Infiniti: G-Series news **Next Generation Spied (page 75)**

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by phile
^ That's harsh.
Can you tell I hated those orange gauges?

I drove so many G35s when I was looking for cars, but I could not get over the interior and the gauges. It just drove me nuts. But with this new interior and gauge cluster, the G35 may have just made it back onto my list of potentials for my next round of car buying in a few years.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Maximized
Will the coupe be in dealers this Fall? My mom's lease on her RX330 comes up in late November and I think she would love this car

The coupe will out during the first quarter of 2007 unfortunately
Old 06-22-2006, 02:24 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by mrdeeno
I don't know why you guys bitch so much about the orange gauges.

BMW uses reddish/orange gauges also. I would prefer blue, but it's not going to make or break a deal in my book.

Obviously Infiniti realized they made a mistake and have now corrected it.

The more I look at those pics the more impressed I become.

3 series who?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Can you tell I hated those orange gauges?

I drove so many G35s when I was looking for cars, but I could not get over the interior and the gauges. It just drove me nuts. But with this new interior and gauge cluster, the G35 may have just made it back onto my list of potentials for my next round of car buying in a few years.

I totally agree, those orange guages were and the interior,......blah as well.

The new interior looks good, and the timing of the sedan might be perfect for when my dad is replacing his car. I hope he gets one of these.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gavriil
The coupe will out during the first quarter of 2007 unfortunately
She used to have a 330i, so the sedan isn't out of the question either

Is it me or does the new G's styling make it look smaller? I think Infiniti hit a home run styling wise, now we just need to see how it drives. The previous generation was great, but it didn't have BMW like driving dynamics.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:01 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i want...
Old 06-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The red gauges in the BMW are only red when they are lit up at night. During the day, they are white. Plus, the red at night is very legible. The orange gauges in the Nissans/Infinitis are always orange and are just plain ugly. They don't even look sporty so they can't really use that excuse either.
I guess that's why opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

I have no problems with the gauges in my M. They may not look as cool as the blue in Acuras, but they are far from ugly.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:18 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Both the sedan and the coupe are sexy beasts!!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Pro

I honestly dont understand what the problem is with the orange gauges. I think they look great. Its unique and its very clear to view. The M's guages look really good with that whole solar eclipse look. Its kinda odd though how they introduced white gauges for the G but didnt do the same with the M's intro.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 03TL-S
I honestly dont understand what the problem is with the orange gauges. I think they look great. Its unique and its very clear to view. The M's guages look really good with that whole solar eclipse look. Its kinda odd though how they introduced white gauges for the G but didnt do the same with the M's intro.
they had to use up all the orange LED's before Ghosn would let them switch to blue LED's.

The solar eclipse thing is a gimmick and serves no functional purpose. The gauges in the M are actually pretty dull and the solar eclipse thing just dresses them up a little.

Again, they aren't flashy or really cool, but they are far from ugly.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Drifting

I wonder if the G coupe will be G37? There have been lots of rumors of a 3.7L V6 engine and afterall they did register the "G37" trademark name.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:06 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DownUnder
I wonder if the G coupe will be G37? There have been lots of rumors of a 3.7L V6 engine and afterall they did register the "G37" trademark name.
I don't think so. It makes no sense when both are all new cars. I can't help but wonder now if they're saving the 3.7L for the either the introduction of the next gen M in a few years, or when this next gen G get's a refresh in a few years. Infiniti registered G37 in addtition to M37 and FX37, so it'll stands to reason that the Infiniti family V6 engine will be the 3.7L at some point; it's just a question of when. I was disappointed that the G sedan didn't debut as the G37... however, I wouldn't be suprised if an announcement was made that the engine was bumped up and it would be the G37 between now and it's November launch.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:08 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 03TL-S
Well don't forget that the G started the whole orange look, so the M followed. Now that the G's got the Solar Eclipse guages, it's sure to trickle up the rest of the lineup. The M is sure to get them with the next gen car, if not before for it's midlife refresh. The next FX will debut sooner than later, and it's sure to have them too... same for the next gen Q.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, love the inside!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Originally Posted by titan
I don't think so. It makes no sense when both are all new cars. I can't help but wonder now if they're saving the 3.7L for the either the introduction of the next gen M in a few years, or when this next gen G get's a refresh in a few years. Infiniti registered G37 in addtition to M37 and FX37, so it'll stands to reason that the Infiniti family V6 engine will be the 3.7L at some point; it's just a question of when. I was disappointed that the G sedan didn't debut as the G37... however, I wouldn't be suprised if an announcement was made that the engine was bumped up and it would be the G37 between now and it's November launch.
Infiniti is going down the same road as BMW and Lexus - launch a new model with a "good enough" drivetrain and then intro a new drivetrain soon thereafter to spur sales - see GS300 - GS350, 325/330 - 328/335, will happen to the IS250 soon also.
The new drivetrain is probably ready to go and when the sales falter they pull the trigger and replace the drivetrain and give the marketeers something to brag about.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by biker
Infiniti is going down the same road as BMW and Lexus - launch a new model with a "good enough" drivetrain and then intro a new drivetrain soon thereafter to spur sales - see GS300 - GS350, 325/330 - 328/335, will happen to the IS250 soon also.
The new drivetrain is probably ready to go and when the sales falter they pull the trigger and replace the drivetrain and give the marketeers something to brag about.
Acura needs to go about this route too, but oops they don't use numbers to distinguish their models anymore, just letters.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Safety Car

Exactly. But as I was saying in the Infiniti case, it won't be done haphazardly. The GS350 comes only after the all new IS debuted with it; so, the IS set the mark. Some vehicle well set the mark for the rest of the line. I was just wondering if it'd be an M refresh or the next FX, since it seems it won't be the G.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Yeap. That way, there is always some news about the car from the media. Smart marketing/engineering.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Burning Brakes

infiniti did this before....look at the I30/I35 and the 2k-2k3 maxima...they were intro with the VQ30 then the VQ35 was put into those cars after 2 yrs...but mainly cus the alty was redesigned and had a VQ35 option
Old 06-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MaximaPower
infiniti did this before....look at the I30/I35 and the 2k-2k3 maxima...they were intro with the VQ30 then the VQ35 was put into those cars after 2 yrs...but mainly cus the alty was redesigned and had a VQ35 option
Actually, Infiniti didn't really do this intentionally because the I30/35 was pretty much a maxima, so whatever the maxima go, the I got too.

Infinit has not done this yet since Ghosn took over. The G35 was always the G35, the FX35/45 were always FX35/45, and the Q45 and QX56 were always what they were.

And the reason Acura can't do this is because they are slow to evolve their drivetrains. Honda/Acura will go several generations with the same engine and displacement, only adding minor improvements with each generation to raise HP and/or torque.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:32 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

I think its dead.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And the reason Acura can't do this is because they are slow to evolve their drivetrains. Honda/Acura will go several generations with the same engine and displacement, only adding minor improvements with each generation to raise HP and/or torque.
You are a sad, sad man. Who even mentioned Acura?

Acura does evolve their drivetrains - maybe not as much as BMW but then again, they don't just hang onto the same engine output for a whole gen. 1st gen TL originally came with a 2.5 and then the 3.2 was introduced. 2nd TL came with 225hp, and the the Type S came out with 260hp. A Type S is rumored for the 3rd gen TL. The TSX was upped in power for '06. The RSX was upped in power for 05. The MDX was bumped 20hp after 3 (i think) years.

Not too different from Infiniti/Nissan who have been using the same VQ engine in everything from Grocery getter Quest to Luxo Sedan M35? Not a bad thing, but not exactly groundbreaking "evolution".

You are one sad chap - first you try to argue that good gas mileage on the part of the Acura RDX is "Honda playing it safe" whereas Infiniti is "ballsy" because the M gets poor gas mileage? And now you bring Acura/Honda engine evolution into a thread about the new G35. You don't like Acura - fine, but damn, you need to get over yourself.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Race Director

That was a bit harsh.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by vishnus11
You are a sad, sad man. Who even mentioned Acura?

Acura does evolve their drivetrains - maybe not as much as BMW but then again, they don't just hang onto the same engine output for a whole gen. 1st gen TL originally came with a 2.5 and then the 3.2 was introduced. 2nd TL came with 225hp, and the the Type S came out with 260hp. A Type S is rumored for the 3rd gen TL. The TSX was upped in power for '06. The RSX was upped in power for 05. The MDX was bumped 20hp after 3 (i think) years.
And if you learned to READ, I never said they don't evolve their drivetrains. but they are slow and make small changes that give incremential increases in power. How long has the Accord been running with the 3.0 engine? How long has the TL been running with a 3.2L engine? Yeah, there have been increases in power and refinement, but where are the big changes?

Oh, and I mentioned Acura in this regard. Are you the Acura-police, and your job is to monitor negative discussion of Acura? Is this China? Any negative Acura comments need to be quelled and stopped?

Not too different from Infiniti/Nissan who have been using the same VQ engine in everything from Grocery getter Quest to Luxo Sedan M35? Not a bad thing, but not exactly groundbreaking "evolution".
And again, you must learn how to read. Just because you can make out words does not mean you understand. Where did I mention that what infiniti/nissan does is groundbreaking? I'm looking over and over and over at my post...oh where, oh where did I mention Infiniti/Nissan is more "groundbreaking".

I don't need to put words in your mouth to defend myself...but you seem to need to put words in my mouth to defend Acura/Honda.

You are one sad chap - first you try to argue that good gas mileage on the part of the Acura RDX is "Honda playing it safe" whereas Infiniti is "ballsy" because the M gets poor gas mileage? And now you bring Acura/Honda engine evolution into a thread about the new G35. You don't like Acura - fine, but damn, you need to get over yourself.
So you are telling me that Acura/honda does NOT focus on gas mileage? Are you telling me that Acura HAS the balls to produce a fuel-inefficient vehicle? Honda admits this THEMSELVES! They BRAG about how they are the most fuel efficient automaker. They BRAG abuot how "green" they are. they DON'T have the balls to produce a fuel-inefficient vehicle. Why do you think they are so resistant to produce a V8? You can't defend Honda against something THEY CLAIM themselves!

And what's up with the personal attacks? The only thing that's sad is how much in love you are with Honda/Acura that you fail to see any flaws or any potential flaw in them. Do you replace your fuel filter every month because of gizz blockage?

Jeez, what's sad is you need to chill the fuck out. Your love for Honda/Acura is blinding you and it shows.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Team Owner

Oh, and I mentioned Acura in this regard. Are you the Acura-police, and your job is to monitor negative discussion of Acura? Is this China? Any negative Acura comments need to be quelled and stopped?
No, but seriously, your Acura bashing grows tiresome because you can't seem to go into any thread in CarTalk without doing it once, even when it may not be totally relevant.

So you are telling me that Acura/honda does NOT focus on gas mileage? Are you telling me that Acura HAS the balls to produce a fuel-inefficient vehicle? Honda admits this THEMSELVES! They BRAG about how they are the most fuel efficient automaker. They BRAG abuot how "green" they are. they DON'T have the balls to produce a fuel-inefficient vehicle. Why do you think they are so resistant to produce a V8? You can't defend Honda against something THEY CLAIM themselves!
This is from your perspective. Why is it that being gas guzzling is having balls? If anything Honda is the one with the balls to throw convention to the wind and try to play to a different audience, following a corporate message, and not selling out to the whiny bitches who keep calling for a fuel inefficient car (of which there are plenty on the market already). Therefore, do not try to pass this off as a fact and don't harrass people who don't agree with you.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:48 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Everybody calm down.

vishnus11, that was harsh. No need to make it personal. Mrdeeno, for all his faults never makes it personal.

But Mrdeeno, in all fairness, this thread has nothing to do with Honda/Acura so I don't see the need to bring them up. I get the impression your were/are a Honda/Acura fan but are frustrated by their lack of providing you with something you would buy. In fact I think you've said as much in the past.

Anyway, get back on topic. The new G is a very nice car.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:10 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
We need a sticky "I hate Acura" thread so everyone can have a say there.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Therefore, do not try to pass this off as a fact and don't harrass people who don't agree with you.

Yes, but there are bashing of every make/model in pretty much every one of these threads.

I don't "bash" Acura. I state my opinions as they are and justify them as honestly as I can. There are many posts by me praising Acura for certain reasons, and there are many posts by me criticizing Acura for other reasons. I'm not going to shy away from criticizing Acura just out of fear of pissing off Vishnu or some other fanboi.

You say that the orange gauges in Infinitis are ugly, yet I don't get defensive about it. It's an opinion. Do I tell you how "tired" I am of your Infiniti bashing? Same as how I feel about Acura/Honda's lack of balls in certain respects. It's my opinion. But when was the last time I pulled a Vishnu and told you how "sad" you were because you don't agree with my opinion?

I don't hear many people complaining when I say that I like Acura's blue lighting scheme more than Infiniti's orange. I don't hear people complaining when I tell people i would purchase an RL over an M35. I don't hear people complaining when I say the RL is a great car for the money. I'm not into that double standard bullshit where praising Acura is encouraged and criticism labels you as a hater. I don't "harass" anyone. If they don't like what I post, then they can choose to ignore it. If they don't agree, they can choose to chime in with their opinion, like you do. Harassing is taking a personal position and starting personal attacks because you can't intelligently state your opinions, like Vishnu.

Last edited by mrdeeno; 06-23-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dom
Everybody calm down.

vishnus11, that was harsh. No need to make it personal. Mrdeeno, for all his faults never makes it personal.

But Mrdeeno, in all fairness, this thread has nothing to do with Honda/Acura so I don't see the need to bring them up. I get the impression your were/are a Honda/Acura fan but are frustrated by their lack of providing you with something you would buy. In fact I think you've said as much in the past.

Anyway, get back on topic. The new G is a very nice car.
You know what, I STILL AM an Acura/honda fan. But it's very discouraging to see other automakers come out with better and better products that better compete with each other, while Acura/Honda continues to play things conservatively. That's probably why I brought up Acura in this thread. You ever notice that there are fewer articles about Acura/Honda vehicles compared to other brands in most auto-mags?
Old 06-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Team Owner

Yes, but there are bashing of every make/model in pretty much every one of these threads.

I don't "bash" Acura. I state my opinions as they are and justify them as honestly as I can. There are many posts by me praising Acura for certain reasons, and there are many posts by me criticizing Acura for other reasons. I'm not going to shy away from criticizing Acura just out of fear of pissing off Vishnu or some other fanboi.

You say that the orange gauges in Infinitis are ugly, yet I don't get defensive about it. It's an opinion. Do I tell you how "tired" I am of your Infiniti bashing? Same as how I feel about Acura/Honda's lack of balls in certain respects. It's my opinion. But when was the last time I pulled a Vishnu and told you how "sad" you were because you don't agree with my opinion?

I don't hear many people complaining when I say that I like Acura's blue lighting scheme more than Infiniti's orange. I don't hear people complaining when I tell people i would purchase an RL over an M35. I don't hear people complaining when I say the RL is a great car for the money. I'm not into that double standard bullshit where praising Acura is encouraged and criticism labels you as a hater. I don't "harass" anyone. If they don't like what I post, then they can choose to ignore it. If they don't agree, they can choose to chime in with their opinion, like you do. Harassing is taking a personal position and starting personal attacks because you can't intelligently state your opinions, like Vishnu.
The problem is that you do it in EVERY SINGLE THREAD that you're given a chance to, even when the topic of discussion doesn't directly include Honda at the moment. You LOOK for opportunities to tell people how much you think Honda doesn't have balls. This gets tiresome. You have been around long enough that people know your stance. You don't need to assault us with it at every opportunity.

I have no problem with you talking about it if that is the topic of discussion. If it is not directly relevant at the moment, don't find a way to force your point. That's all I'm trying to convey to you.

WE GET YOUR POINT! No need to beat us over the head with it constantly.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Mr Deeno reminds me of Walter Sobjack ...

For Walter, everything, even tangentially, has something to do with Vietnam. For Deeno it's Honda/Acura
Old 06-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
:ibtl:
Old 06-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by F23A4
:ibtl:
Not the main G35 thread.

Biker, who is in a PWish mood.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you guys think the G35 Coupe interior will remain the same as the concept? The G35 Sedan looks so much more different and I would rather wait for a Coupe if it doesnt change.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by invincible569
Do you guys think the G35 Coupe interior will remain the same as the concept? The G35 Sedan looks so much more different and I would rather wait for a Coupe if it doesnt change.
Do you mean the coupe concept? Or the sedan concept/production car?

It'll probably be like the sedan interior...the concept interior was way out there.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by invincible569
The next gen G sedan's interior is a production interior of the G Concept's interior. Look closely and you'll see the resemblence. My guess is that it'll be like the last gen G, with the sedan and coupe's interior's being the same.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Pro

titan is right

Old 06-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I am guessing the steering wheel in the coupe will be flat at the bottom
Old 06-24-2006, 05:57 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
I don't know why you guys bitch so much about the orange gauges.

BMW uses reddish/orange gauges also. I would prefer blue, but it's not going to make or break a deal in my book.

orange gauges = ugly in my book
Old 06-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jiggaman
orange gauges = ugly in my book
and at the top of my list of reasons not to buy a car would be the color of the gauges.

Quick Reply: Infiniti: G-Series news **Next Generation Spied (page 75)**