00 TL vs. 04 Neon SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 12:31 AM
TL ftw!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00 TL vs. 04 Neon SRT-4

Woo, tonight was pretty cool, went with my friend after work to meet up with one of his friends and I decided to race the SRT-4. My mods were obx exhaust and AEM cai. His SRT-4 was bone stock. I believe it was a 04 or lower but it was new. My friend counted 3, 2, 1 then boom me and him floored it, then me and him were in the same length till he hit 4th where he went 1 car ahead of me and that was where he beat me by 1 car length. I was not mad at all because I thought the TL would lose by 3-4 car lengths. I was pretty proud the TL caught up with the SRT-4. First loss for the TL
Old 07-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good kill... are you 100% sure it was an SRT-4 though?
Old 07-11-2004, 12:56 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

he lost, it wasn't a kill, and the car sounded like it was his friends and they were planning to race the two cars, so I'm sure he knows what kind of neon it is.

funny thing is you friend can't mod that srt-4 at all. It is already pushing out everything it is going to push out, without drastic modifications. Meaning, with a couple more mods you'll beat him, he has only cosmetic mods to do, you still have headers, pulleys, s/c, nos available. He's already turbo'd any without any mufflers, there is hardly anything he can do to he car and your's is barely started modding.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
funny thing is you friend can't mod that srt-4 at all.

umm, ever heard of mopar??

this is stage 2:

http://www.mopar.com/street/tech.htm
Old 07-11-2004, 01:23 AM
TL ftw!

I lost so it wasn't a kill.. Yes it was an SRT-4 for sure..

Originally Posted by vandy786
Good kill... are you 100% sure it was an SRT-4 though?
Old 07-11-2004, 02:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
he lost, it wasn't a kill, and the car sounded like it was his friends and they were planning to race the two cars, so I'm sure he knows what kind of neon it is.

funny thing is you friend can't mod that srt-4 at all. It is already pushing out everything it is going to push out, without drastic modifications. Meaning, with a couple more mods you'll beat him, he has only cosmetic mods to do, you still have headers, pulleys, s/c, nos available. He's already turbo'd any without any mufflers, there is hardly anything he can do to he car and your's is barely started modding.
not true, mopar has a 2nd and 3rd stage for more hp!
Old 07-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Dr. TLS

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
not true, mopar has a 2nd and 3rd stage for more hp!
Well, almost keeping up with that kind of power is like a kill in my book. I seriously thought you would have lost by atleast 3 carlengths. Props. DO you have a TLS? Regardless, I bet your friend thinks you have quite a few secret goodies under the hood now.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Kollage is funn!

yeah, that's weird i raced one of those a few months ago in my 03 TL-S, he definitely had screwed with the boost valve or something, it blew loud as shit. dunno how slow they are stock...good job.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:42 AM

I will say this slow it is a neon, bottom line, sink 5 grand into an old Stealth and 5 grand into a S/C and you would kill almost anything on the road.. period...

If you buddy wants to go faster in a POS car, by all means go faster, the car is crap!!!

Anyone here could be beaten by a really souped up civic, but it is still a civic..

And Fsttyms1, if some idiot wants to get the mopar packages on a F'n neon, they deserve to be stuck in a Neon.. Try spending that money properly, I don't think someone is going to sink all the money into the overpriced neon, and then decide to throw another 4/5/6 grand for a mopar package.. I think most people with any common scence would get a used WRX before throwing away your money at a f'n neon..
Old 07-11-2004, 11:43 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

i dont wanna be an ass but an unmodded SRT-4 will blow away a TL with i/e anyday. the driver prolly has a bit to learn about driving.

they are high 13s cars!!

@cUr@-TL
Old 07-11-2004, 02:55 PM
TL ftw!

No I have a TL-P

Originally Posted by vandy786
Well, almost keeping up with that kind of power is like a kill in my book. I seriously thought you would have lost by atleast 3 carlengths. Props. DO you have a TLS? Regardless, I bet your friend thinks you have quite a few secret goodies under the hood now.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:23 PM
S = Slow

are you sure? i raced a srt4 and i have a type s with a aem cai and he beat me by 4 cars and still going. but i had 5 people in the car
Old 07-11-2004, 03:25 PM
S = Slow

oh and when he was about 4 car lenghts the tack was reading 125 mph when i let go
Old 07-11-2004, 04:04 PM
TL ftw!

Well next time race by yourself because more people in your car will add more weight to your car and that can make a difference.

Originally Posted by UglyPsycho
oh and when he was about 4 car lenghts the tack was reading 125 mph when i let go
Old 07-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Racer

I raced a modded SRT-4 from a stop. I beat him by half a car length in a race up to third gear. I know his car could beat mines but he had no traction throughtout first and part of second gear. Its not about how much power a car has, its about driver and getting that power to the ground.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:59 PM
S = Slow

Originally Posted by UglyPsycho
i know it makes a difference with people in the car. me and my friends just wanted to see that the srt-4 got.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:23 PM
TL-S driver

even though the SRT-4 can blow the doors off TL's the fact is, it's still a neon!
Old 07-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Peach Tea

wow this is a funny thread. the srt-4 is no joke, a TL wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell against one. the dude prolly couldn't drive or somethin. i'm scared to death of one of those little bastards.

ResidualFreedom: there are plenty mods for the srt-4, i saw one on speedvision that they hooked up and it was hella fast.

though i don't like neons, that is one beastly ass car and it's very respectable in my book

i don't doubt ur story or anything but i just find it surprising. good kill nonetheless.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:43 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Bottom line is the Srt 4 can be modded to destroy most cars on the road. I have already seen an SRT-4 pull high 11's on a stock turbo with 2500 in mods and drag radials.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Advanced

realistically what can you get for 20k brand new that is a low 13 sec car, stock? even if it a neon, its a good deal for the money if you are looking for a fast car.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:27 AM
Pro

If you just want a fast car, for sure go with the neon. It is a great choice for pure speed. Want a car with leather and great stereo system that can romp on most 4bangers out there, that is the reason why this forum exists. gotta give it to dodge for making a fast POS. heheh (all in good fun)
Old 08-14-2004, 09:40 AM
Intermediate

i heard those Neons come with
a mechanic in the trunk!!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Peach Tea

damn this thread came out of the blue. it was dead for a month
Old 08-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Instructor

funny thing is you friend can't mod that srt-4 at all. It is already pushing out everything it is going to push out, without drastic modifications. Meaning, with a couple more mods you'll beat him, he has only cosmetic mods to do, you still have headers, pulleys, s/c, nos available. He's already turbo'd any without any mufflers, there is hardly anything he can do to he car and your's is barely started modding.[/QUOTE]

No modding? I happened to work on the project with company that supplies turbos to Chrysler. The same turbocharger goes into Neon and PT Cruiser. This company had tested larger size turbocharger on Neon. They said that Neon 4 cylinder engine was outputting close to 700 HP. Of course, nobody discuss engine lifespan.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by mlionel
No modding? I happened to work on the project with company that supplies turbos to Chrysler. The same turbocharger goes into Neon and PT Cruiser. This company had tested larger size turbocharger on Neon. They said that Neon 4 cylinder engine was outputting close to 700 HP. Of course, nobody discuss engine lifespan.[/QUOTE]
tHE srt-4 HAS I think 3 FACTORY upgrade packages to get to 300+ HP.
500HP SRT4s are running around already...
Old 08-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Banned

sorry im calling bs
Old 08-15-2004, 09:29 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
No modding? I happened to work on the project with company that supplies turbos to Chrysler. The same turbocharger goes into Neon and PT Cruiser. This company had tested larger size turbocharger on Neon. They said that Neon 4 cylinder engine was outputting close to 700 HP. Of course, nobody discuss engine lifespan.
tHE srt-4 HAS I think 3 FACTORY upgrade packages to get to 300+ HP.
500HP SRT4s are running around already...

any word on the engine life span? i will agree though, that for the money you can't beat what you're getting. you can always squeeze more power somehwere given you have the money. boost controllers, intake, exhaust mods, flywheels, etc.. i don't think dodge would have put the car out if they didn't think they could make some money off it in the aftermarket division.

SSTS
Old 08-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
OK ... this is totally unrelated to the TL now ...
Thread closed.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
OK...
Thread moved to ramblings and unlocked. Thanks supermods for fixing my mistake.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:34 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts

this has got to be a joke. Do you know ANYTHING about modding cars? There are already a more then a couple of them into the low 11's high 10's. AND COUNTLESS companies making tons of products fot hese things.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:34 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by derrick
OK...
Thread moved to ramblings and unlocked. Thanks supermods for fixing my mistake.

moved to car and bike talk where it should go
Old 08-16-2004, 02:37 PM
teh Senior Instigator

I will say this slow it is a neon, bottom line, sink 5 grand into an old Stealth and 5 grand into a S/C and you would kill almost anything on the road.. period...

If you buddy wants to go faster in a POS car, by all means go faster, the car is crap!!!

Anyone here could be beaten by a really souped up civic, but it is still a civic..

And Fsttyms1, if some idiot wants to get the mopar packages on a F'n neon, they deserve to be stuck in a Neon.. Try spending that money properly, I don't think someone is going to sink all the money into the overpriced neon, and then decide to throw another 4/5/6 grand for a mopar package.. I think most people with any common scence would get a used WRX before throwing away your money at a f'n neon..

dude, you have got to be one of the dumbest people i've met on the net talking about cars. First off, the old good stealths were turbo'd. Why the hell would you put an S/C on them. and the SRT-4 is overpriced? The things cost less then 20K. It's a bitchin little car and a world of difference from the basic neon. Sure anyone can make anything go fast, but that's the beauty of it. I wouldn't own one but the SRT-4's are KILLER cars
Old 08-16-2004, 02:39 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by SatinSilverTypS
any word on the engine life span? i will agree though, that for the money you can't beat what you're getting. you can always squeeze more power somehwere given you have the money. boost controllers, intake, exhaust mods, flywheels, etc.. i don't think dodge would have put the car out if they didn't think they could make some money off it in the aftermarket division.

SSTS

who cares if the motor blows, it'd a dodge motor, they can't be expensive
Old 08-17-2004, 12:14 PM

Ok looks like I'm getting a bunch of "bad reputation Points" for a opinion/post I had/made, a month ago!!

Isn't everyone intitled to their opinion? I haven't even checked this thread in months and I saw the negative rep posts in my box and realized this thread is still open. Geeze get over it, you really trying to hammer a point across don't you?

Honestly, we are talking about the car here not the engine, BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!. You go cruzing in your Neon, with the engine that will blow anything away.

I know of a gremlin with a 350 in it that runs low 11's, but I wouldn't be caught dead in it, why???? BEACUSE IT'S a GREMLIN!!!!!

Now would you please quit with the inappropriate remarks in my "rep" box, it is only an opinion......get over it.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:34 PM
teh Senior Instigator

no, you were definately talking about the engine, and then you realizes you were completely clueless and tried to compare the car. Your comments that his car is maxed out and that the TL has more modding capabilities is what everyone was commenting to you on.

And anyways, we were talking about a SPEED CONTEST, not who got there in a nicer way. If you have a civic that can spank a ferrari you are gonna be fuckin stoked, but anyone short of a moron would of course want the ferrari.

I don't see how anything you said about the performance of these cars was "opinion"

bad rep points, I didn't even think about that
Old 08-17-2004, 02:39 PM
teh Senior Instigator

this has got to be the funniest part of this thread BY FAR

great opinion

You could put an S/C, Headers, every mod available for the J32 and it still most likely wouldn't keep up w/ the SRT-4. Throw a couple of bolt ons on the SRT-4 and it'd be over. Just exhaust on those things are adding 20whp
Old 08-17-2004, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by CLpower
bad rep points, I didn't even think about that

to bad it was you, both times.. but enjoy the conversation with yourself, I really don't think anyone cares anymore......enjoy
Old 08-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Flap.

oh stfu, you got and now your trying to take the "high road" gimme a break, you talked out of your ass and got caught... admit it.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:07 PM
teh Senior Instigator

to bad it was you, both times.. but enjoy the conversation with yourself, I really don't think anyone cares anymore......enjoy

actually, it was only me the last time, you can't give someone feedback more then once in a thread
Old 08-17-2004, 07:07 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by Hobo
oh stfu, you got and now your trying to take the "high road" gimme a break, you talked out of your ass and got caught... admit it.