The idea that you'll have less nagging, more money to spend on whatever, more time to spend on whatever, be able to see so many more new girls naked...
it all fades away and you end up right back where you started. Wishing you had taken the time to make the castle stronger. You meet someone that makes you
face yourself...it'll make you want to run from it, but if they are worth it...stick around and make it work. After 6 months, it's always the same harsh reality no matter what.
If you are someone that values longevity and sharing experiences and life with someone...
Wait...dude. You're single again? Things did not work out with the GF...???
rockstar143 (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 03:19 PM

stick to merging H... shit mang
you can't keep up breh.. J a trail of broken hearts.. he still with gf
thoiboi (02-01-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 03:20 PM

No sir, that is still going strong.
I was referencing my ex ex fiancee and Betty.
Yumcha (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 03:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,653 Likes on 13,892 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
stick to merging H... shit mang
you can't keep up breh.. J a trail of broken hearts.. he still with gf
Whew.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:57 PM
Team Owner

Once she finds out about his secret love affairs with the dudes on here he will be single again.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:57 PM
Team Owner

He deleted his Grindr acct.