replacement for rgb 1???found this on the clarion website

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 11:09 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
replacement for rgb 1???found this on the clarion website

ive been looking for an alternative to the avc rgb1 (discontinued by pioneer)for my dvd to navi conversion. well bl^5 highly recommends the sony xa-39II and it seems to be the agood piece but im still doing research and i found this on www.clarion.com its another fm modulator as opposed to the pioneer one now it seems that fm modulators get mixed reviews but i am looking for excellent sound clarity and for some reason the fm modulator doesnt seem to me like it can be achieved however i like the idea of being able to control the sound volume from my stock head unit so once again i end up goin back to square one if anyone can give me any info on this particular product lemme know in any case im puttin up pics and maybe someone else will test the waters.

incidentally i no nothing about car audio i do however know that audio shops jack prices up ridiculously so this is the reason im searchin for my parts myself then ill hand it to a buddy of mine who will do a pro install this will be in about a month
Old 01-30-2002, 11:27 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from what I know the Pioneer convertor has nothing to do with sound. It converts video signal only.
Old 01-30-2002, 11:32 PM
Pro

Originally posted by SilverKnight
from what I know the Pioneer convertor has nothing to do with sound. It converts video signal only.
ok now im confused
Old 01-30-2002, 11:50 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Generationz

ok now im confused
ok i understand now its the fm modulator i am trying to avoid as well as find the fuckin av-rgb1 (or an alternative).I have this whole printed nightmare of papers layin all over my office confusin the shit outta me.

i know nothin about this shit i think ill just take it to the car shop and get fucked...
Old 01-31-2002, 12:09 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Generationz

ok i understand now its the fm modulator i am trying to avoid as well as find the fuckin av-rgb1 (or an alternative).I have this whole printed nightmare of papers layin all over my office confusin the shit outta me.

i know nothin about this shit i think ill just take it to the car shop and get fucked...
The FM modulator you posted is used to convert sound to FM signal which you can tune with your radio (in another word, extra input if you dont have AUX input).

The Pioneer converter converts composite video signal to RGB signal.

The 2 converters are not the same so you cannot use one to substitute the other.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by SilverKnight

The FM modulator you posted is used to convert sound to FM signal which you can tune with your radio (in another word, extra input if you dont have AUX input).

The Pioneer converter converts composite video signal to RGB signal.

The 2 converters are not the same so you cannot use one to substitute the other.

Right!

1. You need a new DVD player for the video signal.

2. You need a AVC-RGB1 to convert that video signal into one that the navi screen will understand.

3. You need some way to get the audio from your DVD player into the factory system.

4. The sony switch highly recommended by BL^5 is one alternative if your dvd player has a headphone out. You will not be able to use the stock head unit volume to control the volume of the dvd with this option. This option will give you the best sound quality.

5. The RF modulator is another option instead of the sony switch. You will likey get only decent sound quality, but you will be able to use the volume control on the stock head unit to control the volume for the DVD. Plus it will probably be easier to install than the sony switch.

The clarion thing you posted at the front could be used for for option 5.

Hope that helps spell it all out for ya! Sounds like you may be in information overload mode.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:25 PM
Pro

[
Hope that helps spell it all out for ya! Sounds like you may be in information overload mode. [/B][/QUOTE]

your tellin me but ya i got that figured out know im torn between the switch or the modulator:angry:
Old 01-31-2002, 09:31 PM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
What they said....

Ya bud,

You need AVC RGB-1 and Sony Switch. Picture the final product like the back inputs on a good TV. A good TV has a yellow rca input jack for video and a red and white one for audio (3 all together). This conversion will give you those three input jacks in your car. The AVC RGB1 gives the yellow and the sony switch or FM modualator gives you the red and white.

In the end, if you can hook up a home stereo, you can do this mod. I didn't have to mod the AVC RGB1 myself though.