01-03 Stock Sound System and Upgrade Info~-

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 10:35 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock Sound System Info

Head Unit:
Manufacturer: Pioneer Model No. FX-MG6096ZH
Made in USA of US and Imported Components.

Amp (located in the trunk, in front of the jack and beneath the trunk liner) :
Manufacturer: Bose Model No. 39186-S3M-A010-M1.
Made in USA of Domestic and Imported Components.
Output Power: 25Wx4 per Bose (see below email - courtesy of ronnie738).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Ronnie,

Your system has a 4 channel 2000 series amplifier @ 25 watts per
channel for a total of 100 watts.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.
Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation US Telephone: (800)231-2673
Customer Support Team International Tel: (508)766-7000 x66699
Email: support@bose.com Fax Number: (508)879-2043
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (EST)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rear speakers: 6x9 Coaxial
Manufacturer: Bose Model No. 352548-001
Made in Indonesia.

Front Mids: 6.5" Single Cone
Manufacturer: Bose Model No. 190580-001
Made in Thailand.

Tweeters: 1"
Manufacturer: ???? (assumed Bose) Model No. S3M 250447
Made in China.
The following users liked this post:
DaBubbla (11-27-2013)
Old 07-17-2002, 05:32 PM
Retired. Not available.

How do I remove stock HU?

I want to thank NJ_CLS_Driver for hosting the pics.
Jonathan, you rock

wire color code:
http://silverknight.clickhere2.net/i...radiowires.jpg (copy and paste link).

Old 07-22-2002, 10:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kudos SilverKnight....

Here is another link of some real life pictures just incase you can't read diagrams..hehe

http://www.autotoys.com/New_Tech/DIY...cd_changer.htm
Old 08-06-2002, 10:44 PM
Retired. Not available.

Post-It Note Holder on Non-Navi CL, useless?

No. Not exactly. If you like music and want to customize how your music sound, Post-It note holder is the perfect spot for any 1/2 DIN size EQ. The only problem is a bracket behind the cover. All you have to do is cut or bend that bracket a little and your EQ will fit nicely in there.

Here is an example (pic of laser1180's CL). The EQ model is in my sig.

Old 08-06-2002, 11:00 PM
Retired. Not available.

Post-It Note Holder on Non-Navi CL, useless?

Q: I regret that I didn't get a CL with Navi. Is it too late? What options do I have? Could I add a screen w/o removing the in-dash changer?

Well, it's not easy but it could be done. As of now, I know there are 3 members on ACL and ATL board who had done it and you could to. There are cutting and trimming involved (there is no way around it). You may even have to modify your screen. However, if you go my route, all you have to do is removing the front panel from the Panasonic 7" screen. Make sure you do your homework before heading out and purchase any random screen.

EDIT: Here is the template. The pics below was what it used to look like. New pics in template
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...12#post1150812

Here is a pic with the screen closed (Model no. in my sig)

And here is one with screen open. I have a back-up camera which is turned on and screen switches to camera input automatically.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:00 AM
do it yourself, !

Thats hot, Mike. I like what you did with the EQ. Did that take a lot of cutting? Can we see more close up pics of that? Is the ash tray/coin holder still functional?
Old 08-21-2002, 02:29 PM
Retired. Not available.

Coin holder and power outlet = gone. And yeah, quite a bit of cutting.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:45 AM
7th Gear

how can we add an amp and subs to our stock radio and not get the hum when you turn the radio off? I have directly connected to the high level inputs at the amp on my rockford and when I turn it off I am getting hum in the subs.......
Old 09-04-2002, 09:39 AM
Retired. Not available.

Why dont you use the stock remote turn on wire for the amp(s). That way your amp will turn off when the stock HU is turned off.
For wires coloring, check the link in my sig.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:16 PM
Mugen Racing Team

if our decks are 25 x 4, what are the stats for the speakers as in rms and max etc...
Old 09-29-2002, 10:22 PM
Retired. Not available.

You can email Bose and ask them. The email is in my initial post. I don't have anything made by Bose in my car so I'm not interested but I'm sure there are others who interested in the info. Let me know if you find anything so I can add it in here. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:12 AM
Advanced

I just checked out the link that RandomWalk posted,

http://www.autotoys.com/New_Tech/DIY...cd_changer.htm

and it looks great but I'm still confused on one thing.

What's the diff between the 1st wire in the 2nd pix w/ the "trunk release" vs. the wire that hooks into the back of the head unit/center console ??

I thought it woulda just been one wire going all the way to the back :-T Anyhow, can someone shed some light on this, as I'm fairly new to audio installations. Or does anyone have some tips on where I could go to read more on how to install audio systems?

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2002, 08:12 AM
Retired. Not available.

Yes, that's only one wire. They just show you to tuck the wire under the panel. What kind of car do you have?
Old 10-22-2002, 10:59 PM
Advanced

I drive an TL-S satin

I'm still wondering why if theres a wire a wire coming out of the headunit going through the center panel, how would that wire go through the left door and through the back and into the trunk. Why not just go through the center panel, through the left back door panel and into the trunk... Which begs another question, how would you hook the wire into the trunk ?? I was poking around my back seat and I was lost

Also, what are the plugin cables that is being referred to? There was not reference to the item code as I have to buy the entire package :-T I was hoping I could just setup my SlimX mp3 cd player which has a little LCD i could put into my cup holder rather than reading track 1-99, and hook it direct to the HU. But then I'd prob have to find a diff adapter anyways since that one seems to be for cd changer...
Old 10-22-2002, 11:05 PM
Retired. Not available.

There was a thread about the adapter not too long ago.

Going through center panel? Where is center panel? The easiest way to go is to the side and to the trunk. You will need a cloth hanger and skinny arm to fish the wire to the trunk via the side of the back seat.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:28 PM
3rd Gear

I have an 03 CLS-Navi. I want to rip the no highs, no lows, must be a Bose POS out and put some kickin' audio in. But I don't want to lose any of the voice features like Navi and the included On-Star etc.
Any suggestions? Please e-mail to me if detailed. I would be thankful for any help you guys can offer. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:30 PM
Retired. Not available.

Justin,
sorry that it took so long.
1. The Panasonic is a full unit. I only took out the front cover so it can fit in the little slot and made the faceplace.
2. Those 2 jacks for A/V input. the screen came with a brain. I hooked a changer, dvd player and a back up camera to it.
3. I cut the brackets like installing the EQ. The only difference is I cut a lot more to install the screen. To install EQ, you only need to a tiny portion of the metal brackets. I had to cut half of the metal brackets and some plastic brackets.

I hope it helps.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Amp Problems ?

My Left Side Speakers lost all sound, then everything went. I thought that it was a bad wiring job or something from the Pioneer speakers I had put in almost a year ago. Took it back to Circuit City had the MGR himself check it out. All wiring was good. He suggest the AMP is going.

Anybody else have this issue ? I have an appointment to take it to Acura in the a.m. Will they HASSLE me with the fact that I had all 4 Speakers Replace ?

Need a little advise.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Flying High Delta Pilot

Caddy,

At this very moment i have this same problem. I added a Crossfire 5channel amp bypassing the bose amp.. its a neat amp. 4 channels at 100watts at 2 ohms for the mids/highs. Then the 5th channel is a class D sub amp that pushes 300 watts at 2 ohms. Anyway. My left wooffer was making weird background noises when there was vocals in the music. Finally after 2 days of the speaker sounding like this...nothin..zip no sound. Then i noticed that the tweater on this sid went too..and that the tweeter was out on the pax side. So i called acura from Atlanta * i work for DL airlines * and told them the deal. THey didnt even hessitate to order..they went ahead too and ordered another woofer for the pax side even though to this day..it plays sound. I get the left side dont tomorrow..the right * pax* side will be done thurs when those come in. but im right there with you. the sound wit hjust a amp was awesome. it was soo good in fact that the audio place told me to not even worry about getting speakers right now. And they are right ... they sound good. One thing i can say about the deck..Is that the S/n ratio must be up there near 100db if not more everything is soo clear. And that's bose main goal..not bass...but for the sound to be even
Old 02-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Interesting !

Good to hear my problem might be solved in a few days. Also, interesting setup and Amp. This the One ?

Amplifiers | CLASS-D | vr705d
Bridgeable 5 channel amplifier, 50Wx4 RMS with 300Wx1 Class D sub channel

That's the Only 5 Channel amp I found on their site. Says 50Wx4

Stock is 25 so this would still be a WORLD of difference.

Your telling me that ACURA Ordered Upgrade of AMP and Speaker ???? That's Awesome. Pye Acura in Chattanooga would NEVER do that ! I told them what was happening, but they know that my Speakers have been replaced with Aftermarket Stuff, so that would "nullify" anything right there I would think. I just had my Tranny Replaced too, so they AINT too thrilled with me I'm sure.

Originally posted by CLS6SPD03
Caddy,

At this very moment i have this same problem. I added a Crossfire 5channel amp bypassing the bose amp.. its a neat amp. 4 channels at 100watts at 2 ohms for the mids/highs. Then the 5th channel is a class D sub amp that pushes 300 watts at 2 ohms. Anyway. My left wooffer was making weird background noises when there was vocals in the music. Finally after 2 days of the speaker sounding like this...nothin..zip no sound. Then i noticed that the tweater on this sid went too..and that the tweeter was out on the pax side. So i called acura from Atlanta * i work for DL airlines * and told them the deal. THey didnt even hessitate to order..they went ahead too and ordered another woofer for the pax side even though to this day..it plays sound. I get the left side dont tomorrow..the right * pax* side will be done thurs when those come in. but im right there with you. the sound wit hjust a amp was awesome. it was soo good in fact that the audio place told me to not even worry about getting speakers right now. And they are right ... they sound good. One thing i can say about the deck..Is that the S/n ratio must be up there near 100db if not more everything is soo clear. And that's bose main goal..not bass...but for the sound to be even
Old 02-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Flying High Delta Pilot

yes thats the amp..and no acura didnt order this..but i went to a audio shop my neighbor owns.. He always says that saying ..." no highs, no lows..then it must be bose"... so i got that amp. Acura is not letting the amp ruin my warranty.. im friends with all the guys and wonderful ladies at this dealership. they take car of me. let me know what happends with your ordeal. I noticed that you put in aftermarket speakers...does pioneer make 2ohm load speakers. If they dont..and ou put them in..that you F up the amp too. Just a little word. Lemme know guys if im wrong.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:26 PM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello,
This is the first time I have posted something as I just became a member(Feb. 25 4:00pm). I have used this site for references for many years but never bothered to become a member until I purchased a 2003 CL-S 6-speed ten days ago. However, I have the same problems with the BOSE audio system; not enough bass! Not even near as much as what my stock 95' EX Accord had. I have read almost every single post in the A/V Electronics forum and still have some questions left unanswered. I currently have a letter into BOSE and am awaiting a response which I will post as soon as I recive it;

.................................................. .........................

Hello,
I have just purchased a 2003 Acura CL-S 6-speed and I have a few technical questions about your system that I figured only you could accurately answer.

-What is the RMS (power capacity) for each BOSE speaker in my Acura CL-S?

-If and where are any crossovers (capacitors) located between the BOSE amp in the trunk and the component speakers (6.5"woofer and 1"tweeter) in the driver and passenger doors?

-If there are crossovers in-line or in the amp (which?) at what frequency is the crossover set? For the Front and Rear?

-Is there some kind of crossover in the system that eliminates some of the ultra-low frequencies for the front component speakers? The 6x9's in the rear deck-lid produce significant ultra-low frequency (rap type bass 50Hz) while the 6.5" woofers in the doors produce none.

-What is the power output for the factory Pioneer Deck? I know that the BOSE amp is rated at 25watts x 4 @ 2 Ohm. Is this correct?

-What are the frequency ranges of the BOSE speakers? What frequency range are they capable of reproducing with the BOSE amp? What about with a high-end aftermarket amp?

Thank you so much for your time and help in this matter. While I understand I am asking a lot of questions your help would be greatly appreciated.

.................................................. ................

Any information relative to these questions would be appreciated.

I saw a post where one of you had placed an equalizer in-line between the Pioneer/factory deck and the BOSE amp. What kind of high/low adapters were used? How many, what type, (deck)High level to low level RCA to high level(amp)? How? I would like to know specifically what kind of gains in low end frequency response you experienced with the stock amp, stock speakers, and aftermarket EQ. How much better? Just better or awesome? Is it worth the $250 or should I just buy a new high end amp for the stock speakers?

In addition, I want to add a sub with sound levels equal or better than the bass from the stock sub in the Acura TL. Where and with what does anyone recommend those levels can be achieved without spending unnecessarily high amounts of money?

Thanks for any help.
Glad to be a member!
Jim
Old 02-25-2003, 05:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Silver, mind making a nice how-to for that LCD setup? That's EXACTLY what i want to do with my CLS, and some detailed info would be GREAT.

Oh, and as a quick question - what are you using for the backup camera?
Old 02-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Retired. Not available.

I'll try to do one this weekend since I plan to restore my setup to the way it used to be.

Regarding the back-up camera, I bought it from Fry's Electronic for 99 bucks. I should have bought the one with mirror image, even though it costs twice as much but I feel it's well worthed.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm still curious as to how you made the full unit fit.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:22 PM
White Lightning

hey silvernight,

where did you get those 2 lights next to the TV you have?
Old 03-16-2003, 12:53 AM
Retired. Not available.

Walgreens
Old 03-17-2003, 10:29 PM
White Lightning

Originally posted by SilverKnight
Walgreens
haha no way! what is it called so I can check it out and how did you install it?
Old 03-18-2003, 02:30 PM
Retired. Not available.

I forgot what it's called. But it's in the area where they sell car related stuff.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Cruisin'

SilverKnight-
I am installing an amp and was wondering where the wiring schematics were for the rear amplifier...You said they were in your "sig". I need a little help finding them because as of now my amp is wired to the radio memory, so I have to disconnect the remote lead everytime I leave the car or the battery will drain. Help me out here. Thanks bud.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Cruisin'

Nevermind, I found it....Thanks.
Old 04-20-2003, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

bose system

I have a 2003 cl-s. I have the stock bose system still in the ride, and i wanna hook up my subs and amp. Installers r telling me this isnt possible, bu tfrom the pics on here, it is. Do i need a special plug or sumthn?
Old 08-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Retired. Not available.

fairfax cl-s,
Sorry, I overlooked your post. This subject has been beaten to death. More than 50% of the posts here is about this subject so please use the search button.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:28 PM
Instructor

theres a special adapter you have to buy, it connects to the bose headunit to ur amp to ur sub, ill get some more info on it for u
Old 08-22-2003, 11:16 AM
10th Gear

What is the wiring diagram for the CL-S Radio harness'? I want to figure out how to wire a 01-03 CL unit up to a TL. The installation diagram very useful in getting the radio out.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Retired. Not available.

http://silverknight.clickhere2.net/sound.html

copy and paste link.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:46 AM
Retired. Not available.

mp3 changer for stock head unit.

You will an adapter from Peripheral.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DrOPCUL...asp?i=541HONIL

Adapter model: HONIL (peripheral)
MP3 cd changer: CHM-S634 (alpine)

The link said it hooks up to S630 but it will work with S634 too (mp3 capability).

The alterate adapter is Blitzsafe HON/ALP DMX V.1
http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_catal...ra_alpine.html
Old 11-10-2003, 11:55 AM
6th Gear

Was wondering where i would be able to find that blackwood dash kit you have.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Retired. Not available.

I want to put in an aftermarket head unit. Is there a dash kit made for 2nd Gen CL?

Yes. Many shops and stores do not know about it but there is one. It is a Metra kit, #99-7868
Old 02-18-2004, 01:22 PM
Retired. Not available.

How do I add an aftermarket mp3 player to stock HU?

You will need a blitzsafe adapter which provide an extra audio input to the stock HU. To select this Aux input, press CD button twice (or once if you are already playing CD).

Model number: HON/AUX DMX V.1