Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

PC: Starcraft 2 **Game is a Trilogy (page 3)**

Old 09-15-2010, 05:00 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I play on low setting too but I'm playing on my laptop. With the touchpad. That's how gosu I am.

I'm on my laptop but using my mouse. I play on low but my computer will start to lag with just 20 BCs
Old 09-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by JS + MS3
josssshh on high settting?

can you list your computer spec? i really think i need to upgrade my comp or something. it feels pretty ghey to play it on low setting.
yes.. everything on high..

iirc.. Ultra on everything.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by jjashaa
yes.. everything on high..

iirc.. Ultra on everything.
Fuck you.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

some things are watever but those can be replaced later down when i have more funds

LINKS to what I got

obviously why i haven't gotten any new camera gear... lol

Last edited by jjashaa; 09-15-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Originally Posted by Mourning Would
Fuck you.

so mean.

lol
Old 09-15-2010, 08:20 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
daaaaaaammmnnnn i feel like ordering everything on your links lol
Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 PM
I drive a Subata.

tonight, im gonna try to open up my comp and see what i have. i have no idea what's in there so lol
Old 09-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

daaaaaaammmnnnn i feel like ordering everything on your links lol
well, my friend helped me build mine.

he gave me three options..

Option A was about $2,400~
Option B was about $1,600
Option C was about $1,300.

I just took parts from each option.. mixed and matched and built my computer.. like.. B C had the same cd drive.. also same memory specs and hard drive specs but just the name was different. so i went with C on some and some i got option A like the mobo, vid card and power supply. i think.. i forgot.. i wish i could show you the list he made me. lol but yea... lol
Old 09-15-2010, 11:06 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I could definitely use a high powered cpu. I'd prefer a laptop though.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:53 PM
I drive a Subata.

for some reason, i can't connect to battle net. it says the battle net is temporarily down or my connection is bad. My internet connection is totally fine right now.. is it just me?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

Received 385 Likes on 234 Posts
battlenet is down
Old 09-21-2010, 01:29 PM
I drive a Subata.

ooooh their first balance patching is going on right now! blizzard is surprisingly not delaying anything. lol

i think this is why battlenet is down right now
Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 PM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yup, it's the balance patch. Mainly, Terran got the nerf hammer regarding siege tanks and build times.

* PROTOSS
o Zealot
+ Build time increased from 33 to 38.
+ Warp Gate cooldown increased from 23 to 28.

* TERRAN
o Battlecruiser
+ Ground damage decreased from 10 to 8.
o Bunker
+ Build time increased from 30 to 35.
o Reaper
+ Build time increased from 40 to 45.
o Siege Tank
+ Siege mode damage changed from 50 to 35 (+15 armored).
+ Upgrade damage changed from +5 to +3 (+2 armored).

* ZERG
o Ultralisk
+ Ram ability removed. Ultralisk will now use normal attack against buildings.
+ Damage decreased from 15 (+25 armored) to 15 (+20 armored).

* Maps
o Desert Oasis
+ Destructible Rocks have been added to make natural expansions easier to protect.
+ Center Xel'Naga Tower area has been narrowed.

Last edited by mystikk; 09-21-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 PM
I drive a Subata.

yep. i wonder how long the battle net would be down.. i have a day off work today and this happened.. lol
Old 09-21-2010, 02:46 PM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
To play offline, I have to download a 7gb game client?

Hell
Old 09-21-2010, 06:56 PM

The tank one I don't mind too much since they are pretty powerful due to not having the overkill aspect like in BW where 8 tanks will all shoot the same zergling.... then again, they take 3 supply vs. 2 in BW.

BCs got nerfed too.... :ghey:

funny thing is though, before the patch I was playing Lost Temple, TvT against one very hard AI. I had the natural expo up, and almost mined out and the two island expos in the corners of the map. Damn AI kept pushing til they broke through and killed my natural expo, my main base and the base in the corner.... so I huddled in the last corner expo, built 2 starports, fusion core and a bunch of turrets before they killed all my pre-req buildings. Researched yamato cannon, and just waited.... the AI sent in dropships 1 by 1 and got shot down each time, then I massed BCs in the mean time and sniped their vikings.

So fuckin nub.... they took over EVERY expo and couldn't kill me when I was stuck in the corner. In the end I got screwed cause I had no money left from repairing and I made a PF so I couldn't lift off to the closest expo, and I got greedy so all my BCs died. We both had no units left so I started sending SCVs with a dropship to kill their expos.... but they wouldn't surrender. lol

BCs en masse are pretty OP. I only had one ship plating upgrade, couldn't build an armory cause they killed my factory
Old 09-24-2010, 11:39 PM

The tank one I don't mind too much since they are pretty powerful due to not having the overkill aspect like in BW where 8 tanks will all shoot the same zergling.... then again, they take 3 supply vs. 2 in BW.

BCs got nerfed too.... :ghey:

funny thing is though, before the patch I was playing Lost Temple, TvT against one very hard AI. I had the natural expo up, and almost mined out and the two island expos in the corners of the map. Damn AI kept pushing til they broke through and killed my natural expo, my main base and the base in the corner.... so I huddled in the last corner expo, built 2 starports, fusion core and a bunch of turrets before they killed all my pre-req buildings. Researched yamato cannon, and just waited.... the AI sent in dropships 1 by 1 and got shot down each time, then I massed BCs in the mean time and sniped their vikings.

So fuckin nub.... they took over EVERY expo and couldn't kill me when I was stuck in the corner. In the end I got screwed cause I had no money left from repairing and I made a PF so I couldn't lift off to the closest expo, and I got greedy so all my BCs died. We both had no units left so I started sending SCVs with a dropship to kill their expos.... but they wouldn't surrender. lol

BCs en masse are pretty OP. I only had one ship plating upgrade, couldn't build an armory cause they killed my factory

I've done some amazing things with Terran versus the CPU. Try going up against two Insane AI, that was tough. All it took was a wall of tanks to protect you and then you'll wait til they run out of minerals and then strike. Easy as pie, although it took 2.5hrs to complete. This was before the patch though, I will admit that Seige tanks are very harmful against Zerg. The CPU would rush with 200 Zerglings and they would get wiped out.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:42 PM

yep. i wonder how long the battle net would be down.. i have a day off work today and this happened.. lol
Yeah that morning I woke up and I was like, what's going on!? Then I came to realize there was maintenance.

To be quite honest I haven't really noticed anything different so far except that people do not Reaper rush as much as they used to, which is a sigh of relief.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey! totally missed this. I'll add you tonight.
Haha, look forward to playing with you and sharing my noob skills.

Originally Posted by speedemon90
Is there another way to see your avg apm other than in replays?

I remember I looked at one game and my avg apm was like 25 lol, but that was in the beginning of the game, towards the end I didnt have that thing open i had the unit count thing.
Normally what I did was, took a bunch of replays, looked at each of my APM throughout the entire game, sometimes my APM would peak around 200-220, sometimes my APM would just chill around 50, but during early to mid-game play, I averaged around 120 as I do intense amount of Micro to harass my opponents econ or pick off his unit count 1 by 1.

Anyways, my APM isn't that completely high, I spam a lot in the beginning to warm up my fingers. It is a must for me, because the room I am in, the temperature is just chilly.

Oh well... for some reason, I completely lost interest in Melee and moved onto Custom Games. When I was playing Ladder the other day, every single hotkey was messed up, I couldn't build my first probe at nexus until I clicked it with my mouse, I just lol'd at everything and lost the game :P

Well, I figure I can help fellow acurazines:
There is a trick to increase your mineral mining by 7%, it's been around for a while, but most people still are still not familiar and aware of it:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=152345

Summary:

In the beginning of the game, when your workers finish their mining, there is a slight pause before they return the mineral. That pause can be neutralized allowing the probe to instantly return the mineral as soon as it finishes mining. Thus, increasing your Mineral Income in early game by 7%. It increases your Build Order and allows you to continuously pump workers without a problem.

How it works:
When your worker is either at the pause or returning the mineral, apply the following combination:
- Select the worker > Hold down SHIFT key (to queue up any additional commands) > Click C (cargo return) and then Right click on the mineral patch. Continue to spam C and Right Click simultaneously, make sure to end it with a right click. Repeat same process to other workers.

DUE NOTE:
You can not just select all of your workers and do this, it does not work. You must individually select each worker and follow through with the combination.

Once the worker has returned its mineral, you will notice that the C command is gone. It is only available to you when it is returning minerals.

My Review:
Pros:
Constant workers are in production while working up on your build.
Your Build Order (BO) time is slightly increased.
To those who don't like to spam, this is a very good trick to increase your APM with a purpose.

Con:
At first, your BO will be slightly delayed.
Reason - Your mind is going to be too focused on working up on the mineral boosting sometime you will either:
-Forget to build your first or second probe or delay it.
-Misclick, resulting in idol probe(s) at the mineral line.

What I do:
Normally, I would queue up 2-3 cargo trips, and then move onto the next worker rather then just focusing on spamming the command on 1 probe.
So, basically, about 5 probes are on mineral boosting by the time the first probe comes out, significantly increasing my income.

This is ideal in the beginning/early of the game. Normally, you should have a saturated mineral field to have standby workers to fill in the void.

Sorry about the long post, thought I would share

*The URL link provided contains: a video of how-to, a data to prove it works, Q&A, plus feedback from Team Liquid members and how they like it.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dbqkqh

Summary:

In the beginning of the game, when your workers finish their mining, there is a slight pause before they return the mineral. That pause can be neutralized allowing the probe to instantly return the mineral as soon as it finishes mining. Thus, increasing your Mineral Income in early game by 7%. It increases your Build Order and allows you to continuously pump workers without a problem.

How it works:
When your worker is either at the pause or returning the mineral, apply the following combination:
- Select the worker > Hold down SHIFT key (to queue up any additional commands) > Click C (cargo return) and then Right click on the mineral patch. Continue to spam C and Right Click simultaneously, make sure to end it with a right click. Repeat same process to other workers.
Actually, it does not matter if you end it with hitting C or right click. Because if you end with C, it is going to go back to what it previously did, mining.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:40 PM
zaino'd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Finally started playing this game. Some levels on the campaign are actually quite challenging (hard difficulty). Once I'm done with it, I'll hop on bnet to get owned

It seems like the beta version required more, hardware-wise, while the campaign seems to run fine on my laptop with medium settings. Getting a new laptop soon with a 1GB ATI GPU so hopefully I can play on bnet on high settings and still get decent framerates.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:09 AM
I drive a Subata.

dbqkbq, sorry didn't have time to add you.. ill do it tomorrow! actually i've never added someone with id and number. where do i do it?

im about 1400 pts diamond for 1v1! so funnnn
Old 09-27-2010, 02:01 AM

lol

League games: 10
Custom games: 260+
Cooperative games: ~10

Yeah, UMS has always been my thing. They need to come out with some new shit though.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:02 PM
I drive a Subata.

wow so many custom games! for what? practicing? it's better to play league games to practice as the system matches you up with someone on your level.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Instructor

dbqkbq, sorry didn't have time to add you.. ill do it tomorrow! actually i've never added someone with id and number. where do i do it?

im about 1400 pts diamond for 1v1! so funnnn
Wow, congrats on the points especially in Diamond *jealous*
The friend thing wise.... I've actually never added someone with ID and number as well, lol.
I guess, you click on the Friend's Icon, and start from there.
If you have your info. I be happy to add as well.

lol

League games: 10
Custom games: 260+
Cooperative games: ~10

Yeah, UMS has always been my thing. They need to come out with some new shit though.
Oh boy... just wait until you see my profile...
When the game first came out, me and my friends played Custom Games consecutively all day and night until I accidentally clicked "Find Match" for ladder games, surprisingly winning our first placement match.. and then we would ladder together all day and night, lol!

But... the Starcraft Spree for me has come to an end for sometime now. Not too much fun custom games, as I have already exploited them and can pretty much beat them all.
*I loved playing Tower Defense like games in Broodwar and online. *

My Profile :
League Games - 537
Custom Games - 359

Co-op Vs AI - 11 (Did vs AI for achievements)
FFA - 1 (Also for achievement which I got in first match luckily.)

Yes... I do have some free time in my hands unfortunately :thumbsdow
Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 PM

^^I play custom maps cause sometimes macro is a little boring for me, I like maps where you just control a unit and go through a game as a hero or whatever and level him up, or yeah those tower D games, but they are getting quite boring now

The way maps are now though is everything is in it's beta stage, constantly in development. I also like playing Runling Run.... its a pretty fun map where you dodge things and use abilities. I'm pretty good at it, which I gotta give credit to me playing SCV Football in BW a LOT.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Instructor

^^I play custom maps cause sometimes macro is a little boring for me, I like maps where you just control a unit and go through a game as a hero or whatever and level him up, or yeah those tower D games, but they are getting quite boring now

The way maps are now though is everything is in it's beta stage, constantly in development. I also like playing Runling Run.... its a pretty fun map where you dodge things and use abilities. I'm pretty good at it, which I gotta give credit to me playing SCV Football in BW a LOT.
Ah, for some reason, I don't like the whole single unit thing. I honestly have no idea why.
However, DOTA is pretty fun.
I guess I will try Runling Run sometimes as well.

If you don't mind me recommending:
DOTA All-Star
- A custom game where you select a hero, leveling up, and demolish the opposing side's base.

Retribution TD
- A unique tower defense. There are two way points that the enemy MUST hit before moving on through your defense.
So the general idea is to construct a maze around these two points, and delaying the enemy from hitting both points as long as possible, while picking off the enemy units.

WGX: Nagrand
It is basically Micro Arena. You build a nice composition of your selected race units. Click "Ready", and you will face off against your opponent's group. Note: you are limited in the number of forces.
I guess this game helps a little bit with micro and you also get a general idea of what type of unit composition counters best or fails with.

Poker D

I don't know why, but Poker Defense has always been interesting to me since Broodwar and it is fun in SC2. Although, it can get tedious and boring after a while.

Vexal Tower Defense

Another tower defense map. This is probably the game that makes up half of my custom games played. The idea is same like any other TD games.

Nexus Wars, Income D, and all those other popular ones are entertaining as well.

Like you mentioned, most of the custom games are in their BETA phases, but they sure are fun.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
I got placed into platinum 3v3 random!!!

After I placed I played one more game and got owned lol

my teammates were both platinum players in most of their stuff, but the 3 people we played against were diamond in at least one thing
This one player got so many units soo fast. He had marines, marauders and quite a few tanks and dropped it on one of my teammates and I knew it was over.

edit: I hope I dont keep playing diamond players because I can't keep up with them.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:38 PM
I drive a Subata.

I don't know why but the use map games were never appealing to me. I just love playing 1v1

and speedemon, if you keep on losing against diamond player, the system will recognize it and put you against platinum ones. no worries.

if you want to improve, you should definitely go for playing 1v1 league games though. getting better at 3v3 won't likely help you out doing 1v1, however, getting better at 1v1 will generally make you better in team plays. :wink: just my

i didn't play a single team game until I reached about 800 diamond in 1v1. ever since then, i found this friend who's a really great random player and great in general game manner. so i started playing 2v2 league games with him every two days or so. we are now in diamond 2v2. we both don't really have many team strategies tho. we just play whatever individually and win the game. haha so there's definitely a lot of room to improve ourselves, and that's a good thing.

Last edited by JS + XES; 09-27-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Suzuka Master

haha yea, I just felt like playing something different. I had 3 placement matches left so I went ahead and played it. Lol if you look at my profile, you will see a bronze 1v1, bronze 2v2 and platinum 3v3. Lol
Old 09-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Instructor

Just found the greatest custom game of all time:
Nexus Word Wars.

If you have High WPM, this is the game for you!

Last edited by dbqkqh; 09-28-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 PM

Omg I love nexus word wars. Thank you.

I got owned as a noob though, figured making units right off the bat would get me income like in nexus wars. But now that I got the hang of it, it's so addicting. Hard to plan though... All your teammates are too busy typing
Old 09-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Instructor

Omg I love nexus word wars. Thank you.

I got owned as a noob though, figured making units right off the bat would get me income like in nexus wars. But now that I got the hang of it, it's so addicting. Hard to plan though... All your teammates are too busy typing
Ugh... I was in First Place in "All-Time Best" with 40 wins.
But, when I get back on the next day, someone gets to 70+ wins.

By the way, my account name is: Fidelis.
There might be a slight chance you could have played with me, because I am on that custom game constantly
Oh well... going to work on getting that first place again... eventually. So far the first place guy has NOT stopped playing...
Old 09-30-2010, 02:01 AM

Ugh... I was in First Place in "All-Time Best" with 40 wins.
But, when I get back on the next day, someone gets to 70+ wins.

By the way, my account name is: Fidelis.
There might be a slight chance you could have played with me, because I am on that custom game constantly
Oh well... going to work on getting that first place again... eventually. So far the first place guy has NOT stopped playing...
Same.... my user name is "Daniel", real original huh? The current guy is at 85 last time I played, about a half hour ago.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Instructor

I just want to say....
I got promoted to Diamond in 1 v 1

I am extremely happy, and glad that after playing all those custom games, I was still able to perform well in ladder matches
Old 10-04-2010, 01:03 AM
Suzuka Master

I just want to say....

I am extremely happy, and glad that after playing all those custom games, I was still able to perform well in ladder matches
I'm still in bronze 1v1 lol. Its taking forever to get out of there! I haven't played 1v1 in a while though. I play once in a while and just move up in rank lol. I would say I'm a silver/gold player? I dunno though. Probably high silver would be my guess.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I drive a Subata.

I just want to say....

Congrats man! let's play toghether sometimes!

Originally Posted by speedemon90
I'm still in bronze 1v1 lol. Its taking forever to get out of there! I haven't played 1v1 in a while though. I play once in a while and just move up in rank lol. I would say I'm a silver/gold player? I dunno though. Probably high silver would be my guess.
that's because you are playing against bronze players. the winning ratio gets pretty shitty once you get up to the high lvl leagues because pretty much everyone is decent players. most of the top 200 1v1 ladder players have the winning ratio of 65-70%. crazy if you think about it.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
I'm starting to think that 3v3, or maybe even 2v2, where one side of the team is zerg makes the game so unbalanced. I'm a zerg play myself so I'm not really ranting. It's just every time I'm teamed up with other zerg players, all we do is 8 pool rush and 9/10 we win the game, especially in a 3v3 game. I have not loss a 3v3 game with all zerg in one team. Was this the same problem in SC1?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,944 Likes on 14,059 Posts

Still have not opened the box.

<--- Admittedly, stalling because I'm playing FFXIII.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
I'm starting to think that 3v3, or maybe even 2v2, where one side of the team is zerg makes the game so unbalanced. I'm a zerg play myself so I'm not really ranting. It's just every time I'm teamed up with other zerg players, all we do is 8 pool rush and 9/10 we win the game, especially in a 3v3 game. I have not loss a 3v3 game with all zerg in one team. Was this the same problem in SC1?
You are absolutely right. If there are more then 2 zergs in a 3 v 3 game, you can easily take out your opponents without trouble while slowly teching to mutas.

that's because you are playing against bronze players. the winning ratio gets pretty shitty once you get up to the high lvl leagues because pretty much everyone is decent players. most of the top 200 1v1 ladder players have the winning ratio of 65-70%. crazy if you think about it.
Yeah 65-70% winning ratio is kind of beast.
But I will say this, so far, I haven't had any games in Diamond league where the opponent cheeses.

Originally Posted by Yumcha

Still have not opened the box.

<--- Admittedly, stalling because I'm playing FFXIII.
I never really liked the whole idea of taking turn to fight with each of your party.
Go Starcraft!

Quick Reply: PC: Starcraft 2 **Game is a Trilogy (page 3)**