Fresno's Woodward Park
65.06%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

All california meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
they said its closed but all the info and posts are still visible..and they can still come on az as guests and read when its going to happen..im just wondering if the thread can just 'disappear'
Old 03-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have been a member of both Acurazine and Club RSX for many years and attended meets and functions for both Acura Sites for years as well, My post went up prior to to the few of you that are against other Acura's attending the All Cali Event.
I am also the sponsor for the All Cali Event in Fresno, my apologies to any of you narrow minded folks who feel Club RSX members would ruin, I am sure they will gladly join Acurazine to be able to meet and enjoy an afternoon with other Acura Owners and enjoy seeing and meeting with us all.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:37 PM
SHAWD 04TL is in

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
OK guys... WANTED TO HAVE THIS UP YESTERDAY....
We are putting together an automated script "Sign Up Form"
so far so good just a couple more tweaks to get it right.
You know me ... I do things right... No Half Ass-ing.

Please be patient. We will have the Sign Up sheet ready SOON
Old 03-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Race Director

how many more people are we talking about? as long as its not out of hand and we have a mature group of people, i dont see the harm of a couple extra cars. i just dont want it to get a little crazy and have people resent us for pushing fresno..thats all
Old 03-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wps007
I have been a member of both Acurazine and Club RSX for many years and attended meets and functions for both Acura Sites for years as well, My post went up prior to to the few of you that are against other Acura's attending the All Cali Event.
I am also the sponsor for the All Cali Event in Fresno, my apologies to any of you narrow minded folks who feel Club RSX members would ruin, I am sure they will gladly join Acurazine to be able to meet and enjoy an afternoon with other Acura Owners and enjoy seeing and meeting with us all.
Although I have no problem with Acura people going, the problem is that We (acurazine members) are the ones putting this whole thing together. Then somebody feels the need to bring in other car clubs to take advantage of what we planned.

The whole point is that we are planning something from "our group," and not for lots of random people outside of "our group."

We are planning this for a certain amount of people at a specific park and cannot afford to exceed it, and therefore we need rules as to how we go about inviting people.

We just don't want people to take advantage of our meet is all. I'm sure the people who are sharing food don't want random people who are not in "our group" to be walking up and taking what should belong to us members here at Acurazine.

And, it's not your place to go about inviting other groups without the groups conscent.

Last edited by Rescuer; 03-04-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hOnU
since its been about 12 years since the 97 CL first came, i hope i'm not gonna be the lone 1st gen CL going to the all-cali this year..last year i think we only had 4 or 5 and i think the first year they had 5 or 6? i know as the years pass that our cars are getting older and there are less out there, but i'll still rep for the 1st gens!
you know im down to go!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rescuer
Although I have no problem with Acura people going, the problem is that We (acurazine members) are the ones putting this whole thing together. Then somebody feels the need to bring in other car clubs to take advantage of what we planned.

The whole point is that we are planning something from "our group," and not for lots of random people outside of "our group."

We are planning this for a certain amount of people at a specific park and cannot afford to exceed it, and therefore we need rules as to how we go about inviting people.

We just don't want people to take advantage of our meet is all. I'm sure the people who are sharing food don't want random people who are not in "our group" to be walking up and taking what should belong to us members here at Acurazine.

And, it's not your place to go about inviting other groups without the groups conscent.
I am all for other Acura groups participating. I don't see it as taking away from our group, but adding to it. It seems you are making broad assumptions that they will all be dicks, take "our" food, etc...

I know guys that have very nice rides (acura's) that are not members of this forum. I intend to invite them. I've yet to see one of these meets have so many people that is has been a problem inviting others.

It is an interesting argument coming from a guy who drives a subaru
Old 03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Received 219 Likes on 118 Posts
Who cares if he drives a Subaru or not? Have you been to cartalk? There's plenty of Acuraziners who have moved on, away from their acuras and stay on the board...
Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Drifting

well it would help a lot if other people joined and state that they'll help contribute, like bring food or something.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
To Rescuer/Fireman Bill and CrazyAsanti:
I seem to have affended you two the most, I assure you I am at Least 30 years Old, Not Narrow Minded, and have attended many Car Shows and Events.
I had the pleasure of meeting one you last year at the All Cali ACURA Event in Pismo, you came in a SUBARU, Crazy have not had the pleasure of meeting you because you did NOT attend the last meeting Central Cali or the ElkGrove meet in Sac, perhaps you WILL attend the BBQ this weekend in Fresno.
Being an ACURA enthusiast, I never would have imagined that we all would not want to meet other ACURA lover's and marvel over there Rides, As previously stated in a previous post I believe it was Rescuer on the best SUBARU meets he had been to had over 300 cars attend in Oregon
I apolgize that I had assumed that all would not want other Acura's to attend, to admire the Acurazine Ride's, for us to learn and appreciate other's Acura's. A special apology to you two Simple, Narrow minded gentlemen. Hope to see you both at the All Cali Event
Old 03-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

First off, stop calling myself and others narrowminded. It's stupid and offensive. Along with the Fireman bill bullshit.

ChicoOG, check out my reg date. I am OG, you are not.

Many people here no longer have their acuras, so don't be a fool and try to insult me like that. So why bring that into it?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Race Director

im not offended in anyway..i was just concerned about too many cars and random non acuras showing giving fresno a bad rep. im all for inviting others, but they do need to contribute. im just worried if things DO get out of hand, then people will look at fresno as a bad place when people gave us the chance to organize a meet. i dont want the reputation of 'hey, theres those fresno guys who cant plan a decent meet' is all. i want this to be a great meet, i really do. i originally suggusted fresno a couple months back and nobody except for triod and loonatix had my back. now we have the chance to prove to everyone that we CAN throw a great meet.. thats all i want. and i do apologize for not meeting you at the last meet, as i had some lighting problems with my hids. i look forward to meeting you at our local meet, as long as we dnt let this planning stuff get to us-bryan
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

The 300 car subaru meets were in regards to park size and handling more than capacity.

The "best ACURA" meets were the west coast meets in oregon.

Next time get your facts straight before attcking me because i no longer drive an acura, because now you look foolish.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx
Who cares if he drives a Subaru or not? Have you been to cartalk? There's plenty of Acuraziners who have moved on, away from their acuras and stay on the board...

I knew someone would flame out about that...I said that for no other reason than to f*7K with someone, it worked just messin'

The main point, let's get as many acura's to the meet as possible. I'm not interested in being part of an up tight, let's all shave our heads to show our unity, kind of deal...loosen up, relax a little...in the scope of world events, it's just a car meet. If someone takes some of my chips and dip, I think I'll survive.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Kang Ho

this thing is out of control This thread will/should be close.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rescuer
First off, stop calling myself and others narrowminded. It's stupid and offensive. Along with the Fireman bill bullshit.

ChicoOG, check out my reg date. I am OG, you are not.

Many people here no longer have their acuras, so don't be a fool and try to insult me like that. So why bring that into it?
To F with U...you are an easy target...

Reg. date = whether or not you are OG...o.k, if you say so...seems to confirm the "small minded" assessment.

You have to have something better then that

By the way, it's been an intense week...so,I am blowing off steam...nothing personal, just messin' with you. That being said, I do think it should be open to as many acura owners as possible.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SupaRookie
this thing is out of control This thread will/should be close.
It's not that serious, just messin' and having a little fun :surrender
Old 03-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Race Director

ok..we need to forget about this and move on..we keep going back and forth like a bunch of bipolar nutbars..first we said lets include others, then some peple didnt like that, so we said azine only..now others dont like that and now people are saying that we should include others.. let us please make up our minds on this and stop flaming each other on a touchy subject..if we want others..fine..if we want az only..thats fine too. but we need to make up our minds so we can set up a new official thread and make some progress-bryan
Old 03-04-2009, 11:30 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Honestly...This might not be the meet for you guys who are reppin' this to other Car Clubs/Forums.

People that are true Acurazine members are not going to come in full attendance.

It isn't about getting as many Acuras from the web to show up in Fresno!!!

It's about OUR "All-California Acurazine" crew! [Regardless...if you still have an Acura or not]

WTH is so hard to get about that?

This isn't a CAR SHOW!

You guys are trying to plan it like one...why?

The people this meet is supposed to serve are not going to come...trust me.

I know I won't...if it continues going that way.

I understand that you want to make it the largest showing of Acuras and your intentions are good.

Again...this is not the "meet" for it.

No more insults because you will be losing a lot of respect from other members.

Just keep it cool...

Last edited by nf3d0149ab; 03-04-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:44 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

If you want to get a mass acura meet, this meet is NOT the place to do it..

Why do a lot of people want this to be an EXCLUSIVE Acurazine meet? Well I'm not sure if you went last year, but if you did, you'd know that it didn't turn out great. A few people from socal tried to get everyone together, using the microphone, but it was unsucessful. We also did a small ScratchX demonstration, and I saw a few Norcal people come out and join us. But overall, the All Cali meet had Socal and Norcal separated. The only real time everybody got together was for food. I know a good amount of people were disapointed with the interaction between the two groups. See, that's the problem with having big meets... there's so many people to meet, and it causes headaches for some people, so they don't bother to meet new people. It's also really hard to remember everyone's name, but you would probably remember their cars. So what if you will only see a lot of people only once a year or so? The purpose of the all cali meet is to meet all kinds of different people, and enjoy yourselves.

So Instead of having a repeat of last year, and causing more mayhem by having people from other random forums, we should not be inviting anyone else. Acurazine and Acurazine only. The main focus should be trying to get Acurazine members to interact a bit more with other fellow Acuraziner's. After all, why have an all Acurazine meet if you're going to drive so far out, and not enjoy the time you spend there?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Race Director

[QUOTE=nf3d0149ab;10601421]

It isn't about getting as many Acuras from the web to show up in Fresno!!!

It's about OUR "All-California Acurazine" crew! [Regardless...if you still have an Acura or not]

WTH is so hard to get about that?

this is how ive felt from the get-go, but i guess whatever is fine with me..why dont we vote on this too lmao..if you guys were worried about how people stayed in groups at previous meets, imagine how it will be when all other acura forums join-in..just my two cents..lets make up our minds please so we can plan this
Old 03-05-2009, 12:17 AM

Yeah...if other forums/clubs showed up it would be even more "dis-membered."

That's true...most people were being shy last year.

I was hoping this year would be different and people would come out their shells.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:20 AM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Last year I supplied nametags, but it didn't really seem to help...
Old 03-05-2009, 12:20 AM
O.o

All I know is that I don't want to have to turn around and drive back to Arizona... PLEASE don't let me have to endure another 9 hour drive!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx
Last year I supplied nametags, but it didn't really seem to help...
Yeah I was all for the name tags.

I thought that was a great idea...not everybody participated.

How else would we know who is who...that's the easy way to "break the ice."

Originally Posted by 2k4CL9
All I know is that I don't want to have to turn around and drive back to Arizona... PLEASE don't let me have to endure another 9 hour drive!
Def. aiming not to waste your time.

This is a great meet to attend and lots of cool people I met last year that are good friends of mine now.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 AM
O.o

Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab
Def. aiming not to waste your time.

This is a great meet to attend and lots of cool people I met last year that are good friends of mine now.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to attending this year.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:38 AM

Cool.

Glad to hear you are still on board.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Race Director

i agree with you guys on this..we could try name tages again..so lets make up our minds.. i say az only..us fresno guys are having a meet on saturday and we will discuss plans for all cali..theres a handful of us that want every acura in cali to be here and theres us that want az only..this will be my first big meet and based on everyones experience, i think it would be safe to say that this meet will be for acurazine only..i think i/we kinda pissed off our sponsor so i will try to adress things with him on saturday. let me know/pm me if theres anything in particular that you would want us to adress-bryan
Old 03-05-2009, 12:53 AM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

You are one very dedicated Acuraziner! I salute you!! I really do hope this meet exceeds your expectations, and you have a great time
Old 03-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by crazyasiantl
i agree with you guys on this..we could try name tages again..so lets make up our minds.. i say az only..us fresno guys are having a meet on saturday and we will discuss plans for all cali..theres a handful of us that want every acura in cali to be here and theres us that want az only..this will be my first big meet and based on everyones experience, i think it would be safe to say that this meet will be for acurazine only..i think i/we kinda pissed off our sponsor so i will try to adress things with him on saturday. let me know/pm me if theres anything in particular that you would want us to adress-bryan
i dont think every acura in cali can fit in that parking lot...
Old 03-05-2009, 01:03 AM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Lol seriously, and there are tons of acuras that arent on the forums
Old 03-05-2009, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by crazyasiantl
i think i/we kinda pissed off our sponsor so i will try to adress things with him on saturday.
if we pissed off the sponsor but we have to clear this up so it doesn't turn into a fiasco.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Euro925
i dont think every acura in cali can fit in that parking lot...
im just overexagerating lmao..now how do we settle this whole ordeal? vote? another poll?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:36 AM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

I say Acurazine only.... if you read my long post.

If you want to do some more research, go through last year's recap threads and see their responses... you'll see a pattern.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:46 AM
Race Director

ill take a look at them, ill make sure the other locals do too. thanks for the input bro
Old 03-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Evil Bob Knieval

Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab
if we pissed off the sponsor but we have to clear this up so it doesn't turn into a fiasco.
The sponsor actually pissed off some of our members.

This meet isn't about the sponsor, it's about our group of people wanting to have our yearly meet.

If that sponsor/shop owner/whatever wants to have a BBQ for his business, then he can feel free to do that. However, this meet is an Acurazine members meet. If a sponsor wants to be a part of it and graciously contribute, then that's great, but it's still our meet, not his.

Notice how many people still voted for Nipomo? There is nobody sponsoring that and yet people want to go. We all just want a relaxing time at a good location with our fellow community.

I think nf3d0149ab's post sums things up nicely https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=219
Old 03-05-2009, 02:05 AM
Drifting

true^. i could care less if a sponsor is there. id rather have a meet go down well without any hassles.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:07 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Obviously some of you don't understand the "AcuraZine" part of "All Cali AcuraZine Meet."

If you want to invite other Acura owners/enthusiasts, then please plan a separate/different meet.

Here are a few reasons off the top of my head why this is for AcuraZine members only.

1. The location/parking lot may not be big enough for everyone if we were to just invite any Acura owner/enthusiast. If we invite other Acura owners/enthusiats, chances are that they'll end up bring other people with them.

2. Inviting non-AcuraZine member to join the meet will make the organizing process difficult. For instance, how are we going to know what they're going to bring if they're not members here and participating? For that matter, how are we going to know if they're going to bring anything at all (i.e. freeloaders)?

3. The goal of this meet is not for it to be the biggest Acura meet. It's for us "AcuraZine" members to meet one another. IMO it's kinda pointless to meet someone from another forum and then never hear or talk to them again.

4. The more people that show up, the harder it's going to be to keep things under control. Like at other meets, someone's going to want to show off (speed, do burnout, rev engine loudly.... etc.) and draw attention to the group. We don't need the police harassing anyone/everyone... especially those people with modified cars. We don't need the police stopping people and checking to see if they have stolen parts, issue fix it tickets,... etc.

5. As pointed out by Eric (onebadna1nsx), last years meet was kinda :ghey: because there were so many people who just stayed in their own groups. The more people there are, the more likely people are going to just hang out with their own friends.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:13 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
I'm PMing the Mods to delete the NorCal thread.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:16 AM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Another reason-
Revving. We've had one or two bad apples at the Acurazine Irvine BBQ(which happened recently) revving their motors... even when I yelled don't rev. I guarantee you, with 20174280157152 Acura's and other cars, there will be quite a few people revving for no apparent reason. Maybe even burnouts or peeling out. We don't really need the extra attraction from police.. We'd already be easy prey anyways. Having lots of cars , we will probably be holding up traffic, etc.

Quick Reply: All california meet