The Official Motorcycles/Scooters Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,145 Likes on 4,812 Posts
Originally Posted by Waltah
my buddy just bought 2 scooters (150cc china things) from scooterdepot. theyre tech support sucks and in general the place is a scam it seems. my buddy thought he had it good until the second one wouldnt start. first one is fine.

its a carbureted 150cc engine. you hit the start button and it just sits and cranks.

things we checked

: disco'd fuel line after filter....it spits fuel when starting. so it has fuel
: checked gap on spark plug. hit start button while plug was sitting in boot and we were looking at it. it didnt spark*** is this the issue? or will it not spark unless its grounded/screwed into the block?
:all vacuum lines match the other bike they have so those are good.
Hes not getting spark. Check all connections. Swap spark plugs with the bike that runs and see what happens.

BTW, Ramrod, where did you get your wheels? Id love to get a set of BSTs but the price is a bit rich for my blood at the moment. Ill most likely save up for them though, as lighter wheels make a huge difference.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean
I pretty much buy all of my stuff from my local CycleGear. Prices are competitive and even if they are a few bucks more... I don't mind b/c of the service I get there. Great recommendations, get to try different things out, and an unbeatable return policy. Plus, if I do need to return something I can just return it... I don't have to pay shipping to do so. Even if I buy from CycleGear.com (which obviously has more of a selection on certain items)and lose the receipt I can just walk in, give them my last name, and they can look it up enabling me to exchange it at the store.
FYI, I just picked up some part-time hours at CycleGear. Once I start (which should be in about 2 weeks) I'll find out what that means as far as internet sales or selling to people who don't physically come into our location
Old 08-12-2010, 04:01 PM

Orly??
Old 08-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
BTW, Ramrod, where did you get your wheels? Id love to get a set of BSTs but the price is a bit rich for my blood at the moment. Ill most likely save up for them though, as lighter wheels make a huge difference.
Got them from Hard Racing....killer deal as they had overstock from last year that they were blowing out. I got one of 2 sets of black Marchis for the '08/'09 GSXR 600/750...totally lucked out.

I buy most of my stuff online as the shops around here don't have much...places that I've dealt with that have been great are: Sportbiketrackgear.com, Rider's Discount, Motomummy and OPP Racing up here. All great shops with good deals!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
FYI, I just picked up some part-time hours at CycleGear. Once I start (which should be in about 2 weeks) I'll find out what that means as far as internet sales or selling to people who don't physically come into our location
I just got a little bit of chub. Keep us posted!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
AZ discounts

No Stogie...not just Arizona, land of green carders or face deportation but Acurazine

Last edited by endo022; 08-12-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ramrodthrusterpuppy
Got them from Hard Racing....killer deal as they had overstock from last year that they were blowing out. I got one of 2 sets of black Marchis for the '08/'09 GSXR 600/750...totally lucked out.

I buy most of my stuff online as the shops around here don't have much...places that I've dealt with that have been great are: Sportbiketrackgear.com, Rider's Discount, Motomummy and OPP Racing up here. All great shops with good deals!
+1 for Riders Discount. They have fast shipping. The prices are average but the customer service and shipping makes up for it in spades. Theyre now running a deal on the Zero Gravity double bubble screens, but Im pissed because I placed an order Sunday for the TechSpec tank pads.

Originally Posted by endo022
AZ discounts

No Stogie...not just Arizona, land of green carders or face deportation but Acurazine

But x2 for AZine discounts.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:52 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Received 266 Likes on 131 Posts
Mod Bug

Ugh... the bug bit me again (buddies are modding their bikes).

Thinking about Pazzo levers, BMC Air Filter (should've installed this earlier instead of buying a new stock filter), and SS Brake Lines.

SS brake lines worth it? I'm not going to track my bike, it's going to be all street riding.

Anyone have Pazzo levers? I'm debating between Pazzo and ASV. ASV are more expensive, but have a better warranty, but I think I'm siding towards the Pazzos (long levers).

Thanks
Old 08-13-2010, 12:14 AM

Im not familiar with the brakes on the 600, but SS lines will firm up the levers a bit. If your brakes are a bit touchy to begin with, Id stick with the stock rubber lines. But, if you prefer a firmer level then by all means get them.

The 675 comes with SS lines (surprised me) and I have SS lines on my Hawk too.

Ramrod - Just checked out Hard Racing. I see they sell BST wheels. Id get my left nut for a set of those

Do they usually have blowouts on stuff like that? Id assume not for the BSTs, but.....

Last edited by civicdrivr; 08-13-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Ramrod - Just checked out Hard Racing. I see they sell BST wheels. Id get my left nut for a set of those

Do they usually have blowouts on stuff like that? Id assume not for the BSTs, but.....
Yeah, BSTs are pretty nice but hella expensive..not worth it unless you track your bike IMO.

All Marchesini dealers were blowing them out last Winter as the distributors had overstock, I happened to find mine at Hard Racing and they also had the best prices.

BTW, Rider's Discount probably has the best prices on the net on average for most of their stuff...and if you're a WERA member you get a further discount. There are some that may be a bit cheaper on a few things but on the whole I find that you can't beat them...I've bought a lot of stuff from Rider's Discount.

Last edited by Ramrodthrusterpuppy; 08-14-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:14 PM

Yea I just picked up a Zero Gravity screen from RD for about $15 less then everywhere else Ive looked.

The BSTs are about $3k for the set but the guys that do run them on the street absolutely love them. They say the wheels make more of a difference then intake/exhaust/tune.

But, $3k is still expensive. The Marchesinis are really nice but Id want a set in aluminum as the magnesium can't really withstand bumps and such from street use.

I actually picked up a Technomagnesio rear wheel for my Hawk last year sometime. It was never mounted on a bike, and it never had a tire on it. I have no intentions of mounting it either, its one of the few for the Hawk still around so Im just going to hold on to it for awhile.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:00 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

My GSXR has a garage friend. Buddy bought it this morning, 2007 CBR600RR with 1k miles. Rode it back from WV for him, it's a nice machine, different dynamics compared to my GSXR.

Ordered Galfer SS brake lines, Pazzo Levers, and a K&N filter this weekend. Hope to get those things installed by next weekend
Old 08-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Burning Brakes

The BSTs are about $3k for the set but the guys that do run them on the street absolutely love them. They say the wheels make more of a difference then intake/exhaust/tune.

But, $3k is still expensive. The Marchesinis are really nice but Id want a set in aluminum as the magnesium can't really withstand bumps and such from street use.
Don't get me wrong, BSTs are a beautiful wheel, I'd love to have a set....but I don't think that the expense justifies the performance gain on the street. Less rotational mass means better accleration, braking and lean-in...but the OEM wheels are pretty light and most just don't attain the extremes on the street that would make the BSTs shine....I'd still love a set!

Originally Posted by SHYUperman
My GSXR has a garage friend. Buddy bought it this morning, 2007 CBR600RR with 1k miles. Rode it back from WV for him, it's a nice machine, different dynamics compared to my GSXR.

Ordered Galfer SS brake lines, Pazzo Levers, and a K&N filter this weekend. Hope to get those things installed by next weekend
Those little CBRs are fantastic machines....very tossable. However, I still prefer my GSXR...it's a tad longer which gives me more room.

I have a nice Evotech milled aluminum exhaust hanger bracket that would look great on your GSXR...
Old 08-15-2010, 09:09 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Originally Posted by Ramrodthrusterpuppy
Don't get me wrong, BSTs are a beautiful wheel, I'd love to have a set....but I don't think that the expense justifies the performance gain on the street. Less rotational mass means better accleration, braking and lean-in...but the OEM wheels are pretty light and most just don't attain the extremes on the street that would make the BSTs shine....I'd still love a set!

Those little CBRs are fantastic machines....very tossable. However, I still prefer my GSXR...it's a tad longer which gives me more room.

I have a nice Evotech milled aluminum exhaust hanger bracket that would look great on your GSXR...
I agree, I like the size of the GSXR a lot better. I like the GSXR better overall, but there some qualities of the CBR I do like. Haha, I have an Akra shorty, no need for a hanger
Old 08-19-2010, 06:39 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Installed my Galfer SS brake lines and the K&N. Pazzos levers should be coming in Saturday. I'll post pics after everything is done.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:38 AM

How much did you pay for the Pazzos?

I got my Zero Gravity DB screen from Riders Discount Wednesday and it was cracked

But FedEx is coming to pick it up today and RD is sending me a new one

Last edited by civicdrivr; 08-20-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:05 AM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

How much did you pay for the Pazzos?

I got my Zero Gravity DB screen from Riders Discount Wednesday and it was cracked

But FedEx is coming to pick it up today and RD is sending me a new one

179$ shipped from motomummy.com (great place to stuff). Going to be riding all weekend, getting really excited. FedEx better deliver them tomorrow.

Uf, that sucks about the screen How's the 675 treating you?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 AM

With all the rain the bike hasnt been out of the garage. Plus Ive not been feeling well this past week and I refuse to get on the bike unless Im 100%.

But Ive been doing some work to it. My Protons came in yesterday. The Techspec tank pads came in earlier this week. I picked up an APE cam chain tensioner so I might install that this weekend. I got my HID kit last week. I ordered a Skidmarx rear hugger yesterday and it should be here next week. Ive also got my detailing supplies coming in on Tuesday.

Im still waiting for my USB to OBD cable to come in so I can flash a better stock tune to it to smooth out the throttle response.

Im still looking for a passenger seat cowl for a decent price and I may pick up another headlight to mess around with. Id like to paint the engine covers black as the current color is kinda meh. Im thinking about painting the wheels too when I need to replace the tires. We'll see though.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:12 PM

Installed the Protons today. I know the windscreen isnt on. I took it off to install the new one but since the new one was cracked I never got around to getting the old one back on:

I also installed the HID kit today but I didnt secure anything down yet as Im still waiting for my delay unit to come in. It puts the lights on a delay timer so I can start the bike without them turning on, off, and on again. It saves the bulbs and ballasts.

This is with a 4500k bulb:

Im not impressed with the output at all. There are way too many dead spots and the beam is not wide at all. Ill be doing a projector retrofit sooner then later. As in Im ordering the parts now I already have projectors to use for it. Theyre bi-xenon. I just need to figure out if the bike can handle two projectors. If not, Ill think of something for the right side.

The rest of my time in the garage was spent working on my brothers exhaust. Hes had a Jardine high mount setup on his bike for about 5 years now. Ive always thought they were too long. So I chopped them (well, one so far - Ill finish tomorrow). They went from 16" to 12".

Before:

During:

After:

These things did not want to come apart without a good amount of force. Nothing like my Scorpion on the Hawk.

Sorry for the very long posts

Last edited by civicdrivr; 08-20-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:22 AM
F1 cart racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so i ended up picking this 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 with 2600 miles on it yesterday....

currently have a zero gravity wind screen and frame sliders. overall the bike is mint has a few minor paint defects but nothing you can see from 2 feet away. other then that she is stock. picked her up at a good price too. all i need to do now is change the oil.

these are cell phone shots from after i got it home.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:32 PM

Nice pickup! I like the color.

Anything planned for it?
Old 08-22-2010, 03:28 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Congrats!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:42 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Galfer SS brake lines, K&N and Pazzo levers installed. SS brake lines are pretty money, brakes are considerably better.

How my bike currently looks

Spent most of Saturday installing mods on my buddy's CBR and finished the new mods on my GSXR. Afterwards, we went out for a three hour ride. Got to let loose and cruise.

Noticed a crack on my Puig screen Nothing dropped on it and it doesn't look like it was caused by a rock or anything hitting the screen. Hopefully there's a warranty and I can get it replaced.

Last edited by SHYUperman; 08-22-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:41 PM
F1 cart racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice pickup! I like the color.

Anything planned for it?

Thanks,

nothing as far as right now, there is frame sliders already on the bike and the zero gravity wind screen. i may do an under tail for it but there isn't much out there...i may just shorten up the stock blinkers to bring them into the body more. just gonna give it a good buff and sealer and drive it. I may do the SS brake lines during the winter.

other then that the bike is solid.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:19 PM

Galfer SS brake lines, K&N and Pazzo levers installed. SS brake lines are pretty money, brakes are considerably better.

[IMG][/IMG]

How my bike currently looks
[IMG][/IMG]

Spent most of Saturday installing mods on my buddy's CBR and finished the new mods on my GSXR. Afterwards, we went out for a three hour ride. Got to let loose and cruise.

Noticed a crack on my Puig screen Nothing dropped on it and it doesn't look like it was caused by a rock or anything hitting the screen. Hopefully there's a warranty and I can get it replaced.

[IMG][/IMG]
Looks great

I love the black and red theme you have. Im thinking about doing the same. Im not a fan of the gold on my bike.

Originally Posted by AS3.0CL
Thanks,

nothing as far as right now, there is frame sliders already on the bike and the zero gravity wind screen. i may do an under tail for it but there isn't much out there...i may just shorten up the stock blinkers to bring them into the body more. just gonna give it a good buff and sealer and drive it. I may do the SS brake lines during the winter.

other then that the bike is solid.
Sounds good.

As for the fender eliminator:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...#ht_3477wt_849

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...#ht_1225wt_765

Personally though, Id just make one out of some scrap metal.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,157 Likes on 682 Posts
Found some pics of my old 04 R6, man I miss it. Nothing major done, HIDs, ZG double bubble, blue flame slip on, sliders, carbon rear fender, tail integrator (fav mod along with the flushies).

Old 08-23-2010, 03:02 PM

Nice. Thats a sick looking can.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h39o-AP1b2w

Crazy skills.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Holy shyt! I think I saw a total of TWO foot touches. That was amazing.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Well, it was under 1000 degrees today, and I finally got all four blinkers working on the CB750, so I took it out for a nice 50 mile ride.

Partly cloudy, 93 degrees, some parts had had rain previously so the roads were a little wet but the temp cooled down nicely in those places so it was great. I passed two signs that read "Dips, Curves ahead" but unfortunately the road did not live up the signage. Dips yes, curves not really. Still a very enjoyable ride.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Gixxers rule!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

I ordered something from Motorcycle Superstore.

I am severely underwhelmed with them.

Shipping estimates and in-stock status are blatant lies...

Will not order from there again.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:34 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Originally Posted by AcuraCake

Gixxers rule!!!

Nice pick up, first bike?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

^ What's the yellow post sticking out of the frame above the "u" in Suzuki?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:39 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Originally Posted by stogie1020
^ What's the yellow post sticking out of the frame above the "u" in Suzuki?
Frame Sliders - no cuts probably

How long have you been waiting for your order? I ordered a couple of things from them before, didn't have an issue with their estimates, though they were common name brand gear and parts.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Nice pick up, first bike?
2nd, I've had this one for a year now and love it.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 PM

That sucks. What did you order?

Originally Posted by AcuraCake
2nd, I've had this one for a year now and love it.
Nice. What does it say on the top of your windscreen?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

What's a frame slider? In case you go down?

I ordered a pair of riding boots. Website said "in stock-usually ships in one day" Ordered on the 28th and the estimated delivery was for the 3rd (tomorrow).

Today, I receive an email saying the item has shipped, but the order page still says est. delivery tomorrow.

I call and the CS person says that the item just shipped as it only arrived at thier warehouse tuesday. Arrived? The website said in stock. Nope, they have to receive from the distributor.

These are Alpinestar boots. Nothing crazy obscure here.

Now I have a delivery estimate of tomorrow and a UPS ground tracking number that says deliver on the 8th.

Order on the 28th an in stock item. 4 Business days just to ship out. Receive it on the 8th... Deceptive estimated ship date, false "in stock" indication.

I sent them an email indicating I would not be ordering from them again, and I wont. The only reason I didn't order from Cyclegear is that CG charges sales tax since they have retail locations in AZ. Next time I will order from CG.

I just checked and the site STILL says "usually leaves our warehouse in one day"...

Last edited by stogie1020; 09-03-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
just turned 25 today. brought up the whole bike thing with the wifey. i just dont know if id want a cruiser or a sport bike. id be willing to downgrade my daily driver (tl-s) to have a bike in the garage for summers.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Happy birthday Waltah!

Quick Reply: The Official Motorcycles/Scooters Thread