Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

PS3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma...

Old 08-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Money is funny.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i thought the bone dragon was cool as hell, but that one was awsome!!! The big snowman thing in the ice cavern was cool...what a mouth!!! lol...too bad it was too easy...who do you think the prettiest boss is (graphics wise)?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,769 Likes on 13,963 Posts
Originally Posted by poohlikeshunny
i thought the bone dragon was cool as hell, but that one was awsome!!! The big snowman thing in the ice cavern was cool...what a mouth!!! lol...too bad it was too easy...who do you think the prettiest boss is (graphics wise)?
Oh...well, if I told you, I'd be giving away of who's left to come.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Money is funny.

Originally Posted by Yumchah
Oh...well, if I told you, I'd be giving away of who's left to come.
ah so i am not even there yet..oh well...almost. I hope the missions are worth playing, I don't want this game to end!!! It's too awesome!!! I'm starting to really like Kitetstu, but more than anything I am beginning to REALLY appreciate the double swords!!! pls tell me there's no more rachel stages..
Old 08-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Senior Moderator

ah so i am not even there yet..oh well...almost. I hope the missions are worth playing, I don't want this game to end!!! It's too awesome!!! I'm starting to really like Kitetstu, but more than anything I am beginning to REALLY appreciate the double swords!!! pls tell me there's no more rachel stages..
Rachel stages...? That I cannot answer, dude...so far, no. But, I haven't played since killing off Alma.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Money is funny.

Rachel stages...? That I cannot answer, dude...so far, no. But, I haven't played since killing off Alma.
WHAT??? BLASPHEMY!!! then again..me neither...I was playin wii last night so it distracted me...lol....btw is that a 911 I spy in your av?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Money is funny.

I am on the second boss fight with Alma now with her 6 legs or whatever....but she is too fast for me to get any attacks off cleanly before she grabs me and goes through the animation that really takes a lot of health off...what weapon did you use to beat her? the true dragon sword? and was there any sort of pattern you could find?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

I am on the second boss fight with Alma now with her 6 legs or whatever....but she is too fast for me to get any attacks off cleanly before she grabs me and goes through the animation that really takes a lot of health off...what weapon did you use to beat her? the true dragon sword? and was there any sort of pattern you could find?
Alma version 2 is a very fight with the True Dragon Sword equipped.

And the attack technique is the Flying Sparrow Attack when she is airborne. Then when you connect, she'll land on the ground and be inmobile for a couple of seconds...attack with a big combo. Repeat.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Money is funny.

Alma version 2 is a very fight with the True Dragon Sword equipped.

And the attack technique is the Flying Sparrow Attack when she is airborne. Then when you connect, she'll land on the ground and be inmobile for a couple of seconds...attack with a big combo. Repeat.
Everytime I do a flying swallow and land next to her, she grabs me and picks me up...doing that mid air throw thing and tossing me across the screen...am I getting too close with it? I was looking forward to an easy alma...not an easy ownage...lol...and looks like I missed a few fiend challenges too, so I have to go back anwyay....

btw: is that a TVR tuscan with red halos? those red halos look very sick....

Last edited by poohlikeshunny; 08-26-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Everytime I do a flying swallow and land next to her, she grabs me and picks me up...doing that mid air throw thing and tossing me across the screen...am I getting too close with it? I was looking forward to an easy alma...not an easy ownage...lol...and looks like I missed a few fiend challenges too, so I have to go back anwyay....

btw: is that a TVR tuscan with red halos? those red halos look very sick....
You just need to try it a couple of times...the boss fight is IMO quite easy--in fact, one of the easiest ones.

And embrace it cuz...well, the one after her is going to be a bitch-city. I keep getting my butt spanked and can't beat the boss without a drain on resources.

And yes, my avatar is a Tuscan.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Money is funny.

You just need to try it a couple of times...the boss fight is IMO quite easy--in fact, one of the easiest ones.

And embrace it cuz...well, the one after her is going to be a bitch-city. I keep getting my butt spanked and can't beat the boss without a drain on resources.

And yes, my avatar is a Tuscan.
dammit...once I figured out that you had to hit her from BEHIND with the flying swallow it became cake...i kept hitting the front which is why she kept grabbing me...but damn the next stage is a bitch!!! The very next fight with those 3 guardian statues was ridiculous!!! And now Ryu is cursed??? What the hell is going on...I can't even get through the regular baddies without using up all my health...and I see what you mean by the fish...WTF...the flails are awesome for it, but if you keep attacking to keep your ass from being munched, you miss a lot of the orbs that float around from previous kills...you really can't stop!!! man...but I did get through the maze and spectral doku...he was kinda easy with the twin swords...

tuscans are hot btw...wish i could have one...
Old 08-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Senior Moderator

dammit...once I figured out that you had to hit her from BEHIND with the flying swallow it became cake...i kept hitting the front which is why she kept grabbing me...but damn the next stage is a bitch!!! The very next fight with those 3 guardian statues was ridiculous!!! And now Ryu is cursed??? What the hell is going on...I can't even get through the regular baddies without using up all my health...and I see what you mean by the fish...WTF...the flails are awesome for it, but if you keep attacking to keep your ass from being munched, you miss a lot of the orbs that float around from previous kills...you really can't stop!!! man...but I did get through the maze and spectral doku...he was kinda easy with the twin swords...

tuscans are hot btw...wish i could have one...

That'd explain why you disappeared for the rest of the day!
Good to hear that you didn't have much problems with Doku...totally the opposite for me. He schooled me on two attempts. I still need to redo the fight because I would like to retain all 3 Talismens and had to use up one against him.

The ghost fish are easier if you know how to charge up an UT. If you time it right, you can UT the entire school of them and not get hit once. The problem is, it is a split second timing issue and if you don't activate your UT right away after the charge coming OUT of your previous UT, the fish will get you...

And yes, those statue guardians with giant swords were the mini-bosses I hinted at...but, they won't be the last time you have your hands full. Wait for the tower assault. Your fave enemies--the Red Dinos--are back.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Money is funny.

That'd explain why you disappeared for the rest of the day!
Good to hear that you didn't have much problems with Doku...totally the opposite for me. He schooled me on two attempts. I still need to redo the fight because I would like to retain all 3 Talismens and had to use up one against him.

The ghost fish are easier if you know how to charge up an UT. If you time it right, you can UT the entire school of them and not get hit once. The problem is, it is a split second timing issue and if you don't activate your UT right away after the charge coming OUT of your previous UT, the fish will get you...

And yes, those statue guardians with giant swords were the mini-bosses I hinted at...but, they won't be the last time you have your hands full. Wait for the tower assault. Your fave enemies--the Red Dinos--are back.
lol...yeah, I spent the rest of the night gettin through the next ch. since I was so surprised how easy alma was once i figured out how to hit her...that spectral doku was fast though, I may have beaten him so quick by luck...lol...I'll have to try that trick with the charge on the fish, but my most effective tactic was to use the flails until a swarm of them were around, then i used the inferno ninpo and they killed themselves flying at me (usually leaving at least one red orb to fill me back up....)

Those guardians were ridiculously hard, but fun as hell to fight. It was totally a one on one duel (at a time of course) and I liked the challenge involved in finding the right moment to combo them cuz they blocked like crazy!!! Man...not sure if I am looking forward to the tower assault or not since those three guys alone made me use 2 talismans, and ALL of my potions... Not looking forward to more red dinos....
Old 08-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Senior Moderator

lol...yeah, I spent the rest of the night gettin through the next ch. since I was so surprised how easy alma was once i figured out how to hit her...that spectral doku was fast though, I may have beaten him so quick by luck...lol...I'll have to try that trick with the charge on the fish, but my most effective tactic was to use the flails until a swarm of them were around, then i used the inferno ninpo and they killed themselves flying at me (usually leaving at least one red orb to fill me back up....)

Those guardians were ridiculously hard, but fun as hell to fight. It was totally a one on one duel (at a time of course) and I liked the challenge involved in finding the right moment to combo them cuz they blocked like crazy!!! Man...not sure if I am looking forward to the tower assault or not since those three guys alone made me use 2 talismans, and ALL of my potions... Not looking forward to more red dinos....

Whoa...the statues cost you 2 Talismens and all your potions...? I only used one! Okay...RE-DO FOR YOU!

Just keep in mind that you need your supplies back for the final stage. The Emperor is obviously well-guarded even if you already took out his best Lieutenant in Doku. But...I shall hint that ONE more Lieutenant remains...and you have not fought him yet.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator

I do hafta say though...that the biggest and baddest fight is near--the one I kept hinting at was the most spectacular...then again, I'm sure you can guess who it is against at this point.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Money is funny.

Whoa...the statues cost you 2 Talismens and all your potions...? I only used one! Okay...RE-DO FOR YOU!

Just keep in mind that you need your supplies back for the final stage. The Emperor is obviously well-guarded even if you already took out his best Lieutenant in Doku. But...I shall hint that ONE more Lieutenant remains...and you have not fought him yet.
Damn....I don't think i can go back to redo...I suppose it's too late to go visit older parts of the city by now huh? I'm sure I need to be loaded for the last stage....i can only imagine the end boss in a game like this...shit...looks like I'll be fighting lotsa fish to level up...and i suppose the final lieutenant is that winged gorilla like dude with the gnarly teeth? HA...he'll be my bitch when I'm done with him... I assume you came across these guys too....I need some advice...the black/red guys who spit some sort of beam at you and everywhere the beam goes a trail of fire follows....WTF??
Old 08-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Damn....I don't think i can go back to redo...I suppose it's too late to go visit older parts of the city by now huh? I'm sure I need to be loaded for the last stage....i can only imagine the end boss in a game like this...shit...looks like I'll be fighting lotsa fish to level up...and i suppose the final lieutenant is that winged gorilla like dude with the gnarly teeth? HA...he'll be my bitch when I'm done with him... I assume you came across these guys too....I need some advice...the black/red guys who spit some sort of beam at you and everywhere the beam goes a trail of fire follows....WTF??
Oooo...good deduction! Yessir...the gorilla-goat-like Fiend is indeed somebody who'll want to beat you to a pulp in the Emperor's tower.

As for the crab dudes who fire flames at you, you need to approach them quickly and don't let them fire. They are a big-time pain in the @$$ if you let them fire away at you. Deal with them first and quickly...
Old 08-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Money is funny.

Oooo...good deduction! Yessir...the gorilla-goat-like Fiend is indeed somebody who'll want to beat you to a pulp in the Emperor's tower.

As for the crab dudes who fire flames at you, you need to approach them quickly and don't let them fire. They are a big-time pain in the @$$ if you let them fire away at you. Deal with them first and quickly...
I'm on the tower chapter now and it is very tough...although I am missing one of my deities to enter the door after you get the key from the dying ninja...WTF???

although with the crab dudes, I learned last night that the double swords have an awesome move similar to the flying swallow and it works very well with them. As a matter of fact I stopped using the flails for the ghost fish too because the twin swords air combos with triangle keep me attacking all the time so they can't get a bite in...SUGE E!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Senior Moderator

I'm on the tower chapter now and it is very tough...although I am missing one of my deities to enter the door after you get the key from the dying ninja...WTF???

although with the crab dudes, I learned last night that the double swords have an awesome move similar to the flying swallow and it works very well with them. As a matter of fact I stopped using the flails for the ghost fish too because the twin swords air combos with triangle keep me attacking all the time so they can't get a bite in...SUGE E!!!!
You're missing a deity...?!? Wait...is this the one at the very top (roof)...? If that's the one, you're fine. But, if it is one that is locking you out from leaving one of the tower rooms, you have some serious backtracking.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Money is funny.

You're missing a deity...?!? Wait...is this the one at the very top (roof)...? If that's the one, you're fine. But, if it is one that is locking you out from leaving one of the tower rooms, you have some serious backtracking.
oh no...shit...i don't remember one on the top of any roof top...the last one i remember getting was the one on the pedestal right before fighting a boss (was it spectral doku?) I remember getting one for defeating the dragon too..shitshitshit...i hope i don't have to go far...
Old 08-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Senior Moderator

oh no...shit...i don't remember one on the top of any roof top...the last one i remember getting was the one on the pedestal right before fighting a boss (was it spectral doku?) I remember getting one for defeating the dragon too..shitshitshit...i hope i don't have to go far...
Nono...what I'm asking is, what part of the tower right now are you stuck at? If you're stuck in a room and missing a deity, you've got some serious backtracking...but, if you've already made it to the roof of the tower and are missing a deity, it's no biggie...cuz, well, you're just not looking hard enough to get the statue.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Money is funny.

Nono...what I'm asking is, what part of the tower right now are you stuck at? If you're stuck in a room and missing a deity, you've got some serious backtracking...but, if you've already made it to the roof of the tower and are missing a deity, it's no biggie...cuz, well, you're just not looking hard enough to get the statue.
uh oh...no...I fought the 8-10 red dragons on the first floor of the tower (right after you walk across the trippy path that turns upside down, and the door there won't open cuz I have only 4 deities...help!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator

uh oh...no...I fought the 8-10 red dragons on the first floor of the tower (right after you walk across the trippy path that turns upside down, and the door there won't open cuz I have only 4 deities...help!!!
...?

You're only supposed to have 4 deities. Did you place one on the altar after you beat all the dragons?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Senior Moderator

^ Edit: 4 deities at this point. By the time you reach the roof, you'll need one more. But, that's attainable on the...roof.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Money is funny.

...?

You're only supposed to have 4 deities. Did you place one on the altar after you beat all the dragons?

AH!!!! That makes more sense...I didn't see an altar...DAMMIT!!! I hope I don't have to fight those red dragons again...although once again, I found that the flying triangle attack with the twin swords is ridiculously effective...sometimes I mash buttons trying to pull of a combo and he comes up with some shit I have never seen before...

on a side note, how much more effective is the dragon sword for you? I notice that it's supposed to be the best now, but I see no difference reallyother than a combo or two in the moves list at lv 4...
Old 08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator

AH!!!! That makes more sense...I didn't see an altar...DAMMIT!!! I hope I don't have to fight those red dragons again...although once again, I found that the flying triangle attack with the twin swords is ridiculously effective...sometimes I mash buttons trying to pull of a combo and he comes up with some shit I have never seen before...

on a side note, how much more effective is the dragon sword for you? I notice that it's supposed to be the best now, but I see no difference reallyother than a combo or two in the moves list at lv 4...
Well, I know the Dragon Sword is my weapon of choice against the bosses at the top of the tower.

As for effective, it's as effective as it's always been I suppose. Medium in speed and medium in power.

@ you missing the altar. It's ONLY in the middle of the circular room.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Money is funny.

Well, I know the Dragon Sword is my weapon of choice against the bosses at the top of the tower.

As for effective, it's as effective as it's always been I suppose. Medium in speed and medium in power.

@ you missing the altar. It's ONLY in the middle of the circular room.
yeah if i have trouble with anything, i switch to the dragon sword....oh well. twins FW!!!

and yeah...let's not talk abotu this altar anymore...lol...I'll give you an update if I find it tonight...
Old 08-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Senior Moderator

yeah if i have trouble with anything, i switch to the dragon sword....oh well. twins FW!!!

and yeah...let's not talk abotu this altar anymore...lol...I'll give you an update if I find it tonight...
Well, it's a mixed blessing that you haven't gone up higher. Make sure...and seriously make sure...that you have potions galore and at least 2-3 Talismens. So, if you haven't gone all the way up, just backtrack to Tairon and go to the shop to buy some supplies.

The tower has Full Elixirs all the way up...so, you shouldn't worry about losing too many of those. But, keep in mind that you should have at least 5 before you enter the fight with the true boss of the tower. So, if you finish up with his lieutenants before that and are a few potions short, I urge you to consider climbing down the tower and buying s'more. And don't worry, once you beat the rooms, they will remain unlocked...but, the enemies will respawn--so, you can just avoid them.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Senior Moderator

And another thing: Just imagine each one of those cretins to be the racist fawktards who dared to touch you yesterday...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Money is funny.

Well, it's a mixed blessing that you haven't gone up higher. Make sure...and seriously make sure...that you have potions galore and at least 2-3 Talismens. So, if you haven't gone all the way up, just backtrack to Tairon and go to the shop to buy some supplies.

The tower has Full Elixirs all the way up...so, you shouldn't worry about losing too many of those. But, keep in mind that you should have at least 5 before you enter the fight with the true boss of the tower. So, if you finish up with his lieutenants before that and are a few potions short, I urge you to consider climbing down the tower and buying s'more. And don't worry, once you beat the rooms, they will remain unlocked...but, the enemies will respawn--so, you can just avoid them.
lol...I guess so...hahaha...I have to backtrack now and go find a shop...I need some potions bad....is it just me or do the little elixirs seem to be a waste now? 500 a pop and it barely does much for me..oh well...pinch hitters for the health bar...going up the ladder, are they bosses? or just huge groups of insanely tough fights?

btw, after we got home from dinner (indian rest. btw...no problems there...the irony!!!) i sat down for a bit with the game and just ran trhough tairon and cutting heads off of everything I could find...that game is very good for soothing your violent tendencies..
Old 08-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

lol...I guess so...hahaha...I have to backtrack now and go find a shop...I need some potions bad....is it just me or do the little elixirs seem to be a waste now? 500 a pop and it barely does much for me..oh well...pinch hitters for the health bar...going up the ladder, are they bosses? or just huge groups of insanely tough fights?

btw, after we got home from dinner (indian rest. btw...no problems there...the irony!!!) i sat down for a bit with the game and just ran trhough tairon and cutting heads off of everything I could find...that game is very good for soothing your violent tendencies..
The backtracked shop you should aim for is the store in Tairon. Just go down the palace steps from the main gates and into the city and through the big door and you're at his shop. BTW, did you know that if you hit the shopkeeper with a windmill shuriken, he'll yield a yellow orb...? You can only hit him 5 times or so before he actually will die thus ending your game...but, a cheap tactic to gain a few hundred $$$ if you're just a bit short.

And the mini-elixirs are fine. Although they don't restore much, they are still a boon in a fight...sometimes, I just need 2 mini-potions to sustain me to the end of a swarm which will probably yield another 1-2 blue orbs to restore me to full health.

The tower is easy if you know what is ahead...each room where you have to deal with Red Dragons and eventually the Crab Fiends are followed by staircase full of ghost fish. If you time your attacks right and such and spam your Ninpo, those fish will usually yield tons of health and even red orbs to restore your used Ninpo back.

Just by going with the laws of percentages, you should have enough red orbs from the killed fish to sustain you for the trek up to the top. At the top, you'll have a Team Ninja logo to restore ALL of your Ninpo slots and health. So, don't worry about needing to use a Devil Elixir. Then again, Ninpo is pretty useless against the Emperor and what awaits after him...so, who cares about keeping them.

What IS important is health potions and Talismens. You need to have as many as possible for the final boss fights (as I have said earlier)...and no, this does not include the fight with the final Fiend boss. So, after you finish off the final Fiend boss, you should still have full potions and Talismens ready for the Emperor and what awaits after him...cuz, no more stores once you fight the monarch.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Senior Moderator

^ One other thing, you should expect to descend the tower at LEAST once after you've climbed partway because you'll want to redeem your last and final Scarab for the final gift from the store.

And yes, by the time you climb up midway of the tower, you should have 50 Scarabs in total.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Money is funny.

The backtracked shop you should aim for is the store in Tairon. Just go down the palace steps from the main gates and into the city and through the big door and you're at his shop. BTW, did you know that if you hit the shopkeeper with a windmill shuriken, he'll yield a yellow orb...? You can only hit him 5 times or so before he actually will die thus ending your game...but, a cheap tactic to gain a few hundred $$$ if you're just a bit short.

And the mini-elixirs are fine. Although they don't restore much, they are still a boon in a fight...sometimes, I just need 2 mini-potions to sustain me to the end of a swarm which will probably yield another 1-2 blue orbs to restore me to full health.

The tower is easy if you know what is ahead...each room where you have to deal with Red Dragons and eventually the Crab Fiends are followed by staircase full of ghost fish. If you time your attacks right and such and spam your Ninpo, those fish will usually yield tons of health and even red orbs to restore your used Ninpo back.

Just by going with the laws of percentages, you should have enough red orbs from the killed fish to sustain you for the trek up to the top. At the top, you'll have a Team Ninja logo to restore ALL of your Ninpo slots and health. So, don't worry about needing to use a Devil Elixir. Then again, Ninpo is pretty useless against the Emperor and what awaits after him...so, who cares about keeping them.

What IS important is health potions and Talismens. You need to have as many as possible for the final boss fights (as I have said earlier)...and no, this does not include the fight with the final Fiend boss. So, after you finish off the final Fiend boss, you should still have full potions and Talismens ready for the Emperor and what awaits after him...cuz, no more stores once you fight the monarch.
I feel so warm after reading about the impending doom I am faced with...lol...I need to stock up on more talismans..

awesome tip with the store owner though! is it only the actual guy? or can you hit the statues too? And I assume the palace gates you refer to are the ones you unlock after the dying ninja gives you the key to the tower? Should be easy from there to find the story i would think..looks like I'll be doing plenty of backtracking...

and I have 43 scarabs now...am I missing THAT many??? How many are up the tower? Cuz that makes me sad...I thought I was very good about finding them all....I may have to find an FAQ for just the scarabs if I am short...I don't really wanna hunt through the entire game to find a few scarabs...
Old 08-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Senior Moderator

I feel so warm after reading about the impending doom I am faced with...lol...I need to stock up on more talismans..

awesome tip with the store owner though! is it only the actual guy? or can you hit the statues too? And I assume the palace gates you refer to are the ones you unlock after the dying ninja gives you the key to the tower? Should be easy from there to find the story i would think..looks like I'll be doing plenty of backtracking...

and I have 43 scarabs now...am I missing THAT many??? How many are up the tower? Cuz that makes me sad...I thought I was very good about finding them all....I may have to find an FAQ for just the scarabs if I am short...I don't really wanna hunt through the entire game to find a few scarabs...
Well, not impending doom...but, it will supremely suck for you if you're a few supplies short and up against the final-FINAL boss and then have to re-do the fight with the Emperor--not the mention the "fun-fun" stage after defeating the Emperor.

And yes, you only get yellow orbs from hitting the storekeeper--not the statues. But, keep in mind, you should only hit him with a throwing star or something like cuz anything else will kill him and you'll get killed as a result.

As for Scarabs...if you have 43 AT the tower...you're at least 6 short. The maze should've yielded just two and the tower itself has just one. So, by the time you finish off Alma Version 2, you should be at 47. I suspect you may have missed a few in the water stages...

Ah wells, the final gift is just a light-saber.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Money is funny.

Well, not impending doom...but, it will supremely suck for you if you're a few supplies short and up against the final-FINAL boss and then have to re-do the fight with the Emperor--not the mention the "fun-fun" stage after defeating the Emperor.

And yes, you only get yellow orbs from hitting the storekeeper--not the statues. But, keep in mind, you should only hit him with a throwing star or something like cuz anything else will kill him and you'll get killed as a result.

As for Scarabs...if you have 43 AT the tower...you're at least 6 short. The maze should've yielded just two and the tower itself has just one. So, by the time you finish off Alma Version 2, you should be at 47. I suspect you may have missed a few in the water stages...

Ah wells, the final gift is just a light-saber.
I MUST have that light saber...it is imperative that I find all the scarabs....after I finish my work tonight, I've got quite a night of trekking back and forth... I know I got 3 in the water stage, but I do remember one where there was nine and I don't think I got all of those...
Old 08-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Well, I just finished the game.

I've now passed the rite of manhood once more...
Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Senior Moderator

I MUST have that light saber...it is imperative that I find all the scarabs....after I finish my work tonight, I've got quite a night of trekking back and forth... I know I got 3 in the water stage, but I do remember one where there was nine and I don't think I got all of those...
Hrm...well, in the flooded crypt (where there are the Egyptian statues), there is one that is like...super high in the ceiling that you now can swim up to. Did you remember getting that one?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Money is funny.

Hrm...well, in the flooded crypt (where there are the Egyptian statues), there is one that is like...super high in the ceiling that you now can swim up to. Did you remember getting that one?
yes i do...i suspected one to be up there right off the bat...i swam in every corner too...I must have missed on in the chapter with 9 scarabs cuz i don't remember getting that many in one board...
Old 08-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Money is funny.

yes i do...i suspected one to be up there right off the bat...i swam in every corner too...I must have missed on in the chapter with 9 scarabs cuz i don't remember getting that many in one board...
wow...I went ahead to fight the end boss in chapter 18 just for shits (the winged floating head demon thing where you have to stand on a platform to fight him/her).

THIS THING TOTALLY ROCKED ME!!!! My buddy beat it by acciednt once just to fight it again in skeleton form...holy crap...I need to go find those scarabs...I can't get over the fact that there's an actual ch 19 with an actual end boss and this isn't it....
Old 08-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Senior Moderator

wow...I went ahead to fight the end boss in chapter 18 just for shits (the winged floating head demon thing where you have to stand on a platform to fight him/her).

THIS THING TOTALLY ROCKED ME!!!! My buddy beat it by acciednt once just to fight it again in skeleton form...holy crap...I need to go find those scarabs...I can't get over the fact that there's an actual ch 19 with an actual end boss and this isn't it....
The Emperor isn't a tough fight if you know how to approach him. The key is to know how to avoid his laser beams while you're wailing away at his arms and chest. A good idea is to focus on one arm until he quivers (you'll know what I mean) and then move on to the chest and then finally the last arm...

The lasers that he sends out can be avoided by going up and down or left to right...in some cases, you can just scroll right or left and outrun the beam that's coming at you.

The final form of the Emperor is a pansy if you have the Explosive Cores armed. Just fire them at him when he is far away. He'll eventually send his skulls at you...so, as soon as he does, stop shooting and get ready to wail away with the Flails. Keep an eye on the main skull as it'll come towards you to eat you...roll away when it comes close--it's easy. If he jumps onto the island, charge him and just go button-mash-city on his legs...body...anything. He'll eventually jump away back into the lava and walk around again. So, fire more Cores...if you run out, switch to Explosive Arrows...

He's toast in no-time.

As for Chapter 19...well...I have no tips for you to escaping the inferno other than to jump and run like you have never jumped-and-run before.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Money is funny.

The Emperor isn't a tough fight if you know how to approach him. The key is to know how to avoid his laser beams while you're wailing away at his arms and chest. A good idea is to focus on one arm until he quivers (you'll know what I mean) and then move on to the chest and then finally the last arm...

The lasers that he sends out can be avoided by going up and down or left to right...in some cases, you can just scroll right or left and outrun the beam that's coming at you.

The final form of the Emperor is a pansy if you have the Explosive Cores armed. Just fire them at him when he is far away. He'll eventually send his skulls at you...so, as soon as he does, stop shooting and get ready to wail away with the Flails. Keep an eye on the main skull as it'll come towards you to eat you...roll away when it comes close--it's easy. If he jumps onto the island, charge him and just go button-mash-city on his legs...body...anything. He'll eventually jump away back into the lava and walk around again. So, fire more Cores...if you run out, switch to Explosive Arrows...

He's toast in no-time.

As for Chapter 19...well...I have no tips for you to escaping the inferno other than to jump and run like you have never jumped-and-run before.
I love your closing comments man...lol...so i guess the last chapter is not actually the boss fight? Looks like i gotta go back and load up on shit...is it true that once you beat the game you can go back to the start with all of your scarabs? Is the final form of the emperor that skeleton dude? He seemed to be easier, I just had no energy left...the first one was ridiculous...I'm still getting used to maneuvering the damn platform...

btw...i like how this thread ended up being my one on one NGS consultation with yummy-chan...lol..

Quick Reply: PS3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma...