Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…
View Poll Results: Should I forget her?
Yes, toss her phone number in the trash
51.85%
No, give her another chance
18.52%
No, give her another chance but make her go through the effort of planning something
29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Forget her or not?

Old 12-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget her or not?

OK, all you guys out there, here's a question:

I was supposed to make dinner for this girl. We've been out three times before. At 5 p.m., she calls to leave a message saying she can't make it. So, more or less, she gave two hours notice and I just got back from the store to buy everything I need. I'm a little pissed because I think it's rude to cancel on someone that close to when you're supposed to meet, especially when I'm going to the trouble to cook. I'm thinking that if she's really interested in me, she wouldn't cancel. Any thoughts?
Old 12-14-2004, 10:07 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
I would give her a call and ask her if everything is okay (or whatever the reason was that she had to cancel) and ask her if she'd like to reschedule for another time. How she answers your invite should give you the info you need ---- whether she genuinely had to cancel or whether she was just disinterested. Don't judge the situation yet (until you get more info).....sometimes people really do need to cancel at the last minute, even though it is unfortunate. That is my advice if you actually like her and *want* to give her a second chance. If you aren't interested in her, then it's up to you if you want to bother with it.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:36 PM
Banned

I forgot to mention she said she couldn't make it because she had to be at work early the next day. Like, what, she didn't know that when I asked her the night before? We've only been out three times, but I guess canceling at the last minute and people who are consistently late are pet peeves of mine. My last girlfriend was like that and I hated it. I'm just wondering whether it's a legimate gripe or am I being to anal?
Old 12-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Toss her number out. It's a pretty clear message she sent.

If she calls back, make sure that you maintain the hand in the relationship. Ask yourself "What would George Costanza do?"

Mike
Old 12-14-2004, 10:58 PM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by svtmike

If she calls back, make sure that you maintain the hand in the relationship. Ask yourself "What would George Costanza do?"

Mike

she is a whore... forget the bitch and just hit on 'alleyesonme' like jatt's stupid lonely ass does (shamelessly, might I add).....

:'(
Old 12-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Indo... that was good

Points!
Old 12-15-2004, 05:05 AM
WDP Is Faster

If she knew beforehand that she was gonna work early..hell yea..dump her..she's so fuckin disrespectful.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

I voted for... "No, give her another chance but make her go through the effort of planning something..." you've only gone out 3 times... not enough to know that you are willing to stay with her for a long time... but its not short enough to actually be a fling... I say you make her feel how she made you feel... make her go through the trouble you went through... then i'll vote for "Yes, toss her phone number in the trash"... MAKE HER PAY!!! PAAAYYY I TELL YA!!! lol... like that she will grow up and be more respectful and think twice before cancelling again...

BTW: you were the first one to make her dinner??? make her make you some dinner... not just a dinner... Salad, an antre' the main course and the dessert... to be nice you can do the dishes... thats if you actually go... ***hint***
Old 12-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Awesome to the Max

i said toss her number...and make her come crawling back for you...pretend like you forgot about her
Old 12-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by svtmike

Mike
And what message was that exactly ? I sure couldn't tell based on the first post.
What made you so sure of "the message" ???
Old 12-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Banned

Thanks for the responses guys. Well, after I went out last night and returned home, I saw that she called me several times and left messages. So, I think I'll make her sweat it out and make sure, as George Constanza would say, "I've got hand."
Old 12-16-2004, 07:05 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
Fuck her then forget her
Old 12-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Toss the number. She's had her chances.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by age: 20
Toss the number. She's had her chances.
Originally Posted by age: 19
Fuck her then forget her

Originally Posted by TLover
Thanks for the responses guys. Well, after I went out last night and returned home, I saw that she called me several times and left messages. So, I think I'll make her sweat it out and make sure, as George Constanza would say, "I've got hand."
dude stop playing stupid teenager-romance games. seriously. or you be sorry.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:36 AM
TL = Tranny Lubrication

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's possible : She's Just Not That Into You, actually a book called

He's Just Not That Into You - By Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo (interesting book, my wife got this after watching the Oprah show - whatever! The book is pretty good!
Relationships are a gamble you get what you put in. Give her a second chance, what do you really have to lose? Remember two can play games, is it really worth it?
Old 12-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Kollage is funn!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alright, so if she called multiple times and left messages, she's definitely interested.....give her another chance.....but now she owes you....that's mean it's time to get some ass.

have fun.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by matelot
dude stop playing stupid teenager-romance games. seriously. or you be sorry.
Sorry to break it to you, but the games don't stop, because men and women fundamentally communicate differently, always making it hard to figure the other sex out. And when I said "make her sweat it out," I meant that if she wanted to go out again, she would have to make all the effort. Since 1. that would show she's interested and 2. she feels bad enough about what she did to go through the effort.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Drifting

Give her another chance, get over that you went through the trouble of getting things together. She could very well have a valid reason.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Awesome to the Max

just let her come back to you..play hard to get...it might work out.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by spooky3ce
I voted for... "No, give her another chance but make her go through the effort of planning something..." you've only gone out 3 times... not enough to know that you are willing to stay with her for a long time... but its not short enough to actually be a fling... I say you make her feel how she made you feel... make her go through the trouble you went through... then i'll vote for "Yes, toss her phone number in the trash"... MAKE HER PAY!!! PAAAYYY I TELL YA!!! lol... like that she will grow up and be more respectful and think twice before cancelling again...

BTW: you were the first one to make her dinner??? make her make you some dinner... not just a dinner... Salad, an antre' the main course and the dessert... to be nice you can do the dishes... thats if you actually go... ***hint***
lol!!! i agree!!! but if u want 2 make her feel worse, cancel out on her at the last minute!!! lol jkjk id never do thad tho i dont no how 2 cook.....
Old 12-18-2004, 06:51 PM

*sigh*

I can't understand why people bother playing games (as I've responded in other threads as well). Here's a really simple, to-the-point answer:

If you are interested in her and would like to see her again --- CALL HER (forget stupid 'prescribed' amounts of time that you "are supposed" to wait and JUST CALL HER ALREADY!)

If you are not interested in getting to know her any further, then DON'T call her and don't worry about it.

Doesn't matter what anyone else says about it --- the decision is yours....make it, and move on accordingly. Either you can really forgive or understand that she had to cancel last time. Or, you can't do that and you need to hold it against her forever, and need to forget about her. She's either worth it to you or she's not.

This is really pretty simple....
Old 12-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Banned

Honestly, I'm not trying to play games. I consider myself a very straightforward person. It was more of a question of whether I'm over-reacting in terms of getting upset about being stood-up, as I know I'm very anal about being on time and showing up.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:43 PM

Honestly, I'm not trying to play games. I consider myself a very straightforward person. It was more of a question of whether I'm over-reacting in terms of getting upset about being stood-up, as I know I'm very anal about being on time and showing up.
Well then - CALL HER! :P

Edit: The longer you wait -- the less likely it is that she will be sitting around waiting for you... what are you waiting for?? What will make you decide either way?? I get the feeling that if you were truly interested in her, you would've called by now.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by Street Spirit

Edit: The longer you wait -- the less likely it is that she will be sitting around waiting for you... what are you waiting for?? What will make you decide either way?? I get the feeling that if you were truly interested in her, you would've called by now.

Call her... get your on and leave... then you can wait to call her... its called... ... ... ... ... ... I don't remember but it has to do something with feelings... you transfer those feelings to her and then she will feel she needs to call you first...

I disagree about the teenage games being played... why??? because in every relationship that is starting out (called Dateing) these games must be played to see if the person plays your game to your rules... if the games match... they play and play until finally game over... the question is asked... (wedding)...

Still DUDE call her for some
Old 12-18-2004, 11:16 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Yes, toss her phone number in the trash near me.................

so i can call her
Old 12-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Street Spirit

I already called a few days ago. It's on, baby! For a lil and

Hey, Jatt, I'm in the beginning stages of dating two different women so I'll give you the number of the one I toss back. You like blondes? Or has Alleyesonme got you hooked on brunettes?
Old 12-18-2004, 11:40 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

I already called a few days ago. It's on, baby! For a lil and

Hey, Jatt, I'm in the beginning stages of dating two different women so I'll give you the number of the one I toss back. You like blondes? Or has Alleyesonme got you hooked on brunettes?

For the second time today jatt gets

~~~> = Jatt... about pics of alleyesonme...

Oh and congratz on the
Old 12-26-2004, 09:47 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
OK, all you guys out there, here's a question:

I was supposed to make dinner for this girl. We've been out three times before. At 5 p.m., she calls to leave a message saying she can't make it. So, more or less, she gave two hours notice and I just got back from the store to buy everything I need. I'm a little pissed because I think it's rude to cancel on someone that close to when you're supposed to meet, especially when I'm going to the trouble to cook. I'm thinking that if she's really interested in me, she wouldn't cancel. Any thoughts?
Now THAT'S ignorant! Seriously, two hours notice is plenty. I mean, you weren't about to embark on some extravagant 12-course meal. What's important is the reason she cancelled. I wouldn't let her out of it without a decent reson.

Maybe she saw your immature habit of toting out of context quotes from me around this Internet forum?
Old 12-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fast-tl
Now THAT'S ignorant! Seriously, two hours notice is plenty. I mean, you weren't about to embark on some extravagant 12-course meal. What's important is the reason she cancelled. I wouldn't let her out of it without a decent reson.

Maybe she saw your immature habit of toting out of context quotes from me around this Internet forum?