It's been a long time coming, but the Oddy is gone!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
Nice jeep. But you bought the wrong car for reliability.

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-photograph-gallery-408/2013-rdx-awd-tech-silver-moon-w-ebony-leather-857811/

Half way down. Plagued with issues. Also on the jeep forums.
Like the quality and reliability of my Oddy and my CL-S

Thanks for the info, clown!

I should have never purchased any of my past 3 german vehicles...because they were quality and reliability nightmares!!!!!

Remember kids, only Honda builds the most reliable vehicles.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Forgot to respond....Engine: Pentastar V6.

Hemi was nice...but a bit of an overkill for my needs.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Looking good!! Gonna take it offroading now??

...and we are probably going to tow a watercraft with it in the future....at least that is what I am being told.
Details!!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Off Road.

Yea, I know it's a Jeep...but this one will stay on the tarmac.
Blasphemy!!!!

As far as watercraft go.....wife grew up with boats....her family had quite a few Sea Ray boats over the years. So probably something along that route....but it won't be immediate....but sooner or later......at least that's what she wants.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
Ive seen the headlight/lightbulb idea before.
but not in a jeep. hmm, i forgot which cars have it.

Congrats! beautiful interior!!
Volkswagon

I love those new Jeeps.. Nice pick up.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:59 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Off Road.

Yea, I know it's a Jeep...but this one will stay on the tarmac.
Blasphemy!!!!

As far as watercraft go.....wife grew up with boats....her family had quite a few Sea Ray boats over the years. So probably something along that route....but it won't be immediate....but sooner or later......at least that's what she wants.
! Your wife is awesome.

Not sure if you'll be looking for brand new or old, but I'm a big fan of jet propulsion boats like this one:

http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...series-design/

Let me know what you get into, and if you need some help or advice I know my boats pretty well
Old 11-09-2012, 12:04 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
aww man, should have gotten white

Old 11-09-2012, 04:09 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ Bright white is nice, but I prefer the Mineral Gray Metallic.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:07 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
^^ Bright white is nice, but I prefer the Mineral Gray Metallic.
What model has that hood and lower front bumper? Is that something you can mod to? Looks pretty sweet.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:15 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ SRT8 Version has that front end.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
Like the quality and reliability of my Oddy and my CL-S

Thanks for the info, clown!

I should have never purchased any of my past 3 german vehicles...because they were quality and reliability nightmares!!!!!:
Congrats on the purchase Moog. I was never a big Jeep fan but that all changed this spring when I sat in one like you just purchased at our local auto show. I was very impressed and hopefully i can drive one soon.

What kind of issues did you have with your Oddy?? We have a 4 year old one at work with 80,000 Km and its a POS in my opinion. I love how it handles compared to other vans but after 3-Power steering pumps, 1-Tranny and 2-Torque convertors (not to mention the numerous squeeks,rattles and electrical issues) im less than impressed.

Remember kids, only Honda builds the most reliable vehicles.
LOL....I was reading a thread not long ago over at another site, where someone was complaining about his Oddy and then this other member stepped in and said it must be bad luck because his new Oddy with only 15k in the first year has been very reliable and he has only had to replace the rotors/breaks and his Tranny/torque convertor in that first year .....WTH is it with Honda and their Tranny/Torque convertors.

Even around here in many forums (Ex. 4g TL) Guys there glamour about how horribly unreliable German cars are and how reliable their Acura is....while in another thread they started they talk about how their vehicle is in the shop because their manual tranny wont stay in gear or every other day a new thread is started because they need a prop shaft or torque convertor replaced, interior gutted because of rattles, etc. etc.

I tip my hat though to the Japanese manufactuers as they worked hard to develop that reliability image decades ago and even though things have changed in todays world....that perception of reliability still holds strong in some today.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
I know your a hockey fan but if you ski and ever head to the big hills. i would love to hear how it handles in some crappy/snow conditions.....

We are getting our asses buried in snow in Southern Alberta right now and although our Impreza works great getting to the hills, I am thinking of getting rid of the Jetta and looking at an SUV......and I think the Overland should be one i'll put on the list to look at. (although I love the look of the new Touareg TDI).
Old 11-09-2012, 05:57 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by cp3117
Congrats on the purchase Moog. I was never a big Jeep fan but that all changed this spring when I sat in one like you just purchased at our local auto show. I was very impressed and hopefully i can drive one soon.

What kind of issues did you have with your Oddy?? We have a 4 year old one at work with 80,000 Km and its a POS in my opinion. I love how it handles compared to other vans but after 3-Power steering pumps, 1-Tranny and 2-Torque convertors (not to mention the numerous squeeks,rattles and electrical issues) im less than impressed.

LOL....I was reading a thread not long ago over at another site, where someone was complaining about his Oddy and then this other member stepped in and said it must be bad luck because his new Oddy with only 15k in the first year has been very reliable and he has only had to replace the rotors/breaks and his Tranny/torque convertor in that first year .....WTH is it with Honda and their Tranny/Torque convertors.

Even around here in many forums (Ex. 4g TL) Guys there glamour about how horribly unreliable German cars are and how reliable their Acura is....while in another thread they started they talk about how their vehicle is in the shop because their manual tranny wont stay in gear or every other day a new thread is started because they need a prop shaft or torque convertor replaced, interior gutted because of rattles, etc. etc.

I tip my hat though to the Japanese manufactuers as they worked hard to develop that reliability image decades ago and even though things have changed in todays world....that perception of reliability still holds strong in some today.
Thanks

I don't want to get into my Oddy mess too much in here, because I've discussed it at great length here on AZ through various threads.

Power Steering issues galore, tire eater, piss poor front brakes, wheel bearings, squeeks, rattles, tranny whines & hard shifts....on and on.

Needless to say I would not recommend anyone purchase an Oddy.
The issues are common and wide spread. Heck...just ask dom.

....I agree with you about the reliability & quality Myth.
There used to be a time where Japanese vehicles were the gold standard of quality and reliability....but those days are long gone.

It's a completely different & more demanding marketplace.
Bottom line, most makes US, German, Korean, Japanese are all on par in terms of quality. For every good egg you will find a bad one, and visa versa.

The Jeep is very impressive....and I'll admit that I'm a bit hard to impress.
Years ago I would have laughed if you asked me if I would purchase a Jeep.
...but the WK2 Grand Cherokee with its Benz influence/design along with the new direction at ChryCo.....well, it's hard to beat.

One can see why it received all the accolades that it did/does receive.
Heck....it worked for me...I bought it. :wink:
Old 02-27-2013, 09:57 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Moogster... any issues with the Jeep in the last 5 months?