Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

PS3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma...

Old 08-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Money is funny.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
35??? hmmm...gotta take another quick runthrgouh...lol...whack the ass...got it...lol...

sonny, if you haven't played it yet, just go get it!!! and join us here when you do...you won't be sorry, except for the massive amounts of asswhuppin that game can dish out...
Old 08-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,792 Likes on 13,976 Posts
Originally Posted by poohlikeshunny
35??? hmmm...gotta take another quick runthrgouh...lol...whack the ass...got it...lol...

sonny, if you haven't played it yet, just go get it!!! and join us here when you do...you won't be sorry, except for the massive amounts of asswhuppin that game can dish out...

Indeed. Just remember, there is only ONE spot on the entire chamber for you to hit the boss's sorry @$$.

It'll take you a few tries to figure it out. But, after you get the hang of it, he's a pushover.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Money is funny.

Ah, one of those...the worms were like that onc I figuerd it out...and it STILL took me all those elixirs...
Old 08-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Ah, one of those...the worms were like that onc I figuerd it out...and it STILL took me all those elixirs...
Well, if you take my hint literally and do it right, you'll need no potions.

Sure, the standard avoiding and dodging helps...but, he's really easy if you find out how to get at him.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Okay...I've attempted to beat Nicchae and Ishtaros 12 times this evening with Rachel...still nothing. Best I got was to shave their health down to a third and near half respectively.

There's no way I can do it.

ANYHOO...on Chapter 16 now and I've had enough of lava pits and ice thank-you.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Money is funny.

man...you r talking about the missions I assume for Rachel? Haven't gotten there yet....cuz I've gotten to Doku on Ch. 13 (I think? or Ch 14...) and he is whuppin me seriously!!! I even mastered all of my weapons right before fighting him (even the wooden sword!!!) I wouldn't mind lava and ice right now....beats all the swimming!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Senior Moderator

man...you r talking about the missions I assume for Rachel? Haven't gotten there yet....cuz I've gotten to Doku on Ch. 13 (I think? or Ch 14...) and he is whuppin me seriously!!! I even mastered all of my weapons right before fighting him (even the wooden sword!!!) I wouldn't mind lava and ice right now....beats all the swimming!
Whoa. You maxed out the wooden sword?
I still have 2 more slots to mod.

Doku...? He's not that hard of a boss if you get used to his attack. I used the Dragon Sword against him and it was pretty much a hit and retreat tactic. Well, I should correct myself on how hard he is since he's the first guy that made me use up a Talisman.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Senior Moderator

And honestly, Doku's a walk in the park compared to what you'll hafta put up with in the ice and lava caves.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Money is funny.

Originally Posted by Yumchah
Whoa. You maxed out the wooden sword?
I still have 2 more slots to mod.

Doku...? He's not that hard of a boss if you get used to his attack. I used the Dragon Sword against him and it was pretty much a hit and retreat tactic. Well, I should correct myself on how hard he is since he's the first guy that made me use up a Talisman.
HAHAHA sucka!!! The unlabored flawlessness is pretty badass...but I still ahven't figured out how to use it...although it is way faster than dabilahro...

I leveld it up underwater with the 5 shark thingies right before doku...they give you 2k a piece so I went back and forth a lot until I leveled everythign up since doku whupped me...he's fast too...

you used a talisman finally??? HAHAHAHAH!!! I still have one left, but I am trying to keep it until the end of the game...

So the lava/ice is worse? man...how so? stages are ok for e for the most part..it's the bosses that get me...which is good...i like tough bosses..
Old 08-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Senior Moderator

HAHAHA sucka!!! The unlabored flawlessness is pretty badass...but I still ahven't figured out how to use it...although it is way faster than dabilahro...

I leveld it up underwater with the 5 shark thingies right before doku...they give you 2k a piece so I went back and forth a lot until I leveled everythign up since doku whupped me...he's fast too...

you used a talisman finally??? HAHAHAHAH!!! I still have one left, but I am trying to keep it until the end of the game...

So the lava/ice is worse? man...how so? stages are ok for e for the most part..it's the bosses that get me...which is good...i like tough bosses..
Well, if it is of any reference for you: the Dabilahro is my primary weapon when taking on the Red Dragon fiends. So, if the UF is faster than the Dabilahro, then you should have absolutely no problem kicking some @$$ when facing a legion of them (which you will) in the upcoming stages.

Thanks for the tip on the sharks in the elevator shaft. I may have to backtrack to there to get some $$$$ as I'm awfully low. The ice/fire stage has quite depleted me of my supplies in regards to health potions. And I'm nowhere near the $30K needed to upgrade to the next stage for the wooden stick.

I may have used a Talisman but I still HAVE two left...and I know I'll be earning another one soon in a Fiend challenge.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Senior Moderator

The lava/ice stage is bad because of the sequence of boss fights you have to deal with. You have basically 2 mini-bosses (if you want to consider them "mini") followed by a fight with the firestage's ruler at the end.

Although the fights are separated with some backtracking and etc., the entire stage is more or less a marathon and perhaps the biggest test of your abilities so far in this game. The best analogy would have to be the chopper, tank, radio tower stage where you had to take on 3 major obstacles...

But, in this case...well...let's just say some old friends that drove you batty in the sewers are back. And they are not even the final boss of the lava/ice chapter.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Money is funny.

Well, if it is of any reference for you: the Dabilahro is my primary weapon when taking on the Red Dragon fiends. So, if the UF is faster than the Dabilahro, then you should have absolutely no problem kicking some @$$ when facing a legion of them (which you will) in the upcoming stages.

Thanks for the tip on the sharks in the elevator shaft. I may have to backtrack to there to get some $$$$ as I'm awfully low. The ice/fire stage has quite depleted me of my supplies in regards to health potions. And I'm nowhere near the $30K needed to upgrade to the next stage for the wooden stick.

I may have used a Talisman but I still HAVE two left...and I know I'll be earning another one soon in a Fiend challenge.
ah...i sees....good to know. so far, the UF is about twice a fast swinging, but when you get into the combos, that's where it really shines...air combos with this thing are lethal!!!

Those sharks in the elevator shaft FTW!!! I leveled all of my weapons up in about half an hour at that point and loaded up on all the potions until I was practically maxed out on everything.

As for the sewer baddies...the purplish/blue fiends that gang up on you? I found that the flails' combos are awesome for them...
Old 08-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator

ah...i sees....good to know. so far, the UF is about twice a fast swinging, but when you get into the combos, that's where it really shines...air combos with this thing are lethal!!!

Those sharks in the elevator shaft FTW!!! I leveled all of my weapons up in about half an hour at that point and loaded up on all the potions until I was practically maxed out on everything.

As for the sewer baddies...the purplish/blue fiends that gang up on you? I found that the flails' combos are awesome for them...
Wow...that must've really downgraded your ranking at the end of the stage then. The rating of your Ninja-ness factors in the time spent as well as money spent. But, I think I have no choice as I do need some full-health elixirs as I'm down to 2 now with the Emperor's tower to go and um...Alma before that.

As for my comment about sewers. No. The fiends are easy as I've mentioned before with Lunar or Flails. You don't need to tell me what I've told you to do in fights with them. The enemy that comes BACK in the lava/ice stage is someone that drove you batty in a much worse way...and I'm talking boss-like.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Money is funny.

Wow...that must've really downgraded your ranking at the end of the stage then. The rating of your Ninja-ness factors in the time spent as well as money spent. But, I think I have no choice as I do need some full-health elixirs as I'm down to 2 now with the Emperor's tower to go and um...Alma before that.

As for my comment about sewers. No. The fiends are easy as I've mentioned before with Lunar or Flails. You don't need to tell me what I've told you to do in fights with them. The enemy that comes BACK in the lava/ice stage is someone that drove you batty in a much worse way...and I'm talking boss-like.
I haven't beaten the chapter yet, so i don't know how much i lost with ranking, but i'm sure it's alot! who cares, I got the fraternity paddle!!!

I think I know who you mean...boss-like battiness...plenty of that..lol...so Alma is coming up for you huh? aren't there like 19 chapters or some shit? lol..I forgot that you were the one who got me on the flails...
Old 08-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Senior Moderator

I haven't beaten the chapter yet, so i don't know how much i lost with ranking, but i'm sure it's alot! who cares, I got the fraternity paddle!!!

I think I know who you mean...boss-like battiness...plenty of that..lol...so Alma is coming up for you huh? aren't there like 19 chapters or some shit? lol..I forgot that you were the one who got me on the flails...
Worms, PLH...WORMS. I'll spoiler it for you just to let you know that those WORMS are back and breathing FIRE this time in the lava/ice chapter.

And they are only 2nd of 3 overall bosses you hafta fight in the whole chapter. After those guys, you still hafta deal with the cave's CEO. And well, he doesn't like his treasure being taken.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Senior Moderator

And for bleep's sakes...I couldn't believe I fought through 40+ ninjas and samurais to get a HAIR-DO for Rachel. Yup...you read it.

I love how she moves...but, dagnabbit...she needs a better weapon than that stupid hammer.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Money is funny.

Worms, PLH...WORMS. I'll spoiler it for you just to let you know that those WORMS are back and breathing FIRE this time in the lava/ice chapter.

And they are only 2nd of 3 overall bosses you hafta fight in the whole chapter. After those guys, you still hafta deal with the cave's CEO. And well, he doesn't like his treasure being taken.
oh...i dunno how i totally forgot about them...lol..they fuckin suck...man...pls tell me there's no more than two...some of these chapters are taking me two or three days to get thru now...

40 ninjas for a hairdo...nice....what stage? and and may I say that you totally yourself??? lol and yesthe hammer is the wrost weapon in the game. they should have made her use her titties as clubs or some shit...
Old 08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Senior Moderator

oh...i dunno how i totally forgot about them...lol..they fuckin suck...man...pls tell me there's no more than two...some of these chapters are taking me two or three days to get thru now...

40 ninjas for a hairdo...nice....what stage? and and may I say that you totally yourself??? lol and yesthe hammer is the wrost weapon in the game. they should have made her use her titties as clubs or some shit...
Well, put it this way...all of Rachel's enemies are men. WTF. All she has to do is lift her goddamn shirt and shake it a few times and while the men are gawking, beat them! But noooooooooooooooo...there's no such move.

As for the return of your fave "boss" enemy...well, if you read my post about them, was I singular or PLURAL about their return in the lava/ice stage?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Money is funny.

Well, put it this way...all of Rachel's enemies are men. WTF. All she has to do is lift her goddamn shirt and shake it a few times and while the men are gawking, beat them! But noooooooooooooooo...there's no such move.

As for the return of your fave "boss" enemy...well, if you read my post about them, was I singular or PLURAL about their return in the lava/ice stage?
NOOOOOOO!!!! Great so I have to fight 2 more of these bad boys...god damn it...I knew alma would make a return, but was not ready for the worms...tell me the patern is at least the same!?

I figured with Rachel's ganzongas being the size of doku's head, that she would have some sort of x-rated special move or costume..but alas...no such luck...
Old 08-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Senior Moderator

NOOOOOOO!!!! Great so I have to fight 2 more of these bad boys...god damn it...I knew alma would make a return, but was not ready for the worms...tell me the patern is at least the same!?

I figured with Rachel's ganzongas being the size of doku's head, that she would have some sort of x-rated special move or costume..but alas...no such luck...

Well, the thing is, the fight is easier because both worms share one health bar now...so, you don't have to take down both separately to win. The problem is that you need to budget and be relatively fresh from the previous boss fight as well as surviving the obstacles along the way from boss to boss. And also, realizing that you need to have enough saved (and hopefully money) to take on the cave's final boss.

And yes...the worm's are more or less the same...but...with a twist. You'll figure out the difference almost immediately. So, I won't give that away.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Money is funny.

Well, the thing is, the fight is easier because both worms share one health bar now...so, you don't have to take down both separately to win. The problem is that you need to budget and be relatively fresh from the previous boss fight as well as surviving the obstacles along the way from boss to boss. And also, realizing that you need to have enough saved (and hopefully money) to take on the cave's final boss.

And yes...the worm's are more or less the same...but...with a twist. You'll figure out the difference almost immediately. So, I won't give that away.
*sobsob* Oh well...I've done em twice, what's thrice? One health bar is much better though...sheesh...when I saw the two health bars the first time, I just sat there awestruck...lol...are there at least saves in between?

Hopefully this unlabored flawlessness saves my ass...lol..
Old 08-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Senior Moderator

*sobsob* Oh well...I've done em twice, what's thrice? One health bar is much better though...sheesh...when I saw the two health bars the first time, I just sat there awestruck...lol...are there at least saves in between?

Hopefully this unlabored flawlessness saves my ass...lol..
Bah, you'll be fine. If you wanna have -worthy WTF, wait until the two femme-Fiend bosses you get put up with when you play Rachel's stage. And don't worry, you don't hafta beat them...but, if you try, get ready for spankage like you've never had...

Dunno how useful the UF will be against any of the bosses. But, it just may be of a boon against those worms in regards to a vertical slam attack when they move in to eat you or slam you...
Old 08-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Tried to beat the two Fiend femme-bosses again last night. Still got owned...
Old 08-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Money is funny.

Bah, you'll be fine. If you wanna have -worthy WTF, wait until the two femme-Fiend bosses you get put up with when you play Rachel's stage. And don't worry, you don't hafta beat them...but, if you try, get ready for spankage like you've never had...

Dunno how useful the UF will be against any of the bosses. But, it just may be of a boon against those worms in regards to a vertical slam attack when they move in to eat you or slam you...
lol...I'm on rachel's stage now and just got the hairdo...total waste of time...lol...I can't wit for the 2 femmes though...after I realized how to use the UF, Doku was a cinch!!! 7 hits took him out, and four of them were in a combo!! Trick is to keep your half below health (when the kanji on the UF start glowing red) and that's what the UF is a freakin beast!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Senior Moderator

lol...I'm on rachel's stage now and just got the hairdo...total waste of time...lol...I can't wit for the 2 femmes though...after I realized how to use the UF, Doku was a cinch!!! 7 hits took him out, and four of them were in a combo!! Trick is to keep your half below health (when the kanji on the UF start glowing red) and that's what the UF is a freakin beast!!!

Ah...when you play tonight...you're gonna be in for a like no other. Those two boss girls are going to show you a level of bish-slappage and hurt not seen since...well, yeah...you get the idea.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Money is funny.

lol...since I told my wife last night that I am ghey...I mean...never mind...lol...

've been itchin for a good challenege since the worms...lol...not AS challenging though, but we'll see...after killing doku so quickly...it made sad...but then again, I much rather play as ryu than tits....
Old 08-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Senior Moderator

lol...since I told my wife last night that I am ghey...I mean...never mind...lol...

've been itchin for a good challenege since the worms...lol...not AS challenging though, but we'll see...after killing doku so quickly...it made sad...but then again, I much rather play as ryu than tits....
Oh sure. RUB IT IN. Doku's easy now, huh...?!?

Good job.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

OMG. I used your advice to get extra $$$ in the water against the sharks...and sure enough, I was able to get the UF. But, after I finished the stage, I got a rating of Ninja Dog!

I've NEVER gotten a Dog rating.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Money is funny.

OMG. I used your advice to get extra $$$ in the water against the sharks...and sure enough, I was able to get the UF. But, after I finished the stage, I got a rating of Ninja Dog!

I've NEVER gotten a Dog rating.
Really? I ended up getting a master ninja rating anyway...maybe u just suck??? You'll be fine...lol....I noticed last night I forgot the hammer in ch 8 too...i wondr if i can get it now that the monastery is destroyed...

and those 2 fiends in rachel's stage...OMG!!! PLS tell me that it is impossible to beat them...I had to move on to the next chapter cuz it was driving me nuts!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Really? I ended up getting a master ninja rating anyway...maybe u just suck??? You'll be fine...lol....I noticed last night I forgot the hammer in ch 8 too...i wondr if i can get it now that the monastery is destroyed...

and those 2 fiends in rachel's stage...OMG!!! PLS tell me that it is impossible to beat them...I had to move on to the next chapter cuz it was driving me nuts!!!
Well, it was unlikely given the stage I'm on...there's really just Alma as a boss and the stage is "short". So, the time allowed to complete isn't that long. Factor in the fact that I spent 70K worth on upgrading the goddamn stick, you can imagine how my rating got sent to Dog-ness.

And as for the two Fiend ladies...well, they are supposedly beatable. But, apparently, we're not worthy.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Money is funny.

Well, it was unlikely given the stage I'm on...there's really just Alma as a boss and the stage is "short". So, the time allowed to complete isn't that long. Factor in the fact that I spent 70K worth on upgrading the goddamn stick, you can imagine how my rating got sent to Dog-ness.

And as for the two Fiend ladies...well, they are supposedly beatable. But, apparently, we're not worthy.
ah i see...you just backtracked, I thought you played the level over again...

and i assume you got your ass royally handed to you too? lol...they did it so fast...and I used all my health cuz I thought it was a legit fight...dammit!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Senior Moderator

ah i see...you just backtracked, I thought you played the level over again...

and i assume you got your ass royally handed to you too? lol...they did it so fast...and I used all my health cuz I thought it was a legit fight...dammit!!!
Yeah, well...there's a save point right before the fight. So, I just kept trying...lots. I was able to damage them...but, nowhere near to killing them. Holy...they are just beyond fast. With Ryu...maybe I'd have a change at them because of his speed and array of weapons...but, with Rachel? Ugh.

Well, in Fiend Awakening chapter, you end up pretty much right back in the city streets...So, you can easily make your way back to the cathedral and take the elevator back into the watery area to fight the sharks there. They respawn as soon as the cavern is out of sight...so, it was easy to just swim back and forth. But, yeah...Ninja Dog. And I absolutely demolished Alma in the fight too!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Money is funny.

Yeah, well...there's a save point right before the fight. So, I just kept trying...lots. I was able to damage them...but, nowhere near to killing them. Holy...they are just beyond fast. With Ryu...maybe I'd have a change at them because of his speed and array of weapons...but, with Rachel? Ugh.

Well, in Fiend Awakening chapter, you end up pretty much right back in the city streets...So, you can easily make your way back to the cathedral and take the elevator back into the watery area to fight the sharks there. They respawn as soon as the cavern is out of sight...so, it was easy to just swim back and forth. But, yeah...Ninja Dog. And I absolutely demolished Alma in the fight too!
ah yes...the blue elevator...forgot about that...I may have to go back agian to restock...lol...it's very easy to just fire off the spear gun and collect money...

but the two fiends yeah...ridiculous!!! what are you supposed to get if you beat them? Because it seems humanly impossible!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Race Director

well too bad i don't have a ps3 to enjoy this game
Old 08-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Money is funny.

BUY IT!!! totally worth it....this game alone has kept me very entertained..
Old 08-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator

ah yes...the blue elevator...forgot about that...I may have to go back agian to restock...lol...it's very easy to just fire off the spear gun and collect money...

but the two fiends yeah...ridiculous!!! what are you supposed to get if you beat them? Because it seems humanly impossible!!!
I'm done spamming for $$$$...I'll stick to just using Ultimate Techniques in fights.

As for the Fiends...I have no clue since I can't beat them nor will I cheat to find out how. All I can say is that I gave up after I lost count. I spent an entire evening attempting it and then part of another.

They are just too fast...but, if you can damage them, you can beat them...just like Doku in Stage 2.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Race Director

i don't have 500 bucks to spend on a ps3 yet. i already have a wii and xbox360
Old 08-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
i don't have 500 bucks to spend on a ps3 yet. i already have a wii and xbox360
Ah...then why are you so excited about MGS4...? It's for the PS3 right now.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Money is funny.

lol.... btw...fire dragon FTW...wow....
Old 08-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Senior Moderator

lol.... btw...fire dragon FTW...wow....

Not bad...but, he's still not the coolest boss you'll put up with IMO...yet.

Quick Reply: PS3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma...