Audio/Infotainmenr Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 11:19 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio/Infotainmenr Issue?

Has anyone else encountered the issue of crackling sounds coming from the speakers when listening to any sort of audio? Worsens when there are potholes on the road. I know there is a TSB out for this issue on the RDX’s but not quite sure yet the TLX. Assuming it’s caused by the same issue, it is supposedly caused by a number of wires between the infotainment system and wiring harness coming loose. I was wondering if anyone else had any other theories or similar issues with their TLX.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:26 AM
4th Gear

Hi there, I came to this forum yesterday for the very same reason as what you mentioned. Purchased my TLX in September, and last week it the speakers started crackling. This morning, I got in it and the infotainment system wouldn't work. No satellite, no FM radio, no bluetooth. It all acted like it didn't want to load in. I have a call in to the service center at my local Acura dealer, but was wondering if you found out what the problem is?
Old 10-20-2021, 11:18 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by AcuraAsh
Hi there, I came to this forum yesterday for the very same reason as what you mentioned. Purchased my TLX in September, and last week it the speakers started crackling. This morning, I got in it and the infotainment system wouldn't work. No satellite, no FM radio, no bluetooth. It all acted like it didn't want to load in. I have a call in to the service center at my local Acura dealer, but was wondering if you found out what the problem is?
Mine is not quite as bad yet but I’m not waiting to find out if it will get there either. Sounds like it’s the wiring issue I mentioned. EE4Life posted this in another thread: See TSB 21-032 - Popping/Crackling from the Speaker; Display Blank in the 2021 TSB thread.

You can call your local Acura dealership and bring up the TSB and they should be able to fix the issue through the warranty. Got my appointment scheduled already! Will find out soon if it cures the problem once and for all.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:17 AM
4th Gear

Yes! When I called to make the appointment, they knew exactly what I was referring to. I guess it's a problem with a lot of their cars? I drove an RDX for 10 years without any problems, but hopefully the dealership will be able to fix it?
Old 06-30-2022, 08:37 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
With the outside temperature going up, my audio system started cutting out, speakers crackling and lost my phone call a half dozen times in my 30 min drive home. I saw on this website the Service bulletin 21-032 concerning the issue, called my service manager, and he knew exactly what the issue was. Going in next week to get the FAKRA connectors replaced.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:18 AM
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts
Unsure about the crackling, but I was getting a high frequency “chirp” in Apple Car Play mode. Just got the Type-S back from Service and it seems a lot better. Loading is quicker and it actually performs as well as the loaner TLX (mine is a 2022 vin less than 400).

They reflashed the OS.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:01 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 534 Likes on 272 Posts
Originally Posted by KidK
Unsure about the crackling, but I was getting a high frequency “chirp” in Apple Car Play mode. Just got the Type-S back from Service and it seems a lot better. Loading is quicker and it actually performs as well as the loaner TLX (mine is a 2022 vin less than 400).

They reflashed the OS.
This happens to me if I plug my phone in before it’s fully booted up. It’ll even crash Apple CarPlay if I have maps running prior to plugging it in sometimes. I’m not sure why but it’s very annoying.
Old 11-01-2022, 11:37 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KidK

They reflashed the OS.
Just got my CPO ‘21 advanced and I hear the buzzing/ chirping when listening to music with CarPlay. I Had the Fakra TSB done with my dealer, but the buzzing/chirping issue persists. Did the “reflash” resolve this issue for you? Anyone find a solution?
Old 11-02-2022, 12:29 AM
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts
I agree with KrylonBlue - patience to wait for the slow as shit system to fully boot up before plugging into CarPlay is the best approach. When I rush it, I have issues. When I wait, all is fine. Hard to do when running errands.

PS - I’ve found Bluetooth Audio (streaming Sirius XM) to be much more reliable when it comes to connections. Plus I can listen to Howard Stern and it pauses while I’m in a store. Don’t miss a minute of his show while running in and out of a few spots.
Old 11-05-2022, 02:58 PM
10th Gear

I disabled DTS Neural Surround on the TLX and automatic dolly atoms in Apple Music settings, have not experienced the issue since. Fingers crossed this resolves it.
Old 12-17-2022, 09:58 PM
Cruisin'

Yes, I have this issue in my 2020 RDX with advanced package which I purchased in California.
All TSBs have been applied by 2 different dealers yet the issue continues.
The popping/crackling sound occurs even when the ignition is off and when the infotainment system is off.
The problem is unrelated to the infortainment system.
The dealers seem to be unable to diagnose or remedy this issue which is posted throughout this forum.
After 4 failed attempts, the customer can demand repayment in full under the terms of the California lemon law.
My attorney has now made just such a demand from American Honda.
Old 12-18-2022, 01:01 PM
Cruisin'

Popping/Crackling sound due to defective network design

a) I have a 2020 RDX AWD with Advanced package. It has every component Acura can put in this car.
b) the popping/crackling sound is generated by defective/loose components in the MOST BUS network which
is present in multiple Honda & Acura models. It is randomly distributing & discharging electrical noise into the speakers.
b) To date, Honda is at a loss as to how to 1) diagnose 2) repair this problem in multiple Honda & Acura models.
c) I've had all the TSBs installed in my car. The FAKRA connectors alone will not solve this issue.
d) start the car first thing in the morning and perform these steps.
How to simulate the popping/crackling noise:
i) refer to TSB-21-009 (attached) and follow the inspection procedure on page 2.
ii) Enter: Dealer Diagnostics menu
iii) select DETAIL INFORMATION & SETTING.
iv) select car status or system check.
In my car, it sounds like a popcorn machine.
This is because this procedure sends signals to all of the components through the MOST BUS network
and all of their connectors. See attached picture.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MOST-bus.pdf (645.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf
TSB-21-009.pdf (2.88 MB, 109 views)