Running Amp Wires? Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 02:31 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running Amp Wires? Help

hey i am adding subs to my car. was it hard taking everything apart and running the wires? the remote wire......what color wire did you hook it up to in the back of the radio. and how did you run the main power wire thru all that under the steering wheel?

DOES ANYBODY HAVE PICTURES ON WHAT YOU DID.

i have installed many systems on other cars, but this is the first tsx, and i want to know what i am doing before i start.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:10 PM
You want me to break it?

If you get back behind the CD holder in the center console you can see the amp and its wiring harnesses. I don't actually remember the color of the wire, but there was a thread titled line out converter where electro and mojo scanned and posted some wiring diagrams that clearly tell you which wire does what. You could prolly just splice some 18 Ga wire to it and run it down the middle.

As far as running the wires, I ran mine down the center console, under the carpet and rear seat and drilled thru the side of the plastic trunk liner and placed rubber grommets - looks neat and works. Just get a wire coat hanger to use as a wire fish and some flex loom to protect your power wire (the factory wires have flex loom so I did it too just to be safe) and follow the factory looms with zip ties especially at the side of the rear seat. send me a PM if you need more specific than that - power wires were easy, replacing speaker wires blew big chunks.

In terms of under the steering wheel portion, some people have spoken of a hole in the firewall on the right side of the floor board, I found a large loom of factory wire just to the left of the steering column (between the dead pedal and brake) and used increasing sizes of screwdrivers to poke thru the rubber housing as it enters the firewall - traveled just to the side of the factory wires so my wire comes out thru the factory plastic grommet but pokes out of the rubber cover to the side of the factory wires- power wire therefore is held relatively in place by the factory equipment, zip tied to looms under the steering wheel to the center console and there ya go.

I got pics, will work on getting them up soon.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Intermediate

remote wires

hey i have everything done on my car. i have all the wires run thru my car and connected, i have one problem though.

i don't know where to hook up my remote wire. where in the back of the head-unit do i connect the remote wire and where does it go so i can hook it up to my amp.

PLEASE HELP ME CAUSE I AM SERIOUSLY STRUGGLING!!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 06:26 PM
You want me to break it?

There is a remote turn on wire in the same harness as the pre amp signal wires - I'm not sure of the color but if you search for a thread called line out converter then there are diagrams that have the wire colors/functions. Just run a long 18 ga wire (I put a 3 amp fuse in line too) to your amp and that's it.

I am probably making an erroneous assumption, but from the way you worded your post I'm not sure so here goes - the remote wire is the wire that your head unit uses to "tell" your amp to turn on - I'm pretty sure that the Acura system is different from others in that the remote lead is always on (at least on my car) because of the navigation system (so the navi voice works even if the radio is off). Most aftermarket radios turn the amp on and off with powering up the system. Sorry if I made a wrong assumption - just wasn't sure if this was what you were asking or not...
Old 01-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Intermediate

guy i know what the wires are and what they do. i am a professional installer installing systems. i do this for a living. i am trying to install my subs to my car. i have everything done. wiring and everything except the remote wire. i know the wire is in the harness, i just don't know which wire it is. what color is the wire.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:49 PM
You want me to break it?

Sorry - I don't know how to link stuff here, so you gotta search the site for a thread called line out converter - diagrams are there.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Don't listen to me.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is yellow/green
Old 01-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Don't listen to me.

Maybe this will help.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Don't listen to me.

On the head unit the switched power (Yellow/Green) and the Acc ((Yellow/Red) are the same color as the amp. If you have any other questions let me know and I try to awnser them.