IceLink, BlitzSafe, and NeoIon

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 07:47 PM
jit
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IceLink, BlitzSafe, and NeoIon

Hi,
My shopping urge hit and I am looking to buy an iPod and hook it up to my 2001 CL-S with Navi. After searching through some of the posts here regarding the available interfaces, here is what I have so far:

1. IceLink. Most expensive. Delivers full functionality on steering-wheel control; charges the iPod. Some ppl have very successful installation (skyeflye), but some are having problem with full integration

2. SafeBLitz. Cheapest. But doesn't allow you to skip track on the steering wheel. Also some problems with display on the stock HU. Some conflict with navi?

3. Neo Ion. Cheaper than IceLink, but close to it. I did not see a lot of posts on this (mainly because I wasn't able to search for 3 letter words). But from few of the posts that I came across, this seems to provide all the functionalities as does IceLink. And so far what I am likley to go with.

Please share your thoughts on these units if you have experience with them. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:13 AM
Instructor

free bump. i'm looking to do the same to my '05 TSX non-navi and connect with an ipod mini.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Super Noob

Same for me... 2004 tsx non-nav. Any feedback on these 3 interfaces?
Old 04-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Instructor

i have the blitzsafe connected in my 03 tls w/ nav. sounds okay but not as good as a cd.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:24 PM
jit
Instructor

just installed my Neo Ion today.
Oddly, it came under the "Peripheral" brand instead of Neo Ion.
Right now I could NOT get it to wrok 100% of the time.
Sometimes it will take the CD player a long time to recongize the device. And when it is recognized, sometimes I can't FF or RW songs. Key word is 'sometimes', sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Maybe there is some sequence i need to follow to turn on the devices.

I was also under the impression that this will work 100% with the Nav system (read from somewhere); but i just read from Neo Ion's online manual (http://www.mp3yourcar.com/manuals/acura.pdf) that this is NOT compatible with factory Nav system. gonna dig around and call tech support.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Yeah after my Ice link didn't work I hear this. I think I'm just getting the blitzsafe, & change tracks on the Ipod if I need to.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:36 AM
jit
Instructor

Originally Posted by Michelin Man
i have the blitzsafe connected in my 03 tls w/ nav. sounds okay but not as good as a cd.
Oh? Why is the sound different? How is it connected?
Does it also use the CD-changer pin at the back of the HU
Old 04-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jit
Hi,
My shopping urge hit and I am looking to buy an iPod and hook it up to my 2001 CL-S with Navi. After searching through some of the posts here regarding the available interfaces, here is what I have so far:

1. IceLink. Most expensive. Delivers full functionality on steering-wheel control; charges the iPod. Some ppl have very successful installation (skyeflye), but some are having problem with full integration

2. SafeBLitz. Cheapest. But doesn't allow you to skip track on the steering wheel. Also some problems with display on the stock HU. Some conflict with navi?

3. Neo Ion. Cheaper than IceLink, but close to it. I did not see a lot of posts on this (mainly because I wasn't able to search for 3 letter words). But from few of the posts that I came across, this seems to provide all the functionalities as does IceLink. And so far what I am likley to go with.

Please share your thoughts on these units if you have experience with them. Thanks in advance.
I recently traded in my 04 TSX with Navi. In December 05, I had the USA Spec PA-11 adapter installed. I can tell you that the install worked well. I had both it hooked up with an Ipod and the Pioneer Airware portable XM unit (since 04 models did not have standard XM). You may want to check out discountcarstereo.com. I was very impressed with the sound of the USA Spec adapter. I also have a BMW with the Ipod adapter, the USA Spec sounds much better and works the same. I had it installed with the XM adapter so it worked as if CD Changer discs 1-4 were allocated to the first four playlists and CD 5 played each song sequentially on the Ipod. CD changer disc 6 was allocated to the XM unit.

By the way, the USA Spec adapter does not display ID3 tags.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Advanced

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/finally-found-working-ipod-solution-04-tsx-w-nav-335600/
Old 05-02-2006, 04:21 PM
jit
Instructor

Originally Posted by saccorator
I recently traded in my 04 TSX with Navi. In December 05, I had the USA Spec PA-11 adapter installed. I can tell you that the install worked well. I had both it hooked up with an Ipod and the Pioneer Airware portable XM unit (since 04 models did not have standard XM). You may want to check out discountcarstereo.com. I was very impressed with the sound of the USA Spec adapter. I also have a BMW with the Ipod adapter, the USA Spec sounds much better and works the same. I had it installed with the XM adapter so it worked as if CD Changer discs 1-4 were allocated to the first four playlists and CD 5 played each song sequentially on the Ipod. CD changer disc 6 was allocated to the XM unit.

By the way, the USA Spec adapter does not display ID3 tags.
Thanks for the info. But according to crutchfield.com, this particular model does not work with 2001 CL. Does anyone know whether the CD Changer output are the same between 04 TSX and 01 CL?

Thanks much
J
Old 05-02-2006, 04:22 PM
jit
Instructor

Do you know whether 2001 CL uses the same CD changer output as the 04 TSX?
crutchfield.com says the USA SPEC PA11-HON2 won't work with 2001 CL
thanks for the info.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:31 PM
jit
Instructor

Originally Posted by jit
Do you know whether 2001 CL uses the same CD changer output as the 04 TSX?
crutchfield.com says the USA SPEC PA11-HON2 won't work with 2001 CL
thanks for the info.
yea, i also read on Crutchfield that it does NOT work TSX
I just got off the phone with sales rep @ crutchfield, he also said it doesn't work with CL
i might just try my luck since you had successful experience with it.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Advanced

Sorry, didn't realize you had a CL. I have a TSX and don't have any experience with the CLs. Good luck though!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:41 PM
jit
Instructor

Originally Posted by 04rob
Sorry, didn't realize you had a CL. I have a TSX and don't have any experience with the CLs. Good luck though!
but like you said, it's the only one that they didnt advertise as compatible with TSX
what made you try it tho, 'knowing' that it wasn't going to be compatible?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Advanced

I've been following all of the Ipod adpater posts for months, and sometime a couple of months ago I saw someone post that it works with the TSX (sorry, can't find it right now), plus, the connector looked the same so I gave it a try.