What's up with 350Z and G's 6spd blowing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 01:22 PM
Busy Living

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up with 350Z and G's 6spd blowing?

A guy I work with can't shift from 2 -> 3. Nissan is replacing it. He said it's happening to the G's too.

First i've heard about it.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:26 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
dunno. but it happens to all companies... my buddies BMW 5spd just shit the bed on us while we were in montreal.

piece of shit bmws.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:34 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: What's up with 350Z and G's 6spd blowing?

Originally posted by beerknurd
A guy I work with can't shift from 2 -> 3. Nissan is replacing it. He said it's happening to the G's too.

First i've heard about it.
Check their sites Tranny Forum
Old 04-04-2003, 09:04 PM
CL 6 speeder

Its called rush LOTS of new cars to production. Bound to be lots of glitches. Its also been my experience (only from test drives) that Nissan manuals really suck.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Jeezus... How many threads about this issue will be posted here? This is the third already....

It's far from the # of issues with the CL/TL...
Old 04-04-2003, 09:59 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Nissan manuals suck? LOL. Joe or carol or whoever you are, you obviously haven't driven a Z. The G35 and the Z share the same tranny; the Z was the 'Automobile' car of the year award, and the g35 got the 'motor trend' car of the year award...neither review mentioned the manual 'sucking' as you put it.

Beerknurd- Why did you start yet another thread on this subject? It's been discussed in 4 different threads already, and as I recall you were posting in the last thread that went over all this. If you are looking for info on the tranny issues, visit the Z forums; it makes no sense looking for answers here.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by zeroday
Nissan manuals suck? LOL. Joe or carol or whoever you are, you obviously haven't driven a Z. The G35 and the Z share the same tranny; the Z was the 'Automobile' car of the year award, and the g35 got the 'motor trend' car of the year award...neither review mentioned the manual 'sucking' as you put it.

Beerknurd- Why did you start yet another thread on this subject? It's been discussed in 4 different threads already, and as I recall you were posting in the last thread that went over all this. If you are looking for info on the tranny issues, visit the Z forums; it makes no sense looking for answers here.
i think the nissian tranny is terrible. i have driven both z and cl-s 6 speed and the honda/acura tranny is much better!

sidemarker
Old 04-04-2003, 10:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Nissan tranny terrible? Give me a break. Terrible??? Maybe it's not as good as a Honda manual in your opinion but far from terrible
Old 04-04-2003, 10:13 PM
Busy Living

check the dates, i posted this thread on 4/1, 20 mins after riding in my co-workers Z who's tranny failed. This is the one and only thread I started about the issue.

Sorry, I won't post anything but praise about the almighty Z.

If someone asks if they heard of any tranny failures in the Z can I say that I have witnessed one?
Old 04-04-2003, 10:17 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by sidemarker
i think the nissian tranny is terrible. i have driven both z and cl-s 6 speed and the honda/acura tranny is much better!

sidemarker
My CL tranny went bye bye at 1500 miles...I'm at 2500 with the Z and not a single problem. As for the feel of the manual, the Z is directly hooked into the tranny instead of using cable linkage like the CL. This gives a much more communicative feel to the driver..I love it. It cracks me up how the same 4-5 people in this forum are ardent Z haters and pop up in each Z thread saying it sucks etc. Get over it. Your CL is not the definitely not the pinnacle of automotive perfection you seem to think it is so get off the high horse.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Race Director

oh and btw...since we are now talking CL vs Z, how many turbo and supercharger kits are there for the CL after 3 years? Um....ONE not counting a DIY job. There is currently a shitload being designed for the Z and it's only been out a short while. How many body kits are there for the CL? NONE. There is currently like 15 body kits available for the Z already. Just do a search for aftermarket Z parts/accessories...already a ton more avail. than for the CL. This is because of widespread interest in the Z!! Are all these people wrong??? Apparently you guys are in the minority on this one.

Face it guys, the CL was honda's red headed step child. That's why there won't be one in 04'. Sorry, but that's the truth.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:30 PM
Banned

My CL tranny went bye bye at 1500 miles...I'm at 2500 with the Z and not a single problem. As for the feel of the manual, the Z is directly hooked into the tranny instead of using cable linkage like the CL. This gives a much more communicative feel to the driver..I love it. It cracks me up how the same 4-5 people in this forum are ardent Z haters and pop up in each Z thread saying it sucks etc. Get over it. Your CL is not the definitely not the pinnacle of automotive perfection you seem to think it is so get off the high horse.
RELAX!!!!!!! its an ACURA SITE!!! I have to side with my honda brothers on this one!! if we say your tranny sucks, then it sucks tool! I sat in a z, and its 4 midgets! even my accord has more leg room. it would be easier for you to just click either of these two links:

www.my350z.com

www.350zmotoring.com

bye :P
Old 04-04-2003, 10:35 PM
Banned

oh and btw...since we are now talking CL vs Z, how many turbo and supercharger kits are there for the CL after 3 years? Um....ONE not counting a DYI job. There is currently a shitload being designed for the Z and it's only been out a short while. How many body kits are there for the CL? NONE. There is currently like 15 body kits available for the Z already. Just do a search for aftermarket Z parts/accessories...already a ton more avail. than for the CL. This is because of widespread interest in the Z!! Are all these people wrong??? Apparently you guys are in the minority on this one.
Face it guys, the CL was honda's red headed step child. That's why there won't be one in 04'. Sorry, but that's the truth.
JEALOUS, are WE? or did someone shit in your cornflakes this morning? its really smart bragging about forced induction potential of a car that didn't come ready to take, F/I from the factory! I don't car what they do to that Z, supercharge, twin-turbo, NO THANKS! You'll only be able to run low boost, anyways, and that Z motor is pretty MAXED out for a V6, so I don't see you pushing over 300hp without F/I

P/S: the cl might be dead, but the accord coupe is clearly stepping forward to take on the competition! I for one ain't SCARED! check my sig!
Old 04-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Busy Living

It cracks me up how the same 4-5 people in this forum are ardent Z haters and pop up in each Z thread saying it sucks etc. Get over it. Your CL is not the definitely not the pinnacle of automotive perfection you seem to think it is so get off the high horse.
Is this directed towards me? If so please back that up. I think the Z is a excellent car and I have recommended it to a few people. In fact, I sat at the dealer for 2 hours while my co-worker friend signed the paper work when he picked his up. I forced a very good friend of mine to drive the G sedan before buying an IS300. I tried talking my bro into waiting till the G came out instead of buying an A4.

I'm not hating on the Z, and i'm not boasting about the CL, so ease up.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by torqueaholic
JEALOUS, are WE? or did someone shit in your cornflakes this morning? its really smart bragging about forced induction potential of a car that didn't come ready to take, F/I from the factory! I don't car what they do to that Z, supercharge, twin-turbo, NO THANKS! You'll only be able to run low boost, anyways, and that Z motor is pretty MAXED out for a V6, so I don't see you pushing over 300hp without F/I

P/S: the cl might be dead, but the accord coupe is clearly stepping forward to take on the competition! I for one ain't SCARED! check my sig!
Jealous? um...you drive an accord lol. nuff said.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:42 PM
Banned

Jealous? um...you drive an accord lol. nuff said.
yeah, but who has a "fisher price interior"?

P/S: you know what they say about men who drive cars with "SMALL trunks" now don't you?
Old 04-04-2003, 10:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Just do a search for aftermarket Z parts/accessories...already a ton more avail. than for the CL. This is because of widespread interest in the Z!! Are all these people wrong???
Isn't the 350Z available in Japan as the Fairlady?? It is also a sports car which attracts the aftermarket. In other words, this comparison is irrelevant. We might as well compare the CL to a Lincoln Continental as that is just as relevant.

IMO, about the shifting feel: Honda has always made some of the best manual transmissions; Nissan has not. This is not saying that most Nissan shifters are crap; most are better than average. But Honda seems to have better grasp on what a shifter should feel and act like. And this stems from experience back to the mid '80s (boy am I getting old)...
Old 04-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Race Director

it would be easier for you to just click either of these two links:

www.my350z.com

www.350zmotoring.com

bye :P
Hey NEWB. I was here long before you...get a life, this isn't your personal sandbox.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Race Director

You'll only be able to run low boost, anyways, and that Z motor is pretty MAXED out for a V6, so I don't see you pushing over 300hp without F/I
yeah..18 psi with very minor internal mods. read it and weep pal.

Old 04-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by beerknurd
Is this directed towards me? If so please back that up. I think the Z is a excellent car and I have recommended it to a few people. In fact, I sat at the dealer for 2 hours while my co-worker friend signed the paper work when he picked his up. I forced a very good friend of mine to drive the G sedan before buying an IS300. I tried talking my bro into waiting till the G came out instead of buying an A4.

I'm not hating on the Z, and i'm not boasting about the CL, so ease up.
wasn't directed at you...only sidemarker LOL. sorry.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:02 PM
Banned

yeah..18 psi with very minor internal mods. read it and weep pal.

Old 04-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Banned

still, I wouldn't get too terribly excited though! this is what your garden-variety-20k-teenage-driven Dodge neon srt4 is now doing to vetts at the track with just slicks!:

http://www.atpturbo.com/turbopiping/...9SRT416PSI.mpg

http://www.atpturbo.com/turbopiping/...9SRT416PSI.wmv
Old 04-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Banned

Guys I drove the Z and it rocks...it is a true sports car...even too much for me and Im into performance. I love the tranny in the CL-S and I thought my 2nd gear was fucked becuase it seemed like my tranny shifted twice into gear....come to find out its normal the 2nd gear on the CL-S has double synchros only on that gear I don't know why but that's what the Acura mechanic said.

Enough hating the Z guys its a fast car and with the TURBO it will be up there with the Turbo Supras. I give them props and as far as the tranny issue NISSAN offers 6 yrs. 70k miles powertrain warranty so nothing to worry about.