Well, the TSX needed new wheels....ISF is back (Page 64)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
BTW, forgot to comment about the wheels on the TSX. Very nice. I like them better then the pink ones
Old 09-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,538 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean
BTW, forgot to comment about the wheels on the TSX. Very nice. I like them better then the pink ones
Been getting that a lot. Now I just need to get some new tires on them and smaller front spacers so I can put them on permanently.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:40 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im jealousz.gimmie that
Old 09-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Beautiful car. If I were to buy the IS-F, it would be in that blue.

You must have a fetish for sedans. I would have thought you would have had a coupe for a first car ... and mod that. The IS-F as a DD makes sense to me. But $43k for a DD and whatever $$$ on mods on a TSX ... not sure if that's a good use of limited resources (ie money). But I know how infectious the mod bug is and if the TSX was your first car and you had a lot of disposable income then ... it kinda makes more sense to me if that was your approach.

Enjoy both cars!

PS Don't want to hate, but weren't white wheels kinda played out in the late 90s? I could imagine them being a b*tch to keep clean, depending on the brake setup you have ...

Last edited by derrick; 09-25-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Je t'aime...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratz on your IS-F. I hope you enjoy the IS-F. My buddy at school has one, and I driven it, it rides pretty hard imo, but I like it that way anyways, haha. The IS-F is pretty good car all around.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:40 PM
8AT > 6MT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
So you just had some straight pipe welded on in place to lead back to the tips on the bumper? Definitely want to do something similar if I don't actually do an exhaust as I want to unleash that V8 rumble a bit more.
Actually, i had them cut the mufflers off right BEFORE the exhaust splits into the rear Y-section. then i had them weld a 90 degree bend to point the exhaust downwards...
Old 09-27-2010, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by derrick
Beautiful car. If I were to buy the IS-F, it would be in that blue.

You must have a fetish for sedans. I would have thought you would have had a coupe for a first car ... and mod that. The IS-F as a DD makes sense to me. But $43k for a DD and whatever $$$ on mods on a TSX ... not sure if that's a good use of limited resources (ie money). But I know how infectious the mod bug is and if the TSX was your first car and you had a lot of disposable income then ... it kinda makes more sense to me if that was your approach.

Enjoy both cars!
I wouldn't say it was as much a fetish about sedans as much as wanting to have a vehicle with space as I tend to always take a lot of stuff with me when I travel. I guess its the part of me that prepares for everything when I travel even if it is way overboard.

I really wanted to do a coupe but part of me worried that if I did need to transport things then I wouldn't have the space. Also the two main coupes I was considering were the BMW 335 and the Audi A5. Even though I am sure I blew the reliability issue possibility way out of proportion I just wanted to make sure the car I got I had the best chance of going the next 5 years without any any real issues. I just felt the Toyota/Lexus option gave me a much better chance of that possibility.

Originally Posted by derrick
PS Don't want to hate, but weren't white wheels kinda played out in the late 90s? I could imagine them being a b*tch to keep clean, depending on the brake setup you have ...
Well I have actually seen a large comeback of the popularity of white wheels over the past year and have personally wanted to do a set for a while. Just happened to end up with the right deal in front of me to do it. Yeah they will definitely be a b*tch to keep clean both because of my upgrade 4 piston Spoon calipers upfront and the fact I constantly rub on the rub in the back covering the rear wheel in plastic shavings.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
Congratz on your IS-F. I hope you enjoy the IS-F. My buddy at school has one, and I driven it, it rides pretty hard imo, but I like it that way anyways, haha. The IS-F is pretty good car all around.
Thanks. Congratz on having an M3 as I love the look of both the Sedan and Coupe of them but could find a CPO in budget so IS-F was and I love it so far. The ride is one of the things I love about it. Coming from my TSX the ride is not really hard at all yet it still handles like a dream.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Revolutions
Actually, i had them cut the mufflers off right BEFORE the exhaust splits into the rear Y-section. then i had them weld a 90 degree bend to point the exhaust downwards...
Hmmmmmm. If I end up staying in North Carolina that might work. However I am not sure how good of an option that would be if I move back to Pennsylvania with all the snow. I wonder if I could find a stock exhaust fairly cheap maybe.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
Obviously not enough to install a manual transmission.
OP...Very nice TSX and ISF...Dont mind the haters.... Start a new thread when you begin the mods on the Lexo
Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 AM

Blue Ridge Parkway Trip

Well two weekends ago I went home to my parents to shoot a car a friend was building for SEMA. On the way I decided to take a small detour for about 2 hours onto a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was my first time driving it and I have to say it was absolutely beautiful since the leaves were beginning to change.

The road was a great drive as well however with reading about how large the fines are being National Park Roads I decided to stay relatively close to the speed limit. The traffic was pretty minimal on the road as well so I was definitely able to enjoy it and the F was absolute blast.

I took some pictures of both the amazing scenery as well as got some good shots of the F as well.

Pics of the F with the amazing fall back drop.

Like I said I was going home to shoot my friends SEMA build car in hope that we will be able to get it featured after it is debuted at SEMA. When I went out to scout some locations for the shoot I used the F to test the lighting and actually got some good shots that were all done in only like 5min of walking around checking out the two locations I had in mind.

First pic is of the gf wishing we were doing something else rather than driving around checking out shoot locations. Actually she was a good sport since we hung out at the shop for 90% of the weekend so I could continue to shoot the build process I had started shooting the weekend before till they finished on Sunday.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
nice pics!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
Cool pics.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
great pics. Love the foliage. Gotta get out before they all fall.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Great shots!! The one with your girl is funny.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Great pics, that looks like a beautiful road to wind around.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Great pics! Amazing how it's almost November and you have to drive 1.5-2 hours to see foliage! Leaves will be changing here soon enough I'm sure. Of course with the 85 degree days we've been having, the trees may be a little confused!

I'm hoping to make it to the Nov. C&C to see the IS...
Old 10-26-2010, 11:41 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Great shots! The scenery is breathtaking. Around here I never see the leaves change color like that or maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by juniorbean
Great pics! Amazing how it's almost November and you have to drive 1.5-2 hours to see foliage! Leaves will be changing here soon enough I'm sure. Of course with the 85 degree days we've been having, the trees may be a little confused!

I'm hoping to make it to the Nov. C&C to see the IS...
Yeah its definitely crazy that nothing has really started changing around here yet. I am sure the trees are confused.

I am not sure if I am bringing the IS or not yet. Trying to get the new fitment setup on the TSX and hopefully will have it done by then but I am having a hell of a time tracking down a set of 10mm bolt on spacers which I need for the fronts. Might try and find someone else to drive the IS to the meet but not really sure who yet. (sure I will get tons of offers now from people I don't even know )
Old 10-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Try not to blow *all* your parent's money on cars now.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Those are great pictures, I really do like the blue available on the IS-F

Originally Posted by Brandon24pdx
Try not to blow *all* your parent's money on cars now.
Blow it all. What good is a retirement plan these days anyways?
Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
You should bring the pink CE's down one day and we will throw them on the is300 and lower it down some.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:55 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Please don't. Again, it's a TSX... not a Civic.
Sweet car for a 16 year old! I bet you slayed in high school So at what age did you buy a house?
5,000 miles a year is a lot for a project/show car. I was thinking this was something you only drove to shows every few weeks.

And why would you want to switch to a striaght pipe exhaust?

It's a TSX man, not a Civic.

Love the IS-F though.
I understand your reasoning. I would think having a IS-F as a daily driver is a great choice. It's a fun to drive sedan. Perfect.

How often do you drive the TSX or is it a garage queen?
Obviously not enough to install a manual transmission.
Oh. So you have a $30k car with tens of thousands of modifications and now a $40k daily driver and you're still renting (or worse, living with mom and dad)?
Who's stopping him? It's a public forum and it would be an EXTREMELY boring one if we all agreed with each other.
^
You are a clown. kek kek kek.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:32 PM

Well guess I have a small update for this. I have picked up an ipod interface for the F and normally I would never post about anything like this because honestly who cares but this is the best ipod integration piece I have honestly ever seen for a car. It made by a company called VaisTech and the unit is called the ML+. You don't ever need the ipod to control it and the display output is amazing. Also instead of being regular analog audio signal it is full digital over USB instead and it is extremely obvious how much better the quality is over regular ipod interfaces at least to me.

Main menu looks just like the ipod

Album menu

Songs menu

Song Playing

Audio Controls

Can play movies from the ipod

Nicely tucked away in the armrest where it stays unless you want to play a movie which is the only part that can't be controlled from the screen.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:39 PM

Also I have been getting the mod bug lately and it has been hard to stay away so I figured why not try something out that I already have. So I decided to test fit the Junction Produce Scara wheels I have the TSX just sitting in the basement on the F. First off please excuse the filth on the car. I had just made a 7 hour trip from NC to PA a day earlier and the temps in PA were not meant for washing cars. Also obviously if I would ever actually put these on the car I would lower the car before hand as well.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
dont like those on that car
Old 02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
jason, throw the stockies back on! i'm still not a fan of the is-f styling but i'm sure you're all smiles behind the wheel =). b safe out there bro
Old 02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by myron
dont like those on that car

Just my opinion though.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:04 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Beautiful pics, however I'd throw the stockies back on.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Update on mileage? Ride Quality? How does it do in the snow? Inquiring minds wanna know?
How is it for long trips?

I am not sure how I feel about the wheels....
Old 02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
stockies!!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:36 PM

Well no worries the wheels are not on the car right now. Only two were put on one side for a quick test fit and the stock wheels are back on.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Loseit
Update on mileage? Ride Quality? How does it do in the snow? Inquiring minds wanna know?
How is it for long trips?

I am not sure how I feel about the wheels....
Well I purchased it with just over 24k miles in September and Now at the end of January I passed 35k miles on it. So in 5 months I have put around 11k miles on it. So far I love everything about it. It is a great long cruise travel car in my opinion as long as you are only taking 2 people. The leg room in the back is definitely cramped if someone would be back there for a long period of time and most of the time I have to move my seat forward. I am not even tall by any means either.

As far as ride quality on long trips I think it is great personally. However, I have a TSX with TEIN Flex coils on it that I drive on full stiff a majority of the time. You definitely will know it though when you do hit a bump though but I don't believe it is bone jarring at all.

Snow wise I haven't really had much of a test all other than once. Before moving down to Charlotte, NC we got about 3/4in - 1in of snow back in PA in December and with the snow mode on and summer tires it still did pretty good as long as you left a little more stopping room. Down in Charlotte we got 3in and about half inch of ice one week and well when that occurs apparently it is the norm to just work from home so that is what I did so I never went out to test it. I am sure though with the proper tires it would do just great as there are several owners on the Lexus boards from Colorado and Minnesota that drive them year round.

Overall the car is a black to drive all though during my commutes I normally opt of for a conservative approach to get the most out of my gas that I can haha. Definitely doesn't mean I don't unleash it though sometimes and when you do it definitely goes.

Fun little story. I was at a stop light the other night that has about 3/8mile after it before it merges from 2 to one and a pickup was next to me. I left quicker than someone normally would but not extremely fast and apparently the truck didn't like the thought of me being the first at the merge so he started to inch past me. Gas to the floor, thrown back in seat, oh and well truck driver seemed pretty lost and confused after that.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,180 Likes on 688 Posts
That interface is awesome and the F looks great but I have to agree with everyone else, not a fan of the wheels
Old 02-02-2011, 02:19 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Damn that iPod interface is amazing!

I'm glad to hear that you put the stockies back on.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Love the car and the ipod. The wheels aren't right for it though.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
That is an awesome iPod interface. Glad you are enjoying the IS-F, it is an awesome car and something totally unexpected from Lexus. If you were closer to me, I'd take you on at the dragstrip for some fun.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:19 AM

Yeah I definitely need to take it to the track for sure sometime. I have a buddy that keeps asking me to go but its only a 1/8 mile track which seems silly to me. Its about a 45min to 1hr drive to the local 1/4mile strip.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:04 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Those pics look awesome and so does the i-pod interface. I though i may have seen you in pa, but maybe it was another is-f.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
sweet ride man...glad ur enjoying it... I agree that Ipod interface is

...went back and looked at the TSX build today... OMG... that no frakin DD anymore!

Quick Reply: Well, the TSX needed new wheels....ISF is back (Page 64)