avic n1 help~

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
avic n1 help~

i installed my avic n-1 yesetrday by professional installer, well....first off, he couldnt find the speed censor wire for my 98 2.3 CL. do you guys know where that wire is and what color that is? also when i tried my navigation, it totally off where i am by a block plus its not pointing at the right direction where im going where it suppose to. my guide mode doesnt work and this other mode doesnt work for navigation. do u know what would be the problem is? are those problem caused becaused i dont have my speed censor connected?

i would apprieciate you guys help.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From Froggys previous posts..

Best I could do with the image:
Old 03-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Mobile Elec. Guru

to be completely honest i never hook up the speed sensor wire on the avic's for any of my customer's and as far as I know they never have had a problem with the navigation portion it.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by babyloc86
i installed my avic n-1 yesetrday by professional installer, well....first off, he couldnt find the speed censor wire for my 98 2.3 CL. do you guys know where that wire is and what color that is? also when i tried my navigation, it totally off where i am by a block plus its not pointing at the right direction where im going where it suppose to. my guide mode doesnt work and this other mode doesnt work for navigation. do u know what would be the problem is? are those problem caused becaused i dont have my speed censor connected?

i would apprieciate you guys help.
i have the same deck. its great when you get it all set up but its a bitch to do. i'm not sure about the speed sensor wire but as for the navi being off, if you press the big blue navi button it will take you into the menu. press settings. one of the options is "modify current location". play around with that untill you get it to exactly where you are.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by africanstar
i have the same deck. its great when you get it all set up but its a bitch to do. i'm not sure about the speed sensor wire but as for the navi being off, if you press the big blue navi button it will take you into the menu. press settings. one of the options is "modify current location". play around with that untill you get it to exactly where you are.
ill try that soon as i get off from work. thx for your help.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Racer

here is the wire for spped sensor, and remember avic will never work right without VSS being hooked up.

its ORANGE wire

lacated:
PCM is under the passenger dash, under the floor board.
or
cruise control module left of steering wheel column, very easy car to do
Old 03-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vsokolov
here is the wire for spped sensor, and remember avic will never work right without VSS being hooked up.

its ORANGE wire

lacated:
PCM is under the passenger dash, under the floor board.
or
cruise control module left of steering wheel column, very easy car to do

thx alot
Old 03-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

my installer said their is too many orange wires in there and if he connects wrong it might give me big problem.

he said try to find out like example:

ACURA, TSX, 2004, Speed Sense- Blue/white wire

The ECM/PCM is on the front of the transmission tunnel. The connectors are on the passenger side. The VSS wire is in the white 31 pin connector E, pin 26.

its for acura 98 2.3 cl
Old 03-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Racer

tell your installer to learn how to use DMM(digitally multi meter), I'm sorry if your guy can't find speed sensor especially on the cruise control module he should be touching your car.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:21 AM
Mobile Elec. Guru

To be honest if your installer can't do this simple task, it may be time to look for a new installer. That being said, it is not needed to hook the VSS wire up for the navigation portion of the Avic-N1 to work. Regardless of what is said this info has come straight from Pioneer's techs (not that they always can be trusted). I have installed more than just a few of these and I can tell you the VSS wire is essentially a redundancy wire since the Avic relies primarily on it's gps gyro to tell where you are. As I have said before, I don't bother ever hooking the VSS wire in this unit and I've never had a problem with it. The only thing you will lose is the vehicle dynamics feature (of course that may be specifically what you are looking for. . . . .)
Old 03-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Racer

if you live in the city like NYC you will constantly loose signal because of the buildings, and trust me without VSS avic gets lost, plus it's not that hard to find vss at the comuter especially on acura, just got to know what you doing.