Screwed up a '99 M3 this weekend :-)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 02:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screwed up a '99 M3 this weekend :-)

Well, the guys in Chicago have seen the car. The blue M3 which came to the meet. Well, this guy wanted to trade cars with me plus he was giving me money along with the trade. So we traded cars Thursday night until Friday night and I found so many little things f'd up with his car on Thursday night alone. I called him and he kept telling me that its supposed to be like that! I figured after our conversation that this guy was trying to F me over.

I dont like to be taken advantage of or like to have people screw me over. So I thought that I'd 'practice' my powershifts Drove the car about 30 miles and then called my friend Paul to meet up with him for some 'fun' with the car. He took it out for approx. 5 min. and brought the car back with the brakes steaming and the engine smoking!!!!!!! I was like HOLY SHIT! Got a good laugh at that one. We had to open the hood because there was a little smoke coming out of the engine and we had to let it cool.

Well, after that was not good. The clutch hit the ground and stayed! We got it towed to our mechanic Thursday night because we thought it was the linkage and it would be a quick/cheap fix and I would return the car Friday afternoon and get mine back.

Friday comes around and I find out from my mechanic that the car had its slave and master cylinders totally messed up!

Got that thing towed to the BMW dealer and got my car back that night with some effort from our friendly police dept.

Next day, screened my phone and its all over now

Lesson for that guy: Don't try to screw people over!

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
Surprise @ Forums atwww.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-18-2001, 02:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yikes, just hope that guy doesn't come looking for some 'evening up'. So what exactly was wrong with the car?

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr CAI (Temporary)
SilverKnight Mesh Grill
Custom BASS by [URL=http://www.streeteffectz.com

01'Acura Integra GSR
No Mods yet but just wait......
Old 06-18-2001, 03:06 PM
Suzuka Master

I guess the M engineering didn't hold up. against the abuse.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter w/ custom CAI. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers,Springs,Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.Polarg m6

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 06-18-2001, 03:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts

See I told you (in your other post asking for opinions). Something sounded fishy from the beginning. You're better off, plus, yellow on that car is so sweet!!

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0
Mods: * PIAA Superwhite Headlights ** Rabrig Superwhite corners ** PIAA 1100x Superwhite fogs ** Clear Bumpers (finally) ** tinted windows (20% rear / 35% rest) ** Weapon-R F1 Carbon Intake ** (NOW FOR SALE!!)

Moderator - 1st Gen and Car Talk
Email: juniorbean@acura-cl.com
Old 06-18-2001, 03:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

JuniorBean!
Nice to put a face to a name good meeting you at "the meet"

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr CAI (Temporary)
SilverKnight Mesh Grill

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 06-18-2001, 03:43 PM
Old timer

What a shitty attitude. You fucked some guy's car up because he wanted to trade with you?

That's how it sounds so far because you've failed to tell us what the "so many things wrong with it" are.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
50% tint sides, 35% back.
Old 06-18-2001, 08:52 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JRock:
What a shitty attitude. You fucked some guy's car up because he wanted to trade with you?

That's how it sounds so far because you've failed to tell us what the "so many things wrong with it" are.

-J

</font>
I agree....if it was my car, things wouldn't be so pretty!

------------------
--&gt; RUVZ
2001 3.2CL Type S - Satin Silver - Polarg M6 roadlamps, 35% tint
Coming VERY soon: Eibach Springs, AEM CAI, Brembo Rotors
Old 06-18-2001, 08:57 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Come on M3sins, tell us what was wrong with that car, make it good cuz right now you don't look very good.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Park Ave Acura CAI
SilverKnight Mesh Grill

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 06-18-2001, 09:00 PM
Pro

well I will hgold off on making a judgement till you tell us what was wrong with his. I mean we all knew something couldnt be right . Did you take his to a mechanic to have it inspected before you traded.
I guess you guys didnt sign your titles over cause otherwise you wouldnt have any grounds to take your old one back .

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S
San Marino red
non nav.
Neuspeed strut
Old 06-18-2001, 11:30 PM
Team Owner

I must ask……...…

Don’t you wonder how he was driving YOUR car while you were beating the SHIT out of his ???

Shawn S

------------------
Make me an offer….It’s FOR SALE when the 6-Speed MANUAL comes out, I HATE the SLUSH SHIFT !!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - X****r CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 06-18-2001, 11:32 PM
Kill the Chicken heads

damn funny

------------------
Nick
01' Cl-S Silver/ Black W/ Navi and Spoiler
V-1 Radar Hard Wired, Limo Tint all around
Comptech Headers, Sways, Springs, and AEM CAI
I've got one of the CLS's from the fast batch.
Lead Foot!
Old 06-18-2001, 11:50 PM
do it yourself, !

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn S:
I must ask……...…

Don’t you wonder how he was driving YOUR car while you were beating the SHIT out of his ???

Shawn S

</font>

Maybe he just wanted that weekend to trade because some hot chick he was stalking loved the color yellow. So he picked her up and the f*cked in your backseat and he jizzed all over your seats. I'd rather my car get the abuse that you did then half the things some "sicko's" out there would do. hahahahhaa

-j

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S
Black - Ebony Interior - Spoiler - 20% Tint - Cleared Headlights - Solaris 9005 Highbeams - Complete bulb replacement with Polargs
18 x 8.5 SSR GPO DeColte Evolutions on Nitto 555's - Comptech Headers

2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Black - Black Interior - Nav - (Chrome AMG Rims-Sold)
Old 06-19-2001, 12:07 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I recall it was a '99 M3? If there were 'little things' wrong wouldn't the factory warranty still apply? If not, couldn't the additional cash he was offering take care of the problems?

------------------
01 Silver CLS
Old 06-19-2001, 02:35 AM
Banned

First off, no the factory will not take care of those things since the car was had a salvage title. I was told that the car was restored to 100% new without any frame damage. Frame damage part was legit, hoever the rest wasn't.

1. Wrong kidney grill (from '95/'96 M3, not '99)
2. Mesh grill loose (needs replacing, looked liked it was glued on there)
3. Glove compartment had 1/2" gap between full closing (he said that it was normal)
4. Passenger side of hood didn't line up correctly
5. Small dime size rust spot in front from paint chip (remember, this is a '99 M3)
6. Inside center console brackets loose and center console pulls up easily (for sure not factory)
7. Lighted ///M Shifter, not lighted anymore.
8. Seats were very dirty (gray leather was extremely dirty after he took his junk out)
9. Weird smell in the car (he said it was normal, but I think it smelled like shit!)
10. Didn't have stock airbox, had a cheap K&N filter instead (said he 'lost' the airbox).
11. Alarm didn't work nor did the door lock/unlock.
12. Tints were massively scratched upon closer inspection.
13. Exhaust was hanging about 1" lower than it should in the rear when lined up to the diffuser.
14. Euro lights were American made, not german as I was told. (Must be the small 'made in usa' imprint from Germany. If you know about USA built lights, you'll understand)
15. He 'lost' the original key so all he had was a valet key.
16. 6-disc cd-changer was 'hanging' by one bolt in trunk.
17. Center fold down arm-rest was very loose (couldn't tighten, tried it).
18. Driver side seatbelt was unbolted and useless (he said he doesn't like to wear his belt so he did this. Doesn't make sense).

Thats all I can think of right now, I'm sure there were more....

I guess he was right, the car was restored to 100% perfect and was MINT vs. mine needing LOTS of work (new clutch, thats it). By the way he later told me that he wanted to give me only $1500 + his car since he didn' think my car was worth as much as I said.

As for the fact about him beating on my car, I don't think he could have since my slipping clutch would have put an end to his fun. My car is VERY bad above 1st gear. I ordered a new clutch kit today and should have it installed by Saturday.

<flame suit on>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-19-2001, 03:47 AM
Racer

So I'm curious... what all went down after you guys found out what was wrong with his car? How did you get out of all responsibility for what you did? Im not saying you were 100% responsible, but the fact that you were driving it when it happened (hard I might add) would implicate you hold some responsibility for the damages. Are you worried he could sue you or anything like that?

------------------
Satin Silver CL Type S w/Navi
---
DOM 09/2000
Old 06-19-2001, 12:50 PM
Banned

He can't sue me, he was a little too stupid to take down any of my info. He only knows me by my first name (ken) and he knows my cell phone number which has been changed (had to do for other reasons anyways). He doesn't have any additional info, doesn't even know where I live. I on the other hand have a copy of his drivers license and insurance card plus his work/home/cell #. Damn I love power-shifts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by beestea:
So I'm curious... what all went down after you guys found out what was wrong with his car? How did you get out of all responsibility for what you did? Im not saying you were 100% responsible, but the fact that you were driving it when it happened (hard I might add) would implicate you hold some responsibility for the damages. Are you worried he could sue you or anything like that?

</font>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-19-2001, 01:09 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by M3Sins:
He can't sue me, he was a little too stupid to take down any of my info. He only knows me by my first name (ken) and he knows my cell phone number which has been changed (had to do for other reasons anyways). He doesn't have any additional info, doesn't even know where I live. I on the other hand have a copy of his drivers license and insurance card plus his work/home/cell #. Damn I love power-shifts

</font>
Sins,

Since he has/had your car, I'd assume that he has your plate number, no? That's all he really needs to get your identity.

I'm not saying that the guy is gonna sue your or anything. Only that he can definitely track you down.

------------------
99 M3
dead CL-S

Tom2: The Voice Of Reason and Captain of the Bullshit Police.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:14 PM
Banned

He most likely doesn't have my plate. The isn't too smart and that can be quoted by several other people.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tom2:
Sins,

Since he has/had your car, I'd assume that he has your plate number, no? That's all he really needs to get your identity.

I'm not saying that the guy is gonna sue your or anything. Only that he can definitely track you down.

</font>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-19-2001, 02:40 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by M3Sins:
First off, no the factory will not take care of those things since the car was had a salvage title. I was told that the car was restored to 100% new without any frame damage. Frame damage part was legit, hoever the rest wasn't.</font>
OK, so let me get this right, you knew before hand that the 99 M3 had a salvage title, right? Do you have a clue what that meant? Right there should have been enough for you to walk away!!! That car at one time was totaled by an ins. company...So basically you f***ed up yourself by trading and got VERY lucky you got yourself out of it, or this is on big story...hmmmmm....???

------------------
2001 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
also 97 Dakar yellow M3 and 99 Tacoma

[This message has been edited by ATLCL-S (edited 06-19-2001).]
Old 06-19-2001, 02:51 PM
magnet

if you know the car had a salvage title why would u trade hello that car was crashed why do u think the hood doesnt line up

------------------
2001 3.5 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, aem cold air intake,nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter, dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished,s-afc,
INFECTED WITH POST WHORE SYNDROME
Old 06-19-2001, 02:54 PM
Banned

Long story....too much to type...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ATLCL-S:
OK, so let me get this right, you knew before hand that the 99 M3 had a salvage title, right? Do you have a clue what that meant? Right there should have been enough for you to walk away!!! That car at one time was totaled by an ins. company...So basically you f***ed up yourself by trading and got VERY lucky you got yourself out of it, or this is on big story...hmmmmm....???

</font>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here