2012 GT-R goes 0-60 mph in 2.7 seconds!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Again, that is not an issue with the 2012. Nissan did what they should have done in the first place and made it impossible to use the LC after 4 consecutive uses (forcing a 1.5 mile cool down, which any reasonable person could hardly object to)....
This.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Again, that is not an issue with the 2012. Nissan did what they should have done in the first place and made it impossible to use the LC after 4 consecutive uses (forcing a 1.5 mile cool down, which any reasonable person could hardly object to)....
Did you read the warranty info??

. Driving with the VDC off,

. Racing,

. Any competitive driving of any sort whatsoever,

. Use on a track or driving on any airstrip,
Why even make it possible to turn off then???
Old 02-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by DEman19901
Just curious of how many Nissan transmission failures compared with Honda's. I don't understand how you can bash any other automakers transmissions with Honda's track record as of late.
THis is just silly and way out of proportion. The number of GT-R owners whose trannys failed and were denied warranty work was very minor. It was blown way up by the net but the number of GT-R customers whose trannys have been completely fine faaaaaaaaaaaaar outnumbers those with problems.

Nissan could have handled the HANDFUL of problems in a better way, granted, but this was by far no common occurence. And now with the 2012 the situation is fully resolved so lets stop beating a dead horse, mmmkay?
Let's talk about dead horses.

See the post above above yours, that's why I brought it up. For some reason DEman19901's post struck a nerve or maybe it was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm just sick of people bitching about Acura's transmission problem that was for all intents and purposes resolved in 2003. If we're talking about beating a dead horse, that's the only major mechanical complaint people have with Honda and Acura and they ended up backing their product for longer than most people keep their cars.

DEman19901, sorry I attacked you over it, it was something that just reached a breaking point with me apparently with all the Honda/Acura transmission bashing that goes on around here. Yeah, they made a shitty transmission 8 years ago other than being kinda ugly, what have they made that was bad lately?

And to whoever said the 996 and early Boxsters had engine problems, Porsche backed those cars as well and replaced many many engines.

Nobody makes a perfect product, it's how you back it that matters in the end to those who pony up the cash for it.

For the record, I think the GT-R is pretty bad ass, I'd love to be able to have anything from an R32 up. I'm just disappointed with the way Nissan backs their product.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HERE IS SOMETHING YOU CANT UNDERSTAND

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=33578

how i can just kill a man

Last edited by ghttf; 02-06-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by black label
Let's talk about dead horses.

See the post above above yours, that's why I brought it up. For some reason DEman19901's post struck a nerve or maybe it was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm just sick of people bitching about Acura's transmission problem that was for all intents and purposes resolved in 2003. If we're talking about beating a dead horse, that's the only major mechanical complaint people have with Honda and Acura and they ended up backing their product for longer than most people keep their cars.

DEman19901, sorry I attacked you over it, it was something that just reached a breaking point with me apparently with all the Honda/Acura transmission bashing that goes on around here. Yeah, they made a shitty transmission 8 years ago other than being kinda ugly, what have they made that was bad lately?

And to whoever said the 996 and early Boxsters had engine problems, Porsche backed those cars as well and replaced many many engines.

Nobody makes a perfect product, it's how you back it that matters in the end to those who pony up the cash for it.

For the record, I think the GT-R is pretty bad ass, I'd love to be able to have anything from an R32 up. I'm just disappointed with the way Nissan backs their product.

I don't see any problem what so ever with the new warranty on LC though.

Do other car makers actually allow track use or competitive racing under warranty??
Old 02-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Ultra Negro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Shift_Acura

I don't see any problem what so ever with the new warranty on LC though.

Do other car makers actually allow track use or competitive racing under warranty??
Not unless you are on raceteam...lol