My first turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 07:58 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first turbo

So this is the 1st vehicle I've ever owned with a Turbo it is the 14th vehicle I have owned I typically go through cars every 2 years My previous car was a 2016 Honda Accord Touring It was beautiful car a great car I love that very much and then they released the Honda Civic type R. When that car was released I consider trading my car in For it but I also realized I didn't want my kids in that car and I would need 2 cars. So I traded in my sweet a** accord for a 2010 RDX with plans on paying it off within 2 years and purchasing a type R while having the S UV for the family. That doesn't mean I wanna be driving around in some mom car or grocery getter so before I purchase my type RI would like to complete this vehicle to my personal satisfaction said no matter when I'm driving I am happy. I have purchased Flash pro And K and N intake, I replaced every light bold in the vehicle with led's and spent over $400 on that alone I just added remote start passive keyless entry And push button start. Unfortunately I don't have the Tech so I'm driving in a base the price was too good to pass up I spent 12500 On this RDX and it has only 56000 miles I feel like it was a good deal so I jumped on it and decided to make it my dad rod. I have owned an acura TL acura integra GSR acura TSX as well as 2 Honda CRX , Honda Civic SI Honda Accord touring And a bunch of other s******* before that. I have done work to each car and learned something new each time but this is my 1st Turbo and it's a whole new animal for me. As I figured every Honda I will purchase from now on will most likely be a Turbo I figured why not start my dad rod with a Honda Turbo that's what led me to the RDX. I have read a million posts on the site already I've been following the wrench 116 And his path is the 1I most likely would like to follow. I do want more power in this vehicle however I do not want to have a loud exhaust noise or drone I appreciate the sound the Turbo makes i enjoy hearing it. Though I know exhaust is a crucial element in making power. I would like to try to find a way to make enough power that satisfies me without waking up the neighborhood. After I get my 5 posts in and I'm able to pm people Hopefully I can get underway meanwhile is anybody once to chime in on possible options for me please feel free.. Thanks in advance
Old 01-27-2018, 04:54 PM
CSmoney28

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Judge215
So this is the 1st vehicle I've ever owned with a Turbo it is the 14th vehicle I have owned I typically go through cars every 2 years My previous car was a 2016 Honda Accord Touring It was beautiful car a great car I love that very much and then they released the Honda Civic type R. When that car was released I consider trading my car in For it but I also realized I didn't want my kids in that car and I would need 2 cars. So I traded in my sweet a** accord for a 2010 RDX with plans on paying it off within 2 years and purchasing a type R while having the S UV for the family. That doesn't mean I wanna be driving around in some mom car or grocery getter so before I purchase my type RI would like to complete this vehicle to my personal satisfaction said no matter when I'm driving I am happy. I have purchased Flash pro And K and N intake, I replaced every light bold in the vehicle with led's and spent over $400 on that alone I just added remote start passive keyless entry And push button start. Unfortunately I don't have the Tech so I'm driving in a base the price was too good to pass up I spent 12500 On this RDX and it has only 56000 miles I feel like it was a good deal so I jumped on it and decided to make it my dad rod. I have owned an acura TL acura integra GSR acura TSX as well as 2 Honda CRX , Honda Civic SI Honda Accord touring And a bunch of other s******* before that. I have done work to each car and learned something new each time but this is my 1st Turbo and it's a whole new animal for me. As I figured every Honda I will purchase from now on will most likely be a Turbo I figured why not start my dad rod with a Honda Turbo that's what led me to the RDX. I have read a million posts on the site already I've been following the wrench 116 And his path is the 1I most likely would like to follow. I do want more power in this vehicle however I do not want to have a loud exhaust noise or drone I appreciate the sound the Turbo makes i enjoy hearing it. Though I know exhaust is a crucial element in making power. I would like to try to find a way to make enough power that satisfies me without waking up the neighborhood. After I get my 5 posts in and I'm able to pm people Hopefully I can get underway meanwhile is anybody once to chime in on possible options for me please feel free.. Thanks in advance
ETS Top Mount Intercooler
Old 01-27-2018, 07:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Wait, what do you mean you added passive keyless entry and push button start? Do you have pics of that and how did you do it? Congrats on the RDX, it’s an amazing vehicle.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:14 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by RDX10
Wait, what do you mean you added passive keyless entry and push button start? Do you have pics of that and how did you do it? Congrats on the RDX, it’s an amazing vehicle.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:17 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by RDX10
i used the wiring diagram I found on the site under remote start, however I haven' figured out the passive keyless entry yet, I can' seem to find 2010 specific wiring diagrams so i was going off the 07. The remote start and push button weren't too hard to do just watch the limited videos on youtube and research the amazon reviews for pointers
Old 01-28-2018, 12:23 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by CSmoney28
ETS Top Mount Intercooler
thanks, thats at the top of my list. Do you notice a difference immediately when this is installed and will I have to schedule with Vit for a tune when it' installed to actually reap the benefits?
Old 06-01-2019, 04:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like we have the same goals and mods. Like you, my current setup is K&N short ram and Flashpro K&N base map. Eating ramen noodles for awhile saving funds for the ETS intercooler.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:40 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
That sucks , pinching pennies to mod.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:16 PM
CSmoney28

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
You notice a huge difference right off the bat. First of all this thing is high quality and all aluminum. I’m talking perfect welds and nice thick metal. This thing is tuff not like that half plastic half aluminum foil trash they put on originally. You can see the difference, feel the difference, and see the difference.

Hondata will help along with add on modifications like the k&n intake which I also have and can give you a review if you need. As well as the RV-6 Downpipe/Midpipe I have as well that I can also review for you. Dyno running will give you the best results but that costs money and isn’t necessary unless you’re doing other things that we can get into at a later time.