Infiniti G35x vs. Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 07:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thegre8tone
Nice interior and a shitty transmission...
Falling apart interior.

At least ours stays together.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by bill99gxe
Your statements clearly implicated that your opinion was more informed due to your owning 47 vehicles, thereby making my opinion ancillary. Seemed simple to infer.

Russ has the unfortunate habit of getting people on other car forums to come help defend him when he has nothing intelligent or substantive to state when he digs his own grave with stupidass comments such as the TL not being in the same class as the G35 when anyone with an ounce of sense knows otherwise. He usually brings in much more respected and upstart members to save his rear end and make himself look better to other members.

The link of your profile was not an invitation for slander, just an illustration of how he pulls people in from other boards to help defend his position, whatever it may be that day. The link was to let people know that he gets others to come in and try to add some sort of legitimacy to his often weak arguments.

First, the Maxima was God's gift to automobiles, then the CL AND TL (yep, he actually defended it just 18 months ago), then the A4, then the Pathfinder had paint that could never be penetrated, and now the G35 is God's chariot. It's a disturbing pattern that only a trained mental professional could address and treat.

But until he admits that and does something about it he's nothing more than entertainment on car forums.......:banghead:

Bill, the reason I stated the number of cars I owned is because of your post which had the following statement in it:

"Just to give everyone here some perspective, you are arguing/discussing this with SilverBulletCLS, who has the following car purchasing history:

1) 1996 Maxima auto
2) 1998 Maxima manual (Wanted a 5-speed)
3) 1999 Trans Am manual (Wanted more power)
4) 2000 Maxima auto (Back to wanting reliability after LS1 motor issues)
5) 1991 Sentra SE-R (To be used for track purposes)
6) 2001 Sentra [To consolidate payments/save money along with buying 5)]
7) 2001 Maxima manual (In a few months, all kinds of money must have been saved; but denied warranty after racing)
x) 2002 Jetta 1.8T (Ordered but did not purchase after having manhood made fun of)
8) 2002 Acura CL-S auto (Cracuras ROCK!; blew tranny, couldn't fit 17" CRT in back seat)
x) 2002 Chevy Trailblazer (Returned after a day of ownership)
9) 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro manual (minor accident, realized/perceived it was/would be unreliable, couldn't haul cargo, BLAH BLAH BLAH, traded)
10) 2003 Pathfinder LE 4x2 (July 2003, big accident shortly thereafter)
11) 2004 Infiniti G35 6spd"

I figured if it was important to you to point out what kind of person we were arguing with, then it might be pertinent for me to show my credentials. You started it, not me.

I stand on my record as not bashing either car, I just find these kinds of threads highly entertaining. To me it's like watch a TV show that has no educational value, but is just plain fun to watch (my wife thinks I'm goofy because I'm 51 years old and absolutely love watching those "Scariest Police Video" shows on TV - let's be honest, don't all of us love those shows?)
Old 04-30-2004, 07:26 AM
Banned

The correct updated list without the comments that he put incorrectly in there.

1) 1996 Maxima auto
7) 2001 Maxima manual - Had issues with suspension to me running over median, never was fixed right.
8) 2002 Jetta 1.8T - Had Ordered, dealer could never produce car, so I backed out of deal went with my 2nd choice.
8) 2002 Acura CL-S auto (blew tranny, couldn't fit printers, large 20" monitors, etc in the car. Didn't think it was reliable either due to tranny issues)
9) 2002 Chevy Trailblazer (Never Owned, was allowed to take home to see how I like it for one night, returned it the next day)
10) 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro manual (minor accident, realized/perceived it was/would be unreliable)
11) 2003 Pathfinder LE 4x2 (July 2003, big accident shortly thereafter)
12) 2004 Infiniti G35 6spd (Solid Car)
Old 04-30-2004, 07:37 AM
Banned

Hmm must be a time limit on editing messages. But I wanted to say that it seems someone ran to get you. You really have never been on this site, but show up for some odd strange reason. lol so you someone cried away to get help.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Pro

I can picture Bimmer and MB guys reading this absurd thread and thinking, "they're just Jap cars, who cares?!?" Comments like, "in the end, you have a Nissan" OR "in the end, you have a Honda" is extremely dorky!! But HEY!! Lets expand that:

"With your C5 Z06, in the end you have a Chevy"
"With your LS430, in the end you have a Toyota"
"With your Viper, in the end you have a Dodge"
"With your Bentley, in the end you have a VW"
"With your Diablo, in the end you have a Chrysler"
"With your Rolls Royce, in the end you have a BMW"
This argument is like 7 days-----WE(A)K!!!!

I've had my fair share of headbutting with Silverbullet over the past two years and never felt inclined to make fun of his personal choices in vehicles (though I felt the CLS->1.8T move was dubious). So making fun of someone for the reasons give is so....GAY!!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 08:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
Falling apart interior.

.....why the need to spurt out a "blanket" statement like that?!.......the great majority of TL owners, incl. myself, have never any problems like that. All the crap you're spewing out here just goes to show everyone that you're just a troll without a home.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:38 AM
Pro

Falling apart interior.

Yeah, that G35 Compaq Presario center console was made to last!
Old 04-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PetesTL
.....why the need to spurt out a "blanket" statement like that?!.......the great majority of TL owners, incl. myself, have never any problems like that. All the crap you're spewing out here just goes to show everyone that you're just a troll without a home.
Then tell your guys to not just shoot a statement about the G35 in the same terms. lol give it up man! You guys attacked first, I attacked back with a similar line.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:01 AM
Instructor

This shit is stupid, can someone please lock this thread.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:06 AM
USC YQUE

AWD v. FWD

Originally Posted by PetesTL
...wondering, .......if Acura offers a AWD version of the TL that weighs 300-400lbs more than the FWD version but with the same hp.....will you be willing to trade the performance penalty for increased traction? .........for me, I wouldn't.....FWD with snow tires is more than adequate for any urban environment in wintertime.

Well it appears that the 2005 TL will be my next automobile. I live in Lost Angeles, Ca. and from the various posts on the board it seems like my (future) TL will be adequate when I take it to the mountains during skiing season. Any all-season tires that you would recommend?

Cheers!
Old 04-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by JackSprat01
Owning 47 cars probably isn't the best way of conveying your expertise...or intelligence. Pick up a copy of Quicken some day, you'll see what I mean. Also, people have the right to equate interior with quality. I have to admit, the first time I drove a G35 the first thing I thought was 'Altima.' Besides, of course anyone that owns a Chevy is going to thing a Nissan interior is awesome.
Huhh? Owning 47 cars isn't the best way to convey my "expertise". Pick up Quicken? Very interesting. So I guess you think the LESS cars someone owns, the more knowledgeable they are.

Okay, how about this - I have over 2,000 car magazines at home going back to 1965 - all of which I bought new. I took two years of auto mechanics in high school, I have roadraced motorcycles with a fair (I said "FAIR") degree of success, I have autocrossed and drag raced cars with a "fair" degree of success, I've also owned three "cigarette" boats.

But I suppose having Quicken would make me more knowledgable of cars. I have done my taxes on Turbo Tax the past few years (they are owned by Quicken), and the President and CEO of Quicken was my boss about 15 years ago (I'm not making that up), so maybe that helps my credentials.

Now-ya'll can have fun at my expense, but I do want to reiterate that this is all in fun for me - no flames towards anyone.

As far as your statement about the interior quality - I agree that interior quality counts, my point was that there is a difference between "perceived" quality and actual quality. There is simply no indication that the interior of the G35 has poor quality. You may thing it looks cheap, but I have seen Zero isssues of actual quality problems.

Finally, you take a shot at me in saying that an owner of a "Chevy" would not have a problem with the quality of the interior of a G35. You seem to have missed where I said I have owned four Hondas and two Acuras (and five Honda motorcylces, and even a Honda lawnmower!). For the record, the G35 has a nice interior than the lawnmower had!
Old 04-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Intermediate

OMG are you stupid? I have a habit of getting others to help me?! I dont' ask them! They know what is right unlike you! So don't even try to make up some BS like that. Remember you are the one who likes to start shit on forums not me. Just like you are doing here. TL isn't since its not RWD. Even ask the other forum members like bmw, g35 owners, they even said the same thing. I have no need to look better when I have correct info. Backed up with facts.

LOL whatever man. Think what you want. I use to back up other cars that I didn't own. Just like the Maxima now I was backing up. I still back up the CL, and whatever else. YOu just like making up a bunch of bullshit that is why no one likes you at maxima.org.

Wow. Those comments directly reflect your own behavior, not mine. You were kicked out of maxima.org and are still bitter.

Anyhoo, posts #15 through 17 were the first cheap shots taken in this thread....by yourself. I would tell you to simply go back and look but you never seem to have a memory longer than 30 seconds and don't seem to handle reality real well.

So acting everyone else is ganging up on you or that others started the thread crapping is just yet another illustration of your serious mental issues and why you can't own a car more than 6 months.

I grow tired of seeing you pollute other forums with your senseless crap. It's bad enough the damage you've done to the Maxima forums. I feel sorry for the freshalloy guys and the Acura forums as well......
Old 04-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Instructor

The G35 front facia is too big and 80ish. The TL design is top notch and much much faster at the peddle as well as heads turning on the road
Old 04-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Intermediate

The correct updated list without the comments that he put incorrectly in there.

1) 1996 Maxima auto
7) 2001 Maxima manual - Had issues with suspension to me running over median, never was fixed right.
8) 2002 Jetta 1.8T - Had Ordered, dealer could never produce car, so I backed out of deal went with my 2nd choice.
8) 2002 Acura CL-S auto (blew tranny, couldn't fit printers, large 20" monitors, etc in the car. Didn't think it was reliable either due to tranny issues)
9) 2002 Chevy Trailblazer (Never Owned, was allowed to take home to see how I like it for one night, returned it the next day)
10) 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro manual (minor accident, realized/perceived it was/would be unreliable)
11) 2003 Pathfinder LE 4x2 (July 2003, big accident shortly thereafter)
12) 2004 Infiniti G35 6spd (Solid Car)

Oh dear heavens....I think I just soaked my monitor with water. :lol1:

And you still got it wrong:
7) You got caught racing it by a dealer employee and they refused to honor your warranty
8a) You were made fun of in multiple car forums and had your manhood questione, then all of a sudden had to have a CL
8b) was a 17" monitor, not a 20".
9) You were also made fun of for buying a Chevy.

Bad karma has owned you since with accidents, and you've had several little things not go your way with the G35.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Eduardo
Well it appears that the 2005 TL will be my next automobile. I live in Lost Angeles, Ca. and from the various posts on the board it seems like my (future) TL will be adequate when I take it to the mountains during skiing season. Any all-season tires that you would recommend?

Cheers!
Eduardo- try the Pilot Sports AS. Mine handled great in the snow.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:20 AM
Instructor

Close this thread..

I have absolutely nothing to add to this ridiculously long thread that has been beaten like a dead horse so many a time.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:57 PM
Banned

See you are wrong. 7) It was the 2000 Maxima not the 01. 8) That was a bunch of BULLSHIT. Prove it, because you can't. Forums have resources of archives.

I never bought the damn Chevy. See you have no clue what the hell your talking about. Instead your here to cause a problem. Thats all.

Oh dear heavens....I think I just soaked my monitor with water. :lol1:

And you still got it wrong:
7) You got caught racing it by a dealer employee and they refused to honor your warranty
8a) You were made fun of in multiple car forums and had your manhood questione, then all of a sudden had to have a CL
8b) was a 17" monitor, not a 20".
9) You were also made fun of for buying a Chevy.

Bad karma has owned you since with accidents, and you've had several little things not go your way with the G35.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Racer

Noooo

You Are Here Causing Problems.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Wow. Those comments directly reflect your own behavior, not mine. You were kicked out of maxima.org and are still bitter.

Anyhoo, posts #15 through 17 were the first cheap shots taken in this thread....by yourself. I would tell you to simply go back and look but you never seem to have a memory longer than 30 seconds and don't seem to handle reality real well.

So acting everyone else is ganging up on you or that others started the thread crapping is just yet another illustration of your serious mental issues and why you can't own a car more than 6 months.

I grow tired of seeing you pollute other forums with your senseless crap. It's bad enough the damage you've done to the Maxima forums. I feel sorry for the freshalloy guys and the Acura forums as well......
I concur. Silver Bull sh$% always starts stuff and then acuses everyone else of starting it. It is pointless to argue with such an ignorant person and it makes for very long threads. (Please see the earlier part of the thread where he argues and argues and then proves himself wrong.)
Old 04-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Instructor

Guess what I just found out!!!! Silverbullet ACTUALLY HAS A TL!!!! OMG is that funny or what????
Old 04-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

SilverBullet Quotes from this thread

First Jab: "The G35 might have cheaper looking interior, but its not falling apart like the TL"

Second Punch: "Dated?! omg your dumb."

AND ON AND ON IT GOES...

"Sorry but you have no facts in this statement and if you read through the whole conversation on freshalloy about this you would know it does not EFFECT the resale on the G35. Especially since its rated the BEST!"

"Your dumb...very dumb"

"He is talking about the TL idiot."

"it makes the TL look like ASS."

"The new TL is failing as well. Just wait till yours does."

"I could own more cars if I wanted too. So what!"

"Wow so I own eveyone with facts, but then you start the insults and name calling basically" OKAY, POT

"This is just funny seeing all these dumb replies you guys do."

"The TL is not in the league of the G35...."

"OMG are you stupid?...So don't even try to make up some BS like that. "

"Remember you are the one who likes to start shit on forums not me."

"That was a bunch of BULLSHIT. Prove it, because you can't."

SilverBullet,

You prove time and time again that

YOU ARE A DICK!
Old 04-30-2004, 01:33 PM
Banned

Sure, how about post all the comments that were against the G35. None of those were before you guys comments. And Swat, you been owned by your own members on this forum. No one likes you. I believe it was you that got banned from CL.COM. lol
See, this is how childish it gets. When you guys get owned. Then you resort to name calling, and put downs. I am done since this topic is no longer ON TOPIC.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Instructor

Silvebullet, go bother someone else. you sir have issues. go see a shrink :tflamer:
Old 04-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Racer

Help I Can't Stop Laughing......he's So Owned........lolololololol
Old 04-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

No one likes you. I believe it was you that got banned from CL.COM. lol
Sorry dude, this is the only car forum I have ever been a member of.

Please do a search on this forum for my user name and show me where anyone beside you, 6spd_TL and Harddrivin' have indicated they don't like me on this forum. You like to say that because I always call you out when you start trouble. When you are not spewing bullshit, my posts are very positive.

Go back and read the threads. You are the one with the first name calling post. You took offense to someone calling the interior of the G35 cheap and then you called someone dumb. Before you got involved in it, it was a positive thread with people giving their honest opinions. You took it down the road of put downs and name calling. A classic case of you dishing it out but whining cause you can't take it...Pussy.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

SilverBullet Getting owned under his other name

Check how long he argues about headroom and then admits he was using the wrong data.

SILVERBULLET WRITES:

"Hmmm, the G35 Sedan has more headroom than the TL does and front leg room and shoulder room. Hip room is the only advantage the TL has over the G and rear leg room. But maybe your talking about the Coupe, you can't compare a coupe to a sedan."

TL_6SPD Writes:

"As usual, wrong again.
WOW you just got OWNED. FACTS.
G35 Sedan fully loaded:
Interior
Front Head Room: 40.1 in. Front Hip Room: 52.2 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 56.4 in. Rear Head Room: 37.9 in."

SWAT DUDE Writes:

"Why don't you go back to grade school so you can read. The specs you are quoting for the Infiniti are WITHOUT THE SUNROOF, mullethead!

From Infiniti's website:
Interior volume: 98.0 cubic feet without sunroof, 95.5 cubic feet with sunroof.

No TL_6sp use your deductive reasoning here. Where did the 2.5 cu. ft. go??? Did they raise the roof??? No, you idiot, they lowered the headliner!"

"No where does it say that your specs. are WITH a sunroof. You put up some proof. And since it is an option for Infiniti, a reasonable person would think that the specs. are for the base car. Again your logic is lacking."

TL_SPD Writes:

"You obviously still can't put your proof up since I did mine. I am waiting. Btw here is the info straight off Nissans website.
INTERIOR DIMENSIONS (in inches)
Front
Rear

Head room

Head room with sunroof
37.4 "

You just owned yourself. Isn't that what I was saying all along?????
Old 04-30-2004, 02:18 PM
My name is RL.

Talking Hyundai & Honda tied...

Originally Posted by Thomwarn
JUST IN- CHECK THIS OUT. Infiniti 154 problems per 100 cars, Acura 102 per 100 cars.
http://money.cnn.com/2004/04/28/pf/a...rvey/index.htm
Here's a contradiction:
The highest ranked sporty car was the Dodge Stratus Coupe.

Sporty and Stratus in the same sentence?

The SC430 did well at 44 problems per 100 vehicles. That is a sweet coupe. I wonder if that car is manufactured and assembled entirely in Japan.

The Hummer did poor. There's a shocker...NOT! That thing is the Frankenstein of SUVs.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Intermediate

See you are wrong. 7) It was the 2000 Maxima not the 01. 8) That was a bunch of BULLSHIT. Prove it, because you can't. Forums have resources of archives.

I never bought the damn Chevy. See you have no clue what the hell your talking about. Instead your here to cause a problem. Thats all.
Well, as for the Jetta:

The Maxima was the fastest, yet he needed a turbo:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ght=russ+jetta

then the Maxima got "blown away" by a CL-S AUTO (that he drove of course) and, even better, the 2k2 CL-S hadn't blown any trannies. Ironically his did a few months later. Then more Jetta references:

And here is a really good one illustrating your lack of memory, especially since it came from these very forums:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...4&page=9&pp=25

My favorite line from you in that thread:

Same old Steve.

No reports of the J32 blowing up yet. But MANY MANY REPORTS of the ones in the G35 and 350z blowing, same goes for the Maximas. So then, the J32 seems to be able to HANDLE the boost better. No, we know a higher compression engine shouldn't be able to handle the boost longer, but it seems the J32 doesn't have a problem YET. J32A3 is basically the same engine as the a2.

Data, well go search the forums. None on the 6spd CL forum, but lots on the 350z forum. Hmmmm that should tell you something.

Seems to me you are the one without proof. Just your theory.

So take your childish behavior away from this forum. We don't need you to spew your crap here. Nissan isn't the BEST thing that hit the road like you think.

Yes, I believe the forum archives are great for illustrating your hypocrisy, lying, and deceitfulness, let alone your mental incapacity to believe no car but the one your driving is the best.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Racer

Well, as for the Jetta:

then the Maxima got "blown away" by a CL-S AUTO (that he drove of course) and, even better, the 2k2 CL-S hadn't blown any trannies. Ironically his did a few months later. Then more Jetta references:

And here is a really good one illustrating your lack of memory, especially since it came from these very forums:

Yes, I believe the forum archives are great for illustrating your hypocrisy, lying, and deceitfulness, let alone your mental incapacity to believe no car but the one your driving is the best.
OMFG that is one of the funniest posts that I have ever seen! Good work....

It's a SilverMulletHeadCLS beatdown!
Old 04-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Racer

Hahahahahahhaha
Old 04-30-2004, 07:07 PM
1st Gear

Cool In the same boat

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm debating whether to het the G35X or the TL. I must admit that the TL comes with a lot of standard features that the G35 doesn't, and a couple (handfree phone) that aren't available on the G35. I liked the interior of the G35 just fine and had no problem with it. I'm 6'1 but found the seat comfortable. I like the handling and performance of the G35 a whole lot more. But I think the deciding factor for me may be the opposite of many of the people on this board - the exterior, not the interior. The TL looks a little too middle-aged family man for my taste. It looks too much like a Honda. I just feel the design of the G35 is far more aggressive and stylish than the TL. The G35 only debuted in 2003 (model year), so I don't understand how one can say its dated, but to each his own.

So the G35 is the way I'm leaning right now, but who knows which one I'll end up with.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:14 PM
2004/5AT/NAVI/SSM

i also looked at the G35x before i got my TL. i live in the NE and either wanted FWD or AWD. similar price for both cars but i got a better deal at the last minute on a 5AT/navi. i thought the G35 styling was nice but a little too conservative. the real deal breaker was the interior. the G35 interior is practically garbage c/w the TL. then again, so is just about any car in that class. i even looked at the BMW 330 and it didn't compare. i even get a chuckle at all of the new 5 series drivers and know i got a better car for about $10-15K less. seriously, a 525 has 185hp. that's a joke. the only 1 in the class worthwhile is the 540, but i don't have $50k. but, back to the G35. if you want AWD, i would get that over say an A4 or A6 (maybe). but i have a hard time even thinking the G35 comes close to the TL . lucky for me, a friend of mine bought a TL before me and he let me drive it for a day. i only had the G35 out on the road for about 15 minutes. it's nice, but i saved $3k with the TL and got the navi to boot (an extra$2k on the G35). the only negative with the TL is the torque steer but where i live, i don't get many opportunites to stomp on it. the TL exemplifies what i wanted in a touring sedan.

in response to dkmarauder, how can you say the TL is more middle aged looking than the G35. maybe you're talking about the old TL. the new TL is WAY more aggressive looking than the G35 (except the coupe)
Old 04-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Does anyone read this

I like to watch my poo-poo swirl down the toilet I like a big rig spinning out of control on an icy road. Wow do you see all the skid marks.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

:lol1:
Old 04-30-2004, 10:05 PM

The SC430 did well at 44 problems per 100 vehicles. That is a sweet coupe. I wonder if that car is manufactured and assembled entirely in Japan.
Yup. The only Lexus made outside Japan is the brand new RX 330 plant in Canada.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Well, as for the Jetta:

Omigosh! That is classic. I am too new to this forum having only joined when I bought a TL, so I was never aware of these previous postings by Silver/TL_6pd. I always said he had premature purchalation and blew his load on the G35 because he couldn't wait for the TL, but this just confirms my suspicions.

Sliver, this guy owned you again!

Old 04-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by DrkMarauder
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm debating whether to het the G35X or the TL. I must admit that the TL comes with a lot of standard features that the G35 doesn't, and a couple (handfree phone) that aren't available on the G35. I liked the interior of the G35 just fine and had no problem with it. I'm 6'1 but found the seat comfortable. I like the handling and performance of the G35 a whole lot more. But I think the deciding factor for me may be the opposite of many of the people on this board - the exterior, not the interior. The TL looks a little too middle-aged family man for my taste. It looks too much like a Honda. I just feel the design of the G35 is far more aggressive and stylish than the TL. The G35 only debuted in 2003 (model year), so I don't understand how one can say its dated, but to each his own.

So the G35 is the way I'm leaning right now, but who knows which one I'll end up with.
I think you will find that just about every TL owner on this site thinks pretty highly of the G35. It is a very nice car and certainly appeals to many people. It really all boils down to personal preference as I think both rides have their own strengths. Now before you jump my case, just know that I have always felt this way but when SilverBS shows up and starts spewing, it's just so easy to put down the G35 to get him going. When I'm not calling him out, I really do think the G35 is a fine automobile, but for me personally, I just liked the TL better. It doesn't make me right, and it doesn't make you wrong, unless you show up and start name calling and acting like an ass.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Well, as for the Jetta:

My comments didn't show up previously.

This is absolutely hilarious.

Silver, this guy owned you big time!

This just goes to prove what I been saying all along. You had premature purchalation and blew your load on the G35 because you couldn't wait for the TL. Now you spend hours trolling this site trying to justify your purchase. You are such a loser!
Old 04-30-2004, 11:15 PM
10th Gear

My wife, having been a Maxima person since 1990 and had 2, drove everything in the $40k and below range that were manuals. Early on, we drove a G35 and in the first miles wasn't impressed. Noise, suspension, and just sub standard cosmetics. That was before I drove a TL. Actually, I thought the G35 "class" of car was going to be an example of that segment of autos and began to wonder what it would take to get a ride like our '94 Maxima. After driving a TL, we were back to the dealer pretty fast to sign papers. We had never been Honda or Acura customers, but are now. Other than finding out which models were manuals, I really didn't research anything before we started test driving, so I didn't know the history of TLs. We were going to let the ride sell us. We were really not biased other than being Nissan owners for years. One thing that can't be beat by suspension engineering is wheelbase length. I don't care how it's designed, a longer wheelbase car is going to ride better than it's shorter wheelbased competator. As far as any of the TL wheelbased sized cars, we thought it the best.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Dream on kid. Ask the moderators to check IPs if you wish.
I have three computers in my home and one at work. So what is your point???

Quick Reply: Infiniti G35x vs. Acura TL