Old 04-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
SSFTSX, REALLY??
Old 04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I drive a Subata.

just noticed you drive TSX..........

again, see what I'm talking about? we shouldn't make a thread with all these magazine comparo.

some are ridiculously biased. "some"
Old 04-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Back From The dead

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
This is my 05 Leggy GT Ltd. Full STI swap and suspension work. With all of the tweaks, I gained performance at the expense of ride comfort and driveability. The current Legacy while bigger in size, has no style. In my opinion, it is bland and boring. I always throw in the "my opinion" part, btw. So like the S4, with all of the performance you lose something. If Acura can take the driveability of the TL and put it in a smaller package like the TSX; throw in a 6mt, they have a contender. It may not be quite as fast as an S4, but you'd have much better reliability and driveability. To me it would be worth losing a tenth or a couple of mph in trap to get something better.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:47 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Acura current styling were initially polarizing and consumers were not accepting it but now sales have improved to its historice level which were 60% of Lexus sales. and Acura average price point has moved up significantly with new TL/TSX/MDX. once sales move up for such expensive vehicles it means design is atleast acceptable.

sales in Canada are up 50% previous month. Acura has now 22 dealers in China

I dont see that many 2.5GT Limited Subarus which can realistically compete with Acuras.
Still looks like total shit. I was considering buying another Acura but now I never, ever will until they actually make something that won't embarrass me when I get in and out of it.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Back From The dead

Yeah, the Suby would make a much better choice. It's not like they didn't ruin both the Imprezza and the Legacy. The Forrester still looks pretty good though.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
Still looks like total shit. I was considering buying another Acura but now I never, ever will until they actually make something that won't embarrass me when I get in and out of it.
I think Acura current designs are gaining ground. I see alot TL/TSX now. there are wide modification availables to change grill, bumpers, lights, rims etc. It will be still be cheaper than buying those plain Infiniti/BMWs. BMW 3 are just too many, too low and small.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Acura current styling were initially polarizing and consumers were not accepting it but now sales have improved to its historice level which were 60% of Lexus sales. and Acura average price point has moved up significantly with new TL/TSX/MDX. once sales move up for such expensive vehicles it means design is atleast acceptable.

sales in Canada are up 50% previous month. Acura has now 22 dealers in China

I dont see that many 2.5GT Limited Subarus which can realistically compete with Acuras.
You ought to climb back into the sewer you crawled out of...

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, you've posted thus far shows anything other than your ability to quote numbers based on automotive magazines. Unless you take magazines to be the holy trinity of information then you probably ought to stop posting the same facts and figures repeatedly because of everyone having called you out.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Back From The dead

Originally Posted by 2000TaffetaTL
You ought to climb back into the sewer you crawled out of...

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, you've posted thus far shows anything other than your ability to quote numbers based on automotive magazines. Unless you take magazines to be the holy trinity of information then you probably ought to stop posting the same facts and figures repeatedly because of everyone having called you out.
Public forum. If you don't like what he has to say, put him on ignore. You don't need to crap the thread with personal attacks.

Last edited by NJ SHAWD; 04-04-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ SHAWD
Public forum. If you don't like what he has to say, put him on ignore. You don't need to crap the thread with personal attacks.
Well then the same could be said for SSFTSX and all of his paper racing assumptions.

Last edited by fsttyms1; 04-04-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Back From The dead

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Well then the same could be said for SSFTSX and all of his paper racing assumptions.
You're right, he could ignore the other guy too but he's not telling him to crawl back in to his sewer. You ought to be the one making these statements, not me.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
When idiots like SSFTSX post shit on the forum I'm going to cal them out. They're wasting bandwidth and oxygen.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

u simply dont want to admit that Honda can very easily built a car that is faster than G37 and outhandles it with superior noise & wind suppression with ACE body structure safety.
Here is a peace offering for you and everyone:

Please get back to us when a new stock TL or TSX does 0-60 MPH in 5.0 seconds flat, and the 1/4 mile in 13.5 @ 105.3 MPH:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html
Old 04-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
I think Acura current designs are gaining ground. I see alot TL/TSX now. there are wide modification availables to change grill, bumpers, lights, rims etc. It will be still be cheaper than buying those plain Infiniti/BMWs. BMW 3 are just too many, too low and small.

There designs have gone forward? Nice. The only reason the TSX looks decent because it is a European Accord.

As far as the second statement, there is a reason you so many of those "plain" cars. They are dynamically better vehicles. Being different doesn't mean being better.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Back From The dead

Originally Posted by 2000TaffetaTL
When idiots like SSFTSX post shit on the forum I'm going to cal them out. They're wasting bandwidth and oxygen.
I can only assume it's the young age that makes you think it's OK to go off on someone who doesn't agree with you. Maybe when you experience a little more of life you'll get a better understanding. What gives you the right to call anyone an idiot on a public forum or anywhere else? If you don't agree, hit ignore. If that doesn't work try a thread that may have sonething to do with your car.

Last edited by NJ SHAWD; 04-04-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I can only assume it's the young age that makes you think it's OK to go off on someone who doesn't agree with you. Maybe when you experience a little more of life you'll get a better understanding. What gives you the right to call anyone an idiot on a public forum or anywhere else? If you don't agree, hit ignore. If that doesn't work try a thread that may have sonething to do with your car.
You obviously haven't had to endure SSFTSX in any other sections (Automotive News springs to mind)...
Old 04-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Senneca01
Here is a peace offering for you and everyone:

Please get back to us when a new stock TL or TSX does 0-60 MPH in 5.0 seconds flat, and the 1/4 mile in 13.5 @ 105.3 MPH:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html
R&T achive better times than that for G37. below 5 second for G37. There is nothing special about it.
This G37 is more comparable to 1G TSX in width with lower height.
Put 3.7L 330 bhp in any Acura automobile with similar weight/width 6MT or 6AT it will give same result.
What special about TL-SH-AWD is that is 74inch wide, tall and 195inch long 4000+lbs ACE body structure Monster that achieved 0.92g & 0-60 in 5.2 second. all with only 305bhp to play with.

you have to consider Honda is company that is extremely profitable for decades (may be in hundreds of billions in today depreciating dollars) not lost any money , R&D spending closer to Toyota with much less products to focus on so it is very indepth research behind it. not easily replicate by competitors. They are not expanding like Nissan/Hyundai into everything.
It is not like 1997 Korean currency crises that set them back fully a decade.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:00 PM
I drive a Subata.

omg
Old 04-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
R&T achive better times than that for G37. below 5 second for G37. There is nothing special about it.
This G37 is more comparable to 1G TSX in width with lower height.
Put 3.7L 330 bhp in any Acura automobile with similar weight/width 6MT or 6AT it will give same result.
What special about TL-SH-AWD is that is 74inch wide, tall and 195inch long 4000+lbs ACE body structure Monster that achieved 0.92g & 0-60 in 5.2 second. all with only 305bhp to play with.

you have to consider Honda is company that is extremely profitable for decades (may be in hundreds of billions in today depreciating dollars) not lost any money , R&D spending closer to Toyota with much less products to focus on so it is very indepth research behind it. not easily replicate by competitors. They are not expanding like Nissan/Hyundai into everything.
It is not like 1997 Korean currency crises that set them back fully a decade.
So because the TL is a fat pig yet still manages decent performance, Honda is somehow the "God of carmakers"??? The TL SHAWD 6MT (I feel stupid having to type that out) is a great driver's car. Nobody's saying it isn't. But it is NOT the end-all, be-all of performance. ANd strapping this drivetrain into a TSX will NOT make it a "GT-R beater"...
Old 04-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
So because the TL is a fat pig yet still manages decent performance, Honda is somehow the "God of carmakers"??? The TL SHAWD 6MT (I feel stupid having to type that out) is a great driver's car. Nobody's saying it isn't. But it is NOT the end-all, be-all of performance. ANd strapping this drivetrain into a TSX will NOT make it a "GT-R beater"...
i didnot claimed TSX will become GT-R. It will be competent enough to be second or equal to S4 in this kind of competition.
It is not about creating GT-R beater car. Although Honda has both the money & technical ability to create GT-R beater.

Honda philoshpy is to create car for consumers that are reliable, longer life, safe, comfortabe, spacious, aerodynamically competent and can make money for Honda.
Turning a large family size car into sport sedan with competing against much smaller rivals is not easy. and it is still affordable SH-AWD. it dont cost like Audi/BMW torque vectoring. this kind of ability comes from inhouse R&D over long period of time. maybe a decade long. you cannot just buy these things off the shelf like transmissions
Most companies cannt wait that long for R&D efforts. Only Honda with deep pockets can manage it and Toyota but they too many products too look after and are in deep financial hole. so i am not expecting any challenge from them. Honda will have ulimate hybrid tech but it will take longer to introduce. they will not need license it from Toyota.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:49 PM
I drive a Subata.

TSX = S4 in performance

and can you please stop talking about that non sense honda philosophy crap? who are you really??
Old 04-05-2010, 12:05 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I keep coming back to this thread, hoping there is some insightful input being added or some meaningful discussion going on, but instead there are only SSFTSX posts or replies to SSFTSX posts. I know, I'm helping too, huh?

Is there a way I can put a thread on ignore? I've gotten the user part down a long time now.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JS + MS3
TSX = S4 in performance

and can you please stop talking about that non sense honda philosophy crap? who are you really??
No no u got it wrong its not TSX = S4

Its TSX>>>S4 lol

Lets face it, we buy the TSX cuz we cant afford a 3 series or a G37
Old 04-05-2010, 05:44 AM
Back From The dead

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
You obviously haven't had to endure SSFTSX in any other sections (Automotive News springs to mind)...
Believe me I get it. I've been on multiple forums for years prior to this one. You always have people going on about things you don't want to hear. But this is an open forum and you're ALWAYS going to find opinions, and even personalities that you don't like. There is no excuse for attacking someone personally becuase you don't like how they think. When it becomes acceptable to act that way towards another person in any public forum...even an internet forum, we're all screwed.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 986 Likes on 530 Posts
This is my 05 Leggy GT Ltd. Full STI swap and suspension work. With all of the tweaks, I gained performance at the expense of ride comfort and driveability. The current Legacy while bigger in size, has no style. In my opinion, it is bland and boring. I always throw in the "my opinion" part, btw. So like the S4, with all of the performance you lose something. If Acura can take the driveability of the TL and put it in a smaller package like the TSX; throw in a 6mt, they have a contender. It may not be quite as fast as an S4, but you'd have much better reliability and driveability. To me it would be worth losing a tenth or a couple of mph in trap to get something better.

Beautiful ride. I disagree with the "bland and boring" part for the 2010 MY, but I personally like the 2008/09 cars. Now for me, I loved the Euro Accord R, but a FWD, 4 cylinder sports car with a nice interior was not worth the money to me. And over here, the Accord (TSX) is at a high price premium just because of the Honda name. My choice in car had to do with handling and sports car feel, and my Subaru just feels better. I digress.

I have no doubt, that if Honda wanted to make the TSX into a BMW/Audi fighter, it could do it. They went another direction, and a lot of people like it for what it is.

Same thing with the TL. They could have went in a different styling direction, but not THAT different. They have equipped the TL with nice hardware, but the body is a bit polarizing. I love the SHAWD being in something other than the RL, but at $40K plus, having a similar style as the Euro Accord would have made it an outstanding car.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
....I'm biting my tongue on this thread and will let one of the more senior mods conduct this accordingly. That said, I'm on the same page as fsttyms1....hopefully, I wont get beaten and flogged for being on said page.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mrmako
Same thing with the TL. They could have went in a different styling direction, but not THAT different. They have equipped the TL with nice hardware, but the body is a bit polarizing. I love the SHAWD being in something other than the RL, but at $40K plus, having a similar style as the Euro Accord would have made it an outstanding car.
Well stated. And I love that euphemism 'polarizing'; I should have used that term earlier in this thread just to keep things "PC".
Old 04-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Back From The dead

Originally Posted by mrmako
Beautiful ride. I disagree with the "bland and boring" part for the 2010 MY, but I personally like the 2008/09 cars. Now for me, I loved the Euro Accord R, but a FWD, 4 cylinder sports car with a nice interior was not worth the money to me. And over here, the Accord (TSX) is at a high price premium just because of the Honda name. My choice in car had to do with handling and sports car feel, and my Subaru just feels better. I digress.

I have no doubt, that if Honda wanted to make the TSX into a BMW/Audi fighter, it could do it. They went another direction, and a lot of people like it for what it is.

I'll agree with you on this all the way around. I owned an 03 G with a full Nismo kit. Every time I walked away from it I would always turn around and stare at it. It was a hot looking car that I enjoyed looking at. I don't have that with the TL, so the two options are embrace the ugliness, or look for ways to make it better. For now, I'll embrace it.
What Acura has now or may have in the future is really meaningless in the scheme of things. What SSFTSX thinks about it doesn't make him an idiot, just as what Taffeta thinks about SSF's posts doesn't make him an idiot either. Not until someone turns it in to open season on someone else for their opinions. At that point it's just wrong. Some of the Mods here may think it's okay, because they share the same opinion. As a mod, you're not supposed to bite your tongue with that kind of crap, you're supposed to squash it. Everyone here has the right to speak their peace, as long as it isn't an attack.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Senior Moderator

This thread will not end well so we'll put it out of it's misery.