Old 10-17-2018, 04:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Awesome pics!
Old 10-17-2018, 04:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
damn that Supra tho... was it 6mt?

Sorry, i personally would take your Supra over your Viper.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
That's a very unique/odd parking spot....lol

Very cool pics though!

Guessing you getting lot of comments and people wanting to race you?
Old 10-17-2018, 05:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9,966 Likes on 5,137 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
Awesome pics!
thanks boss
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
damn that Supra tho... was it 6mt?

Sorry, i personally would take your Supra over your Viper.
yes - 98 Supra 6MT with black interior - it was pretty nice. It was one of my top dream cars, I had been following the Supra line since it's inception in the late 70's. And to finally be able to buy one in its final year of production, I was ecstatic. It was my baby and I loved it to all hell. I never intended to sell it but unfortunately in 2002-2003 something called the tech boom crash happened and I was out of work for a while. A while too long and I had to start cutting. I very reluctantly sold the car after having been pushed to the wall, and it did help me rebuild. What's curious is after I sold it I filled that void with photography and bought my first DSLR and stuff. And that became my passion and primary artistic focus, with the gigantic chunk of sports car ownership, activities, costs and other investments thereof disappearing from my life, aside from car shows and races etc. I really don't know where I would be with photography if I hadn't sold it - maybe I would have still got into it? I don't know. Maybe not. Also back then, people had no idea what was going to happen with the value of the car. But maybe we could have surmised that, given the fact that there were only 279 turbo's produced in 1998. Talk about a low model run. You may or may not know I am big into music - I put a $10k custom stereo in that car and that was a top draw for me. Performance wise I only did what was known as "BPU" or basic performance upgrade. Intake, downpipe, exhaust, and higher boost - just these mods were good for 475hp and 450 lb-ft torque. Ran a best of 12.6 @ 115 mph. Ran it at Road America and Gingerman Raceway for test/touring laps and enjoyed that immensely. Look at all you made me write. I missed it for a long time......... but..... it was its own experience.

I don't really enjoy comparing it to the Viper, but people do ask me about that, here and there. The Supra was more of a luxury sports cruiser with sufficient pep - it was comfy and easy to drive wherever. If I had to relate it to an animal, it would be something like a tiger or other big cat. The Viper would be a hungry grizzly bear. The experience is raw and not comfortable - but that's what makes it so thrilling. I enjoy the hell out of both and it would be sweet to own both. Another thing, in the same way I dreamt of owning a Supra for so long, I have also dreamt of owning a raw American muscle car type beast for a long time. Back in "my first car" days I tried convincing my dad to get me a Firebird Formula 350 but he said that was too fast for me at the time (and he was right - there's no telling what I would have got into with that thing) - so I got a Grand Prix with the 3.1 V6 instead, which I totalled after like 1 year. Thankfully I was ok but yeah, as I said, 350 cubic inches would have been a bit much for me at that age. I think that's the experience that kind of left that flame burning, and made me want to have that kind of experience one day. Ideally though, I wanted a manual transmission, which that Formula did not have. It could have been a Vette, or Trans-Am, or any number of other possibilities - I think I mentioned it in here already but I was just about settled on a C6 Z06 before running across this Viper. I wanted the cammed engine with raucous loud exhaust, race car feel, and other such factors, which the Z06 also handled well. Right now, I don't miss the Supra much. The experience of owning and driving this Viper trounces about anything related to that Supra, with the one big omission being the stereo setup. Something I will likely address soon - not quite at that level, for instance I only need 1 sub say a JL 12W7 or 10W7, 1 amp - and interior speakers. I had a pretty elaborate setup in the Supra and I don't need that on this one to achieve similar or even better sound results, in this day and age.

Originally Posted by nist7

Very cool pics though!

yeah, weird.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy - here's something that happened last night downtown:

Actual convo on Clinton by Union Station just now, stopped at a light.

Guy in a suit walks up.

“Is that a Bugatti?”
“No it’s a Dodge”
“Congrats, I never talk to anyone on the street”
“Oh nice”
This car is so funny the way it makes people interact - people become completely unshy around it. At city intersections downtown and stuff people will just yell "VIPER!!!" without any inhibition - mostly kids and college types. I've been told I should be running a dash-cam at all times to record this funny stuff, and I agree I just haven't done it. I think this stuff comes from the fact that it kind of looks like a real-life Matchbox car, I mean its weird. And people have a fascination with it and you pretty much never see any downtown.

Another convo last week “is that a Bmw?” No it’s a Dodge. There's a fairly large # of people who don't have any idea what car this is. Will usually have 1 or 2 people come up at gas stations and ask about the car or say cool car or things of that nature. There's been so many incidents I can't keep track of it.

If I was one of those "Vlogger" type of social media type dudes I would be having an absolute FIELD DAY with this thing. Perhaps I may try that out sometime.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:21 PM
Senior Moderator

wider views of the parking situation today

The following 2 users liked this post by srika:
JT4 (10-18-2018), nist7 (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 05:27 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by srika

yes - 98 Supra 6MT with black interior - it was pretty nice. It was one of my top dream cars, I had been following the Supra line since it's inception in the late 70's. And to finally be able to buy one in its final year of production, I was ecstatic. It was my baby and I loved it to all hell. I never intended to sell it but unfortunately in 2002-2003 something called the tech boom crash happened and I was out of work for a while. A while too long and I had to start cutting. I very reluctantly sold the car after having been pushed to the wall, and it did help me rebuild. What's curious is after I sold it I filled that void with photography and bought my first DSLR and stuff. And that became my passion and primary artistic focus, with the gigantic chunk of sports car ownership, activities, costs and other investments thereof disappearing from my life, aside from car shows and races etc. I really don't know where I would be with photography if I hadn't sold it - maybe I would have still got into it? I don't know. Maybe not. Also back then, people had no idea what was going to happen with the value of the car. But maybe we could have surmised that, given the fact that there were only 279 turbo's produced in 1998. Talk about a low model run. You may or may not know I am big into music - I put a $10k custom stereo in that car and that was a top draw for me. Performance wise I only did what was known as "BPU" or basic performance upgrade. Intake, downpipe, exhaust, and higher boost - just these mods were good for 475hp and 450 lb-ft torque. Ran a best of 12.6 @ 115 mph. Ran it at Road America and Gingerman Raceway for test/touring laps and enjoyed that immensely. Look at all you made me write. I missed it for a long time......... but..... it was its own experience.

I don't really enjoy comparing it to the Viper, but people do ask me about that, here and there. The Supra was more of a luxury sports cruiser with sufficient pep - it was comfy and easy to drive wherever. If I had to relate it to an animal, it would be something like a tiger or other big cat. The Viper would be a hungry grizzly bear. The experience is raw and not comfortable - but that's what makes it so thrilling. I enjoy the hell out of both and it would be sweet to own both. Another thing, in the same way I dreamt of owning a Supra for so long, I have also dreamt of owning a raw American muscle car type beast for a long time. Back in "my first car" days I tried convincing my dad to get me a Firebird Formula 350 but he said that was too fast for me at the time (and he was right - there's no telling what I would have got into with that thing) - so I got a Grand Prix with the 3.1 V6 instead, which I totalled after like 1 year. Thankfully I was ok but yeah, as I said, 350 cubic inches would have been a bit much for me at that age. I think that's the experience that kind of left that flame burning, and made me want to have that kind of experience one day. Ideally though, I wanted a manual transmission, which that Formula did not have. It could have been a Vette, or Trans-Am, or any number of other possibilities - I think I mentioned it in here already but I was just about settled on a C6 Z06 before running across this Viper. I wanted the cammed engine with raucous loud exhaust, race car feel, and other such factors, which the Z06 also handled well. Right now, I don't miss the Supra much. The experience of owning and driving this Viper trounces about anything related to that Supra, with the one big omission being the stereo setup. Something I will likely address soon - not quite at that level, for instance I only need 1 sub say a JL 12W7 or 10W7, 1 amp - and interior speakers. I had a pretty elaborate setup in the Supra and I don't need that on this one to achieve similar or even better sound results, in this day and age.
Absolutely, we all had to prioritize at some point of our lives. I got rid of 2 s2000s and they still break my neck every time i see one on the street, especially the stock ones.
I guess we all want something that we can't have anymore (no longer in production).

Cars like Supra is an icon that is somewhat reachable to a lot of us, so that is why it is so attractive. We all know Viper, but it was something unattainable for most of us at the time.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:48 PM
Safety Car

Man, a 98 twin turbo supra? Dang, that thing would be worth MONEY today if you were able to keep it and basically have it mint/stock condition!

What other cars did you shop before deciding on the viper? I'm a few years away from getting a vehicle like this but I'm always curious to know how others arrived at their decision. i've always wanted a nice big american v8 sports car that can also handle, so the other car has been a corvette z06 or the gt 350 and viper is also up there being it is more exotic and not every midlife crisis dude has one.

I can say the same with car audio...I used to be really into it years ago but now...most stock systems are fine and maybe a tad bit more bass with good clear mids/highs.

This car is so funny the way it makes people interact - people become completely unshy around it. At city intersections downtown and stuff people will just yell "VIPER!!!" without any inhibition - mostly kids and college types. I've been told I should be running a dash-cam at all times to record this funny stuff, and I agree I just haven't done it. I think this stuff comes from the fact that it kind of looks like a real-life Matchbox car, I mean its weird. And people have a fascination with it and you pretty much never see any downtown.

Another convo last week “is that a Bmw?” No it’s a Dodge. There's a fairly large # of people who don't have any idea what car this is. Will usually have 1 or 2 people come up at gas stations and ask about the car or say cool car or things of that nature. There's been so many incidents I can't keep track of it.

If I was one of those "Vlogger" type of social media type dudes I would be having an absolute FIELD DAY with this thing. Perhaps I may try that out sometime.

Yeah majority of public have little knowledge of specific cars as evidenced by those Bugatti/BMW comments. But to each their own. I'm sure I have no idea how to differentiate one watch from another or photography equipment or stamps or [insert niche hobby here].

And definitely you should try to take a foray into the youtube world, it CAN be potentially lucrative if your channels grows and gets views.

I remember Dough DeMuro was a real small time youtuber and he was only doing as a small side thing to help get his writing started. Now he probably makes really healthy 6-figures a year from his youtube channel. But of course it would be impossible to really achieve that level of success, but some of the smaller youtubers I follow (20k subs or so) still make a reasonable money...at least enough to really subsidize (edit: some) their car cost. One guy has a F430 and has like 11k subs....and he makes several hundred a month....another is a corvette guy who is a bit more successful and he actually showed his earnings and it was a very nice little sum each month.

And you can even deduct costs of the car as a business expense if you use your car as your youtube channel feature....Doug DeMuro said in a reddit thread that basically all car youtubers do it and essentially you get a tax advantage for having a car like that (obviously has to be proportional to use and consult tax professional, etc.)

Last edited by nist7; 10-17-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:59 PM
Safety Car

Absolutely, we all had to prioritize at some point of our lives. I got rid of 2 s2000s and they still break my neck every time i see one on the street, especially the stock ones.
I guess we all want something that we can't have anymore (no longer in production).

Cars like Supra is an icon that is somewhat reachable to a lot of us, so that is why it is so attractive. We all know Viper, but it was something unattainable for most of us at the time.
Yeah, life gets in the way and priorities shift.

Not to be preacher.....but one thing that I read some time ago that struck a cord with me was this: A luxury good only becomes affordable when its financial impact to your life is nearly negligible.

We do this all the time on a small scale: movies, eating out, netflix, etc....because the cost is so small we are not affected so they are easily affordable. But when it does come to items that are of much greater cost....cars...in the 5 figure price range (sometimes 6 figures....) it becomes much more challenging to truly afford something in that level.

Last edited by nist7; 10-17-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:08 PM
Team Owner

Yolo!!!
Old 10-17-2018, 06:28 PM
Safety Car

Yolo!!!
Old 10-18-2018, 08:48 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
wider views of the parking situation today

OMG that spot is AWESOME.. You absolutely redeemed yourself... LOL
The following users liked this post:
srika (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 10:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Very cool pics though!

Oh I forgot to answer the second part Re: people wanting to race

So - it's not hardly as much as you would think, I mean, in 3800 miles of driving I've had zero people actually line up next to me and want to race - I have seen a number of cars wanting to keep up or going fast around me, mostly Vettes. They get kinda aggressive all of a sudden once they've seen me and of course I will gas it some to have a little fun as well. There have been a good number of "regular" cars that just kind of stay on pace nearby on the highway and such for a bit and then take off. I would guess taking pictures or video or something of that sort - hell, I would do it myself and did exactly that for many years - if I saw a Viper or other such uncommon car on the street. A number of fart-can ricer types revving and such. People generally appreciate the car and it's presence. I've had absolutely zero trouble (knock on wood) with the law - in fact I would say it's gone the opposite direction - cops and firefighters and such have given me nods and smiles while passing on foot - I also have Firefighter plates and want to give off that kind of patriotic "America" kind of aura. That's another aspect of this car I am truly appreciating, how it's an icon of America and shows support for America, in a very direct way. I mean there's people who take this kind of stuff very seriously. I truly believe this car helps with race relations, especially in this day and age
nist7 (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 11:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 811 Likes on 532 Posts
love the pics in the parking spot... you gotta photoshop the car straight though... it's pissing off my eye
Old 10-18-2018, 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by brian2
love the pics in the parking spot... you gotta photoshop the car straight though... it's pissing off my eye
your eyes are playing tricks on you

the car is straight, the garage floors are on a slant - not really much I can do about that - it's weird - but also though I do find the phenomena to be oddly curious
Old 10-18-2018, 11:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I was gonna say... There's a line on the driver's side of the car... And it's perfectly parallel to it.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TacoBello
I was gonna say... There's a line on the driver's side of the car... And it's perfectly parallel to it.
I have no idea what you are referring to.... the car is straight and the background is crooked on all the shots... of course I could have spent heavy time photoshopping to straighten everything but a) I didn’t feel like it and b) as an architectural photographer who spends a ridiculous amount of time on symmetry and overall geometry of photos, I find the organic and imperfect feel on these photos to be refreshing
Old 10-18-2018, 11:44 AM
Senior Moderator

It is weird tho, I mean typically the car would follow the slant of the garage. I think what this means is that the property “flattened” the parking area of this spot. (???)
Old 10-18-2018, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Ok I’m going a little crazy looking at these. No, the walls of the garage are straight, it means the car is what’s crooked in real life lol. I knew that. I swear.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Here they are with the architecture (mostly) straight. Better now?

Old 10-18-2018, 12:00 PM
Safety Car

I had to try quick.... I made the car a layer and then skewed it on the right side, then I made a layer out of the whole space inside the wall and skewed that on the left side.
Kind of fast and nasty, but it shows it can be done.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Nice but yeah I didn’t wanna change all that instead I wanted to keep it real.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:10 PM
Safety Car

that is like the 800CC silicone DD cups of sports cars, so I didn't think you'd mind
Old 10-18-2018, 01:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 992 Likes on 748 Posts

Talk about the Money Shot! New Avi?
Old 10-18-2018, 02:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by BreezyTL
Talk about the Money Shot! New Avi?
aw glad you liked it - I don't think I've fiddled with my avi since like, 2008?
Old 10-18-2018, 02:36 PM
Team Owner

I have no idea what you are referring to.... the car is straight and the background is crooked on all the shots... of course I could have spent heavy time photoshopping to straighten everything but a) I didn’t feel like it and b) as an architectural photographer who spends a ridiculous amount of time on symmetry and overall geometry of photos, I find the organic and imperfect feel on these photos to be refreshing
Are you on some bad drugs? I was just agreeing the car is perfectly straight

There's a line painted on the ground beside the viper, on the driver's side. It looks totally parallel to the line! Unless we are talking about a completely different pic here? I'm talking about the one where you're parked in your cubby in the underground lot
Old 10-18-2018, 02:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Oh ok. Hey not my fault you explained it badly.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:06 PM
Team Owner

Old 10-18-2018, 05:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Old 10-19-2018, 11:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Sweet pickup dude!!! Looks/sounds awesome.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,656 Likes on 2,490 Posts
Those shots are great and that is by far one of the best parking spots ever. Not sure it could be any safe unless it had a garage door to that area.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Man, a 98 twin turbo supra? Dang, that thing would be worth MONEY today if you were able to keep it and basically have it mint/stock condition!
Well, it was neither of those last two bits, I mean not crazy modded but it was modded. And, I put 63k miles on it in 6 years of ownership - I drove it a lot - which is why I bought it. I always tell myself, I have no idea what condition that car would be in if I still had it today lol. Probably have 300k miles on it or something. A close friend of mine who also bought a 98 Supra just like mine but black/black still has his, it has around 20k miles on it - he hasn't driven it much since our old car days phased away in 2004 or so. He doesn't really have any plans to sell it but yeah I'm told a very similar car at a car show here a few weeks back got multiple 6 figure offers to sell. That car is going on a wild trajectory. I give it credit for that but I don't really feel mine would have been on that plane, given it's mileage. It was still in good condition when I sold it though. I had regrets about selling it but alas.
What other cars did you shop before deciding on the viper? I'm a few years away from getting a vehicle like this but I'm always curious to know how others arrived at their decision. i've always wanted a nice big american v8 sports car that can also handle, so the other car has been a corvette z06 or the gt 350 and viper is also up there being it is more exotic and not every midlife crisis dude has one.
I was thinking similarly - 2 years ago I had a bit of a windfall after selling my condo and was considering a C7 Z06 heavily at that point but pretty much anyone I talked to steered me away from it mainly citing resale value - they said I would lose a lot of money on it if I bought one. I listened. They were wrong lol - sad. The 2015 Z06 - which is what I was looking at - are still going for 60's and 70's. That's literally the same price range when I was looking at them 2 years ago. The other thing though they were also plagued with heat soak issues due to the supercharging and lacking sufficient cooling thereof (hence the ZR1's hood effects) so I was iffy on the car regardless of resale value. Who knows what would have happened if I got one, it likely would have altered the course for me for a good while. I'm not a big fan of the buying and selling car process. Incidentally, I did drive a manual trans C7 Z06 for a good hour as a part of that process, and enjoyed it immensely. Far more refined than something like this Viper. Maybe in the future?

So then earlier this year I was thinking about the C6 Z06, which had always been on my mind, to greater or lesser degrees. I had a "bucket list" of options in mind – which I think I hinted on already - I wanted a big cammed engine with loud exhaust setup, manual trans, at least 550-600 hp with traps at least in the 120's (130's preferable), all resulting in a strong and lively driving experience and feel, every time I drove the car. All of these could be easily hit with the C6 Z06, but the Viper was not really in the picture at the time because I thought they were not in my current price range (30-40) - I just hadn't given them a good look recently. I absolutely love the sound of a cammed loud C6 Z06. So I was shopping C6 Z06's for weeks, and just about settled on one. It was a black/black in Jacksonville, with 35k miles or so, going for $33k. It was advisable to get a C6 Z06 with around 30-40k miles on it, since a fair number of them had a peculiar engine problem with valves that caused the engines to grenade suddenly - and so with cars with mileage above that, you could generally deduce that it had either already happened and addressed or it was not one of "those cars". This is a pretty big problem if you read the boards and GM pretty much did nothing about it. Sad.

Anyways fast forward to a couple weeks before I bought the car, and this Viper showed up on my primary AutoTrader email search alert – oh the criteria of this search will also give you a good indication of what I was looking for: V8, V10, or V12, RWD, manual trans, 25-40k. It had showed up because the price had been dropped below 40. (I had the V12 in there mainly for fun, I didn't actually see myself buying a V12 at that price range, I just wanted to see what would show up - the answer was, not much.) And then the gears started turning and I was like damn, I’m so set on getting this C6 Z06, what if I am able to swing this Viper instead? While I always loved the C6 Z06, I’d never say it was one of my “dream” cars – I mean sure it’s a sweet car, but it didn’t hold that same appeal for me. The Viper, on the other hand, I always loved, for the way it sits and looks, its ferocious raw feel, that crazy V10, and things of that nature. But things like this can have a certain “unattainable” feel to them, like, I always said ONE DAY, MAYBE I could get one. But when you suddenly realize you are much closer to that reality than you think, it’s kind of an odd feeling, kind of scary, obviously exciting, but it has a certain air of “unknown” that casts an odd shadow on the experience. But after those feelings subsided, which they did quickly, I started checking on all the things like insurance and maintenance, upkeep costs, tires, etc. etc. and I found that I could likely swing it. But I knew there were risks involved but alas, sometimes we take risks. And I felt this was one of those times.
Yeah majority of public have little knowledge of specific cars as evidenced by those Bugatti/BMW comments. But to each their own. I'm sure I have no idea how to differentiate one watch from another or photography equipment or stamps or [insert niche hobby here].
I think given the car’s age that has added to a sort of ambiguity in some ways. Although the big car fans are always going to know a Viper when they see it.

And definitely you should try to take a foray into the youtube world, it CAN be potentially lucrative if your channels grows and gets views.

I remember Dough DeMuro was a real small time youtuber and he was only doing as a small side thing to help get his writing started. Now he probably makes really healthy 6-figures a year from his youtube channel. But of course it would be impossible to really achieve that level of success, but some of the smaller youtubers I follow (20k subs or so) still make a reasonable money...at least enough to really subsidize (edit: some) their car cost. One guy has a F430 and has like 11k subs....and he makes several hundred a month....another is a corvette guy who is a bit more successful and he actually showed his earnings and it was a very nice little sum each month.

And you can even deduct costs of the car as a business expense if you use your car as your youtube channel feature....Doug DeMuro said in a reddit thread that basically all car youtubers do it and essentially you get a tax advantage for having a car like that (obviously has to be proportional to use and consult tax professional, etc.)
Thanks for all of this info, it is inspiring and I don’t know if I’ll actually try and do it, but maybe. The possibility of doing anything on Youtube with some frequency with these interests in mind has been a “maybe some day” kind of thing for me for years, I just haven’t had the next moves to do it ☹

Yeah, life gets in the way and priorities shift.

Not to be preacher.....but one thing that I read some time ago that struck a cord with me was this: A luxury good only becomes affordable when its financial impact to your life is nearly negligible.

We do this all the time on a small scale: movies, eating out, netflix, etc....because the cost is so small we are not affected so they are easily affordable. But when it does come to items that are of much greater cost....cars...in the 5 figure price range (sometimes 6 figures....) it becomes much more challenging to truly afford something in that level.
Thanks for the post, I definitely agree with what you said. And, to keep in mind the long-term investment coming from maintenance and upkeep, and GAS (lol), and things of that nature… sometimes you are in a position where you can make it all easier to swallow by making some adjustments to other things in your life, it’s a game of shuffling stuff around your baskets. I had other things that I was investing more into before, that I am shelving for a while and allocating stuff to the upkeep of this car now. And that is OK and doable.

Yolo!!!
well said.
Originally Posted by JT4
OMG that spot is AWESOME.. You absolutely redeemed yourself... LOL
haha thanks, yea it is a sweet spot and the first time I have ever seen it open so I had to park there.
Originally Posted by West6MT
Sweet pickup dude!!! Looks/sounds awesome.
thanks boss!
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
Those shots are great and that is by far one of the best parking spots ever. Not sure it could be any safe unless it had a garage door to that area.
Hey thanks a ton, yeah it is pretty sweet.
nist7 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 01:23 PM
Senior Moderator

ps. I've put 3900 miles on the car since buying it on Sept 8th. I drive my cars. Also living in Chicago, with the "good" weather coming to a close for this year, with any good days we have, I have been driving the car any chance I get. I have no idea how the winter is going to be, but if it gets real shitty later, yeah I won't be driving it at all. This car has never seen snow or salt etc. and I want to try to keep it that way to the best of my ability.

I haven't had any trouble with the car so far, knock on wood.
nist7 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 03:14 PM
Senior Moderator

HID install went great, super happy with the results and makes night driving so so so much better. That’s my friend who owns the black 98 Supra in the pic, incidentally. Did it at his house. (The first guy in the set of photos).

Last edited by srika; 10-23-2018 at 03:21 PM.
nist7 (10-23-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 10:16 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts

Too slow!!

Great posts, the story / history is just as cool as the rides themselves.

Don't die!! One of my fave vlogs is Casey P's viper story.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,649 Likes on 13,889 Posts
It is unique to be able to describe the differences in a Supra and now, the Viper.

Definitely not many of us can go around comparing or having truly experienced both. Jearous.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,649 Likes on 13,889 Posts
But, remember, an RLX with upgraded tires would destroy this Viper in 1 second flat.