Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Git er Done!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally took some pics of my system!!

My little Sirius install in the upper pocket

Eclipse EQ in the glove box

Aux audio inputs down on the floor so I can hook up an MP3 player or something

Custom trunk install. There is a 1.5 farad digital cap on a stand behind the left amp.

My Kenwood Music Keg installed in the trim board.

Sirius antenna slightly modified to fit under the brake light.

I had the same rattles that everyone else had in their doors. So when I had all the door panels off I went crazy with the dynamat. Also something else that annoied me with the car are the how the door locks don't sit flush when the are locked. So I modified those when I had the panels off.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Old 06-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Jewdacris!!

The locks look nice, im guessing with the dynomat the rattles are less? Also how do you like that music keg?
Old 06-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Git er Done!!

Originally Posted by BlackTSX
The locks look nice, im guessing with the dynomat the rattles are less? Also how do you like that music keg?
Yep, ALL rattles are gone!

I love my music keg. This is my second one. I had one in my Integra, but that one got wrecked with the car. I have all the music that's on my computer in my car and it all gets controled through the Sirius controler so I can know what folder or song I'm on.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm wondering how you modified your door lock because they too have bugged me. I was thinking of totally removing them but that would leave a hole in the panel. Looks great flush like that, how'd you do it?
Old 06-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Do they just unscrew?
Old 06-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Future Seminole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats awesome. a very nice setup. no front speaker upgrades though? i find that if i want to turn my bass up higher, i cant cause the front doors get all distorted and muddy, so out those go and in go type r components...
Old 06-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Still here

If you were going to go through the trouble of dynamating your doors like that, you should have used some metal sheets to fill in those large holes... would have made your door like a sealed enclouse and resulted in better sound, exp with aftermarket speakers.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Git er Done!!

Originally Posted by TSX 3Pedal
I'm wondering how you modified your door lock because they too have bugged me. I was thinking of totally removing them but that would leave a hole in the panel. Looks great flush like that, how'd you do it?
For the door locks all you have to do is unscrew the door lock thingy and cut off some off the bottom (start cutting small and just work your way up, because there's no turning back). Then I had to bore out the hole a little and then just screw it back on. It won't get a tight as it used to be but that's no big deal.

Originally Posted by acuratsx03
thats awesome. a very nice setup. no front speaker upgrades though? i find that if i want to turn my bass up higher, i cant cause the front doors get all distorted and muddy, so out those go and in go type r components...
Actually I upgraded ALL the speakers. I have Rockford Fosgate Fanantic Components up front, Fosgate 6.5" 2way titanium speakers in the rear doors, and Fosgate 3way 6x9's in the rear deck. The ones in the front doors just have a plain look to them. They don't have the bling factor that other aftermarket speaker do.

Originally Posted by e_lectro
If you were going to go through the trouble of dynamating your doors like that, you should have used some metal sheets to fill in those large holes... would have made your door like a sealed enclouse and resulted in better sound, exp with aftermarket speakers.
That thought actually crossed my mind, but I just didn't have the time or the resources to do that.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Instructor

satellite, 5 cd changer, and the music keg... you have enough music to listen to songs for years. I have XM and havent listened to a CD or FM since.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:43 AM
Git er Done!!

Originally Posted by Deelover
satellite, 5 cd changer, and the music keg... you have enough music to listen to songs for years. I have XM and havent listened to a CD or FM since.
Hell yeah dude....my friends have officially made my car the road trip car
Old 06-12-2004, 02:11 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Hmm...the door lock thing is pretty cool. I think I may try that sometime. Think maybe using some thread-locker might get it in tighter?
Old 06-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Instructor

I like the locks, my VW used to be like that. But on German cars, you jusy pull the inside handle and it releases the lock. Has anybody thought about what would happen if you had an electrical failure and you can't pull your locks up to get out of your car? Or even just a car accident that messed up the battery so you have no power. But atleast it looks good, I am just anal enough to do that, just so the door looks that much better.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Evil Empire Peon

Originally Posted by gmfreed
I like the locks, my VW used to be like that. But on German cars, you jusy pull the inside handle and it releases the lock. Has anybody thought about what would happen if you had an electrical failure and you can't pull your locks up to get out of your car? Or even just a car accident that messed up the battery so you have no power. But atleast it looks good, I am just anal enough to do that, just so the door looks that much better.
Actually, that's probably why Acura/Honda didn't make it flush. It's a safety issue more than anything.

One blown fuse could get you locked in your car.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Still here

Originally Posted by Revenent
Actually, that's probably why Acura/Honda didn't make it flush. It's a safety issue more than anything.

One blown fuse could get you locked in your car.

You could always make that part of your alarm system
Old 06-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Evil Empire Peon

Originally Posted by e_lectro
You could always make that part of your alarm system
He he he - somehow, when you're inside the car, it's not that big of an issue.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:46 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Actually, now you've got me thinking... an alarm backup battery, a single relay, and my driver's door switch could unlock the door even with a dead battery!

Now the question is: Do I try to get another set of wires into the door, or do I try to mount the alarm backup battery securely inside the door?
Old 06-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Evil Empire Peon

Originally Posted by elduderino
Actually, now you've got me thinking... an alarm backup battery, a single relay, and my driver's door switch could unlock the door even with a dead battery!

Now the question is: Do I try to get another set of wires into the door, or do I try to mount the alarm backup battery securely inside the door?
It depends on how much power the batteries need to have to power the lock.

It might be easier to run the wires in to the panel since then you can change the batteries if necessary.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:01 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
That boot doesn't seem to have much room, and I might use it all with the lock/arm/disarm wires I'm going to run in there already.

Of course, I need to remember that there is no right way to do something stupid, and my idea might be covered by that pearl of wisdom.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:21 AM
Git er Done!!

CGTSX2004 - Thread locker is a good thing to try but I'm not sure how well it works with plastic

As for the lock not able to be manually pulled up, I did think about that issue of not being able to get out of my car. But I did not modify the rear locks, so if I had to I could get out through the rear doors if necessary. I just had to make the locks flush in the front, because I always put my arm up there and I always used to hit my elbo on that freakin thing. I never had that problem with my Integra because the lock was with the door handle, which is how the TSX should be. Anyway I'm not that worried about electrical failure in an accident, because after my crash in my Integra everything still worked. If you haven't seen the pics of it, the driver's door was crushed into the driver's seat and the power door lock still worked.