I feel sorry for my friend's G35C

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Subie Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel sorry for my friend's G35C

From this list that he already has to deal with (ripped from www.clubsi.com)

Ok as you guys know I may have gotten a lemon,
I have a ton of issues that are very minor but they keep coming back. They include:

Seat bracket rocks under hard braking, almost like the seat tilts me forward ibrogersfatass>nissanseats

window motor sprays grease all over glass inside and out

window make a loud click noise everytime I hit a bump and the window is partially open (sounds like the glass is hitting metal)

ticking noise for tranny (supposedly normal ) 350Z guys get it worse for some reason and enough ppl got new trannys.

front right suspension makes wobbling sound, on the Z the front tires always end up feather due to suspension set up. Funny thing is that guys that have aftermarket suspension have less tire feathering probs.

rear axle bolts make noise (G & Z notorious for this prob of them coming loose)

Gas gauge never reads full in the, (I have filled it till it overflowed and it still only read 3/4)

Only things that have been fixed and have not come back are the rear spoiler trim (got a new spoiler after the trim after the brake light keep coming loose) rear parcel shelf (area where the beack of rear seats meets the rear glass) vibrates (fucking annoying sound, makes the car sound like its falling apart...oh wait....nm)

All these issues have caused me to return to the dealership over 8 times in the past year. They keep the car for a full day and on 2 occasions for 2 days. Its like Nissan issues the same fucking part to replace failing parts and not an improved part or one that is from a different source.

And now I have that fucking AC failure. Its like the 5 or 6th time I have used the AC all year.
And just today he got a call

Nissan calls and tells me my new ABS sensor and ecu wont be in until Nov 17th or 18th but it gets better. Since I am driving a loaner owned by Alta and not by Nissan Canada they want to get me a rental. The rental places they deal with I can choose between corollas, civics, an altima, some neons or cavalier :laugh1: riiiiiiiiiight. I told them that they can deal with Alta and that I am going to continue to drive the G35 sedan (which I hate as is) until my car is fixed. It gets better yet.

Nissan rep :"Mr Fung, try to be reasonable"
Me: "Put yourself in my shoes, you spend $50Gs on a car and are offered some $20,000 compact car as a loaner"
Nissan: "but it is beyond our control"
Me: " Just like it is beyond my control that I have to drive the ugliest car in the Nissan line up"
Nissan: "But you are just driving the sedan version of your car"
Me: "Have you actually looked at a sedan and coupe side by side"
Nissan: *Laughs*
Me: "So I will just continue to drive Altas car until you get the parts to fix mine"
Nissan: "Sir we have no right to force Alta to continue to let you drive their car if they need to make it availible for other customers they have"
Me: "I'm sorry but thats just too bad, and you guys will have to deal with it, I have been without my car for 2.5 weeks now and I am already sick of the loaner. But there is no way I am downgrading my choice of vehicles just to be nice especially since I am the one being inconvenienced"
Nissan: "I'll need to talk to my supervisors about this matter and contact Alta Infinti about the matter. Someone will be contacting you tomorrow."

Lets see what they have to say tomorrow.

Should have listened to my parents and bought a Bimmer, I have great success with Kraut burners.

CN: G35C has been out of commission for 2.5 weeks now due to ABS failure. Nissan of Canada says it will take till Nov 17th or so to get the parts. They want to rent me a Altima, civic or neon etc, I told them to fuck off with that idea. Awaits phone call from them tomorrow.
Sigh. So much money spend and now he can't even drive it!!!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:08 AM
cmf
ATCer

That sucks ass. I would be pissed too! Hopefully it all works out for him in the end.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I wouldn't wish this to my enemy.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Roger's car is hot. Too bad he's experiencing most of the same problems that my neighbor has with his G35. Has he had any trouble with the brakes? My neighbor's car has to have a full brake job every year (rotors+pads).
Old 10-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Burning Brakes

I bring in my E46 to the stealer to fixing the transmission(keep grinding on third gear with full clutch depressed and pop out once a while) last year 2 week before X'mas time. They gave me a Kia Rio as a loaner and charging me $10/day for insurance transfer! After drove the kia for a day I told them I am totally not accepted for the Kia, it is fully risk my family life! Since my car need to stay offer the X'mas(all parts need to ship from Germany and no shippment on X'mas time), so I need to drive the loaner for a month with snow on the road. End up they agree to pay half on a rental for a 97 CRV. When I return the rental, I the BMW services guy that the CRV drove better than my X5(but I don't own a X5 ). And that experience is the main reason for me to give up my beloved lude and get the TSX since I totally have no faith on BMW ne more! I can't rely on it as my primary family car.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:46 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Didn't know the G's were so problematic

Feel sorry for your freind Jeff, but he obviously knows how to handle himself.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by domn
Didn't know the G's were so problematic

Feel sorry for your freind Jeff, but he obviously knows how to handle himself.
It is a Nissan after all. They made improvements in leaps and bounds since the start of King Ghosn's reign, but they haven't quite caught up to the other Japanese brands in quality. I'd almost venture to say that Nissan is at or below Mazda levels in quality.

And yeah, that totally sucks that they want him to drive a crappy little car for an extended period of time. I'd tell them to fuck off too if I were in his situtation.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Teh ?

Nissan rushes their products into production, without the time and money spent on troubleshooting like Toyota. They are starting to admit they have quality issues, but they haven't done enough about it.

Junkster, who hasn't had a lemon... yet
Old 10-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Junkster
Nissan rushes their products into production, without the time and money spent on troubleshooting like Toyota. They are starting to admit they have quality issues, but they haven't done enough about it.

Junkster, who hasn't had a lemon... yet
LOL, that's because Toyota isn't sinking whereas Nissan is now with Renault.

Phile, who had no idea how poorly Nissan was doing and was shocked when news of the partnering with Renault came out.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow that sucks

guess i'll have to reconsider my next car
Old 10-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Banned

That guy has had some bad luck. I've had my G since the day it came out (10/31/02) and I've had some problems too:

rear axle clicking
driver's window pinch mode
driver's window motor
driver's window seal leak
valve gasket leak
inaccurate fuel gauge (fixed itself but now malfunctioning again)
driver's window grease streak (don't really care about it)
front pads/rotors replaced after 21.5k miles

I guess that's a lot of minor problems, but I'm still trading in for a 6MT in June.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:22 PM
Orangeblood

(fucking annoying sound, makes the car sound like its falling apart...oh wait....nm)
Classic
Old 10-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Subie Tech

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
Roger's car is hot. Too bad he's experiencing most of the same problems that my neighbor has with his G35. Has he had any trouble with the brakes? My neighbor's car has to have a full brake job every year (rotors+pads).
Yeah he car is hot. Especially when he has those 19 GTCs. And yes he has troubles with the brakes. His pads are done just after 30,000km. He told me that as for 05 G35Cs, Brembos will no longer be avaible!!!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Subie Tech

Originally Posted by dabuda
wow that sucks

guess i'll have to reconsider my next car

Same here!!! No Z and go for STi.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Subie Tech

And thank you guys for your loving. I'll make sure he knows that a lot is coming from acurazine!!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:59 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ianS
I bring in my E46 to the stealer to fixing the transmission(keep grinding on third gear with full clutch depressed and pop out once a while) last year 2 week before X'mas time. They gave me a Kia Rio as a loaner and charging me $10/day for insurance transfer! After drove the kia for a day I told them I am totally not accepted for the Kia, it is fully risk my family life! Since my car need to stay offer the X'mas(all parts need to ship from Germany and no shippment on X'mas time), so I need to drive the loaner for a month with snow on the road. End up they agree to pay half on a rental for a 97 CRV. When I return the rental, I the BMW services guy that the CRV drove better than my X5(but I don't own a X5 ). And that experience is the main reason for me to give up my beloved lude and get the TSX since I totally have no faith on BMW ne more! I can't rely on it as my primary family car.
Haha, wow that is a pretty fucked up post.