TSX Stock Security System easy to bypass?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question TSX Stock Security System easy to bypass?

i had compustar installed on my ride a few days ago and the tech who installed it took one look at the wiring/components under the driver dash and said it'll only take him 7 seconds to bypass the stock security system. he said something about the wiring is normally encased in the steering wheel but for the tsx it's in the kickpanel so it was easier to get to? he's been doing this for 19 years and the install was tight, no loose wires and he even showed me all the wiring after he was done. so i believed him but wanted to get a 2nd opinion.

so has anyone on this board played with the alarm wiring yet? if so, is this true? electro? moda? thanks!
Old 11-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
He's probably talking about hot wiring the car as you see guys doing in the movies. I don't think that will work unless the TSX doesn't use Honda Ignition Security System. There's usually a chip in the keyfob. Unless that keyfob is in the ignition the car won't start. Yes he might be able to disable the alarm system and try to hot wire the car but it won't start.
Who needs an alarm system anyway - that's what insurance is for.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: TSX Stock Security System easy to bypass?

Originally posted by dabuda2004
i had compustar installed on my ride a few days ago and the tech who installed it took one look at the wiring/components under the driver dash and said it'll only take him 7 seconds to bypass the stock security system. he said something about the wiring is normally encased in the steering wheel but for the tsx it's in the kickpanel so it was easier to get to? he's been doing this for 19 years and the install was tight, no loose wires and he even showed me all the wiring after he was done. so i believed him but wanted to get a 2nd opinion.

so has anyone on this board played with the alarm wiring yet? if so, is this true? electro? moda? thanks!
Actually I haven't messed with the wiring checks on this car, but I gotta imagine it is easy to bypass, but if someone is a pro and wants your car, nothing is going to stop them. Think about it, a cut of a few wires and the car goes silent and blind.

I'll look into it. e_electro.. any input?
Old 11-14-2003, 08:22 AM

Re: Re: TSX Stock Security System easy to bypass?

Originally posted by moda_way
...but I gotta imagine it is easy to bypass, but if someone is a pro and wants your car, nothing is going to stop them. Think about it, a cut of a few wires and the car goes silent and blind.
that's true, they can just unhook/cut the battery wires...had the tech install a self-powered backup so hopefully it'll help
Old 11-14-2003, 09:28 PM
Don't listen to me.

I thought the alarm would let the car start, but just would not turn on the fuel pump. This way a thief could not get far.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:46 PM
Still here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, I got no input here... I never have gotten into alarms much. I figure an alarm is only going to stop the basic theives, if someone really wants your car, nothing will stop them.

And unless you add a mercury tilt switch, they can always just tow your car away
Old 11-15-2003, 01:52 AM
www.boyzaudio.com

most honda/acura now adays has key immobilizer linked to the car's ECU. that's why you have to send in the ECU and the key cylinder if you want to reflash your ECU to aftermarket programs.

if i am a thieve and really wants to steal a TSX, i will just tow it away. Mercury tilt switch will just trigger the alarm, and it wont prevent the car being towed away. that's why a proper installation of the siren or backup-siren is very important. Nowadays no one cares about the car sirens unless it just keep going and going and going. when was the last time you REALLY cared about the car on the street whose alarm went off??
Old 11-21-2003, 09:35 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
What he meant was that the main harness that feeds the ignition switch is on a connector at the top of the fuse bax in the kick panel. I'm guessing he mean he can just unplug that and it's a done deal. Yea maybe the alarm will stop but that bitch still won't start.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:44 AM
No Longer a Poseur

I say we all get self-destruct systems that engage when you try to start the car without the key in the chip or if the car starts moving without its wheels turning...complete with the Star Trek 3 Computer voice countdown blasting through the stereo.

Then, if the thief abandons the car before the countdown is up, the self destruct is aborted (if they get back in, the countdown gets even faster)
Old 11-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Instructor

ahahahahahahah
dats a good one!
Old 12-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Advanced

A buddy of mine decided that if someone really wanted to get into his car then they were going to regaurdless of what you did to stop them. So he decided that he was going to do something that would make them not want to be in his car. He rigged up some really high pitched siren inside his dash so it would sound inside the car. That got so loud there is no way you could concentrate on what you were doing if you were trying to steal his car. If I ever get around to putting an aftermarket alarm on my TSX I think im going to look into doing this.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:57 AM
Pro

Originally posted by MikeMa
I say we all get self-destruct systems that engage when you try to start the car without the key in the chip or if the car starts moving without its wheels turning...complete with the Star Trek 3 Computer voice countdown blasting through the stereo.

Then, if the thief abandons the car before the countdown is up, the self destruct is aborted (if they get back in, the countdown gets even faster)
Just have the car lock the doors, spray honey and release the fire ants....

The auto-destruct alarm was featured in a James Bond movie on the Lotus Esprit. Octopussy, I think.