Hyundai: Sonata News

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by biker
The turbo is not out yet so it has to be the regular Sonata, right?

Those numbers do show something that I've said for some time - some Hondas driven the same way as other cars, do get better mileage than their EPA numbers suggest.
Turbo is out and has been on sale for a few weeks now. He said 6MT, which is only available on the NA 2.4 GLS.

The wifey's NA 2.4 Limited has 1,500 miles and is averaging about 30-31 mpg combined. Still getting broken in. I'm hoping to see 33-35 overall since over half of the miles in that car is highway.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:29 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by pttl
Point is... the TSX is not the Sonata's target. The usual appliances are....
Yea I know. That's why I also posted numbers from the Accord. And I couldn't find much up-to-date info with the other "appliances." I was thinking that since the TSX has bigger wheels, it's heavier, and has more power, it would get worse mileage than a Accord V6. So if the TSX V6 can get 28mpg in the real world, the Accord theoretically can get even better. Unfortunately, I could'n't find data on that, and I don't like to say stuff without being able to back it up with some sort of proof.

Originally Posted by smarty666
Yeah that's my point, Acura has a turbo that gets less power and worse fuel economy then the new Hyundai Sonata one. Acura should be able to get innovative, though recent models and direction would say otherwise, and do something similar. You mean to tell me Acura is going to have to dump hybrids into their entire line up in order to just get better fuel economy? I mean c-mon . boring boring boring!

Get innovated and have fuel efficent turbo I4's and V6 engines without having to go the boring hybrid route! If Hyundai can do it, then there is not reason Acura can not.
That's the problem, if everyone (or every manufacturer) thinks that hybrid is boring, then it will always be boring. There will be no new products or new innovation. This is why the CR-Z was introduced. And so far it has received very decent reviews in terms of driving fun. I'm gonna stop talking about the CR-Z right here so that I don't go way off topic.....

If you have read the previous posts, you should understand that with turbo cars, when you drive them hard, you don't get good mpg. You get good mpg when you drive like a grandma and you get poor mpg when you use the full power.

Also, as you can see from the previous posts, the Honda V6 seems to be quite efficient despite it being outdated. Again, I will stop here, because I already discussed this for like 10 times in my previous posts.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pttl
RDX sucks. It has wide tires and horrible side mirrors. It's too heavy for an SUV of it's size. It is too tall and has too much ground clearance. No SUV needs so much. Plus terrible fuel mileage on bad 5AT. Sonata is clearly superior.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by iforyou
Yea I know. That's why I also posted numbers from the Accord. And I couldn't find much up-to-date info with the other "appliances." I was thinking that since the TSX has bigger wheels, it's heavier, and has more power, it would get worse mileage than a Accord V6. So if the TSX V6 can get 28mpg in the real world, the Accord theoretically can get even better. Unfortunately, I could'n't find data on that, and I don't like to say stuff without being able to back it up with some sort of proof.

That's the problem, if everyone (or every manufacturer) thinks that hybrid is boring, then it will always be boring. There will be no new products or new innovation. This is why the CR-Z was introduced. And so far it has received very decent reviews in terms of driving fun. I'm gonna stop talking about the CR-Z right here so that I don't go way off topic.....

If you have read the previous posts, you should understand that with turbo cars, when you drive them hard, you don't get good mpg. You get good mpg when you drive like a grandma and you get poor mpg when you use the full power.

Also, as you can see from the previous posts, the Honda V6 seems to be quite efficient despite it being outdated. Again, I will stop here, because I already discussed this for like 10 times in my previous posts.
Like I have to repeat again here, just b/c turbo's in the past have not been good at great mpg when pushed hard, does not mean the new Sonata turbo is going to be like that, that is stereotyping.

I agree that most people, who drive properly and live in the right areas can most certainly beat epa numbers. I've done it on my last 5 vehicles. My Maxima for instance was rated 19/26 but in the spring/fall I get 26-27mpg AVGs with plenty of 31-34mpg on open highway trips so its possible to beat epa numbers. Even with the harsh summer and winter temps I get 23-24mpg avgs with 28-30mpg on open highway.

If that is the case, then the Sonata has the potential to beat its epa figures as well, just as the Accord, TSX or any other model has, it just doesn't work for Honda alone. That still puts Honda at a disadvantage if they don't get the 6spd in across the line-up and get those mpg figures up.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Like I have to repeat again here, just b/c turbo's in the past have not been good at great mpg when pushed hard, does not mean the new Sonata turbo is going to be like that, that is stereotyping.

I agree that most people, who drive properly and live in the right areas can most certainly beat epa numbers. I've done it on my last 5 vehicles. My Maxima for instance was rated 19/26 but in the spring/fall I get 26-27mpg AVGs with plenty of 31-34mpg on open highway trips so its possible to beat epa numbers. Even with the harsh summer and winter temps I get 23-24mpg avgs with 28-30mpg on open highway.

If that is the case, then the Sonata has the potential to beat its epa figures as well, just as the Accord, TSX or any other model has, it just doesn't work for Honda alone. That still puts Honda at a disadvantage if they don't get the 6spd in across the line-up and get those mpg figures up.
Sonat does not have potential of beating EPA figures in comparision tests. It is avg same as Pre-MMC Honda Accord. not the 2011 model.
6MT 2G TSX has beaten EPA figures on C&D long term test. (5Auto is more efficient than 6MT). in Case of Sonata it does not matter whether 6MT or 6AT.
Once RDX gets 6AT it will be way faster than Sonata turbo even with current engine. The quality of Honda power delivery and fuel economy is different level. 240bhp of Honda is not the same as 274bhp of Hyundai.
Just like 280bhp TSX V6 is faster than 290bhp Maxima despite being 100lbs heavier.

Not some Hondas but All Honda are at the top of fuel economy.
Honda is the Greenest automaker for 5year in a row. and has consistently performed better than EPA tests despite hampered by transmission/older engines tech. and that fuel mpg gap widens between 5speed auto & 6speed auto the higher the speed above EPA tests.
look at Ford Fiesta vs Fit road comparision test on C&D and compare EPA figures.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
^ what else is new?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Sonat does not have potential of beating EPA figures in comparision tests. It is avg same as Pre-MMC Honda Accord. not the 2011 model.
6MT 2G TSX has beaten EPA figures on C&D long term test. (5Auto is more efficient than 6MT). in Case of Sonata it does not matter whether 6MT or 6AT.
Once RDX gets 6AT it will be way faster than Sonata turbo even with current engine. The quality of Honda power delivery and fuel economy is different level. 240bhp of Honda is not the same as 274bhp of Hyundai.
Just like 280bhp TSX V6 is faster than 290bhp Maxima despite being 100lbs heavier.

Not some Hondas but All Honda are at the top of fuel economy.
Honda is the Greenest automaker for 5year in a row. and has consistently performed better than EPA tests despite hampered by transmission/older engines tech. and that fuel mpg gap widens between 5speed auto & 6speed auto the higher the speed above EPA tests.
look at Ford Fiesta vs Fit road comparision test on C&D and compare EPA figures.
Give it a rest already with your pro-Honda propaganda psychobabble
Nothing you say has any basis in fact nor evidence to back it up and your hypocrisy is staggering!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:58 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by biker
The turbo is not out yet so it has to be the regular Sonata, right?

Those numbers do show something that I've said for some time - some Hondas driven the same way as other cars, do get better mileage than their EPA numbers suggest.
the turbo is out-test drove one about 2 weeks ago. It is a regular sonata with manual transmission that we own. The turbo is not offered with it.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:27 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,064 Likes on 3,897 Posts
@ Fanboi #1

Last edited by pttl; 11-08-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Safety Car

^ how do you like your sonata??

i'd like to hear from someone who has real experience with it than SSFTSX
Old 11-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And how does the turbo compare to the base 4? Any turbo lag nj2?
Old 11-08-2010, 04:28 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about now. I am using current real-world mpg of the Sonata and current real-world mpg of the TSX V6. I also mentioned current Audi's/VW's.

I'll post some links:

2009 A3 2.0T Quattro:
EPA city/highway driving: 21/28 mpg
C/D observed: 22 mpg
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 22/30 mpg
C/D observed: 26 mpg
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ad_test_update

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Avant S-line
FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 21/27 mpg
C/D observed: 18 mpg

2010 VW GT DSG 3-door:
EPA city/highway driving: 24/32 mpg
C/D observed: 24 mpg

2010 TL SH-AWD 6MT:
FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 17/25 mpg
C/D observed: 21 mpg

Several things:

1.) There's a big gap between the two A4's. The one in the long-term test got 26mpg on average. The one in the short-take road test got 18mpg. I'd imagine that for the long-term test, the car is not being driven as aggressively. I think the driver would be much more aggressive in the short-take test. This shows how driving aggressively would make a big difference in mpg in a small cc turbo car.

2.) A3 2.0T Quattro gets even worse mileage than the 4000lb TL SH-AWD.

3.) MPG depends on weight a lot. These VW's and Audi's are not light. Even the GTI is close to 3200lb. The luxury GTI with AWD, the A3 is even heavier at around 3600lb. IMO weight is a bigger factor in terms of mpg, rather than turbo vs N/A.

I'm not taking away anything from turbocharged engines. I have seen turbocharged engines that get better mpg with better performance than a similar N/A engine. All I'm saying is, I don't think we should automatically think turbocharged engines = always more fuel efficient than N/A engines while producing better performance. There are many other factors that affect mpg.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
And how does the turbo compare to the base 4? Any turbo lag nj2?
there was too much traffic to really check it out. Will try it out again in a few weeks and let you know.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:01 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by yohan81718
^ how do you like your sonata??

i'd like to hear from someone who has real experience with it than SSFTSX
so far-like it-it shows when to shift even tho I do not need that. It now has 8,000+miles and gets great gas mileage. It could have more options with the manual transmission but for less than $18,000 before taxes, etc. it is a great deal. We traded our 05 elantra with over 100,000 problem free miles for it. The passenger seat could be higher up.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by iforyou;12475882}
I'm not taking away anything from turbocharged engines. I have seen turbocharged engines that get better mpg with better performance than a similar N/A engine. All I'm saying is, I don't think we should automatically think turbocharged engines = always more fuel efficient than N/A engines while producing better performance. There are many other factors that affect mpg.
I think your making a mountain out of a mole hill here, I never said that turbo engines automatically mean more efficiency, all I said was is that the new Sonata turbo goes to show that you can get good mpg out of a turbo. Not all turbo's are like that though as you pointed out. All I'm saying is, this should be a big wake up call to Acura that you don't need to dump hybrids into all their products to get good mpg, a turbo can do it if done right. I'm not saying they should not have hybrid models, I think it would be beneficial to have one or two, but they can also work on improving the mpg of their current turbo and give it an advantage over others. Acura needs more then just resale and reliability to win back customers.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
this should be a big wake up call to Acura that you don't need to dump hybrids into all their products to get good mpg

Damn Acura with all their Hybrid cars!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura

Damn Acura with all their Hybrid cars!
They have been talking about doing it wise guy! Don't you read the press releases and rumors that TSX69 posts? I don't want to see a hybrid TSX, TL, and RL option as their ONLY solution to improving fuel economy.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
There is CO2 emmission penalty in EU. so either Euro 6 compliant diesel or Hybrid. Honda is smart luxury. so global standardization.
Honda already has mated 6MT with Hybrid and got stellar results with CRZ.
The same concept will applied to Acura.
6MT/hybrid/SH-AWD.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
"Smart Luxury"
Old 11-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about now. I am using current real-world mpg of the Sonata and current real-world mpg of the TSX V6. I also mentioned current Audi's/VW's.

I'll post some links:

2009 A3 2.0T Quattro:
EPA city/highway driving: 21/28 mpg
C/D observed: 22 mpg

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 22/30 mpg
C/D observed: 26 mpg
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ad_test_update

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Avant S-line
FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 21/27 mpg
C/D observed: 18 mpg

2010 VW GT DSG 3-door:
EPA city/highway driving: 24/32 mpg
C/D observed: 24 mpg

2010 TL SH-AWD 6MT:
FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 17/25 mpg
C/D observed: 21 mpg

Several things:

1.) There's a big gap between the two A4's. The one in the long-term test got 26mpg on average. The one in the short-take road test got 18mpg. I'd imagine that for the long-term test, the car is not being driven as aggressively. I think the driver would be much more aggressive in the short-take test. This shows how driving aggressively would make a big difference in mpg in a small cc turbo car.

2.) A3 2.0T Quattro gets even worse mileage than the 4000lb TL SH-AWD.

3.) MPG depends on weight a lot. These VW's and Audi's are not light. Even the GTI is close to 3200lb. The luxury GTI with AWD, the A3 is even heavier at around 3600lb. IMO weight is a bigger factor in terms of mpg, rather than turbo vs N/A.

I've been reading C&D for years, and their observed mpg can be all over the place. I've seen them say that the 335i gets bad mileage and I've seen them say that it gets very good mileage (which a friend tells me it does). A4 drivers also report mileage all over the place so that is a thing with turbos.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
"Smart Luxury"
As opposed to the luxury of being smart which SSFTSX clearly lacks....
Old 11-09-2010, 11:30 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I think your making a mountain out of a mole hill here, I never said that turbo engines automatically mean more efficiency, all I said was is that the new Sonata turbo goes to show that you can get good mpg out of a turbo. Not all turbo's are like that though as you pointed out. All I'm saying is, this should be a big wake up call to Acura that you don't need to dump hybrids into all their products to get good mpg, a turbo can do it if done right. I'm not saying they should not have hybrid models, I think it would be beneficial to have one or two, but they can also work on improving the mpg of their current turbo and give it an advantage over others. Acura needs more then just resale and reliability to win back customers.
Sorry, some of the things I said weren't directly against you. It's just that I have read a lot of stuff from different people.

I think it depends on your definitely of good mpg. As we all know, the IMA is a very simple hybrid system and as I have shown in another post, the IMA system gets 20% better mpg in the same car with the same/similar engine while boosting low end torque by a significant amount.

A more sophisticated hybrid system like the ones used by Toyota would get you even better improvement. However, IMO, the cost for those system is too high and doesn't make much economic sense as this moment.

As you can see from my previous posts, I also believe that NA engines can be designed to get good mpg, on par with turbocharged engines. Unfortunately EPA testing does not reflect this. With a few tweaks, Honda was able to squeeze out an extra 2mpg city/3mpg hwy in the Accord with its 10 year-old engine. The new Odyssey with 6AT is another example - 19/28mpg (18/27mph with 5AT).

Originally Posted by Belzebutt
I've been reading C&D for years, and their observed mpg can be all over the place. I've seen them say that the 335i gets bad mileage and I've seen them say that it gets very good mileage (which a friend tells me it does). A4 drivers also report mileage all over the place so that is a thing with turbos.
Yea, that's exactly my point. It depends greatly on how you drive. Whereas with NA engine, it seems to be more consistent.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
As opposed to the luxury of being smart which SSFTSX clearly lacks....
To say SSFTSX isn't smart is to be kind. He lacks backs logic, rather than simply lacking the comprehension to go over and above par.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:46 PM
hail to the victors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ixion bodykit.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
^That is HOT.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
^^^You could slap a Mercedes emblem on that beast and fool 99% of the people! Looks awesome!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Safety Car

that is HOT
Old 11-11-2010, 09:46 AM
My first Avatar....

Nice. Finally a kit that doesn't go over the top.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Dragging knees in

That Ixion body kit is nice. But the grille emblem and the front plate are redundant. The grille emblem needs to go. Other than that, I love that design.

If I get a Sonata Turbo, I would definitely go that route. But I don't know if I want a FWD again, or have two Sonatas in the family.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Dragging knees in

Bah, I just found out the Ixion kit is made out of fiberglass.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:50 AM
My first Avatar....

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Bah, I just found out the Ixion kit is made out of fiberglass.
As opposed to what?
Old 11-11-2010, 12:04 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Fiberglass = $$
ABS plastic = $$$$
CF = $$$$$$

Now choose

I used to be highly against fiberglass, and I still am for certain parts, like hoods. But fiberglass can be patched up pretty easily from what I've seen. ABS will resist cracking easier but well, it will probably cost more. If they layered up the fiberglass, it should be good
Old 11-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Nice looking. But the kit should be ABS
Old 11-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Fawkatitle.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
TL vs Sonata 2.0T "Comparison"

Disclaimer: (This was done in a closed course please do not attempt at home) Dont know if this have been attempted before by any members if so sorry! I am WELL aware these two vehicles dont fall in the same category and/or class. I did this solely for entertainment and to kill all the Sonata, TL crap. ALOT OF READING AS WELL!!!

Positive and Negative comments are welcomed as I am not easly offended and dont take the internet serious nontheless.

Well the boredom and craziness started this all off with a night of beer maybe. One of my buddies happen to work @ a hyundai dealer and well by regulations there he can't go out and just drive cars well for the hell of it. (its a very strict dealer that also distributes to other dealers new hyundai cars) It was 3 of us in the garage bullshiting and talking my other buddy came up with the idea "hey I will come to the dealer as a potential buyer and request for a test drive while ur my unofficial car salesman. Well a very long story short he bought the story and gave in so wham all set now just a time frame where all three of us are available to get it going.

Well that day has come (of course I didn't go with actor buddy because I was like 2 blocks away in my car) went to the dealer acted really good and he jump into a 2011 Sonata 2.0T with all the options it can get I think it ran in the ball park of 28-29k...

Specs of both cars:

08 TL-S 5AT 100% Stock 16k on the clock, 286hp 3.5L V6
11 Sonata 6AT NEWLY Stock 8 miles on the clock, 274hp 2.0T

I was going to do it with the 4g TL but his was a completely base model and ALOT HEAVIER!

Well from the get go WE already new it would be an handicap race/comparison. But what the hell right? I just wanted to kill bickering.

So we are off, first test BRAKING... We didn't do a 60-0 or 100-0 or any of that C&D crap we did it for response and feel. I am here to say that the Sonata has a WAY more updated braking then the TL as the car dont lean or sqauds in the front under hard braking without activating ABS, all 4 brakes grab with precision. My TL-S brakes are great but even with the stiffer suspension it tends to lean in the front and rear doent grab as hard as the Sonata does. We really didnt care which car stopped faster we just wanted to see which one was controlable under hard breaking without ABS.

Second HIGHWAY... I am assuming the Sonata is lighter due to its engine and being lighter compared to its previous gen. Sonata 3.3L V6 with the shorter wheel base/length then the 2011. Both on paddle shifters we went from 2nd till my 4th gear I instantly pulled and well just kept going from there on (and I thought AT TL's were slow due its added weight and gearing) well nonetheless, the Sonata having more TQ it was a let down (might need more break in miles lol) however up against other sedans out there this car can handle it own weight there is no lying about that. What killed the 4cyl. with the heart of a V6? GEARING!!! Hyundai gave it gears for days just to meet the MPG's of this economy boo!!! Give it a 6spd or shorter gears in the AT and it'll definitely put up more of a fight or surpass it.

Third INTERIOR... The 2.0T is only a SE model meaning no full leather interior unless u want the LIMITED but no 2.0T (According to our knowledge and dealer). The Sonata definitely has more leg room in the rear compared to the TL, but way the roof line falls in the rear feel sorry for any ony above 6ft sitting back there. Dash? its decent no complaints on my part until it comes to the a/c functions... I hate the seat looking thing to control the mode with the useless headrest feature? wtf? lol The TL comes with 6cd changer the Sonata didnt dunno if there is on but that didnt have it. Navi. Acuras better IMO compared the hyundai. Seats on the Sonata well not the fan of the half cloth like and half leather?! I am not sure if its real leather triming but its cheap and highly doubt its all full leather triming. Its lacking rear A/C vents the TL has, audio in the TL is clearer especially with the ELS system with the Dolby on and of course surround sound like. Road noise? I think the TL might have been a little quieter if not dead even. Ride comfort I think that was dead even... lol both have stiffend suspension. Every little thing lights up on the TL and well the Sonata it doesnt, it only has driver auto up/down window. Start button is a plus for the sonata. Well that all i got and can remember.

Fourth EXTERIOR... Well the SE 2.0T comes with 18's and the TL comes with 17's. Which one is lighter? who cares... lol Both on low profile tires however the TL has the higher rating tires. Wider? I dont know I wasnt about to find out either! The TL sits lower and might be a tad bit shorter length. HIDS vs No HIDS... Both have dual exhaust but the quad tip is just sexier IMO. I think (by appearance) the TL also sits wider but of course I wasnt going to that extreme to measure. I do like the keyless entry and never have to take ur keys out of ur pocket. LED tails vs non LED. Rear back up camera on TL no camera on Sonata unless its some extreme option, I know the LIMITED does bring it with the navi. The Sonata has this cheap Jaguar design to it that at first I thought they were ugly but they grew on me. The paint job does look superior vs the TL i give it that but then again maybe due to the fact that my paint is 2yrs old going on 3??? Thats all for this section as well from what i recall.

Fifth ENGINE... V6 vs FI I4 what a joke right? Well what other 2L you know puts out 274hp? Besides the Evo which is a total different write up and I'm sure short. I will give it to them for sqeezing so much out of it with good TQ across the board. Both motors are well responsive and good MPGs.

Sixth TRANNY... 5AT vs 6AT... Why Acura why!!!!??? Hyundai good intensions but forever gearing kills its performance however the paddle shifting shifts quicker then that of the TL.

I think that all from what I can remember, I didnt write anything down I am just going from top of my head... lol I rushed home just so I wont forget anything but I think I still did... LMAO... Well that all folks anything else just ask away and I might remember...

Last edited by esco115; 11-11-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:01 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
the 2.0T does come in Limited trim
Old 11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Fawkatitle.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
^you sir are correct after the fact of writing all that I found out... lol
Old 11-12-2010, 11:19 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Sonata with the Ixion bodykit looks great!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:13 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,869 Likes on 1,427 Posts
Geneva Preview: Hyundai i40/Sonata wagon gets officially rendered

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/13/g...ially-rendere/

Hyundai is preparing to launch a new European D-segment model at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show in March that will compete against such vehicles as the Ford Mondeo and Volkswagen Passat, and it's released a slew of advance renderings of what we might expect.

Filling the slot in the Korean automaker's European line-up that's filled in North America by the Sonata (with which it is a very close twin), the i40 has been designed and developed in Germany by the company's European R&D center in Rüsselsheim. The design closely follows those of recent Hyundai design studies, the Genus concept most closely.

The i40 is slated to go on sale shortly after its debut in Geneva in wagon form, with a sedan version expected to follow. The engine range is expected to include a 2.0-liter, direct-injection four-cylinder producing 170 horsepower and a 1.7-liter turbodiesel with outputs ranging from 115 horsepower to 136, with more powerful versions to follow. In the meantime, take a stroll through the image gallery below for a closer look, as the i40 is almost certainly what a Sonata wagon would look like were Hyundai ever to launch it in the States.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Safety Car

Old 04-05-2011, 01:42 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,869 Likes on 1,427 Posts

Quick Reply: Hyundai: Sonata News