Old 10-25-2021, 08:59 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,235 Likes on 6,202 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Comfy (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 09:04 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,941 Likes on 3,919 Posts
Nice. Glad I won't have to drive some shitbox Nissan next time I go somewhere.
Comfy (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 09:07 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Originally Posted by biker
Those used car values may take a hit in a few years as the above rentals come on the market.
We'll see how the interiors last but the Tesla drivetrain is designed to last 1 million miles and the battery is currently 300-500k miles (the 4680s are unofficially designed for 1million), and software updates keep the car relevant so I would expect them to hold on to them longer.

I'm more interested in how they'll service them, seems like Hertz would train their mechanics on fixing EVs instead of relying on the local Tesla service center. Maybe in a few years Hertz build off of that and gets into the 3rd party EV mechanic business, that'd be great
Comfy (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 09:13 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by #1 STUNNA
We'll see how the interiors last but the Tesla drivetrain is designed to last 1 million miles and the battery is currently 300-500k miles (the 4680s are unofficially designed for 1million), and software updates keep the car relevant so I would expect them to hold on to them longer.

I'm more interested in how they'll service them, seems like Hertz would train their mechanics on fixing EVs instead of relying on the local Tesla service center. Maybe in a few years Hertz build off of that and gets into the 3rd party EV mechanic business, that'd be great
There's not really a ton to fix on these things that a normal mechanic wouldn't be qualified to do. It's all bolted together with cable disconnects all over. Just take out old part, put in new part. Pretty easy. Doesn't hurt that there's really not a whole lot to go wrong to begin with. The biggest issue right now is getting parts, not fixing the car.
Comfy (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 09:59 AM
Sanest Florida Man

This could be huge for word-of-mouth growth. Tesla doesn't advertise (the media hates this) and many owners bought one because they know someone who bought one and got a test ride. This is now another way to introduce EVs to more people, especially people who don't know someone who has a Tesla
Comfy (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 10:25 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Also when FSD launches Hertz could make them autonomous. When the car isn't being rented it could be out driving people around instead of sitting in a parking lot waiting to be used.

Potential game changer...
Comfy (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 11:42 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Tesla Model 3 is now in British NHS fleet. about $500 per month lease with insurance, registration and maintaince included. December delivery long range AWD.
welcome to Chinese export machine.

https://www.nhsfleetsolutions.co.uk/special-offers/
Old 10-25-2021, 11:48 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Wow. But what about the turning radius? I thought no one would want Tesla because of poor tire choices and turning radius. LOL

The stock is going bonkers. Close to crossing over 1000.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:12 PM
Safety Car

Its more cry of desperation from hertz. Legacy manufacturer are no longer making the cheaper version of vehicles. and long wait times.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:40 PM
Sanest Florida Man

This could be huge for word-of-mouth growth. Tesla doesn't advertise (the media hates this) and many owners bought one because they know someone who bought one and got a test ride. This is now another way to introduce EVs to more people, especially people who don't know someone who has a Tesla
Imagine how many people are going to get into a Tesla because the company they work for has a Hertz rental business account. They're going to be given a Model 3 just because that's what they have and then they will experience the instant torque of an EV and be blown away by it. Then they will return the Model 3 to Hertz and later climb back into their ICE car and press the gas pedal, the disappointment will be immeasurable. They will never buy another ICE vehicle, they will wait to get an EV, likely a Tesla.
Comfy (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 12:55 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

The floodgates are opening. Bwaaaahahaaahaa …..
Old 10-25-2021, 01:03 PM
Ex-OEM King

It's hilarious how you are so excited about a car you don't even own that you quote your own posts lol.

I drive ICE and EV cars every day, the EV definitely has the upper hand for rapid acceleration but the ICE cars do just fine for what they are designed for. Went to dinner with my parents, brother, and sister yesterday and everyone comfortably fit into the Subaru. They wouldn't have fit into the Tesla.
pttl (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 01:07 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Its more cry of desperation from hertz. Legacy manufacturer are no longer making the cheaper version of vehicles. and long wait times.
Why desperate act? It’s the most appropriate action in the current (and future) situations. They just emerged from bankruptcy. The new owners want to make a positive impact with the new direction Hertz is taking. They probably already analyzed the pros and cons of ICE vs EVs and decided that EVs are the only option and Tesla is the only one that can deliver on that promise with the production ramp.

https://twitter.com/giscope/status/1452664297759326212?s=21

Maybe that’s one of the reasons they decided to manufacture Model 3 at Giga Austin as well.

Last edited by Comfy; 10-25-2021 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:25 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Although I like Tesla and it's tech, it's way overpriced so I'm buying some puts two years out

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...-12-1029859345
^That's not a good idea
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla...211817273.html

I'm looking at 2023 "puts" in the $80-140 range
I hope you don't go bankrupt, dude

Old 10-25-2021, 03:15 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Comfy
Why desperate act? It’s the most appropriate action in the current (and future) situations. They just emerged from bankruptcy. The new owners want to make a positive impact with the new direction Hertz is taking. They probably already analyzed the pros and cons of ICE vs EVs and decided that EVs are the only option and Tesla is the only one that can deliver on that promise with the production ramp.

https://twitter.com/giscope/status/1...759326212?s=21

Maybe that’s one of the reasons they decided to manufacture Model 3 at Giga Austin as well.
do you seriously think it make any logical sense?. buying $43K car with practical range of 200 miles. and consumer will pay the huge insurance and kw cost of Tesla at supercharge stations. its new way of screwing consumers. when you rent a car you dont have time to waste on home charging.
Remember you need create Natural gas or Coal which is than transported to power plants and than it is transported on main KV lines than there are transmission and distribution losses to supply to superchargers.
you dont have that losses on crude pipelines. Elon has single handily finish off automobile industry.
Tesla model 3 delivery date is now September Next year for basic version. I am sure by that time price will be over $60K.
https://www.tesla.com/model3/design#overview

As i said as before it is time for Elon to dissociate from Tesla Shanghai. Let Chinese put there own name plate and sell to rest of the world. Elon does not visit Shanghai anyway so his management skills are not needed.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-giga...ont-elon-musk/

Elon Musk confirms that Tesla Giga Shanghai now exceeds the Fremont Factory

Old 10-25-2021, 03:29 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,064 Likes on 3,897 Posts
....and then they will experience the instant torque of an EV and be blown away by it. Then they will return the Model 3 to Hertz and later climb back into their ICE car and press the gas pedal, the disappointment will be immeasurable. They will never buy another ICE vehicle, they will wait to get an EV, likely a Tesla.

Old 10-25-2021, 03:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
That is exactly how Trumpettes are, they would come up with their script of how the world runs and state it as some kind of fact.
Yes. my parents would love the instant torque and race everyone from light to light and one day they would ask me to to buy them a Tesla because they can't live without the instant acceleration that an elderly driver can't live without.

Maybe there are a few but I personally dont know anyone who owns Tesla or any other EV that dont have at least a gas car at home.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 10-25-2021 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:05 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

The question is not if they have any gas cars at home since almost all will have one or more. The real question is how many will continue to buy a new ICE car after the fact, or continue to buy for how many more years.

My guess is that the majority have already purchased their last ICE vehicle. The minority will continue for the next few years and then suddenly realize their mistake. That’ll be the end of ICE age as we know it. Sure there will
be some specialty vehicles still puttering around, but that’ll be a niche market.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:21 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

do you seriously think it make any logical sense?. buying $43K car with practical range of 200 miles. and consumer will pay the huge insurance and kw cost of Tesla at supercharge stations. its new way of screwing consumers. when you rent a car you dont have time to waste on home charging.
Remember you need create Natural gas or Coal which is than transported to power plants and than it is transported on main KV lines than there are transmission and distribution losses to supply to superchargers.
you dont have that losses on crude pipelines. Elon has single handily finish off automobile industry.
Tesla model 3 delivery date is now September Next year for basic version. I am sure by that time price will be over $60K.
https://www.tesla.com/model3/design#overview

As i said as before it is time for Elon to dissociate from Tesla Shanghai. Let Chinese put there own name plate and sell to rest of the world. Elon does not visit Shanghai anyway so his management skills are not needed.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-giga...ont-elon-musk/

Elon Musk confirms that Tesla Giga Shanghai now exceeds the Fremont Factory

You heard about this quote, right…?

“Better To Remain Silent And Be Thought A Fool Than To Speak Out And Remove All Doubt”.

Tesla owns 100% of Giga Shanghai. So there’s nothing Chinese about it, other than the people who work there, unless Chinese government decides to assume it’s ownership in violation of all international rules.

What’s this fetish about insurance. Now whenever I rent a car, I never buy separate insurance unless in some states where they require specific insurance. Even in that case, Hertz or other rental agents have their own standard rates for all cars in that category. EVs may be even lower since their upkeep and maintenance is much lower.

If I fly to a city where I need a car, I don’t go running a cannonball run with that car. Most likely I need it only within that city. If I had needed to travel much more than the range of that car, I would have simply flown to that city further away instead. LOL.

Let’s not talk about the debate about EV and gas transport/ transmission. The quote I posted in the beginning applies to that. .

I’m sure even Sam and Onoowindoo are laughing heartily.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:58 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

do you seriously think it make any logical sense?. buying $43K car with practical range of 200 miles………
This one is something for you to chew on

https://electrek.co/2021/10/25/tesla...ehicle-europe/

Model 3 becomes the best selling car in Europe (okay only for a month, though) not including only EVs, but all cars including ICE compact cars (your favorite Clio too).
Nah…. Must be fake news

The Tesla Model 3 has become the first all-electric car to become the best-selling vehicle in Europe.

However, that’s on a monthly basis and Tesla’s deliveries vary widely on a monthly basis.

Last quarter, Tesla delivered a record number of vehicles – getting close to a quarter of million vehicles.

Strong performance in all of Tesla’s major markets contributed to the new record.

We previously reported on China and the US contributing significantly, but now new data from Europe is showing how well Tesla is doing in the market.

JATO Dynamics published a list of the top-selling vehicles in Europe in September based on registration data.

The Tesla Model 3 became the best-selling vehicle on the continent last month:
  1. Tesla Model 3: 24,591
  2. Renault Clio: 18,264
  3. Dacia Sandero: 17,988
  4. Volkswagen Golf: 17,507
  5. Fiat/Abarth 500: 16,349
  6. Opel/Vauxhall Corsa: 15,502
  7. Peugeot 2008: 14,931
  8. Hyundai Tucson: 14,088
  9. Peugeot 208: 13,895
  10. Renault Captur: 13,715
As you can see, there is no other all-electric vehicle in the top 10.

Model 3 is the best-selling electric car in Europe by a wide margin and the Model Y actually comes in second:
  1. Tesla Model 3: 24,419
  2. Tesla Model Y: 8,906
  3. Volkswagen ID.3: 8,263
  4. Renault Zoe: 6,577
  5. Skoda Enyaq: 5,913
  6. Kia Niro EV: 5,424
  7. Fiat 500e: 4,738
  8. Volkswagen ID.4: 4,585
  9. Peugeot 208e: 4,295
  10. Dacia Spring: 4,166
While this is an impressive performance for Tesla, it is important to note that the automaker ships vehicles to Europe in batches, and therefore, performance changes widely month-to-month.

Nonetheless, the automaker is having strong sales in the market this year.

Tesla’s sales are up 77% in Europe in 2021 compared to the same period last year.

Electrek’s Take

No matter how great the Model 3 is doing in Europe right now, I think the Model Y will do much better, especially once it is produced in Germany.

However, we shouldn’t expect the big volume to come until the second half of 2022 since the ramp-up at Gigafactory Berlin could take a while.

In the meantime, it will be interesting to see how much volume Tesla can import to Europe from Gigafactory Shanghai.

Are you seeing a pattern here? Or are you still too th**** to see the future right in front of you?
Mind you, this is before even the Giga Berlin has started and cars are being imported from other continents.
Old 10-26-2021, 12:56 AM
Safety Car

You heard about this quote, right…?

“Better To Remain Silent And Be Thought A Fool Than To Speak Out And Remove All Doubt”.

Tesla owns 100% of Giga Shanghai. So there’s nothing Chinese about it, other than the people who work there, unless Chinese government decides to assume it’s ownership in violation of all international rules.
Tesla repaid the $2b loan for that final assembly plant but it has nothing to with Chinese industrial chain that is feeding the factory and which enable such high output.

What’s this fetish about insurance. Now whenever I rent a car, I never buy separate insurance unless in some states where they require specific insurance. Even in that case, Hertz or other rental agents have their own standard rates for all cars in that category. EVs may be even lower since their upkeep and maintenance is much lower.
I have yet to see Tesla lowered insurance for same price. $43K RDX has lower insurance than $43K Model 3. and if Model 3 is curbed and misaligned than good luck repairing it on time.
i think Hertz will need to built factory for tires as Tesla eat tires much faster than other Non EVs.
If I fly to a city where I need a car, I don’t go running a cannonball run with that car. Most likely I need it only within that city. If I had needed to travel much more than the range of that car, I would have simply flown to that city further away instead. LOL.
If you need within the city. you can Uber. no need fo rent a car. In SF most rental cars are broken into. People avoid driving cars into cities. very high insurance rate. it just show how much you know.

Let’s not talk about the debate about EV and gas transport/ transmission. The quote I posted in the beginning applies to that. .

I’m sure even Sam and Onoowindoo are laughing heartily.
Actually you have little understanding of reality. i cannot repeat the same. Elon will be paying for Utilities, various inputs and Chinese batteries to run his Giga Berlin. he will be stream rolled by reality with 10X costs. He better produce cars for US consumers.

Last edited by SSFTSX; 10-26-2021 at 01:02 AM.
Old 10-26-2021, 07:23 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

You made my day except for the part about hailing an Uber which may work in many circumstances, but for others renting is more practical.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:39 AM
Ex-OEM King

The question is not if they have any gas cars at home since almost all will have one or more. The real question is how many will continue to buy a new ICE car after the fact, or continue to buy for how many more years.

My guess is that the majority have already purchased their last ICE vehicle. The minority will continue for the next few years and then suddenly realize their mistake. That’ll be the end of ICE age as we know it. Sure there will
be some specialty vehicles still puttering around, but that’ll be a niche market.
My next car will have a loud engine that blows up dead dinosaur for power and uses three pedals for driving, not one.

That said, I'll probably always have an EV for daily purposes just because it makes sense. I probably won't buy another Tesla but will certainly have an EV for daily.
00TL-P3.2 (10-26-2021)
Old 10-26-2021, 09:00 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,252 Likes on 4,869 Posts

Hertz doesn't have mechanics. They typically hold on to cars for the duration of the warranty and then sell them. Any issues, it goes to the dealer.
Old 10-26-2021, 12:28 PM
Team Owner

and all the infrastructures to support such changes will just magically appear and installed all over the US......
Old 10-26-2021, 01:01 PM
Safety Car

Tesla Model Y with 19inch rim is now August next year delivery. only 20inch delivery in May. Musk cannot manage rims now.
It is just matter of time when tire shortage and prices skyrocket all due to Tesla.
Old 10-26-2021, 01:10 PM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Hertz doesn't have mechanics. They typically hold on to cars for the duration of the warranty and then sell them. Any issues, it goes to the dealer.
They have mechanics to do basic maintenance work that's not covered by warranty like oil changes, tire rotations, etc. They also have people to fix issues caused by damage or wear and tear. They aren't going to be swapping engines or something like that but they definitely have people on hand to do stuff. After all, a car out of service is a car not making money so getting the car back on the road ASAP is huge for them.
Old 10-26-2021, 03:37 PM
Safety Car

You made my day except for the part about hailing an Uber which may work in many circumstances, but for others renting is more practical.
why would family rent a Model 3 from Hertz?. does it have space and comfort of mid size sedan or SUV? let alone full size SUV.
for single person. Uber much better. no need to deal with parking and car breakings inside the cities. its very minor market.
seems there was no demand Model 3 and Tesla needed to sell for what ever parts they have preordered.

Go look at Turo.com. It is full of rental Teslas.

than there is used market that not much higher price than what you order from Tesla. If there was truly high demand for Model 3. These people will be charging much higher price for used as it is available and ceramic coated.
out of warranty Toyota hold value better and command far higher prices. This called Brand image.
After warranty Tesla is completely worthless.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto...399542009.html

2021 Tesla model 3 performance - $59,000

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...398120251.html

2021 TESLA MODEL 3 STANDARD RANGE PLUS - $48,000

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...395149308.html

2021 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range+ RWD - $49,000

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd...399560115.html

2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro - SUV - $56,988

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd...394371163.html

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser Weekend Sale, call today! - $45,900

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/pittsburg-2015-toyota-land-cruiser-we/7387922297.html

2015 Toyota Land Cruiser - We speak (English) (Espaol) (Chinese) B - $61999.00

Old 10-26-2021, 03:41 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,252 Likes on 4,869 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1
They have mechanics to do basic maintenance work that's not covered by warranty like oil changes, tire rotations, etc. They also have people to fix issues caused by damage or wear and tear. They aren't going to be swapping engines or something like that but they definitely have people on hand to do stuff. After all, a car out of service is a car not making money so getting the car back on the road ASAP is huge for them.
You're right - my brain was thinking only repair, not maintain.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:28 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

why would family rent a Model 3 from Hertz?. does it have space and comfort of mid size sedan or SUV? let alone full size SUV.
for single person. Uber much better. no need to deal with parking and car breakings inside the cities. its very minor market.
seems there was no demand Model 3 and Tesla needed to sell for what ever parts they have preordered.

Go look at Turo.com. It is full of rental Teslas.

than there is used market that not much higher price than what you order from Tesla. If there was truly high demand for Model 3. These people will be charging much higher price for used as it is available and ceramic coated.
out of warranty Toyota hold value better and command far higher prices. This called Brand image.
After warranty Tesla is completely worthless.
I don’t understand your logic. So you are saying a used car should have higher prices than a brand new car? You’re the boss man. I need to learn from you how to present everything upside down.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:56 AM
Race Director

Received 625 Likes on 504 Posts
Tesla recently reached the $1 trillion market cap. In our search for solid explanations why, it would be natural for the company to lead all rankings evaluating EV companies. After all, bull analysts try to justify the valuation with the leading role Tesla may have in five to ten years in the EV market. But that’s not what a Chinese survey shows.
8 photos

Created by LandRoads, it was translated and shared by Bridget McCarthy, a financial analyst at Snow Bull Capital. The survey is called “NEV (New Energy Vehicles) Brand Health Index Ranking" and it evaluates popularity, familiarity, reputation, and recommendation.

According to the survey, BYD is the most popular EV brand in China. It is also the third brand with the best reputation and the second when it comes to recommendation and familiarity. The latter is the only ranking in which Tesla leads, and it means that it is the brand most associated with EVs.

Tesla is the second brand in terms of popularity and reputation, which are pretty good results. However, the American brand is not even listed among the five leading brands to pick when it comes to recommendation.

The company that leads this ranking is Li Auto, an EV maker that is only the fifth in popularity, familiarity, and reputation. Anyway, it is the brand with more loyal customers who would recommend it to family and friends.

NIO is the brand with the best reputation in the survey. The Chinese company was only fourth in popularity but third in familiarity and recommendation. That probably has to do with the fact that it is a luxury brand.

Xpeng is another brand that did not make it into the recommendation ranking. It was third in popularity and fourth in familiarity and reputation. Replacing Tesla and Xpeng in that category were Leapmotor in the fifth place and Volkswagen ID in the fourth.

The survey reinforces why Tesla’s market cap has raised so much doubt about its fundaments. Without a marketing department, Tesla relies only on the good impression it may cause on its customers. If it does not appear among the five leading brands in China when it comes to recommendation, the lead it could have on the EV market in a decade is more a belief investors and fans chose to have than something sustained by data and facts.
Tesla Only Leads in Familiarity in Chinese Research About EV Brands Perception - autoevolution

Biker, who is waiting for the rebuttal on this one.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:05 AM
Race Director

Tesla Inc. has joined the trillion-dollar-valuation club — as the member with the lowest revenue.

The electric-vehicle maker’s shares have run past several milestones over the past couple of weeks amid a rush of positive news, including reaching a rarefied $1 trillion in market value on Monday. That helped further bolster sentiment among investors, who are betting on Tesla’s potential for rapid future growth as EVs become mainstream and eventually replace gas-powered cars.

However, unlike its trillion-dollar peers, Tesla’s valuation touched that level long before its revenue could reach the $50 billion mark.

Even though Tesla is the fifth-biggest company on the S&P 500 Index when ranked by market capitalization, it is in the 89th place when ranked by last year’s annual revenue. It is preceded by Capital One Financial Corp. — which had $31.6 billion in revenue last year (versus Tesla’s $31.5 billion) and is valued at $75 billion. The company with the biggest revenue on the index is Walmart — a mammoth $559.2 billion that dwarfs its own valuation of about $417 billion.

“If you look at Tesla’s revenue for the next year or so, valuation looks stretched,” Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives said by phone. However, Ives’ $1,100 price target on Tesla reflects the opportunity for the company to capture a major share of the EV market over the next five to 10 years, along with high margins, the analyst said.

Tesla’s valuation milestone came as car-rental company Hertz placed an order for 100,000 Teslas, a move that signals EVs are here to stay and gives bulls confidence that Tesla’s sky-high valuation is sustainable too.

“Wall Street is starting to believe the skyrocketing move with Tesla’s stock price is nowhere near over since Tesla has a massive lead in the EV space and improving growth potential as the U.S., European and Asian markets for electric cars grows,” Oanda analyst Edward Moya wrote in a note on Monday.

Tesla shares jumped as much as 6.1% on Tuesday, after closing up 13% on Monday. The company’s valuation now hovers around $1.1 trillion.

Tesla’s last annual revenue is considerably lower than that of Facebook, which entered the trillion club earlier this year before slipping back below that level. That also gives Tesla a very expensive price-to-sales multiple. The EV maker’s shares are currently trading at 21 times its sales, with the same ratio hovering at 8 times for Facebook and estimated to be around 6.6 times for the NYSE FANG+ Index.

Tesla's price-to-earnings ratio as of Tuesday morning was a very high 327.

Tesla also has a considerable debt load, that puts it in the 162nd place when ranked by 2020’s total debt. For the current year, Tesla reported total debt of $10.1 billion as of Sept. 30.

“Looking at current valuation multiples and market share for Tesla has been a loser’s game for years,” said Matt Weller, global head of market research at Forex.com & City Index. However, Weller noted that at some point, likely as more competition enters the market and interest rates start to rise, “investors will start to question whether the company will be able to deliver on its massive promises.”
Tesla’s $1 trillion valuation soars far above its revenue position (autoblog.com)
Old 10-27-2021, 11:22 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Comfy (10-27-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 11:34 AM
Ex-OEM King

50k cars by November? Of which year? The wait time to get even one car is into next summer lol.
Old 10-27-2021, 11:52 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

I don’t understand. So Uber is renting a car from Hertz to drivers so that it can hopefully make money for Uber in the transaction. I thought getting an Uber was cheaper than renting a car, right? I’m lost here.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:10 PM
Team Owner

50k cars by November? Of which year? The wait time to get even one car is into next summer lol.
2025 .... or later
Old 10-27-2021, 12:18 PM
Race Director

Lots of folks misunderstand the "up to" and "as early as" qualifiers. Could be one car on Nov 30.
#1 STUNNA (10-27-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 01:44 PM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by biker
Lots of folks misunderstand the "up to" and "as early as" qualifiers. Could be one car on Nov 30.
They ain't getting even one car before late next summer if they just ordered them.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:01 PM
Safety Car

seems there is not much demand for base version of Model 3. too many in used car market that less than 1 years old. and since this only thing Tesla can built in numbers. so better offload on Hertz.
consumers will be forced to buy the expensive versions.
base Model 3 with 18inch rims delivery is September next year. it is forcing people to buy with 19inch rims at $1500. I have doubt with 19inch rims this Tesla can go even 180 miles at highway speeds. Who want to rent it for day and waste time on over price supercharging.
You can get Accord Hybrid leather (50mpg, 600 mile range) interior with 17inch rims for $12K less and less wait.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:05 PM
Sanest Florida Man

I don’t understand. So Uber is renting a car from Hertz to drivers so that it can hopefully make money for Uber in the transaction. I thought getting an Uber was cheaper than renting a car, right? I’m lost here.
Originally Posted by Uber
Tesla rentals will start out at $334 a week and fall to $299 or lower as the program gets underway. This includes insurance and maintenance and is the best deal available in the market today for drivers looking to rent a Tesla. For the initial launch period, Hertz requires that drivers have at least a 4.7-star rating and have completed at least 150 trips to be eligible.
​​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Tesla: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News