First time acura owner, first time site visitor, first time poster etc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:24 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time acura owner, first time site visitor, first time poster etc...

Hi All,
I recently purchased an 07 Acura RDX here in Canada. The car came from New York and was a US made car complete with Miles above KM for the speedometer.
Am a toyota driver normally but this car called to me for some reason when I test drove it, and am glad I went with it.

Now this RDX came with the full tech package which is great but two weeks after purchase I am finding that when I put it in reverse the backup camera does not always come on and other times when it does it flickers and goes back to the previous screen sometimes. Before going to the mechanic to get it checked I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this problem. I would like to get it checked out having some info on what the potential problem could be rather than have the mechanic tell me it needs a new johnson rod.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2010, 08:40 AM
2008 Acura RDX

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by chefbear
Hi All,
I recently purchased an 07 Acura RDX here in Canada. The car came from New York and was a US made car complete with Miles above KM for the speedometer.
Am a toyota driver normally but this car called to me for some reason when I test drove it, and am glad I went with it.

Now this RDX came with the full tech package which is great but two weeks after purchase I am finding that when I put it in reverse the backup camera does not always come on and other times when it does it flickers and goes back to the previous screen sometimes. Before going to the mechanic to get it checked I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this problem. I would like to get it checked out having some info on what the potential problem could be rather than have the mechanic tell me it needs a new johnson rod.

Thanks
Welcome,
Apparently the backup cam is linked to the Nav system and what most have found it that upgrading your Nav Sys to 2010 upgrade solves probs. Those have included a dull or no picture etc.
Yours being an '07 probably does'nt have the uprade as yet. And I understand that you have to pay for it somewhere in the region of $150.
Something to check out eh!

p.s. hope the fix is cheaper that an new johnson rod. Those things aint cheap

Old 05-07-2010, 10:10 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I will give that a try first. Is that something the dealer has to do, or can I just order the upgrade from Acura and install the CD upgrade myself?
Thanks for helping a total acura newbie.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is really easy to do yourself. On the carpet part of the center console on the passenger side is a little cutout. Pop it out, press the open button then eject the old dvd. Put the new one in and reverse steps. It is completely automatic.

There is also a way to downgrade from the service menu (Hold map/guide menu and cancel to get to service menu).